Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,652 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Popcorn Get Burnt - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Popcorn Get Burnt (4471 Views)

Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Why Does Jollof Rice Get Burnt When Stirred? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popcorn Get Burnt by kolagold10(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
I have Paulon Popcorn Machine but have been having lots of trouble with it lately. The last five or so times that I've made popcorn, they've come out burnt. So I wanna ask the experts in the house who can tell me what to do.

Thanks!
Re: Popcorn Get Burnt by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
I don't think many nairalanders would be able to help you because you are asking for help about a particular brand of pop corn machine and not all pop corn machines in general.

So,

Why not use the manual method of popping corn since the machine is not working?
Use pot and turn your oyel inside it then put the pop corn and turn some sprnkles of salt inside it then cover the pot and carry it put on the stove let it it pop the corn.
Leave it on the stove and shake the pot occasionally to bring the corn in the bottom of the pot to the top so that all the corn will be popped.
Then remove it after all the corn have popped.
Thats all.
Re: Popcorn Get Burnt by degurl(f): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
I pop my pop corn with non - stick pot or skillet and it comes out *muah* and neat. So maybe you should try it the local way and see the difference.
Btw, i hope you used the right specie of corn for popcorn?
Re: Popcorn Get Burnt by jensinmi(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello Kolagold.

Do you still need help with resolving your burnt popcorn issue?

I am in the process of launching a Gourmet Popcorn Company in Abuja that makes over 80 flavors of popcorn; So... I know quite a bit about popcorn.

Are you getting burnt kernels (seeds) or burnt popped pieces? If kernels, are you buying quality popcorn seed!? The poppability (percentage of popcorn kernels that will explode and pop into your white popcorn) of some of our local popcorn is suspect. Poor quality seed is similar to pouring regular corn into the machine. It won't pop and as temperatures rise, it will burn.

Are you adding sugar along with the popcorn into the kettle? (This is not a good idea as table sugar caramelizes i.e burns at 330 degrees Fahrenheit or 165 degrees Celsius) That means if your kettle gets this hot, the sugar burns and turns black while clumping your kernels together.

Kindly give me more information so I can better assist.

2 Likes

Re: Popcorn Get Burnt by wisolo(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please how best should I add sugar to po corn to prevent burning?

(1) (Reply)

Mama Gold Rice Is The Number One Premium Brand In Nigeria / How To Cook Banga Rice? / The Best Slimming Tea So Far And Affordable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.