Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,249 members, 7,780,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films (19243 Views)

Teenager Commits Suicide After Parents Banned Her From Facebook / Oregon Teenager Attempts To Bomb High School / The Killer Schoolgirl: Facing Jail And Weeping In The Dock, The Teenager Who Bought Knives And Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by dyemida(m): 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
An American teenager Joshua Cooke is been jailed for 40years for murdering his parents.

He was said to have murdered his parents by shooting them out of fun, an inspiration he received from video games

and films.

"I get regressed and feels like practicing when I watch films like matrix and play games like grand theft auto (GTA),

When asked if there was any reason he had for killing his parents, he had this to say "When I asked my parents about

my real parents, they just tell wave me off, I can remember my mother telling me to shut up on a particular occasion I asked her"

"I bought a pistol from a local store, and when in the evening my parents came back, I walked down the stairs, saw my mum on the

computer and I shot her, looked around for my father,saw him on the other computer, at this time he ran under the table

and I shot 7times at him through the table, saw a bottle of coke on the table, drank it and then called the police"

According to mass speculations, Joshua is just trying to blame his crimes on violent Video games, music and films but this is

what he has to say

"I dont blame anything or anyone for that day, but for a mentally deranged person like I was back then, those things are really

a ticking time bomb".

According to Joshua, after killing his parents, he didn't feel any remorse after killing his parents because at that time,

all that was on his mind was to kill and end his life.

Warner Bros Co., the company responsible for the matrix triology has refused to comment on Joshua Cooke's case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401316/Joshua-Cooke-describes-moment-shot-adopted-parents-19.html
[http://adeyemidavid..com/2013/08/american-teenager-jailed-for-killing.html]

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
foolish

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by demelza: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
I will keep my dignity and refuse to say end time.... lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by omoodeogere(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
ok
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by lafuria1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pathetic, it still boils down to gun control, he had easy access to a gun and so he uses it. As kid then we had those fantasy of fighting and killing like rambo, matrix, commando but thank God we only had water and paper gun.

I don't think the movies were what actually influence but the little attention he gets from his parents. Control d sale of guns.

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by gabito4luv(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
How I wish this guy would be given the opportunity to hav kids and feel the pleasure of watching them snuff the life out of him. Nonsense. No be only Matrix cause am

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by tdbanks: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
I don't know blacks to have this kind of problem; always the whites.

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Olumidzti(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
Recently a boy also killed his grandmother after playing a video game. The whites are not problem proof afterall like some folks think...
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by noblejayz(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
e don b 4 Joshua. I dey fron page?
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Paulfish: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Smh..
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by noblejayz(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
e don b 4 Joshua. I dey front page?
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
demelza: I will keep my dignity and refuse to say end time.... lipsrsealed

Please spread the good news

very soon

they'll start using salt in Nollywood movies to poison spouses

[img]http://www.searchbuzz.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Its_the_end_of_the_world_meme.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by heed101(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ogun ma ja o.
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Kslib(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
What da hell?
Mental disorder of the highest order..
This mad man wan use im mental disorder take bring bad market for action games/movies...
All izz well!
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Ogegod87: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Whoever sold d gun 2 a freaking teenager?

Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by lockedOut: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
So how come all those of us that played FPS games while growing up did not also kill our parents?

How come people don't use "the devil made me do it" slogan any longer? Na game dem wan dey lie untop?

Before you know it, Nigerian mothers will go about smashing xbox and Playstation game consoles. I am imagining the line going **before you turn my son's headand make him kill me I will kill you first**
shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by caramelll(f): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dangers of Tv violence(project topic)
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
He is crazy. Idiot as if we too did not play games.
Wish they gave birth to such Idiot in North Korea, he would be kissing the devils ass right now in hell

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by bigx(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
"He Bought the Gun from a Local Store",

That's all I have to say.
Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by kstyle2(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
*sees thread....continues playin grand theft auto, liberty city.....

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Fazhy: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
I shot 7times at him through the table, saw a bottle of coke on the table, drank it and then called the police

imagine that?

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Na wash jo! No one can take away my game from me.

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Rexphobia(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
I must still buy PS4 and xbox one

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by heed101(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
caramelll: Dangers of Tv violence(project topic)
. I hereby approved the above topic and you can go ahead and write succinctly on it. Your supervisor will be Seun Osewa. No deadline is set for the project. As for the finance, God will provide

1 Like

Re: Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films by Jaywilzee(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
So so sad....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman / Three US Service Members Killed In Jordan By Iran Backed Group / Israel Warns Russia Against Giving Syria Missiles (wat A Comedy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.