Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano (18608 Views)

Why Jsc Sports Could Not Broadcast Stoke Vs Chelsea Match / Satellite Tv Technology That Broadcast Wirelessly To 40 Or More Tvs / Startime: Does It Broadcast Live Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by alphaconde(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Friday August 23, 2013 arrested one Tope Ajayi over his alleged involvement in digital satellite broadcast scam. Ajayi was picked up by operatives of EFCC from his apartment located at 26 Link Bawo Road in Hausawa area of Kano following intelligence report.

Over 100 decoders and other computer gadgets were recovered from his server room by operatives of the Commission during a search on his apartment.

Ajayi who claimed to have worked with Skye Bank Plc is said to be a major digital satellite broadcast scammer. He is alleged to have a server that links up with a server in China and an unknown Internet Service Provider, ISP, somewhere in Europe or the United State of America.

The suspect is also alleged to be engaged in illegal importation, selling and distribution of pirate devices popularly known as Dungle which enables subscribers to have free access to Multichoice satellite signals across West and Central Africa.

According to Mr Frikkie Jonker, Senior Anti-Piracy Manager, Multichoice, Ajayi’s server is considered strong as it controls its counterpart server in China and distributes satellite signals to a host of West African and Central African countries including Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya Uganda and Benin Republic .

It was also revealed that the suspect had been extracting control words from multichoice cards in Nigeria and sending same to a server in China which is connected to an ISP server placed somewhere in Europe or America.
Jonker, who expressed his gratitude to the EFCC for the arrest, described the scam as one of the biggest in recent time.
Ajayi will be arraigned in court when investigation is concluded.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/press-release/efcc-press-release-efcc-arrests-satellite-broadcast-scammer-kano

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by alphaconde(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
All those looking for how to watch dstv without subscription... Hey ur man has been arrested.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/press-release/efcc-press-release-efcc-arrests-satellite-broadcast-scammer-kano

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Saraben(f): 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hop dey will arrest d rest too, if not it will b unfair
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by alphaconde(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2013
Saraben: Hop dey will arrest d rest too, if not it will b unfair

Its my prayer that they all get arrested.
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2013

44 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by alphaconde(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
DonCrust: Nonsense. Why is it only the common Nigerians that they can arrest? What happen to all the politicians stealling everyday? Or those big Alhajis at Asokoro who employ boys to do their dirty works. This man is a genius and deserve recognition for discovering the bogs or loopholes in those servers.

This is the confusion, what evil show we discard? Which should we keep? I feel as far as it is evil it should be condemned.

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by francababy(f): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
alpha conde:

This is the confusion, what evil show we discard? Which should we keep? I feel as far as it is evil it should be condemned.

alpha_conde are you a staff of multichoice? Well I don't know. However, I know something for sure. You are short sighted. Can you see the brilliance of this guy. Imagine if yound Nigerians like this get enough support, he would be able to fund his ideas and create a legal digital station that will compete with your silly multichoice that does more harm than good to Nigeria

36 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by kabba7(m): 12:25am On Aug 29, 2013
How come the efcc is being used to harras Nigerians for a south african company I think its a shame however hey can't get far AVATA is working well so also is A.Z

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sorry to interrupt o! I'm not here to comment...I only came to ask where Nairaland toilet is! Abeg,i wanna shiit... embarassed

14 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by playcharles(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
end times tinz

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by everyday: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
Serves him right
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Chrisned: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Foreign nations make use of the best hackers they can lay hand on to develop their nation but naija dey charge them to court

7 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by AkinDavid2: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
kabba7: How come the efcc is being used to harras Nigerians for a south african company I think its a shame however hey can't get far AVATA is working well so also is A.Z

Try to make sense please!
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by ocheejemb: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lol...which tailor wrote this article.
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by ichommy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
stone-mind:
i
want piss

For NL? You be Yabaleft Candidate?

2 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by lekkie073(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
I have four dongles at home. Been watxhing dstv free since about 3yrs now. Long live avatar, long live aztsky...... shocked

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by venorite(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
rubbish people, go maitama go see houses wey no get occupants..if you ask the value u go dey hear billions.rubbsih people they arrest common man wey dey save us from these south African companies...mtschheew...*goes back to watching supersports on strong*

7 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by nerodenero: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
It was also revealed that the suspect had been extracting control words from multichoice cards in Nigeria and sending same to a server in China which is connected to an ISP server placed somewhere in Europe or America.
BADDO grin

4 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by abdulo4real: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Smartini: Sorry to interrupt o! I'm not here to comment...I only came to ask where Nairaland toilet is! Abeg,i wanna shiit... embarassed
gringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by dgitrader(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
unlucky dude, hope he earned enough to afford a good S.A.N to help frustrait the courts, just like the politicians and ex-topbankers do. he his a genius anyway, more grease to his elbows(after this temporary hitch)
venorite: rubbish people, go maitama go see houses wey no get occupants..if you ask the value u go dey hear billions.rubbsih people they arrest common man wey dey save us from these south African companies...mtschheew...*goes back to watching supersports on strong*

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Okijajuju1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Tope!! Tope!!!! Tope!!!!!!!!!

Odikwa egwu o!

Olorun Maje o!!

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by CHIMSKY(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
alpha conde:

My wonder is:how did this guy beat Mutchoice's security protocols and encryption?Nigeria's got talent.You just gotta know how to exploit it
Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by kingthreat(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Multichoice, if you were any wise bail him after 3 months then recruit him.

8 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by EdidemOluomo: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
alpha conde: All those looking for how to watch dstv without subscription... Hey ur man has been arrested.

Ode the prices of the so called dstv is too high and yet the Nigerian govt sees nothing bad about that. Meanwhile in South Africa there subscription is almost free. Efcc should do beta and leave the guy trying to survive. Awon were jati jati

5 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by Okijajuju1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
EdidemOluomo:

Ode the prices of the so called dstv is too high and yet the Nigerian govt sees nothing bad about that. Meanwhile in South Africa there subscription is almost free. Efcc should do beta and leave the guy trying to survive. Awon were jati jati

You are a pathological, beer palour dwelling lair..

South Africa pays more for Cable than Nigeria..
Infact, Nigeria seems to pay the cheapest subscription for cable in the world.

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by chrisair101: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
thats why this country nigeria will never altain his height in d face of technology nd science breakthroughs.
The talented and genius entity will end up been poor forever,die or end up in been rusticated to bars.
While d well place nd silver spoon spoiled brats,with nothing in the medulla well get employed.
NG. Take a leap frm US GOVT.where d criminally gifted individual are arrested and re-integrated into the workforce.
Time to start making good use of our criminals,for it might b a blessing in disguise.

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by oduason: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Does this means i cant watch my dstv free of charge again.abi sango wan punish multichoice ni:-/:-/

1 Like

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by obimind(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Damn EFCC, Damn multi choice.

2 Likes

Re: Satellite Broadcast Scammer Arrested In Kano by olumyde5(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
alpha conde:

[size=24pt]
WHAT THE GUY DID WAS WRONG HOWEVER I THINK THEY CAN HELP CHANNEL THE CREATIVITY OF THIS GUY INTO SOMETHING POSITIVE, 'BUT NA 9JA WE DEY'
[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mytv Subscription Now 1,250 / Installation of Satellite TV for sports and Entertainment - Abuja Only / Everything About OurTv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.