Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:56 PM

Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries (580 Views)

Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries / Chinua Achebe's Obituaries - A Compilation / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by georjay(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2013
Says it’s Nsukka’s turn to be gov in 2015
AS he strode to a more relaxing seat from the exalted one where he signs the executive decisions that run Enugu State, Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime set the mood for the interview at the Lion Building, Enugu, his official quarters.

He sat just a metre away. Our feet could have been touching if he did not cross his in a regal posture that he varied as the interview ran. His towering presence made one instantly think of a basketball professional in other climes. He was snug. He seemed to have put aside the trappings of office for the thrills of this encounter.

The handshake was firm, not beyond a clench that could have suggested bellicosity. He was in high spirits, discussing his health with unpractised frankness. “I was amused reading the reports about me, especially the several obituaries,” he said, as he went on talking about his recovery.

A long queue of guests was waiting for him. He was to conclude the day’s business by 4am and was back at work after a few hours’ sleep. It is a routine he maintains. Enugu, the challenges of re-inventing a 101-year-old city, and his joy at the opening of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport radiated as he accounted for his six years in office.
With two years to the end of his administration, Governor Chime talked as if he was writing his handing over notes. He bantered and countered as we talked Enugu politics, the opposition andhis position on 2015 and the race to succeed him.

“It may be interesting to know if those who opposed the building of the mall at Polo Park are not among the regular shoppers,” he joked about the fiery army of opposition, whose voices are drowning in the flood of plaudits over his performance.

A lawyer by training, but a practical politician dedicated to the people, he said the matter of Nsukka (Enugu North) producing the next governor was not a promise, but an agreement that equity and justice support. “It did not have to be written, such things are never written,” he said.

What follows is Governor Chime, mostly in his own words…
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/cancer-saga-i-was-amused-reading-my-obituaries-gov-chime/
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by nerodenero: 8:02am On Aug 25, 2013
Many have died as a result of cancer and I know you are grateful that you survived.I'm happy you made it too.I strongly kick against this rotational ruling as practiced by PDP.This is one of the major causes of the insurgent that we have now.Hausas believes they should have retained power after the death of Musa Yar'adua before the emergent of Uncle Jona.The result is there for all to see.I dont know why the party keeps holding to such.If a zone could provide a credible candidate who can deliver,does it really matter where he originates from?I really dont care who rules as long as their equity, justice, good governance and the dividents of democracy are being felt from the grassroot and all over the nation,it is a yes-yes for me.PDP should stop this madness!!!Again,congratulations Gov.Chime,may you live long,amin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra: Mass Expulsion Looms In PDP, As Party Threatens Withdrawal From Poll / Suntai: Nine Taraba Lawmakers Meet Without Mace / Which Of These Is The Hardest To Find In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.