Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria (22084 Views)

No Try Am !!! Saudi Arabia Warns America. / Russia Warns World Is Fighting A New Cold War / “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
MOSCOW: Military action against the Syrian regime would be a "tragic mistake", Russia said on Sunday, warning the West not to pre-empt the results of a UN probe into alleged deadly chemical attacks.

Moscow warned there was a danger of history repeating itself a decade after the US-led invasion of Iraq, which it opposed, and urged the United States to refrain from any reckless decision.

"We strongly urge those who, by attempting to impose their own results on the UN experts, are raising the possibility of a military operation in Syria to use their common sense and refrain from committing a tragic mistake," foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement.

"All this is reminiscent of events from a decade ago, when the United States bypassed the UN and used fallacious information on the presence in Iraq of weapons of mass destruction to launch an adventure, the consequences of which are known to all," he said.

The United States and Britain led the military invasion of Iraq that toppled long-time dictator Saddam Hussein in 2003.

A UN mission had failed to find any of the weapons of mass destructions Saddam was suspected of possessing but the Iraqi strongman was known to have repeatedly used chemical weapons.

The United Nations said on Sunday its inspectors in Syria could begin work as early as Monday, after Damascus agreed to the probe Sunday during a visit by top UN official Angela Kane.

Doctors Without Borders has said 355 people died last week of "neurotoxic" symptoms, after the opposition claimed regime forces unleashed chemicals east and southwest of Damascus last Wednesday causing more than 1,300 deaths.

The regime has denied the charges and in turn accused the rebels of using chemical arms.

Russia took credit for the deal allowing the UN inspectors to begin their work, saying it was the result of "relentless efforts" by Moscow with the Syrian regime.

"We are satisfied with the Syrian leadership's constructive approach towards ensuring an effective cooperation with the UN mission," the spokesman said.

Washington, which has said that evidence President Bashar al-Assad's regime used chemical weapons would cross a red line and warrant tougher action, said the Syrian offer was "too late to be credible".

Officials said US President Barack Obama, who held crisis talks on Saturday with top aides, would make an "informed decision" about how to respond to an "indiscriminate" chemical weapons attack.

One official told AFP that based on the reported number of victims and their symptoms, and US and foreign intelligence, "there is very little doubt at this point that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in this incident."

Russia -- which together with Iran and China has supported Assad throughout the 29-month-old Syrian crisis -- urged the rebel camp to guarantee the safety of the UN team lead by professor Aake Sellstroem.

"It is important that the armed opposition controlling part of Eastern Ghouta ensure that the UN mission is able to operate safely and refrain from the kind of armed provocation witnessed against UN observers last summer," Lukashevich said.

Opposition le
aders already said on Friday that UN inspectors would have "unfettered" access to areas under rebel control such as Eastern Ghouta on the outskirts of Damascus to investigate the use of chemical weapons.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/moscow-warns-us-against/790122.html?
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
We hope Obama will not yield to Blood suckers like Mcain, Mr. Bomb it

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by taiocol: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
very soom usa go be history, dis one wen, iran, isreal and russia deh warn. I fear for usa

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Andrew3(m): 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
And you think defeating America is such an infinitesimal. Obama knows the russians would
come in so chill. in as much as I dont support them, they aint gods.
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Tuntheycr7: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
Finger crossed.
Obama how far?
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by malele(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
taiocol: very soom usa go be history, dis one wen, iran, isreal and russia deh warn. I fear for usa
And u think the world will be safer without america.

20 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by dasparrow: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
malele:

YES!

30 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Confusionist(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
malele:
dude, are u confused?

Did u think America is the defender of the universe?

Dude, america is the cause of many crisis in the world today!!!

36 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by malele(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
Confusionist: dude, are u confused?

Pls name these crisis.

11 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by malele(m): 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
dasparrow:

YES!

So hitler that attacked russians and captured some countries was caused by america.
The crisis in egypt was caused by america
The problem in syria was caused by america,
Iran that is threaten isreal is also caused by america
If there is crisis in ur country come 2015, u will still point america.

if u don't know,if not for america most countries wont be existing by now

34 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
malele:

So hitler that attacked russians and captured some countries was caused by america.
The crisis in egypt was caused by america
The problem in syria was caused by america,
Iran that is threaten isreal is also caused by america
If there is crisis in ur country come 2015, u will still point america.

if u don't know,if not for america most countries wont be existing by now
this one have already been brain-stuffed with western propaganda

35 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
I wept profusely today when i was watching Al jazeera, seeing the dead and dying children, women and men killed by the poisonous chemical gas .It was so horrible....... cry

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Confusionist: dude, are u confused?

Including BOKO HARAM. cry

8 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
berem: I wept profusely today when i was watching Al jazeera, seeing the dead and dying children, women and men killed by the poisonous chemical gas .It was so horrible....... cry
Na so we see am
Only a f.o.ol will not know this was sponsored by the Saudi Arabia sponsored terrorist/FSA

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by hunter21(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
no play play 4 moscow
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
seanet02:
Na so we see am
Only a f.o.ol will not know this was sponsored by the Saudi Arabia sponsored terrorist/FSA
..and probably they did it to attract U.S intervention right?
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
The chemical attack on Syrians is despicable, and unfortunate. The perpetrators of this act shall never know peace.
Having said that, I seriously doubt that Al-Assad is that crazy as to launch chemical weapons against his own folks. This could be the work of 5th columnists in the Syrian govt or military.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Demdem(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Russia can't do anything to stop US if they want to go in. Both Assad and the rebels are guilty of war crimes so whatever.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by malele(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
berem: Including BOKO HARAM. cry

Thanks bro
leave this people,without america the kind os atrocities people will be committing will be unimaginable. Because nobody will be there to check them.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2013
This situation is too complex...it is easy to try to paint ASsad as the devil but I doubt he would be foolish enough to authorize chemical attacks on the citizenry knowing that it could lead to a western assault, I believe certain elements in his govt working with the rebels may have spearheaded the attack to induce a western invasion, Assad's no saint but if he was so unpopular like the others, he would have been toppled since, The US should realise that the Russians have warships orbiting syria and a US attack could trigger a 'coldd war' scenario

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 12:09am On Aug 26, 2013
berem: ..and probably they did it to attract U.S intervention right?
Gbabe
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 12:11am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem: Russia can't do anything to stop US if they want to go in. Both Assad and the rebels are guilty of war crimes so whatever.
Russia can do anything..
You need to see how Russia kick Georgia a.z...z when America was propping them...
Russian Military don't take prisoners.
They kill them

4 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by seanet02: 12:12am On Aug 26, 2013
CFCfan: The chemical attack on Syrians is despicable, and unfortunate. The perpetrators of this act shall never know peace.
Having said that, I seriously doubt that Al-Assad is that crazy as to launch chemical weapons against his own folks. This could be the work of [s]5th columnists in the Syrian govt or military[/s].
Saudi Funded Terrorist are behind this

7 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Demdem(m): 12:38am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
Russia can do anything..
You need to see how Russia kick Georgia a.z...z when America was propping them...
They kill them

They can do whatever but do they have what it takes as at today to upstage the US. This I seriously doubt. what interest does America really have in Georgia? Doubt if there was any serious proping from them.
However, the allies of America in the Middle east that includes Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey etc want Assad gone. I doubt if America will go alone, they may probably push NATO into it and that is an alliance Russia still don't have a solution for. China will just continue to look like Zombie.

8 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Demdem(m): 12:41am On Aug 26, 2013
CFCfan: The chemical attack on Syrians is despicable, and unfortunate. The perpetrators of this act shall never know peace.
Having said that, I seriously doubt that Al-Assad is that crazy as to launch chemical weapons against his own folks. This could be the work of 5th columnists in the Syrian govt or military.

Nothing is impossible from the kind of leaders like Assad and the ruling class who desire to remain in power by any means possible.
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

They can do whatever but do they have what it takes as at today to upstate the US. This I seriously doubt. what interest does America really have in Georgia? Doubt if there was any serious proping from them.
However, the allies of America in the Middle east that includes Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey etc want Assad gone. I doubt if America will go alone, they may probably push NATO into it and that is an alliance Russia still don't have a solution for. China will just continue to look like Zombie.
I guess I see your point now....
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Demdem(m): 1:03am On Aug 26, 2013
emk4lif:
I guess I see your point now....

It's unfortunate. With or without Assad, killings will continue. His greed to force himself Ib his people to me is the root cause. Surely he must go. I forsee a very bleak future for this country.
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by fr3do(m): 4:16am On Aug 26, 2013
Imagine earth with russia as world power.
Omo it wont be funny.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by malele(m): 5:10am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
Russia can do anything..
They kill them

And you think georgia military is the same with
USA military

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by bookface: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

They can do whatever but do they have what it takes as at today to upstate the US. This I seriously doubt. what interest does America really have in Georgia? Doubt if there was any serious proping from them.
You forgot to include Iran? I thought Iran was in support of Assad too. I fear this might lead to a full blown war. cry
Re: Russia Warns America Over Interference In Syria by taiocol: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2013
malele:
usa ar the ones making it unsafe

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biden Grants Pardon For All Federal Convictions Of Simple Possession Of Marijuan / Israeli Special Forces Raid Nasser Hospital In Gaza / Robert Mugabe Is Sick, Flown To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.