Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,338 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria (39408 Views)

Boy With Giant Hand Found Begging On Lagos Street (Graphic Photos) / Meet Hayley Okines, The Briton With An Ageing Disease Called Progeria / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Bigflamie(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
A 14-year-old boy has been left with the body of a 110-year-old in India because he has a rare disease which makes him age eight times faster than normal.

Ali Hussain has seen five of his siblings die from the same condition called Progeria which is known to affect just 80 people worldwide.

Two of his brothers and three of his sisters have died from the disease in Bihar, the poorest state in India.

The rare condition is known to affect only 80 people in the world, but has killed five of his siblings Progeria causes rapid ageing and sufferers of the genetic disease are prone to arthritis, eye problems, heart disease and baldness.

Sufferers are not expected to live much beyond the age of 14 – but despite the grim prognosis Ali has refused to give up hope. “I very much want to live and I hope there is medicine for my condition out there.

I’m not scared of death but my parents have suffered a lot. I’d love to live much longer for them. I don’t want to burden them with any more pain.”

Ali’s parents Nabi Hussain Khan, 50, and Razia, 46, are first cousins and were the product of an arranged marriage 32 years ago.

Their children Rehana, Iqramul, Gudiya and Rubina have all died from Progeria between the ages of 12 and 24.

A fifth child, a boy who died within 24 hours of being born, is also thought to have had the rare condition. Nabia and Razia, who have had eight children in total, do have two healthy daughters – Sanjeeda, 20, who is married with two children of her own.

Their youngest daughter Chanda, 10, also does not have Progeria. When their first daughter, Rehana, was born in 1983 they had no idea anything was wrong at first.

It was only after her second birthday when she couldn’t eat or walk properly did they visit a doctor. But the doctor was baffled and he sent them home with some medicines. Progeria was so rare and poorly documented that most doctors had never heard of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402049/Boy-14-body-110-year-old--watched-siblings-die-rare-disease-afflicts-80-people-world.html

2 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by sunnyt1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
God is great

3 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by NIGHTFOX: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
y is it that weird things always happen in idia or china? there matter done tire me self

3 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by callola: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
shocked holy moses. God, we r in ur hands

1 Like

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Etumgbe(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
eyaa sorry poor boy

1 Like

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Siga: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
And the boy still carry swagger ...

10 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by nickz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Op ,please how long does he have to live?
Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by browneyes7(f): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hmm dz is serz!may God help us. sad
Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by freecocoa(f): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is just sad.sad

Only God's love is greater than a mother's love.

9 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by jossygal(f): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Holy moses, dis world na paw paw mehn......may God deliver us all
Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by coastalqueen: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Go to youtube and check out british's hayley okines. She has the same disease. So so sad sad

1 Like

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by miky(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
sunny t: God is great

Only if you know the muscle, tendon, vertebral pain this boys endures everyday... God I thought doesn't punish people when they are innocent? Only the devil does innit?

But thank god because if he was in Africa he could have been killed or if lucky worshipped as a deity!!!

5 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by PezzoNovante(m): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
The CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BURTON
--who have watched dat film?...tis like dis boys story

3 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by moscobabs(m): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
oluwa ma fi wa dara ti yo pa'wa le'kun oooo.if u like say Amen

14 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by RAYCEtrey: 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
chai what is this

1 Like

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by dplomaticVal: 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
God heal this sick boy for the sake of his indigent parents.biko undecided

3 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Boll2010: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Life is jst funny wished we cld tell what comes next
Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by Crystalline(f): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thank GOD for mothers, no matter how bad the child looks, the mother is always there.

7 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by juman(m): 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
God is The All-Knowing, The Wise.

3 Likes

Re: 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria by amanikondo: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Some Nigerian mothers would have dumped him by the river.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hotness Inside The Body / Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / Soak Alligator Pepper And Bitter Kola In Coconut Water For This Body Body...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.