Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? (6231 Views)

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by tope3x(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Many people, whether they are religious or not, know the story of Adam and Eve. According to the Bible, God created Adam out of the dirt of the earth that He had made. When Adam grew lonely, God plucked a rib from Adam's body, and from this rib he created a companion for the first man: Eve.

What most people don't know is that Eve might not have been the first woman made by God. Before God created Eve, he made another woman, also for the purpose of serving as Adam's friend and companion. This woman was created out of dirt, like Adam had been. Her name was Lilith.

Lilith is not mentioned in the Bible, but is most likely a "legend" that was passed down orally before the Bible was ever written down.

Because of the way Lilith was born, she wanted to be just like Adam. They were both created in the same manner, so Lilith demanded to be Adam's equal, and to be treated this way. She refused to be regarded as a lower being than Adam, and was disobedient to him. Why should she obey her equal?

One day Adam came to God and told Him that his wife Lilith had vanished. God sent angels to seek her out and bring her back, When the angels found Lilith, they ordered her to come back or be punished. Lilith refused, saying that she'd rather suffer punishment than go back to Adam (sounds like a typical modern couple). She supposedly had 100 children a day with demons.

Lilith became a creature of the night. She goes around at night injuring children - she is said to harm boys on the first night of their life, and girls for the first 12 years. Some say that Lilith and her demon daughters are responsible for nocturnal emissions. To ward her off, children wore an amulet with the angels on it, to keep them safe.

In a way, Lilith was the first feminist to ever walk the earth. We are all made of the same dirt and flesh, she told the world, and therefore we are all equal. Perhaps knowing of Lilith it becomes easier to forgive Eve for her sin that led to humanity's fall from Eden - she was an obedient and inferior being. Meanwhile, Lilith escaped from such a life by any means possible, sacrificing paradise and living in darkness, just to escape from oppression.

And yet, despite her strength and steadfastness, we hear nothing of Lilith, but know the name of Eve. Perhaps we all have a thing of two to learn from Lilith.

http://voices.yahoo.com/woman-eve-story-lilith-530142.html
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by flolancracker: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lilith was also †he first vampire. Lool. Fΰcking myth bruv.......
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by tope3x(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
i was surprised when i heard and read it
flolancracker: Lilith was also †he first vampire. Lool. Fΰcking myth bruv.......
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by lilmax(m): 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
what is this?
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
wheither lilith or liqCLIT, we are here, we are here.
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Story story
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by chiketee(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Too much true blood undecided

1 Like

Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Tolexander: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lilith became a creature of the
night. She goes around at
night injuring children - she is
said to harm boys on the first
night of their life, and girls for
the first 12 years. Some say
that Lilith and her demon
daughters are responsible for
nocturnal emissions.
is lilith the same as incubus and succubus?
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
oh shut the fvck up! someone went to watch 'evil angel' and now is referencing rubbish. mchew
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Beetwo(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
shocked
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by pxjosh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Wow. This will make a good script for superstory. Pls contact Wale Adenuga. Frm what i understand here, it meant Adam and Lilith had knowledge before eve came to act her part. That contradict the bible. Lilith or no lilith it dosen't change Oga Seun frm goin to heaven (maybe)
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by GeneralJ(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Osgilliat(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Maybe adam too dey f..u...c,,, k lilith...mttssswww
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by scottpirlo24: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
pxjosh: Wow. This will make a good script for superstory. Pls contact Wale Adenuga. Frm what i understand here, it meant Adam and Lilith had knowledge before eve came to act her part. That contradict the bible. Lilith or no lilith it dosen't change Oga Seun frm goin to heaven (maybe)

mr man shut up and learn cos no matter how you see it, the guy who wrote this has gone far in the study of kabbalah that is the Jewish mystical literature that you will never reach in your life time......... listen and learn
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Bravo. Fit for a science fiction movie
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by mascot87(m): 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
scottpirlo24:

mr man shut up and learn cos no matter how you see it, the guy who wrote this has gone far in the study of kabbalah that is the Jewish mystical literature that you will never reach in your life time......... listen and learn
Dont be too dumb to believe that crap.

HURRY!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY 1000TH COMMENT ON NAIRALAND. cool
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Airforce1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Wetin concern me

#walks out of thread*
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by cbliss(m): 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tales by moonlight !
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Chanchit: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hmmm, just coming back from google. I've read many versions of this "lilith" story, I think it might be true, cos if God gave Adam spe rm when he created him, then he would definately have provided him where to release it to, that could also be the reason why the world became so populated, ahan, 100 children per day.
And if Lilith could become immortal, why not Adam too, or dose it means it pays to be rebellious, cos rebels strikes deals with God, just like they now do with goverments.
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by davidmani(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
pele o
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Chanchit: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
I have a question that I want God to give me an answer to in my dreams tonight.

God, pls, have YOU really being able to control all the things you have created.

Anybody that God has sent too can also help me out with this question.
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by kelvinlink: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
lol. U all believed the Adam and Eve story simply because it was recorded thousands of years ago and dismissed this other myth because it is just been spread...! Why was Eve created from a man's rib.....lol?? Ancient Masculine single sided narrative stories...! Anyone who still have d age old perspective of women been the "Weaker Sex" obviously is a LEARNER!!

#Lastly anyone interested should take d time out to google the book of Enoch and read it. You might just learn a whole new story.
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Onyegecha(f): 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Jews have taken the world hostage by being smart enough to popularize their own creation myths and their cultural tenets before most other people realized the importance of writing. Adam, Eve and Lilith are all fictional characters. Unfortunately, because of the way it was packaged and introduced to us as unquestionable truth, most people still take the Genesis creation story as incontrovertible truth.
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by ZACHIE: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tolexander: is lilith the same as incubus and succubus?
i doubt.
those are not primordial.
they're lesser sex and sexual daemons
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
chiketee: Too much true blood undecided
LOOOL
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lay off weed OP. Smoke cigarettes instead
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by dplomaticVal: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
lil max: what is this?

tales by moonlight undecided
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lay off weed dude. Smoke cigarettes instead
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by mancheeutd(m): 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chei naija I hail thee so lolly abi na lilly be that fine chick name wey adamu purshue for garden hmmm I see
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by Lolitua(f): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Watch n pray...less u fall in2 temptation...
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by stormkiid: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ahan!!!......awon vampire diaries abi clash of titans
Re: Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth? by tjfulloption(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
angry chai!!! some people can such be irritating,
lillith ko, klikiti ki, noncense angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

To The Atheist In The House. / The Abner Lesson / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.