Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210060 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
futureenergy:

Final outcome for those who reached the last stage is sometime September to November.
The chances are high, but the determinants are how good your application is, your performance in the assessments and focus areas for your country.
thank you.by how good your app is, do you mean mean the essays?what's d nature of the assessment tests and is it something one can study previous tests?thanks you again.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by u3fine(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2019
chaiks:
thank you.by how good your app is, do you mean mean the essays?what's d nature of the assessment tests and is it something one can study previous tests?thanks you again.
Please when will the next application start?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
u3fine:

Please when will the next application start?
probably by February/march next year 2020.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by u3fine(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
ok, thank you
chaiks:
probably by February/march next year 2020.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
u3fine:
ok, thank you
uwc.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by liliberth: 3:17am On Mar 21, 2019
Please I need guide on how to send my passport I’m a bit confused on how to go about it. And how much does it cost. Please help me. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by olumideanifowo: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
I just checked my status on the new zealand scholarship home page and my status reads declined. Please, does that mean I can not continue in the selection process anymore?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bucade11: 2:47am On Apr 02, 2019
olumideanifowo:
I just checked my status on the new zealand scholarship home page and my status reads declined. Please, does that mean I can not continue in the selection process anymore?
what year is the scholarship? I think 2020 result isn’t out yet....

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Rhamzy94(m): 6:03am On Apr 02, 2019
bucade11:
what year is the scholarship? I think 2020 result isn’t out yet....

Log in to your real me account. Under the status column. It is showing declined. Have you checked yours too?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by olumideanifowo: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2019
it is for 2020. I think it is a system glitch or something. I mailed them and i got response that the selection process is still ongoing and a mail will be sent within the month. so, am thinking the decline on the status might rather be a system glitch. or do we have anyone which the status reads otherwise?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bucade11: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
I guess as much, I haven’t receive any mail and it’s normal for them to send mail to all applicants
olumideanifowo:
it is for 2020. I think it is a system glitch or something. I mailed them and i got response that the selection process is still ongoing and a mail will be sent within the month. so, am thinking the decline on the status might rather be a system glitch. or do we have anyone which the status reads otherwise?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by witgig: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
liliberth:
Please I need guide on how to send my passport I’m a bit confused on how to go about it. And how much does it cost. Please help me. Thanks

You can get it sent via a courier service. If you made online application make sure you send along the Thank You page you get after submitting your application.

The cost depends on the courier company you are using. I v seen people use DHL and UPS. FedEx may tell you they don't send passport except to an embassy AND VAC may not qualify as embassy.
To send alone, DHL costs between 30-40k while UPS is 14-20k.

Getting it sent back costs even more for each of these companies.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 3:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Checked my status and it reads declined. I actually don't know what this mean but I do hope they reply my mail on time. Anyone with contrary status please?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bucade11: 3:06am On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:
Checked my status and it reads declined. I actually don't know what this mean but I do hope they reply my mail on time. Anyone with contrary status please?
check your mail, they have started sending mails to applicants.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 3:16am On Apr 05, 2019
bucade11:
check your mail, they have started sending mails to applicants.
yea.just saw their email now. Love letter. The fight continue anyway.thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bucade11: 4:53am On Apr 17, 2019
When is the next round of selection result gonna come out?
chaiks:
yea.just saw their email now. Love letter. The fight continue anyway.thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 5:52am On Apr 17, 2019
bucade11:
hi. Sorry I don't know oo
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Blaqman: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2019
Good day everyone, I just got a P.hd admission in Uni. Of Auckland NZ and I intend to travel with my wife and two children. Please advise me if I need to wire the proof of fund to NZ or I can show a statement of account in Nigeria.
Also advise if I need to show 15,000 each for my child of 14 yrs and 7yrs to apply for their student visa.
Also advise what is the alternative for the proof of return flight ticket of 2,000nzd per person, do I also need to wire the money to NZ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by theGenuineMEE1: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
chaiks:
hi. Sorry I don't know oo
[quote author=Blaqman post=77726402]Good day everyone, I just got a P.hd admission in Uni. Of Auckland NZ and I intend to travel with my wife and two children. Please advise me if I need to wire the proof of fund to NZ or I can show a statement of account in Nigeria.
Also advise if I need to show 15,000 each for my child of 14 yrs and 7yrs to apply for their student visa.
Also advise what is the alternative for the proof of return flight ticket of 2,000nzd per person, do I also need to wire the money to NZ?

Congratulations on your PhD Admission.
I'll suggest you pursue your student visa in the first instance, then later on you bring your family to NZ. Otherwise how do you prove you are a bonafide student? Your application might be declined on this basis. Family ties would be very useful here if you'll first leave them behind. This is very significant. INZ's concern would be that you are just some economic migrants. Except your circumstances are different from my thoughts.

Think of this strategy.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Litzy: 7:58pm On May 02, 2019
bucade11:

Hi, good to be here. I am prayerfully waiting for the next stage of the scholarship.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Blaqman: 11:49pm On May 07, 2019
Please can anyone advise me the current exchange rate for New Zealand Dollar to Naira, I just want to be sure.
Also confirm if I the internet conversion rate is realistic.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bucade11: 8:45pm On May 10, 2019
Blaqman:
Good day everyone, I just got a P.hd admission in Uni. Of Auckland NZ and I intend to travel with my wife and two children. Please advise me if I need to wire the proof of fund to NZ or I can show a statement of account in Nigeria.
I sent mail to you, pls respond I wanna ask you some questions. Thanks so much
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by davodyguy: 11:35pm On May 18, 2019
Blaqman:
Please can anyone advise me the current exchange rate for New Zealand Dollar to Naira, I just want to be sure.
Also confirm if I the internet conversion rate is realistic.
₦250/NZL1
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Chisuccess: 9:41am On May 24, 2019
Has anyone gotten a message after the abstract and psychometric tests?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Litzy: 1:11am On May 27, 2019
[quote author=Chisuccess post=78671118]Has anyone gotten a message after the abstract and psychometric tests?

Thank God you are here sis. This thread has been so quiet for my liking. No response yet from them. Let's just be hopeful that before this week runs out, we will hear from them.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Chisuccess: 12:14am On Jun 05, 2019
I just got an email. I ve been selected for an interview.
Any news from anyone here??

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by WhyNa: 3:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Welcome to the University of Auckland

Congratulations! You have been offered conditional admission to the University of Auckland and we are delighted that you want to study with us. Before we can confirm your place, you must meet the conditions attached.

Read your Conditional Offer of Admission carefully

Your offer (attached) contains important information including:

The conditions you must meet

Our Terms and Conditions, which set out details about student visa obligations and University policies you need to understand

Please advice. It don't think it comes with a scholarship
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by TheEllimist: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2019
Mails have started dropping for the interview stage....
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by TheEllimist: 10:43am On Jun 05, 2019
@chisuccess, kindly drop your contact.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by serex6: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2019
cconcept:
courtesy of @Sirlovings

"Sirlovings:

In my case, I am married to a kiwi. I have two lovely kids. If you plan to come on a student visa, it will be better for you because it is more straight forward. Since you have got admission from a school here, I will advise you to continue with the student visa but plan it very well. Don't be desperate to move so you won't make mistakes. PLEASE DO NOT USE AN AGENT, you can do everything by yourself.

Have you got your offer of place, or confirmation of enrollment from the school? if yes then start sorting the following things out:

1. Your International passport.

2. Evidence of Fund - You must have enough fund for each years of the duration of your study. It is usually a minimum of 15000 NZD. So if you are looking at getting a one year visa, you must have at least equivalent of 15000 nz dollars in your account or in your sponsor's account.
Having this money will show that you are able to take care of yourself while studying in New Zealand.
Note that it is better to pay a full year school fee for your first year, this will help convince them that you are a genuine student.

3. Offer of place or confirmation of enrollment - since you got your admission, I believe you are already sorting it out with the school. I also believe that you chose a good course which would help you stay in nz by apply for Skilled Migrant work visa and then Residency if you plan to go that way or you could use the family category..
It is always better to study a course that are in Long term skilled migrant shortage list. This will be handy when you are applying for your residence visa. Remember that New Zealand visa is based on point system and you have to meet the 160 points. See link: http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/long-term-skill-shortage-list.pdf

4. Health - You will need to do your medicals as a proof that you are in good health. You will need chest X-ray as well. Since you live in Nigeria, they might require you to do full medicals. I think it will cost you around 50-60 thousand naira. See link: http://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/templates/Content/ListsPopup.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7bD7D1DC3B-F70D-4BED-9E3A-DB535805EF16%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fmigrant%2fstream%2fwork%2fskilledmigrant%2fLinkAdministration%2fToolboxLinks%2fpaneldoctors%2ehtm%3flevel%3d1%26_ga%3d1%2e66193198%2e1049625819%2e1483730207&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&_ga=1.66193198.1049625819.1483730207&level=1

5. Character: Immigration New Zealand will like to make sure that you are of good character with no criminal records. They don't joke with crime here. If you live in Nigeria, you will need a Police clearance from Nigeria. If you have lived in another country for more than a Year in the last 7 years, you will need a police clearance from that country. I think you can get your Nigerian police clearance for like 10k or less from:
Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria.

6. Medical/Travel Insurance - you will need health insurance except if you are coming here to study for PhD. Free or subsidized Medical care is only for New Zealand citizens and Resident visa holders

7. - Letter to Immigration New Zealand, explaining why you choose to study in New Zealand and your intention to return home after your studies (even if that's won't be the case) You will need to show them that you are a genuine student and that your intention is to study and return home with your knowledge. This is the tricky part and this is where you will need to convince them that you have enough fund to see you through while studying. And that you are not an Economic migrant who is just looking for a way to leave his country.
If Immigration New Zealand think or suspect that you are not a genuine student, the case officer might just decline your visa.
So you need to be careful and make sure you have chosen the right course, atleast a course that is needed in nz like; Engineering courses, Nursing, Medicine, surveying, Health care course etc..

Once you have put your supporting documents together, go to Immigration New Zealand Website and download or fill your form online (3-4 different forms). You can apply online or you can send them to the VAC office in Pretoria, South Africa. They will receive your application and visa fee and then send it to INZ office in New Zealand Embassy.

Note that you can work for 20 hours while the school is on and for unlimited hours during school holidays.

Please do not use fake documents because it will result to a ban. You might not even be aware of your ban. They will only say things like " you intend to deceive Immigration New Zealand and that you are not a genuine applicant. A ban from INZ means you cannot get Australian visa too. it might even affect your UK visa if you apply in any of those countries as they share Immigration information. So DO NOT USE AN AGENT.
Read about other people's cases in online forums and do it yourself.

This will be part of your first step to getting into New Zealand. For your proper work visa and residency, it will be another story when you get here.

Do note if you commit any crimes while in New Zealand and you get convicted for more than 3 months you will get deported. New Zealand is very strict with their laws."

Hello, Please for someone living outside of Nigeria for the past 8 years, how can we get police clearance from Nigeria,�
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by biam4real: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
serex6:

Hello, Please for someone living outside of Nigeria for the past 8 years, how can we get police clearance from Nigeria,�

Go to the police headquarters of any state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.