Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Group Wants Suntai Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Wants Suntai Impeached (8389 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet / Breaking News SUNTAI DANBABA Gov Of Taraba State Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Wants Suntai Impeached by Built2last: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2013
There is fresh trouble for ailing Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai who returned to the country at the weekend. A group, Taraba Justice Forum, led by Mr. John Ambulus, has called for the commencement of impeachment process against the governor.
Addressing newsmen yesterday in Abuja, the forum alleged that the ailing governor’s return was stage-managed and demanded a comprehensive enquiry into his medical condition by the state House of Assembly in line with the constitution.

The forum further submitted that the medical incapacity of the governor could no longer be hidden even as it called on President Goodluck Jonathan to intervene as a matter of urgent national importance.

“The president now has a sacred duty to intervene in this matter. The commander-in-chief should not allow this matter to degenerate. There is the need for intervention as this is ridiculing the ruling party and the presidency,” the forum stated.

The group recalled that it had for several months called the attention of the nation to the governor’s poor state of health and called for the invocation of Section 189 of the constitution.

“Now, the truth is out of the bag. After 10 months of treatment, the result is what the whole world saw yesterday. With the way the governor was smuggled in, it is clear, he is not medically fit in all consideration of the phrase.

“The issue is not just that the man cannot walk; the truth is that his brain coordination motor is not working and so the man cannot function even when assisted. The medical crisis was so clearly displayed as the governor cannot even address the media and the people of the state.

“We are vindicated and we hereby use this occasion to call on the state House of Assembly to ask the governor to come and address it and if he fails to do so, the lawmakers should start removal process in line with the constitution. The Assembly must rise to the occasion to save the governor from further embarrasment,” the group stated.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/tension-in-taraba-over-gov-suntai/#!prettyPhoto

5 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by TreasuredGlory: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Ok; God will perfect his healing in jesus' name. Truth be told, it is usually very hard for one to voluntarily relinquish a position of honour. I just like the man sha; there was a time he came to the Redemption Camp, he gave a brief captivating address; he was so fluent and eloquent. A brilliant Governor indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by telim: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by koolet: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Ofcourse yes cos he dont even remember being a governor,even when he was a Govenor he admired Being a Pilot, he should have Resumed his Dream'post as a PILOT rather.......

7 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by lonelydora: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
The way he came down from the plane shows he is not fit

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by fingard02k(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
nigerians and power
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by TreasuredGlory: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
He is as fit as a fiddle.

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by chymystique(f): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
He shld step down peacefully.. Power is so Intoxicating dts y ets had for our politicians to step down for anybody evn on thr death bed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by ebubechukwu11: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
nawa oo..leave d bros alone na..broda Suntai go soon use him mouth say 'i don tire'..just time will tell fellas!

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by TreasuredGlory: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2013
telim: .
Eyah, try harder next time.

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by Haryoryhemie(f): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Na wa o, even though d ailing governor no longer have a mind of himself, his ppl shld kindly step him down joor afterall, him self don chop enough money.

In others news, I'm first 2 comment on FP 4 dat matter. Hard work really pays

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by TreasuredGlory: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
koolet: .
Try harder next time.

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by moscobabs(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2013
Nija..evrything is political
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by emandman: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2013
And "Mr group" *a hen who is yet to die can still still chop corn*,there4 who tell you suntai is not fit enough to embezzle sum money abi wetin d present governor dey do dia too.
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by JoelFelix(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2013
Are they the one to decide whether the governor should step down or not? please they should allow the man to decide it himself
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by bizfirst: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2013
I have long suspected another 'cabal' at work here. The man's photos clearly show someone who cannot even perform the most elementary motor actions as waving to a crowd. Why would his life be further risked for something as transient as the governorship seat? Nigerians and power!

2 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr. John Ambulus you are a JUDAS. You are being sponsored by hausa fulani oligarchs to further their jihad against your people. Why are you not in the streets of Jalingo to make these statements instead of Abuja where your masters are teleguiding you?

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by oduason: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2013
Something is fishy here,am sure its the handwork of the deputy governor who is now the acting governor,power don sweet am he no wan leave again,thereby conniving with all this useless officials like the speaker and this chief justice,by finding every means possible to impeach the duly elected governor.

3 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by DICKtator: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2013
Treasured-Glory:
Ok; God will perfect his healing in jesus' name. Truth be told, it is usually very hard for one to voluntarily relinquish a position of honour. I just like the man sha; there was a time he came to the Redemption Camp, he gave a brief captivating address; he was so fluent and eloquent. A brilliant Governor indeed!

Brillant Governor? huh? cos he gave a captivating address?

WHOOOOOA!!!!!!!

He desrves to be Governor for life!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by emperortony: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2013
the thought running on suntai mind......like
?? who send me make i go fly myself??
?? wetin manipulate me that day??
?? are these not thesame people that cliam to be my friends back then??
?? Abeg GOD rewind time make everyboby start again....

whiching u quick recovery......from my end

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by bobokelly(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Oh my God, this man dont value his life, all in the name of power and money, Africa especially Nigeria we are too greedy, he has forgotten what hqppened to late Yaradua, this man should resign to treat himself.
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by naijathings(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2013
Treasured-Glory:

what the hell do you expect from a politician ? they re all eloquent and brilliant when it is time to talk talk talk all the sh*t in their mouth. you like him because of a speech.. wait... how old are you?
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by ChemicalMallam(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2013
jerseyboy: Mr. John Ambulus you are a JUDAS. You are being sponsored by hausa fulani oligarchs to further their jihad against your people. Why are you not in the streets of Jalingo to make these statements instead of Abuja where your masters are teleguiding you?
Another fellow trying to cause religious war

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by BrightCar: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Haryoryhemie: Na wa o, even though d ailing governor no longer have a mind of himself, his ppl shld kindly step him down joor afterall, him self don chop enough money.

In others news, I'm first 2 comment on FP 4 dat matter. Hard work really pays
SUNTAI SORRY O, THE SPIRIT IS WILLING BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK, JUST STEP ASIDE LIKE IBB, LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT, GOD BLESS U SIR.

YOUNG GIRL, U HAVE TO WORK HARDER TO BE FIRST, U JUST MISSED IT AGAIN!

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by crowntoro(f): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2013
odua son: Something is fishy here,am sure its the handwork of the deputy governor who is now the acting governor,power don sweet am he no wan leave again,thereby conniving with all this useless officials like the speaker and this chief justice,by finding every means possible to impeach the duly elected governor.
abi o my brother
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by Okijajuju1(m): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2013
[b]FVCK ALL Y'ALL HATERS.. angry

Most of the Bastards calling for the governors impeachment are the same people who would drag a company to court should they be fired for taking 1 year to recover from an accident.

The truth simply is: SUNTAI IS BACK!! In another 2 - 3 weeks, over 500 Transformer would be comissioned statewide, so that Haters can start hugging them..

To all those saying 'Why did he fly himself', are you working for the NTSB?! Have they said the crash was as a result of Pilot error?! Some of you people need to stop reasoning like Lizards. angry

The Governor suffered and accident, was hospitalized, had his deputy take over the reigns in an interim capacity pending his return to fitness, it took 9 months but he made it. Tabara State should be proud to have a resilient man in charge.

Also note: There is no provision in the constitution that says that Handicapped persons cant be governor, President or in Government generally. That would be discrimination which the constitution frowns upon.

Suntai is a cat with 9 lives.. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by pricelesspearl(f): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2013
U have spoken well @ the poster above me. The deputy gov doesn't want to step down. He is now looking for every means to take full control of the seat. Power is sweet. Who doesn't want to enjoy it? LOL.
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by idris4r83(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2013
Hmmm

Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by bionicdude(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2013
he hasn't addressed d media doesn't mean he wouldn't.dis pple should rela and give d guy a chance.
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by slimming: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2013
The powerful are at their game again.
Re: Group Wants Suntai Impeached by bknight: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2013
This time around not for an already dead president but a no-cognisance zombie-like governor.

Cabals are back undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Changed My Mind After Watching Buhari's Documentary On AIT. / Ladipo Market Demolished / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Demands John Odigie-oyegun Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.