Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards (1321 Views)

Kogi Polls: Ajetachi Community Under Fire,wada Blurted Out, Wife's Name Missing / PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit / PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by nobody2: 9:39am On May 31, 2006
Obj's List Of Sports Awards, No Orji. Why?

Obj honours sports men in Abuja. could there be a list without Orji Uzor Kalu in the sports history of our time?
i think, it is a very good joke or what do you think about a man that has made nigeria proud through his state club Enyimba by breaking a jinx.

Does it have anything to do with his company (Slok) or his presidential ambition? I think the list is incomplete or what do you think?
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by Seun(m): 9:53am On May 31, 2006
Can you give us the source of this story? I'm not aware of any presidential sports awards.
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by Akolawole(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2006
Why must Kalu name be there?

And Gbenga Daniels is not there. Why the noise?

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/may/30/473.html
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by Seun(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2006
@akolawole: thanks for sharing the source.

Names on the list:
- Austin Okocha
- Mary Onyali
- Nwankwo Kanu
- Falilat Ogunkoya
- Violet Odogwu-Nwajei
- Armelia Okpalaoka
- Chioma Ajunwa
- Peter Odili
- Bukar Ibrahim
- Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas,
- Sunday Dankaro
- Alhaji Babayo Shehu
- Brig. Gen Samuel Ogbemudia (rtd)
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by nobody2: 3:23pm On May 31, 2006
Akolowe,
how many times does a man kill lion in your place before he becomes a lion killer?
what would a man do before he obtain such honour?
caf cup was won for the first time by a nigerian club side for two striaght times and you think a man that cordinated that is not entitle to a honour?
by the way, this site is mearnt for people to share their minds with others and not people to insult others.
what is noise about what i felt and decided to share with members.
please be cultured and remember only to say what you feel about any particular topic and not insulting senders
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by stanech: 5:04pm On May 31, 2006
That's to tell you how much Obj honours people who does the right thing Kalu. How can he receive an award because he won the African caf cup . the guy is a thief and if u look at the way the award was giving it was given to people who acheived both in sports and other aspect of governance
Re: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Presidential Sports Awards by TayoD(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2006
I think you give honour to whom it is due, even if it is a thief. Kalu may not be everey other thing that is good, but when it comes to sports administration, he has proven his mettle. I think he should be on that list. I don't know what Peter odili has done to merit the honour ahead of Kalu. This is not about governance, it is about sports. Makes you wonder how they short list for other national awards too.

(1) (Reply)

Anti-corruption Group Removes Nigeria From List Of Non-cooperative Countries / Nato's War Game Near Africa: Are Africans Seeing The Danger Looming? / If I Was The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.