Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally (14118 Views)

FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by OneOpinion: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
vladimiros:

why was morsi taken out?

there was a protest for one week by anti-morsi factions which are a majority

THIS WAS ON CNNA DN AL JAZEERA.. watch your news..

muslim Brotherhood did not even win 65% of the election for house, and there supporters are the main ones crying

and secondly, the Egyptians who started the movement to remove Morsi, are Muslims and said they want a pro-liberal muslim Egypt..

It was all in News, watch it

western propagated media...
When America their godfather did not deem it fit to call it a coup.... who is their father,i repeat who is their father to say oyherwise

And you think you can base your decisions on their propaganda....Your decisions will forever remain INVALID as long as the decision making process remains FAULTY
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by OneOpinion: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Poor Me,Yet to show my support for my good muslimfolks in Egypt.Allah in his infinite mercy will see you through the hard times.Hold firm ye grip to ye LORD..... "verily behind every travail,there comes relief."

RABAA SIGN FOR YE ALL.

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Sanandreas10(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
devigblegble: So my friend was right, most religious people have lost 99% of their common sense,

So, you are lieing to me all this Days,,,
You are not religious?
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

I must report this?
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Bros take 1 billion likes, I bet she either rely on cctv news or nta for international news, as clearly lies are contained in what she wrote, like I said the people protesting in nigeria have the democratic rights to do so, anybody complaining on them doing so simply requires education on what democracy is about, within a week 100s if not thousands have lost their lives to a military coup which is nothing more than a cliche of men protecting their interest in egypt, 20 - 40 percent of the egyptian economy is controlled by the military! My point remains those nigerians protesting have their rights to protest, u not liking is also your right but resorting to insults and condemnation clearly show that a lot of people in this country need to learn to tolerate the rights of others!

See this sharia terrorist talking about rights.......

Yes, the US pallying with the military and anti-morsi brigade for its own gain. No doubt. What happened is normally termed a coup.

This doesnt change two facts

1) Morsi was an islamist looking to push sharia and conservative islam on Egypt. He only wanted democracy to get into power. Sharia and modern democracy can not coexist.

2) Campaigning for Egyptian politics is the last thing any Nigerian should do. We have numerous issues to face and campaign for here in Nigeria. It is of the highest foolishness for a state that is ravaged by poverty, illiteracy and insecurity to be campaigning for another country’s ex-president. Seems the foriegn mmah is more important to muslim nigerians than thrir own suffering citizens

Since we are talking about rights (you mentioned that it is the nsija protesters right to protest for Morsi)

-sensible nigerians also have the rights to tell them that their protest is silly. Freedom of speech
-according to your sharia, muslim women cant marry non muslims. That is denying the right of freedom of association
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by grandstar(m): 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
majority of those opposing morsi are muslims! his reckless power grab did him in. not only that he tried to introduce economic austerity measures though necessary was the final straw. even mobarak shied from this. the suffering was already too much!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by tunwe(m): 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
These and many other reasons Is important that the south should get their acts together. The igbo , yoruba disconnect Is forever opportunity for these vultures from the north to pick naija carcass clean. Is very evidence, that these people has no
love for nigeria. Their loyalty Is only to their imaginary muslin (islamic) brotherhood or nation. Most of their fake naijaness have already been pointed out. If they had monstered half the efforts they exudes now to fully unite their communities against bokoharam, BH would have been history, but they hadn't and won't, becos deep down in their hearts BH are doing the right thing. These people wants and need to have their own islamic country yesterday, today ,tomorrow and forever. Anything short of that, we are forever embrace in an unending disharmony. The yorubas, and igbo need to look forward and stop fighting about yesterday's issues. Igbos need to know their limits, and stop stepping on others toes. If, We southerners can get our acts together there will be no chance for these hypocrites, religion zealots, to hold nigeria politically hostage again.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, the US pallying with the military and anti-morsi brigade for its own gain. No doubt. What happened is normally termed a coup.

1) Morsi was an islamist looking to push sharia and conservative islam on Egypt. He only wanted democracy to get into power. Sharia and modern democracy can not coexist.

2) Campaigning for Egyptian politics is the last thing any Nigerian should do. We have numerous issues to face and campaign for here in Nigeria. It is of the highest foolishness for a state that is ravaged by poverty, illiteracy and insecurity to be campaigning for another country’s ex-president. Seems the foriegn mmah is more important to muslim nigerians than thrir own suffering citizens

Since we are talking about rights (you mentioned that it is the nsija protesters right to protest for Morsi)

-sensible nigerians also have the rights to tell them that their protest is silly. Freedom of speech
-according to your sharia, muslim women cant marry non muslims. That is denying the right of freedom of association

Since your parents have failed to give u adequate training I am going to leave your rant unanswered!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by OneOpinion: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

No ones says there isnt critical national issues to contend with...
Which one of them ve you protested for,most ve ye ve not even spoken against the ills bedevilling our dear nigeria,and you what others to go protest for them.....Let me ask are you a Nigerian in the diaspora or what

And then you are quick to badmouth some peeps for protesting for what they seem to be dissatified with...... come on bro,i mean,it totally uncalled for as long as it doesnt infringe on your right.

Take iy easy bro.... U beginning to get Highly Hippocratic bout this...u dont need it...believe me you dont
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
tunwe: These and many other reasons Is important that the south should get their acts together. The igbo , yoruba disconnect Is forever opportunity for these vultures from the north to pick naija carcass clean. Is very evidence, that these people has no
love for nigeria. Their loyalty Is only to their imaginary muslin (islamic) brotherhood or nation. Most of their fake naijaness hanve already been pointed out. If they had or can monster half the efforts they exuldes now to rally the community against bokoharam. BH would have been history, but they hadn't? and won't, becos deep down in their hearts BH are doing the right thing. These people wants and need to have their own islamic country yesterday, today and tomorrow. Anything shortof that We are embrace for unending disharmony. The yorubas, and igbo need to look forward and stop fighting about yesterday's issues. Igbos need to know their limits, and stop stepping on others toes. If, We southerners can get our acts together there be no chance for these hypocrites, religion zarlots to hold US hostage again.

Lol, pls do unite this sort of behavior of calling people names is not new! Unfortunately for you history and current happenings continue to show those who continue to clamour for nigeria division etc!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
OneOpinion:

Which one of them ve you protested for,most ve ye ve not even spoken against the ills bedevilling our dear nigeria,and you what others to go protest for them.....Let me ask are you a Nigerian in the diaspora or what

And then you are quick to badmouth some peeps for protesting for what they seem to be dissatified with...... come on bro,i mean,it totally uncalled for as long as it doesnt infringe on your right.

Take iy easy bro.... U beginning to get Highly Hippocratic bout this...u dont need it...believe me you dont

Freedom of speech is alien to conservative muslims

Just as those nigerians have the rights to protest for Morsi, i have the right to tell them that they are silly and that they should better protest against poverty, corruption and illiteracy that plague their own society rather than focusing on another country
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Since your parents have failed to give u adequate training I am going to leave your rant unanswered!

It is islamic to abuse a person’s parents when the person has destroyed your talking points

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by true2god: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Logicboy is vry right. I expected u to counter his argument and not to take it personal with him.

The world has to move on to civility and not the 7th century muhammedic laws which had plaqued the arab world for years. The world cant continue with barbaric laws devoid of logical reasonings. I like wat the military did, the whole civilized world support the military and the saudis too.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by OneOpinion: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

As regards your 2nd question as to women marriage or no marriage.Heres my response

Clarity First:both men and women cant not just women.

You see bro,this part of the curses the west has brought upon us
U ve taken it too far by mentioning nigerian constitution...leys that from our cherished homes.....will you take a man or woman who is not of same religious belief as you home to your parents and they will embrace such persons....why not say your parents are denying of your rights
And am damn sure parents most time know whats right and best for their kids than legislators who knows notin bout u but enacted the law u wish to live by
In short such marriages are done outside the consent of the parents

The BIQ QUESTION goes thus: If you 100% sure that what you do is what will make you enter heaven...why on earth will you want to spend the rest of yoir life with someone whose aferlife is doomed...it makes no sense

You might move to convert such a person,thats if you can....no one can tell what the future holds.

If you ask me...I d say u shud first of all convert urselves and then afterwards proceed 4 marriage not the other way round.
when i hear chris.... hooking mumsl.....,i get infuriated cos thats not love but cruel Hatred.Its goes to show their non comprehendability of what the institution of marriage is.... its a union of total like terms.

Am not a fan of religious critism cos am an advocate of peaceful coexistence.....so am not criticising ur religion but you yourself thatve failed to know that ur religion doesnt permit you also to marry from other faith.Cos if u had known u wont take succour in the constitution over ur holy book.
Now it will be the case of your religion and parents denying you #illusionists
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by OneOpinion: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Freedom of speech is alien to conservative muslims

Just as those nigerians have the rights to protest for Morsi, i have the right to tell them that they are silly and that they should better protest against poverty, corruption and illiteracy that plague their own society rather than focusing on another country

still making the same mistake...
you think its all bout talking in the name of freedom...no its not
U are addressing your moral justification for doing such.....
ve u done what you are asking yhem to do.....if u ve not then am afraid...there is a serious matter on ground
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is islamic to abuse a person’s parents when the person has destroyed your talking points

So your parents trained you to insult people? How atheistic!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
OneOpinion:

As regards your 2nd question as to women marriage or no marriage.Heres my response

Clarity First:both men and women cant not just women.

You see bro,this part of the curses the west has brought upon us
U ve taken it too far by mentioning nigerian constitution...leys that from our cherished homes.....will you take a man or woman who is not of same religious belief as you home to your parents and they will embrace such persons....why not say your parents are denying of your rights
And am damn sure parents most time know whats right and best for their kids than legislators who knows notin bout u but enacted the law u wish to live by
In short such marriages are done outside the consent of the parents

The BIQ QUESTION goes thus: If you 100% sure that what you do is what will make you enter heaven...why on earth will you want to spend the rest of yoir life with someone whose aferlife is doomed...it makes no sense

You might move to convert such a person,thats if you can....no one can tell what the future holds.

If you ask me...I d say u shud first of all convert urselves and then afterwards proceed 4 marriage not the other way round.
when i hear chris.... hooking mumsl.....,i get infuriated cos thats not love but cruel Hatred.Its goes to show their non comprehendability of what the institution of marriage is.... its a union of total like terms.

Am not a fan of religious critism cos am an advocate of peaceful coexistence.....so am not criticising ur religion but you yourself thatve failed to know that ur religion doesnt permit you also to marry from other faith.Cos if u had known u wont take succour in the constitution over ur holy book.
Now it will be the case of your religion and parents denying you #illusionists

Haha......i dont follow any religion.....

Alhamdulilah...I am an atheist.

Just so you know, i had a muslim girlfriend......
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

So your parents trained you to insult people? How atheistic!

Keep insulting my parents because you cant handle the truth of my previous posts. You are a shining example of a good muslim
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
OneOpinion:

still making the same mistake...
you think its all bout talking in the name of freedom...no its not
U are addressing your moral justification for doing such.....
ve u done what you are asking yhem to do.....if u ve not then am afraid...there is a serious matter on ground

I dont have to protest just so that I can have the moral right to tell people that they are protesting for a misplaced priority.

Please think through your argument
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
true2god: Logicboy is vry right. I expected u to counter his argument and not to take it personal with him.

The world has to move on to civility and not the 7th century muhammedic laws which had plaqued the arab world for years. The world cant continue with barbaric laws devoid of logical reasonings. I like wat the military did, the whole civilized world support the military and the saudis too.

If we don't train "logic"boy who will? The fact that he has persisted in thinking that insulting people makes his case rock solid requires we begin to tell him such behavior are not acceptable in civil and sensible places, I would not dignify such behavior that reflects poor parentage!

As for the civilized world, hear what they are actually saying;

www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/32216/

www.spiegel.de/international/world/egyptian-army-clears-muslim-brotherhood-protest-camps-in-cairo-a-916556.html

Egypt vice president because of the cruelty of the military resigned

www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/14/egypt-clear-cairo-sitins-live

And even america condemned the military action

worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/15/20033815-obama-condemns-egypt-over-violence-cancels-joint-military-exercise?lite

So I ask again which civilize world are you talking about praise the killing of protesters? As for 7th centuary text, u might ask about Jesus who brought a 0 centuary teachings which I assume you follow, which we can term to be achaic based on age alone using your logic which simply is founded on hating religion, the facts remain if morsi was trying to force sharia which isn't the case, the we have to accept that the 65% of Egyptians who voted yes in the referandum have accepted such, Morsi didn't not draft the constitution, a constituent assembly composed of different interests in egypt drafted the constitution that is fact! And dude everything is not always about religion, as the underlying reason for the protest that ousted morsi was because of the economic condition, shortage of fuel (sabotage by the fulool), cost of bread etc were the chief reasons that brought protesters to the street!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Aarenaija: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
I am sorry to say this. Are these people normal? Your own problem is steering you in the face in you house and you are delving into others problem.

They are fighting in the next house, next street, how does that concern you?
Except you want to take club on your head. Nonsense.
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Aarenaija: I am sorry to say this. Are these people normal? Your own problem is steering you in the face in you house and you are delving into others problem.

They are fighting in the next house, next street, how does that concern you?
Except you want to take club on your head. Nonsense.

But u were totally fine and ok when u posted this right?

Aarenaija: Let her come and see Nigerian beauty in the real sense of it at the computer village only during close hours and not other places.She would realize her short comings easily. This one no fine reach my wife and even my exs laugh. Laxy thing.

Somehow the woman is related to you and u had to just comment on what shouldn't concern you!

Moral of the story; one man garbage is another's diamond!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

But u were totally fine and ok when u posted this right?

Somehow the woman is related to you and u had to just comment on what shouldn't concern you!

Moral of the story; one man garbage is another's diamond!

You went to another thread discussing another matter to prove what point? That the nigerian morsi protesters are not overlooking more relevant and local matters?

This guy, please try to be relevant
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by ehemwhy(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Stupid religous Zealots!Naija problem never do una? ABI?na these kain JTF suppose kill instead of all those innocent civillians at Baga !
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
^
I hope u know inciting violence against protesters is actually wrong by both nl and nigeria law? You guys keep discrediting yourselves, showing clearly that u do not even know what rights are to start with and how violence have become the only acceptable means for defining wrong and right, that is sad, u need to change, those protesting do not I repeat do not owe you or anybody a reason or justification on why they decide to protest, as long as they are not breaking the law, their actions remain their business!
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by AnanseK(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
true2god: Logicboy is vry right. I expected u to counter his argument and not to take it personal with him.

"Civilized World".!! You are already talking like them , your brain is more than washed , you actually have a new programmed brain.

Who is afraid of democracy ?

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
I hope u know inciting violence against protesters is actually wrong by both nl and nigeria law? You guys keep discrediting yourselves, showing clearly that u do not even know what rights are to start with and how violence have become the only acceptable means for defining wrong and right, that is sad, u need to change, those protesting do not I repeat do not owe you or anybody a reason or justification on why they decide to protest, as long as they are not breaking the law, their actions remain their business!

lol....one person has become "you guys"

When you cant defeat an argument, use one wrong person to associate with your opponent. Guilt by association.

No one asked you to explain and defend the nigerian morsi protesters.

It is their right to protest and it is the right of sensible people to tell them that their protest is full of misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by vedaxcool(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
AnanseK:

"Civilized World".!! You are already talking like them , your brain is more than washed , you actually have a new programmed brain.

Who is afraid of democracy ?

Lol grin
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Easy1401(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2013
Bunch of useless and jobless people what is their own business with Morsi's Egypt their orientation is too low that is why they are laging behind compare with other region in Nigeria. Their eyes is still ''DARK''
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by Caseless: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2013
Gboliwe: They should be watched closely. Next we'll hear is they've started attacking christians and burning churches.
i knw u not to b bigotted in reasoning, i take this with an open heart.
How are u?

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by meforyou1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
apacheguy: Why must we always pass comments base on hate & sentiments, the issue is "is the happenings in egypt an acceptable one?, if no, shouldnt ppl hv d right to discourage & show their concern, 2nd, do they not hv d right to protest irrespective of what they feel is wrong?....it is up to them if they misplaced their priority or not but who determines that, U, or NL wt all these biased & half baked knowledge of happenings around the world, ppl wl com ova nl to pour down their ignorance thinkn its wisdom divine, i bliv we need to show solidarity to the oppressed all over the world Nigeria inclusive
is boko haram bombing pilice stations and motor parks in kano right? why should you march for morsi in egypt when you have not marched against boko activities in kano?
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by authenticblack: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
So stupid an individuals, confused set of souls, they did not take to the street because of the striking ASUU lecturers but for Morsi in Egypt
Re: Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally by basilico: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Islam turns many muslims into horribly incorrigible retards that have no hope of ever developing independent thought process. THATS al I have to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans / Herdsmen Crisis: Buhari Will Be A Talkative To Speak On Every Matter – Adesina / We'll Deduct ₦242.53 Billion Fuel Subsidy From FAAC This Month - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.