Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) (8782 Views)

Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg / How, Why Founder Of Rccg Woke Up From The Dead The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by RURIE: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2008
I have been wondering why we have 2 types of REDEEM CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD(THE CLASSICAL AND MODEL)some of them women perming their hair wearing truissers not covering their hair in the church and other dressing like deeper life people. THERE IS NO UNIFORMITY IN THEIR TEACHING. CAN ANY BODY GIVE ME SOME EXPLANATION
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by jydeboy: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2008
I am surprised you don't know up till now the RCCG is a confused church. All they care about is how to garner money from people. That's why you see them having so many branches in a 500-meter space. They have the least trained set of pastors in the world; that's why they don't preach well. Tell any jobless man to go to that church if he needs a job. I promise he would bcome a pastor in less than a month. God is watching, and too patient.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by actoor(m): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2008
Many people PERISH for lark of knowledge. I wish you guys can go deep into RCCG to get a better info. Am not a church person but, i know that, you guys lack understanding. Ok?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Backslider(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2008
@post

good observation.

This is a sign of backsliding.

God will hold the Head the Pastor responsible. Every stumbling block that sends young christians to Hell will be required by the Lord from the Pastor.
The Blood of every Church member that goes to hell will be required from their pastor.

You pastor that fails to hold the truth in righteousness the blood of Jesus will burn on your Head for all eternity. There is no familiarity with the King of Kings.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by italo: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
This is from matthew chapter 7

24 "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;
25 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;
27 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."

the catholic church is the only church founded by Christ himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by jydeboy: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2008
Italo, It is an indubitable fact: the Catholic church is the only church founded by Christ himself. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by rotimy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
In the late 80s, a fomer Pastor in RCCG , Tony Rapu, now the GO of This Present House Ikoyi, was mandated by Adeboye to start a model Church that will accomodate young professionals who felt that the Chuch was an old shool. So Rapu started the Freedom Hall Apapa. The Apapa family as they called themselves is credited with the explosion of RCCG. The classical Parish is anologue while the model is digital. Old school and new school, no trousers for women, tight trousers for the babes. The two groups had been at each other's neck. Tony Rapu was shoved away due the crisis. But the Model Parishes truly is the honey pot like City of David, V.I, Olive Parish Ikoyi, Victory parish at 24 Rd Festac.
TRULY, MANY PASTORS OF RCCG ARE NOT TRAINED AND ANYONE CAN FIND AND FUND A PARISH!
There is also ethnic distrust, mistrust and suspicion among the top pastors of RCCG
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2008
@topic
Well i think this is a marketing strategy to cater for different strata of clientiele. Makes good business sense to me grin
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Backslider(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2008
@rotimy

If this so then we need to ask God to restore The GO.

Hell is waiting for those who have erred and still live in Heresy.

The Lord is the same today yesterday and forevermore.

We are saved from sin against the trinity of the Body spirit and soul.

Church is not for sinners to come and be Entertained. An Evangelist is supposed to preach the word to a sinner and the when he repents he is allowed to Join the body of Christ.

What we see now is evil where the Church (the body of Christ) is first introduced to a sinner with all the privilledges of a christian and then he is made to say a funny prayer he now begins to "feel" he is a Child of God, but his sinful Life is still with him. he has some simillitude of righteousness but he knows not the true God.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by osasky(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2012
What you don't know is more than you. you don't criticize what you don't know. judge not, because it is not by our works that we are served.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Johndoe100(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2012
jydeboy: I am surprised you don't know up till now the RCCG is a confused church. All they care about is how to garner money from people. That's why you see them having so many branches in a 500-meter space. They have the least trained set of pastors in the world; that's why they don't preach well. Tell any jobless man to go to that church if he needs a job. I promise he would bcome a pastor in less than a month. God is watching, and too patient.

Really I thought I was the only one that noticed.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Victor31(m): 5:27am On May 18, 2012
Tunde Bakare should be asked to explain why. I sometimes watched Pastor Adeboye's interview where he was asked this same question and his reply was "If a child does the will of his/her parents, such child is omo oko(legit) but if he/she does otherwise, she'd be called omo ale(illegit) and that's the case of those wearing trousers to church. We all know the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by iamwhat: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is a detailed article on the topic:
https://books.openedition.org/ifra/805?lang=en
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by Wantedola(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
I didn't even know self.
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by paxonel(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
Even the so called modern have already comprised to the old classical way so what's the difference?

The young people say they want to be different, now they are comprising their stand because of daddy G.O tradition.

Tradition strong sha, especially when it comes to Yoruba
Re: Why Do We Have 2 Type Of Rccg(classical And Model) by AgentNairaland(f): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
You Know We Have Contemporary Music, Classical Music, Traditional Music, etc

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Church Organises Free Medical Check-up For All Her Members Today (PHOTOS) / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments / Are Gays Demons In Human Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.