Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 AM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (421642 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Shalome(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2014
Demaejy: Please house, has anyone used '' Camscanner '' application on P2? How is it?
I use it to scan n send documents, it awesome

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
theogabriel:

No, I did not find the SuperUser in the phone. I mean: I install it and it installed. I thought it is not suppose to install unless the phone is rooted. I also install root checker and it detected the SuperUser but it did not tell me whether my phone is rooted or not.

this is kinda dumb no disrespect though..

why install super su in the first instance when u didn't root ur Fone knowing its supposed to appear automatically after rooting..

so what's really ur complain now sef

uninstall it and root it with framaroot ... isn't that straight enough for one to comprehend ni ... jeeeez

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Both SuperSU and SuperUser installed on my phone (though it usually say "SuperUser has stopped" after sometime), and the following picture is the result of the Root Checker. Pls tell me whether my phone is rooted.

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by gioneerp2: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
theogabriel: Both SuperSU and SuperUser installed on my phone (though it usually say "SuperUser has stopped" after sometime), and the following picture is the result of the Root Checker. Pls tell me whether my phone is rooted.

No mate, your phone is not rooted. Superuser and SuperSU help you execute commands in a rooted phone but they don't root the phone by themselves. Get Framaroot 1.6.1 and run it once. It takes seconds and your phone will be as rooted as an ancient oak tree. Do it. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

then go for the new one, I only sale pimped ,Rooted and loaded with games phone ..........if u check the price u will see is not too much and also note that the new once is also being sold 20k in some places
sorry o! No offence intended may you find a buyer soon. Goodluck to you.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

location only Enugu call me on 07064530578 if u are interested first come first served
which side in enugu?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by NONNYG: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

then go for the new one, I only sale pimped ,Rooted and loaded with games phone ..........if u check the price u will see is not too much and also note that the new once is also being sold 20k in some places
Ole, Go & Die
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

I'll be a judge on that, 20? Go to finet at old park you will get it at 25k,brand new

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by 4peace(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
gioneerp2: Installed the Untouched Jelly Bean 4.2.2 today. Went without a hitch. A nice ROM, feels smooth, has no bloatware and features the most simple and efficient stock Google ui.

But even after applying the corrective patch, the front camera does not work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could it be because I used COT recovery instead of CWM? Is anyone else facing the same issue? Can you help me out?

Nothing like that

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Koblan:

is there a particular folder I'm to put the songs cos this is how my "Local" looks like:

normally all your songs should appear under Local...unless you don't have any songs on your device... or maybe it's an issue with your memory card
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mckandre: I'll be a judge on that, 20? Go to finet at old park you will get it at 25k,brand new
Hmmm p2 25k? na lie I'd rather go for Gionee E3 33k.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
theogabriel:

No, I did not find the SuperUser in the phone. I mean: I install it and it installed. I thought it is not suppose to install unless the phone is rooted. I also install root checker and it detected the SuperUser but it did not tell me whether my phone is rooted or not.

superuser can be installed on any device.... but if you aren't rooted the superuser app is useless on your device....

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
some people are funny sha...selling used phone for a lot more than a new one cos of “Pimped”...LOL...he no know say maga don scarce for Nairaland... he better check elsewhere
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kamaye: Hmmm p2 25k? na lie I'd rather go for Gionee E3 33k.
Bro m telling you. When I went there to enquire, they told me 25k mehn I felt molested,see how person dey chop fellow person,guy nah small thing hold me I for knock the girl down. I fit enter gionee biz for this end.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mckandre: Bro m telling you. When I went there to enquire, they told me 25k mehn I felt molested,see how person dey chop fellow person,guy nah small thing hold me I for knock the girl down. I fit enter gionee biz for this end.

if you have 25K why not just use it to acquire the Tecno M7 instead....with better specs
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tohby2(m): 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
2wks old opsson6622 for sale last price 12.5 add on
what's app for pics 08102595486
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by edujandon(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mckandre: which side in enugu?

Ebony paint road garriki.....still available 20k
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Codedboy95(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

10k if you ready holla . tongue
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
My own review on untouched jellybeans (sorry I meant jellytomato)
Consider the following before Opt...

Make I start with advantages
Android ui runs smoothly
Ram,175mb no be small thing (consider Apps,the load you carry for SD card and the size cos you won't find it funny ).
Gaming, it doesn't force close that easy unlike the stock rom (I played ravensword till I reached one scene it forced close but went on smoothly after using ram expander).
Multitasking, ok.
Message and contact scrolling, doesn't lag.
It came with stock browser(who needs this?not when you have dolphin and the rest )
3g on both sims,this one no be small thing as for speed excellent I reached 1.6mbps on second SIM.
Developer options,this one dey.
Added display theme colors ie raspberry, mint and the rest.
Camera is ok (I meant using the back one o )
MP3 sound quality,this one ok sha.
Music equilizer, this one dey.
Loaded ringtones (like who cares )
Fancy slide unlock (only unlock, no other shortcuts )

Now lets move over to the buffet (disadvantages).
first thing I noticed,

weird startup (which one be the amazing story of Android blah blah blah ).
battery drains (well, I can manage )
charging speed, mehn very bad, 3hrs on charging to 70% this is unlike my former stock rom 1h50min is enough to fully charge a 15% bar.
Charging and using, very very poor ,I use my sleeping laptop to fully charge my previous rom on heavy usage and the charging speed is fast.
No face unlock.
No front camera option.
No background themes (unlike the stock rom )
No auto light ability (not functioning).
No power saver option
No torch (I missed this )
The stock video player doesn't support resume (Who needs that when you have mx player )
Lame ringtones.
System update,well,i don't know for this one.
No compass,m not even sure if the GPS is working.
System widget no complete.
No follow come live wallpaper
Toooo tecnoish.

That's all for today, I might have missed some few pointers. correction is allowed...

Courtesy touchpal keyboard...

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
nani.666:

if you have 25K why not just use it to acquire the Tecno M7 instead....with better specs
no way man,their touch sensor is poor, their butts are stocked on 256k color, dispay intensity very bad, I always cry when reading at night.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Geniusvic(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
gioneerp2: Installed the Untouched Jelly Bean 4.2.2 today. Went without a hitch. A nice ROM, feels smooth, has no bloatware and features the most simple and efficient stock Google ui.

But even after applying the corrective patch, the front camera does not work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could it be because I used COT recovery instead of CWM? Is anyone else facing the same issue? Can you help me out?
My front camera and light sensor doesn't work as well even after applying a patch for the light sensor bug and I flashed mine with CWM.. Have u tried using a 3rd party camera app??

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Geniusvic(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
I want to buy a 32gb SD card.. How do I know a class 10?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
edujandon:

do you have cwm backup?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Geniusvic:
My front camera and light sensor doesn't work as well even after applying a patch for the light sensor bug and I flashed mine with CWM.. Have u tried using a 3rd party camera app??

don't know how u guys flashed urs Ooo cos Na cwm Me self use and its all working perfectly..

the reverse camera icon is just way down on the right side of ur camera screen and works perfectly and sharp even with the camera patch wink

loving it more and more

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Codedboy95: 10k if you ready holla . tongue
Lols, i dey laugh ooo grin
Lols, i dey laugh ooo
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by edujandon(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2014

unless say u carry gun
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by SIMPLIFIED(m): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
2moro is gonna be a memorable day, one nt 2 be 4gotten in a hurry.. After so many yrs of long term relationship with nokia java platform i will finally be saying gudbye 2 her(well nt totally but she will be a second choice)..o! My dear nokia.. Right frm d days of snake games on black nd white 2 present.. Will miss u but i have 2 get a new wife called android.. I will still keep u for emergency cus ur battery never dissapoints.. Waited for a lng time 4 u 2 move on with d winning team(android) but u stubbornly went Bill Gates direction(windows). Well it is nt my fault, i have waited lng enough, nt everyone would have endured this union up till now#letter2mynokia# Ok back 2 business; who has purchased gp2 in emeka offor recently i need 2 know if its available b4 heading 2moro since i can't find it in Asaba.nt even slot has it

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Fred4life(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=Mckandre]My own review on untouched jellybeans (sorry I meant jellytomato)
Consider the following before Opt...

Make I start with advantages
Android ui runs smoothly
Ram,175mb no be small thing (consider Apps,the load you carry for SD card and the size cos you won't find it funny ).
Gaming, it doesn't force close that easy unlike the stock rom (I played ravensword till I reached one scene it forced close but went on smoothly after using ram expander).
Multitasking, ok.
Message and contact scrolling, doesn't lag.
It came with stock browser(who needs this?not when you have dolphin and the rest )
3g on both sims,this one no be small thing as for speed excellent I reached 1.6mbps on second SIM.
Developer options,this one dey.
Added display theme colors ie raspberry, mint and the rest.
Camera is ok (I meant using the back one o )
MP3 sound quality,this one ok sha.
Music equilizer, this one dey.
Loaded ringtones (like who cares )
Fancy slide unlock (only unlock, no other shortcuts )

Now lets move over to the buffet (disadvantages).
first thing I noticed,

weird startup (which one be the amazing story of Android blah blah blah ).
battery drains (well, I can manage )
charging speed, mehn very bad, 3hrs on charging to 70% this is unlike my former stock rom 1h50min is enough to fully charge a 15% bar.
Charging and using, very very poor ,I use my sleeping laptop to fully charge my previous rom on heavy usage and the charging speed is fast.
No face unlock.
No front camera option.
No background themes (unlike the stock rom )
No auto light ability (not functioning).
No power saver option
No torch (I missed this )
The stock video player doesn't support resume (Who needs that when you have mx player )
Lame ringtones.
System update,well,i don't know for this one.
No compass,m not even sure if the GPS is working.
System widget no complete.
No follow come live wallpaper
Toooo tecnoish.

That's all for today, I might have missed some few pointers. correction is allowed...

Courtesy touchpal keyboard...

[/quo.......VIDEO PLAYER AUTO RESUME......THERE IS FRONT CAMERA OPTION
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by aumeehn: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
SIMPLIFIED: 2moro is gonna be a memorable day, one nt 2 be 4gotten in a hurry.. After so many yrs of long term relationship with nokia java platform i will finally be saying gudbye 2 her(well nt totally but she will be a second choice)..o! My dear nokia.. Right frm d days of snake games on black nd white 2 present.. Will miss u but i have 2 get a new wife called android.. I will still keep u for emergency cus ur battery never dissapoints.. Waited for a lng time 4 u 2 move on with d winning team(android) but u stubbornly went Bill Gates direction(windows). Well it is nt my fault, i have waited lng enough, nt everyone would have endured this union up till now#letter2mynokia# Ok back 2 business; who has purchased gp2 in emeka offor recently i need 2 know if its available b4 heading 2moro since i can't find it in Asaba.nt even slot has it
guy u funny oo i loff nokia oo buh de juz fuckd up
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Unseen(m): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bought my Gionee P2 today at Glaceo Communication Shop Onitsha adjacent to Emeka Offor plaza. Price is 18k , the phone scares die na only one shop I see am and na white color
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by SIMPLIFIED(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
Unseen: Bought my Gionee P2 today at Glaceo Communication Shop Onitsha adjacent to Emeka Offor plaza. Price is 18k , the phone scares die na only one shop I see am and na white color
wtf!, hav jst 16k oh nd damn i dnt like white color, i may jst have 2 wait till nxt week for new shipments. Where is Elijahdre, i will like 2 know when u will have it available
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
m trying to flash primo f2 stock rom through sp flash tool,but m having trouble installing the required drivers on my PC, who can put me through? embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.