Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments (29100 Views)

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Coldfaya(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
Efemena_xy: Dear Lord,

Pls, pls, pls, help me to be the ever kind, understanding and loving mum to my kids! Sheath my tongue whenever I get angry.

Amen.

(Sigh), this is such a painful story... sad

Not just ur kids but everyone u meet.its better to keep mute than say d wrong words to people. U never know their state of mind wen u use some derogatory words.

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

You can't tell me how to use my words... Nah ... Even in the real world nobody tells me what to do.

now I have a problem with this ;

AND

Hypocrytic Enough to call you and some others Hypocrites ??

I am confused, I simply wrote that I believe that children should be raised to see that its okay not to be perfect. No one is, its okay for them to see reality and that its okay to have imperfections. I am trying to understand, sorry I may be a little slow on that.
My point was life is more than perfect hair, perfect cars and perfect homes, I feel in my opinion that children should be taught self confidence and not confidence in items and material possesion.

Thank you for bringing out the post you disagree with me on, as you can see this was more productive than the name calling.

5 Likes

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by owolabifunke14(f): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
That's mothers for you. If you miss church in my house,my mother would scream your name as if you are the devil on earth. Poor kemi.

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Sweetlemon(f): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
This is the chief cause of low-self esteem and bitterness most people have
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by AreaFada2: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
A lot of young and so-called educated women on this forum are far worse than mummy Kemi.
They swear at the slightest provocation at unknown people, most times at people old enough to be their dad, mum, auntie or uncle.

They know themselves.
Naija is a very abusive and oppressive society. See how people deal with housemaid or how bosses deal with employees.

5 Likes

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Heyliesha(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
Stupid gurl
....forming white.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by DonaldGenes(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
ok
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by greatgod2012(f): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
Rest in peace to the poor lady.
May her soul rest in peace.

As for parents, this is a big lesson for all of us.

If we cant, as parents confess good tings on our children when they offend us, i wonder what we will confess on strangers when they offends us.
May God help all of us.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Greatken007(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
ordinary grounded wood charcoal would av revived her....abi the destructive distillation wen una read frm chemistry no dey enough ne?charcoal have the ability to absorb poison, ABABIO TEXT BOOK

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by EfemenaXY: 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
bellong: ^^^ You need to read the extreme abusive language used in the Nigeria in Nigeria and Nigeria in Diaspora thread. I wonder why people cannot pass across their point without descending to using derogatory words.

The painful thing is most of these people claim to be religious and serving God yet their actions and attitude cannot reflect in their confession...

I will not be surprised if the mother of the girl claims its an attack from her enemies.

That's because most Nigerians are naturally insultive by nature. It's a society where whoever shouts the loudest gets the quickest service.

It's the norm. Sad but true.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by crystalballs: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
some mama get bad mouth..

some child can wicked their parents..
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by stevecantrell: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
She cut off her nose...to spite her face sad

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Slickest(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Kemi the fashion designer...mama the grinding machine owner....who succeed pass....kemi fall ma hand by choping sole...if she's considered a failure by her mum then the mother is a waste to humanity...hope she's happy now....

2 Likes

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
So if person get misunderstanding with d mother d best way is to kill herself. Even pple who thru cyber bulling don't hve any excuse 4 taking their life.

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by MitchDLeo(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
You've Said the Truth

bellong: ^^^ You need to read the extreme abusive language used in the Nigeria in Nigeria and Nigeria in Diaspora thread. I wonder why people cannot pass across their point without descending to using derogatory words.

The painful thing is most of these people claim to be religious and serving God yet their actions and attitude cannot reflect in their confession...

I will not be surprised if the mother of the girl claims its an attack from her enemies.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Lilchilz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
maybe life dan tire her before shaa::::God forqive moi
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by krugar07(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
when did nigerians start commiting suicide. if u have been insulted or harsh words have been used on you, do wats best u can not to hold them in ur hrt even if it involves taking ur revenge and bringing down whoever it is to his or her pleading knees.

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by deeptesting(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.....Dalai Lama
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by g4ucom: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
undecidedMaMa KeMi I will rather kill myself than commit suicide
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by AreaFada2: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Greatken007: ordinary grounded wood charcoal would av revived her....abi the destructive distillation wen una read frm chemistry no dey enough ne?charcoal have the ability to absorb poison, ABABIO TEXT BOOK

Lol. Even activated charcoal can still be used in drug poisoning here in Europe, perhaps a second line therapy.

But it depends on relative absorption of the poison and potency. Certain chemicals (small molecules) can be absorbed starting right from the mouth.

To survive the poor girl may well have needed dialysis in order to reduce plasma concentration plus reduce workload of the kidney if the poison is nephrotoxic.

That would also depend on how much toxicological expertise there is in the hospitals. Here in Europe for management of common drugs/chemicals (Paracetamol, Aspirin, antidepressants etc) used in suicide/attempted suicide, there are guidelines with which A & E personnel are very familiar.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by JesusAmbassador(f): 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
kelz3264: the girl was wrong to have opted for suicide!
No matter what her mum had said toher suicide wasnt the best option,rather she should have thought of ways of proving her mum wrong! One thing i know is that no one can make you feel inferior witout your consent! The mum might have meant no harm just a case of wrong self expressive pattern!
I tire o... She will be the one to answer to God
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Phil69(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
chaircover: Yes Jide I get you but I tell you something. It takes 2 to tango and no one can fight themselves, because the person will look like a mad man/woman and no one will want that for themselves.

Generally speaking humans love attention, so if you ignore, it gets boring to them and they dont derive any pleasure from it so they move onto something else.

I over the years have come across a few people who decide to insult just for the fun of it. I either ignore them or I report to the mod. How many posts can they write the same thing especially if they are not getting a response. They are the ones who will get fed up.

Besides, are you trying to tell me that its worth getting into fights with people you dont know? people who you will likely never see in your life? if you pass me in the street would you know me? I could be a South African man for all you know smiley would you rather not spend the time doing something more rewarding?

Dont get me wrong, Im not solely blaming you beacuse it takes 2 to tango, Im just trying to explain that sometimes it really isnt worth it at all. You can be the bigger person if you choose to smiley
Do not argue with a mad person because people may not tell the difference. Sometimes silence is the best answer to a fool, and it is truly golden.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by greggng: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
That child is wicked. Every parents spank their children cos they want the best for them. She shold ve taken it as a challenge rather than what she did.she is a bad influence may her soul rot in hell ogbanje child

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
You don't want to hear the kind of curses some parents heap on their children eg oloriburuku( someone with a bad destiny), oloshi(an unfortunate person), ko ni da fun e(you will never succeed), o ni se ori ire(never succeed), ma sham fani(completely useless), wa so fo(you will perish) etc. imagine hearing things like this everyday from your parents. Let's be careful with our utterances.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by blackbeau1(f): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
This is what happens when ppl watch too much of American Movies.we are now copying things that we never used to do before

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by TheKingsQueen: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
What kind of hospital was that, that could not administer a simple first aid before referring the patient to the teaching hospital? What kind of laxity or reputation-saving mission was that? That's too bad honestly. They should have at least done something to save the girl, no matter how little.

On the other hands, hurting words kill the soul faster than physical wounds. This is a lesson for all, not just parents, but for e-attack dogs and beefers as well.

1 Like

Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Orikinla(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nigerian parents themselves need more training on parenting.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by simpleseyi: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
kulyie: Smh.its such a pity that women who dont deserve to be mothers are actually mothers.how can you be making such utterances to your own flesh and blood and be abusing her psychologically and emotionally.i am sure she must have been doing that for a long period of time which led to low self esteem,from there to psychological trauma and later degenerated to depression which could have motivated her in commiting suicide.i hope thats her only child sha so that she can save another child the trauma kemi went through.i mean,what kind of irritating anger is that that you will call your own daughter a failure and disgrace.isnt she aware words comming from a mother to a child is powerful.shebi now kemi has disgraced her.her eye don clear now.mshewwwww.iya oshi.thank God for the mother i have o.thank God for the womb i passed through o,that God did not make me come to the world through a beast of a mother but a loving and great mom.mummy thanks for all your patience o,even though when i annoy you as a kid you will rather call me olorire than some 1d1ot1c mothers just like this one who will call their kids oloriburuku omo.

SO, MOTHERS SHOULD NOT SCOLD OR CORRECT THEIR CHILDREN AGAIN!! I WAS BROUGHT UP WITH SCOLDING AND CANNING! I HOPE SHE WAS A VIRGIN, SO THAT SHE WILL BE ALLOCATED AS ONE OF THE 70 VIRGINS TO A TERRORIST.
Re: Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
spongeback: After years of being cyber-bullied I stood up for myself today, do I feel better yes sometimes you need to stand up for yourself, no matter who or what the person is. Nobody knows you better than you know yourself.

Good on you..really. However, not everyone have the strenght to stand up..fight back!

Truly, Words have power to destroy and to make alive. Little wonder the Bible says let your words be seasoned with grace...as Christians.

Poor Kemi, Rest on... Your mum has just learnt a lesson in a bitter way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? / You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? / Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.