Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,805 members, 7,806,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? (1047 Views)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Photos Of Man Trekking From Yola To Abuja / Love Evergreen Against All Odds..... Even Poverty.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ok.Usually I love walking home from walk in the evening partly because I can't afford to keep spending money on taxis every day.I wud go to my PPA,go to my shop,go see one or two friends,go flex,go home, all on taxismmmh!This aspect of my life isn't an issue,but some guys can't help it esp in my Estate.If I turn down a lift,its a problem grin.Some wud actually take offence cheesy whyI want to trek,na bad thing cheesy grin cheesy I know get money for taxi from my estate gate to house na bad thing? If I dey jump taxi like that,how I won take add money for the one wey I get buy my pure water? grin cheesy
cry

Ook o.I met this kind dude who trailed me.He argued that I needed his offer of a lift.He told me "beautiful girl like you trekking....common stop suffering yourself....I know you need it...stop being difficult....blah blah blah"I finally did enter and we exchanged numbers.Few hours ago,he called me and asked where I was,told him I was in shopprite.He offered to meet me there and we met at a perfume shop where I was.After paying for two expensive perfumes,he asked me "Aren't you a corper ?You just spent like two months of your allowi on perfumes."My response,"yea,just like some Abuja guys wud buy a car of 8million and leave 200k in their account.In my own case,I suffer to enjoy,not enjoy to suffer"Anuofia just nod his head.Na target dey make me trek,not poverty!esp when I don c say light no dey and my neighbour grinding machine(gen)go dey on. grin grin
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
Is this supposed to be diary or?
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Is this supposed to be diary or?
It can b anything
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Enegod(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by onuwaje(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
Space booked...
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by tpia5: 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Did you open the thread to actually discuss trekking, or to advertise your beauty, money, guys, etc?

I'd like to know if i need to comment or not.

1 Like

Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
tpia@:
Did you open the thread to actually discuss trekking, or to advertise your beauty, money, guys, etc?

I'd like to know if i need to comment or not.

About why people think trekking is meant for the poor.Now are you ready to say something worth reflecting on or not?
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lynpetra! Lynpetra!! Lynpetra!!! How many times did i call you? Dont perish in poverty in pretense!

B4 nko, who dey trek? No poor man?
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lynpetra! Lynpetra!! Lynpetra!!! How many times did i call you? Dont perish in poverty in pretense!

B4 nko, who dey trek? No poor man/woman?
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
RedBenson: Lynpetra! Lynpetra!! Lynpetra!!! How many times did i call you? Dont perish in poverty in pretense!

B4 nko, who dey trek? No poor man/woman?

Lol. grin cheesy
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
There's nothing wrong with trekking.

If I feel the distance is walkable, I walk, instead of paying for the bus. It saves me money. I can use that same money and buy something useful.

Trekking is also good for you.

Obesity shall not be our portion IJN. cool
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by cold(m): 12:30am On Aug 28, 2013
grin It's the typical Naija mentality.once they see you walking you're automatically classified as poor.Women scorn you,men despise you,relations keep their distance.it's the Naija way.Some would even spray you water whilst driving just to rub it in...sigh

1 Like

Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2013
adaobi123: There's with trekking.

If I feel the distance is walkable, I walk, instead of paying for the bus. It saves me money. I can use that same money and buy something useful.

Trekking is also good for you.

Obesity shall not be our portion IJN. cool

Gbam!Thank you jare.
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2013
cold: grin It's the typical Naija mentality.once they see you walking you're automatically classified as poor.Women scorn you,men despise you,relations keep their distance.it's the Naija way.Some would even spray you water whilst driving just to rub it in...sigh

Exactly!Some guys wud even splash you mould if you refused a lift.A warri friend of mine has broken someone's back glass cos of it!The guy rush out to beat her oooo,but that girl use stone and stick pieces all the glass before police intervened!She didn't pay one naira cos you can imagine like 7 of her relations wey dey vex say person touch their sister in the police station,waiting for the guy to show up so they can kill him right there at the station.
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2013
cold: grin It's the typical Naija mentality.once they see you walking you're automatically classified as poor.Women scorn you,men
despise you,relations keep their distance.it's the Naija way.Some would even spray you water whilst driving just to rub it in...sigh

U r very right! U know, poverty has been our major problem in this country. Someone who has lived major part of his/her life in poverty, once such breaks out of it to the extent of acquiring a ride, u see him/her begins to show off bringing to the notice of people that he/she has arrived. Then now, becos major percentage of Nigerians are without cars, those who are lucky to have access to one begins to see those without one as paupers and then when they see u on road trekking, thier assumption is that u are poor and perhaps doesnt worth getting acquinted to. It's a very wrong and stupid mentality but i thank God i never looked down on people weda am driving with dad's car or trekking for leisure!
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2013
depends of your age. over 25 yes it is a sign of poverty ..except if ur car got a problem..or u were doing a digestive walk..otherwise wink wink
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: depends of your age. over 25 yes it is a sign of poverty ..except if ur car got a problem..or u were doing a digestive walk..otherwise wink wink

Am 25,am serving.So is it abnormal not to have car yet?(I had as a student in the Uni.).Does it mean that everybody that has a car is rich??Have aunts who work in banks,they give out personal loans sometimes...some will drop their millions of naira car for a loan of 200-500k.like WTF!!!
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2013
^^ don't mind him. My mum walks and I certainly know she isn't poor. cool
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by 190theclown: 9:20am On Aug 28, 2013
^

Sighs undecided
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 28, 2013
190-the-clown:
^

Sighs undecided

undecided undecided
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2013
lynpetra:

Am 25,am serving.So is it abnormal not to have car yet?(I had as a student in the Uni.).Does it mean that everybody that has a car is rich??Have aunts who work in banks,they give out personal loans sometimes...some will drop their millions of naira car for a loan of 200-500k.like WTF!!!
why did u have it as a student then? a car is important , if u can afford one I don't know why u will be trekking? na wa ooo ..don't u people like comfort? especially in Africa, with the Mud, the sun etc? eh eh . well it depends of what u mean by rich.i mean Banks don't just give credit/loan like that u must have a good credit score whch means u kinda have money. take it like this, not all car owners are rich but they ain't poor either. winkgerrit
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by 190theclown: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2013
adaobi123:

undecided undecided

smh undecided
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by chucky234(m): 9:47am On Aug 28, 2013
I trekk once a while especially when am going out alone because my wife and kids will never go out without the car as the view trekking as suffering,whenever I drop my car off at the mechanic workshop for servicing I usually use the opportunity to walk some distance.
Trekking is a healthy habit as it helps improve the transportation of blood to the heart and also reduces risk of kidney disease.
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: why did u have it as a student then? a car is important , if u can afford one I don't know why u will be trekking? na wa ooo ..don't u people like comfort? especially in Africa, with the Mud, the sun etc? eh eh . well it depends of what u mean by rich.i mean Banks don't just give credit/loan like that u must have a good credit score whch means u kinda have money. take it like this, not all car owners are rich but they ain't poor either. winkgerrit

I think there isa clear difference btw "want"and "need".I don't need a car as there are other priorities at stake here.But some persons wud think its needed cos you are trekking!

#that doesn't mean if a car was thrown at me,I wud say no grin grin grin.I might sell it anyway
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
In specific areas of Abuja...
Re: Is Trekking Now A Sign Of Poverty???? by Emmyk(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
It depends on how far you wanna cover...
1km trek is good (I do it most times)

Anything farther is defo. poverty cheesycheesy.

Nobody should quote me. It's my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

modified / Seun Please Help Me Change My Username / Check This Out [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.