Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

WRISTWATCH SCANDAL: Nigerian Coach Forces Eagles To Buy Expensive Wristwatch - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WRISTWATCH SCANDAL: Nigerian Coach Forces Eagles To Buy Expensive Wristwatch (683 Views)

Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November / Louis Van Gaal Was Inspired By Nigerian Coach? / Nigerian Coach Stephen Keshi Banned Players From Wearing Earings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WRISTWATCH SCANDAL: Nigerian Coach Forces Eagles To Buy Expensive Wristwatch by Gracedpen: 7:23am On Aug 25, 2013
Hehehe...this one is by-force patronage o...!

Players of the Super Eagles team have come out to complain against one of the coaches of the national team who has been mildly forcing players to buy his expensive wristwatches.

In a statement to Punch, one of the players who spoke on a condition of anonymity clearly stated that the wristwatches were cheap products in Europe, costing between $500 and $1000, only for him to sell it to them at $10000, an amount times ten of the initial price.
SOURCE: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/eagles-forced-purchase-wristwatches.html

If they don't buy the wrist-watch, it is another wahala entirely....The players said they became enemies of the said coach if they refused to buy the wristwatches from him.
Another player based in Europe said; “Before I moved to my present club, I was on an apprentice contract, which means I wasn’t collecting much money but the coach forced me to buy the watch.The same thing happened to me, when I was invited to the senior team. It is not good for the team because a lot of players are grumbling, though they can’t come out and say it.”

An official of the team confirmed the story to the Punch saying, “I have heard about the story before but the Eagles media officer, Ben Alaiya, denied any knowledge of the illegal transactions, saying that if at all it is happening it is a private transaction among those involved.

Hmnn...you go fear marketing strategy na...!

Re: WRISTWATCH SCANDAL: Nigerian Coach Forces Eagles To Buy Expensive Wristwatch by Alikaxon(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2013
That is marketing strategy + market segmentation + marketing mix nd then introduce the 4Ps nd the coach will finally maximize equilibrium using economies of scale aproach because there is no elasticity... The coach must be a perfect economist scholar. Phd. [P'ceto speaks]
Re: WRISTWATCH SCANDAL: Nigerian Coach Forces Eagles To Buy Expensive Wristwatch by nerodenero: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2013
Nigerians are the same everywhere.There is this daily radio programme on Wazobia fm(I think the name of the programme is brekete,not too sure) where it was reported that the wife of a high ranking Police officer(name withheld) was selling Police uniform shoes of low quality at an exorbitant prices to lower ranking Officers.They were compelled to buy or failure to buy,one will face the music.Nigeria I hail o!We really need to change as a nation and as a people.

(1) (Reply)

Roman Abramovic, Daniel Levy & The Seller / . / Ethopia Blame World Cup Referee For Their Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.