Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

A different View on COZA Sex Scandal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A different View on COZA Sex Scandal (33798 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by therealMcCain: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2013
Please read the entire write up before you crucify me….
I will cite examples from scriptures to backup what I have to say

Numbers 12:1-10
1. When Moses married an Cushite woman, it was against the law and possible penalty was expulsion from the camp of Israelites(They weren’t suppose to marry outside the tribe of israel).

In Vs 1-2
And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married; for he had married a Cushite woman.
And they said, Hath Jehovah indeed spoken only with Moses? hath he not spoken also with us? And Jehovah heard it

In Vs 4-9
God came into the matter, the issue was no longer Moses breaking the law, but what gave Aaron & Miriam the right to talk in the matter(don’t forget Miriam was a prophetess and Aaron a high priest)

In Vs 10
Miriam was struck with leprosy and it took the same Moses(who had done a wrong thing to intercede on her behalf)

1 Samuel 1:13

And this man went up out of his city from year to year to worship and to sacrifice unto Jehovah of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, priests unto Jehovah, were there.

1 Samuel 2:12-17
Vs 12 Now the sons of Eli were base men; they knew not Jehovah
Vs 17 And the sin of the young men was very great before Jehovah; for the men despised the offering of Jehovah

1 Samuel 2:22(notice the very thing that the pastor is being accused of is what the sons of eli did)
Now Eli was very old; and he heard all that his sons did unto all Israel, and how that they lay with the women that did service at the door of the tent of meeting.

1 samuel 2:27-34
God comes into the matter and declares their end

1 samuel 4:11
And the ark of God was taken; and the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, were slain.

2 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by therealMcCain: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
From all scriptures you find that God has a way of dealing with his people and servants, it is not in our place to pass judgement on them. Leave the church leaders to the God that called them
This doesn’t mean that they cant be scolded or disciplined. There is grounds for that but it has to be done by someone who has that authority. For example, In a church if a deacon does something wrong, the pastor is there to correct that one. If it’s a senior pastor, the General overseer can do that.

But if it’s the G.O that’s does something wrong, fellow G.O’s from other ministry can do that or organizations like CAN & PFN can come in.

If he/she refuses such, you then leave them to God. It will be wrong for a member to do the scolding or disciplining. Miraims case will buttress my point

How many of you will come back from work to find out that your child has been mercilessly beaten by the maiguard or househelp, will you be happy?? Regardless of what your child has done, you feel its your right as a parent to do the disciplining!! (am not talking about a maid spanking your kid or asking him/her to kneel)

Same with God!!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by therealMcCain: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Someone says this is all old testament, lets delve in into the new testament
Acts 23:1-5

Vs 2
The high priest commanded Paul to be slapped

Vs 3
Paul cursed them
Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: and sittest thou to judge me according to the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law

Vs 4-5
And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
And Paul said, I knew not, brethren, that he was high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of a ruler of thy people

He was informed that, that was the high priest and paul apologized

Whether paul was right or wrong was no longer the issue but that he spoke against the high priest. Don’t you think that paul had every right to claim his grounds considering the fact that what he was saying was the correct thing

Finally the big one
Matthew 23:2-3
saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses seat:
all things therefore whatsoever they bid you, these do and observe: but do not ye after their works for they say, and do not.;

In essence do what I say and not what I do. From this you find out that nobody has an excuse for not receiving salvation or going to church. JESUS says so long as you are taught from Gods word, do it and don’t give any excuse that because the pastor is not preaching what he says, so I wont go to church, I wont pray, I wont give, I wont forgive, etc you get the drift

this doesn’t mean you cant switch church when you find out that the doctrines are wrong or that the pastor is not practicing what he preaches.

History is replete with Pastors who stole, raped, committed atrocities some lost their way completely while others bounced back. So leave the judgment for God and don’t get punished for a crime you had no business with

Summary: Go to church, serve God and most importantly know Gods word for yourself, that way you wont easily be swayed or discouraged.

61 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by greedie1(f): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
hmmm
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by nora544: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
that is like it is in nigera but it is not right and it will never be okay in other countries.

I when i know a pastor had something with a girl younger than 14 i should keep my mouth, i should close my eyes,
Pastors are normal people pastors are not god.

Please read the story of this Pasor in UK.

2 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by therealMcCain: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
i'm amazed with 78 views, just 2 comments!!

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by 80million1: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
seriously, i read your piece about 10 times, but i still DON'T get your point. Sorry.

37 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by adora4u1: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Abeg, summarise!
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by joannes7(m): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
well said.
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by myOGAonTOP: 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Leave the sacred things of God for God! I beg all you.
2 samuel 6 : 1 - 7 is a perfect case study of someone who was trying to 'help' God out and stabilise His temple.
An ordained man of will ALWAYS have God's attention no matter what. His sins are only subject to God's judgement and reprimand . No other is allowed to venture into it.
In the case of moses as the OP cited;
1. Miriam was older than moses. She nursed him.
2. She was a prophetess well versed in spiritual matters.
3. She was 'right' in her assessment of the issue. Moses was wrong.
Yet.......i always shy away from such dicey issue because Yaweh is sovereighn and at such no man is qualified to do His duty for Him i.e passing judgement on someone He called to serve. Pls be guided so as not to provoke .......

5 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by sweetgala(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
There is not much to say .. I'm shocked with what the op has written. They have redesigned the "touch not my anointed" message

19 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by marvelling(m): 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
therealMcCain: i'm amazed with 78 views, just 2 comments!!

Lol! Wetin you want make we talk? Its your opinion and it'll be nothing more than that #SHIKENA

2 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Okijajuju1(m): 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
#Tagged!
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by wellmax(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
I disagree! No one is scolding Pst. Biodun. We are just telling him to stop the deceit and repent if truly he has done as hes been accused.
He also owes his followers an explanation or disclaimer. I cannot be a blind follower.

25 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by indoorlove(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Why won't you be amazed when you choose to complicate a simple matter with your boring scripture. What is hard in telling your pastor to either accept or reject the claim that ese walter presented...

12 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Fourcade(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Who wan read bible verses.I just scroll down to comments grin

3 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Enkaynwa(f): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Well said op.
Since he calls himself a man of God, let's leave him & God.

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by onyeguy: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
why should read the entire trade before i comment
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by illuminutty: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2013

God said 'keep quiet'.
You think say na joke?

2 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Blazinraj01(f): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
illuminutty :

God said 'keep quiet'.
You think say na joke?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by mencade5(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
scam of tje century. Yes God will be the judge but are we sure they are called by God. I won't be deceived by these ashawo pastors and thief thief pastors. *grabs a bottle of kunu and biscuits*

2 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Evyuc(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
I finaly made it into the forum. Hello! to people of niraland, can i be welcomed?

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Danjunior(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na God know pass. Just leaving my good life. our actions should still be guided by the scripture

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by ichamentor(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good points you have raised here @op...but you failed to point out that there is one common thing inall these examples you outlined...and that is, there was a general knowledge about what had happened..that is, people knew the truth...Mariam and Aaron and the Israelites knew what Moses had done...it was open and there was no attempt to hide it or deny it....So with the other cases you mentioned...So basically, there is a difference here, no matter how little or obscure it may seem

3 Likes

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by solid3(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
can somebody summarize plz
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by 2pmstcharles(m): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
the point is clear. Tanx dear

1 Like

Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by OlowoB(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
. To be honest, I am speechless kind of but all I would just say is let God be d judge
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
#80million:
seriously, i read your piece about 10 times, but i still DON'T get your point. Sorry.
I blv u r not a dullard! U jst wanna gain attention. Okay, granted. The Op said, let God deal with Pastors that commit sin.
Last Bullet:
When u see stories lyk dz COZA scandal & it was checked 2 b true. As a human u ll feel dissapointed by that man of God. How people should also watch & not be misled. God ll judge.
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by 36STATES: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
nothing is secred there. people like you are a waste of space. call a spade a spade and stop this stupidity.
myOGAonTOP: Leave the sacred things of God for God! I beg all you.
2 samuel 6 : 1 - 7 is a perfect case study of someone who was trying to 'help' God out and stabilise His temple.
An ordained man of will ALWAYS have God's attention no matter what. His sins are only subject to God's judgement and reprimand . No other is allowed to venture into it.
In the case of moses as the OP cited;
1. Miriam was older than moses. She nursed him.
2. She was a prophetess well versed in spiritual matters.
3. She was 'right' in her assessment of the issue. Moses was wrong.
Yet.......i always shy away from such dicey issue because Yaweh is sovereighn and at such no man is qualified to do His duty for Him i.e passing judgement on someone He called to serve. Pls be guided so as not to provoke .......
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by Oohrhii(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Simple.. question oh.. the silly pastor say hin dey wait to release comprehensive reply..who needs comprehensive..

We don her the story from Ese.. your own na to say..You mess her or NOT!.

@OP Am sorry oh.. but if i get you right what you are trying to say is to keep worshiping under the fake anointing even when we know its Fake!!

You are pathetic.. Did you even read the bible part that talks about where you sow your seeds? You wan make i dey SOW on Rock.. or amidst thorns?

SMH
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by pastorprosper(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Touch not my annoited and do my prophets no harm. Even if pastor of coza fornicated with ese, if God has forgiven him then any adverse comment made by anyone on the matter amounts to sin. In view of this most nairalanders would not make heaven. * smh*
Re: A different View on COZA Sex Scandal by ladygogo: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
*smh* at this leaving everything to God mentality.Religious nazis! It's so damn nauseating! If Adeboye, yes Adeboye were found to have murdered or slept with your loved one will you leave everything to God and let him judge.? WHy do we have Law courts in the first place if we arent supposed to judge anyone? undecided

We also need to learn how to start airing our opinions without quoting scripture passages. "you know the Bible says" What makes you think the person you are talking to is a christian let alone believes in a supreme being?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames / The Day I Watched A Pastor’s Televised Healing Session(+pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.