Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (104853 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2013
Hello Everyone

The purpose of this topic is to provide a support system to people trying to concieve in a holistic way.
Trying to concieve a child can be a very difficult period of ones life and because there are many factors that can cause it,its good to approach it in a multifaceted way.Natural health practitioners believe that allowing the body to go back to its normal course can solve many of the health issues mankind is battling with today,infertility inclusive.Complementing medical treatments with natural methods has been found to increase the chances of conception a lot
Approaches ,such as exercise routines,yoga, eating balanced diet,organic foods and fertility-friendly foods ,acupuncture,use of herbs are what we are going to be sharing here in order to educate and enlighten ourselves on ways to increase our chances of conception.Not leaving out those foods,acts that we engage in which hinders TTC that should be done away with .Thanks
Let the discussion begin...

5 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by AmatuRahman: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ttc is ɑ̤̥̈̊ phase of my life that  don't wish on anybody. Going through this has made me realise one needs to pay attention to a lot of things one would not ordinarily think of ξ.g your diet,your cycle etc.
Then on the herbs you get to read so many success stories of different herbal drugs that you'll wish you can just take them all at once cos you can never be sure of the one that will work for you.
But one needs to be careful too so that you do not use drug that will affect you negatively again.

3 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2013
AmatuRahman,thanx for your response. I feel you,esp. About the herbs that you feel like taking them all.lol
Its not easy dear ,you just have to keep forging ahead until you get the desired result.
As per diet, sugar is definately not a friend of TTC,but its so hard to completely eliminate.
Are you on any exercise routine(s)? Have you heard about vitex?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Ngchuks: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2013
Pls wht is vitex?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ngchuks: Pls wht is vitex?

Vitex is a herb. Also called chasteberry. It's good for ttc cos it regularises hormones in women and aids fertility.It has some other benefits too.you can google it and read about it.Are you also TTC?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Another good herb for ttc is maca.
Maca is also known as peruvian ginseng. It contains about 60 minerals and phytonutrients.
For ttc;
it supports thyroid health
It balances hormones
It increases energy, stamina and mental clarity
It improves sex.ual function.As such its usually called a natural aphrodisiac
For people having hormonal imbalance, or low se.xual function,you would want to learn more about how maca can help you.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2013
Coco diva: Another good herb for ttc is maca.
Maca is also known as peruvian ginseng. It contains about 60 minerals and phytonutrients.
For ttc;
it supports thyroid health
It balances hormones
It increases energy, stamina and mental clarity
It improves sex.ual function.As such its usually called a natural aphrodisiac
For people having hormonal imbalance, or low se.xual function,you would want to learn more about how maca can help you.
all this maca and vitex are foreign supplements,d last time i prized vitex i was told to bring 10k.pls think of readily available naija herbs,
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2013
priscaver: all this maca and vitex are foreign supplements,d last time i prized vitex i was told to bring 10k.pls think of readily available naija herbs,

My dear,these are the ones I have personally used and felt a difference from. Yes I know they are expensive.and this is because they are foreign.I know we also have herbs that are effective,but unfortunately,they are not known to the general public both in name and appearance.They are known only to the herbalists(not juju).the knowledge is passed to family members alone.besides,there's inadequate research into this native herbs that'l make the public aware of the ones that work.the best you get for now is going to the practitioners and they give you the herbal concoctions(agbo)and it even has to be on recommendations lest they hand you something else.(Naija for you).But all hope is not lost,we may have people that can educate us on here.nobody's an island of knowledge.pls whoever knows should educate us.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
nice job.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Ngchuks: 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
@honiepie i appreciate ur care in ttc thread but pls do u kn wht i can do 2 regain myslf, i lost blood much i saw af 2tms wt hvy flow.infact i wnt 2 hv myslf back.thnks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2013
Honiepie24: nice job.

Thanks dear, looking forward to wonderful contributions from you.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Ngchuks: @honiepie i appreciate ur care in ttc thread but pls do u kn wht i can do 2 regain myslf, i lost blood much i saw af 2tms wt hvy flow.infact i wnt 2 hv myslf back.thnks

As you await response from honiepie,you can prepare ugwu extract and drink.like three times a week.it works like a charm. Buy the leaves,wash clean and wring with your hands until the extracts from the leaves come out.then drink.its a natural blood tonic.But have you found out why AF came twice?that's necessary so that you can prevent a re-occurence.All the best

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
@diva,tnx dear dats a gud suggestion.@ngchuks get organic unsulphured black strap mollasses,take one table spoon 3times daily in warm water.have a pleasant day.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Garden eggs leaves is also good for increasn blood count pcv. Check With igbo women that sell stuffs, use as the ugu as well.
Nice one cocolicious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Ngchuks: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2013
@All thnks, u hv been the only sis,friend,advicer God bless una...,.@honipie chukwu gozie gi...oo.dnt worry 4 intprt
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2013
@ng baby,abum nwa afo igbo,hahaha chukwu gozie too.tnk u lov
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
VENUSS: Garden eggs leaves is also good for increasn blood count pcv. Check With igbo women that sell stuffs, use as the ugu as well.
Nice one cocolicious.

Thanx, Venuss,good to have you. Nice tip, dint know garden egg leaves is also good for the blood.
You got me cracking with the "licious" lol
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Honiepie24: @diva,tnx dear dats a gud suggestion.@ngchuks get organic unsulphured black strap mollasses,take one table spoon 3times daily in warm water.have a pleasant day.

I'm interested in knowing more about this black strap mollases. What is it, what is it used for and where can one get it. And if you have a pix,please put it up.thanks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
@diva hw do i xplain wat bsm means?in one word its a cure all,jus lik apple cider vinegar,its able to shrink fibroid nd correct lots of oda finz,while vinegar in combination wit somefin else can flush kidney stone,maybe if u said wat ur medical worry is we wud knw if its a product 4 u.happy sunday all.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2013
Thanks @honiepie, I was just curious. I'v just started hearing about it .Not sure if it'l be useful for me.for now,I'v been taking lots of fruits and veggies and it's been helping.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Our Nigerian sisters, unsung heroines. I wish you all the best in your journeys TTC. It shall be well with you all.

5 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
Thanks Siena ,and Amen to the prayer. smiley
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by herbscure02(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2013
Another alternative method for any women that is looking for pregnancy, in yoruba land in life of our forefathers, when the woman is free from disease of "Eda ibule or oro", "iju", "menstruation problem" and any other problems that affecting women to conceive, the next option for them is to do "ASEJE" or AGUNMU ALASEJE which the women will use to prepare soup or with Akamu after her menstruation, by God grace she will conceive i the following mth or 2nd mth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by MarJuly(f): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2013
@ coco, when is the best time to take vitex, before/after period or ovulation if you are already trying.

Pls is there any test to check if someone cervix is hostile to sperm
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2013
@mar hw r u?dint get to hear frm u again.vitex cud b taken tru d month,but u r adviced to stop once ur af starts nd continue maybe two days after af,durin dis period u allow ur af to cleanse ur body naturally.cervical hostility does happen wen a lady has poor or high acid based food,infection in d lower reproduction organ,very thin or scanty cervical mucus,the best way to help make ur cervis more friendly is to buy or rather use sperm friendly lubricant,the best is preseed,or conceive plus.it makes d vijayjay less acidic.pls browse and findout foods dat r less acidic to help alkalize ur body.a body whose ph is between 0 and 6.5 is acidic nd highly prone to sickness,infact it magnets all sorts of illness,wen d ph is at 7 its neutral,dat means ur body is ok,bt wen it moves from 7 to between 7:5 nd 14 its alkaline,d higher it goes from 7.5 d more alkaline it becomes,d body has d potential to heal its self by increasin d alkaline nature,bt dnt stay too long in very alkaline state,its got its bad side too.i hope i dint confuse u d more?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 10:49am On Sep 11, 2013
@mar hw r u?dint get to hear frm u again.vitex cud b taken tru d month,but u r adviced to stop once ur af starts nd continue maybe two days after af,durin dis period u allow ur af to cleanse ur body naturally.cervical hostility does happen wen a lady has poor or high acid based food,infection in d lower reproduction organ,very thin or scanty cervical mucus,the best way to help make ur cervis more friendly is to buy or rather use sperm friendly lubricant,the best is preseed,or conceive plus.it makes d vijayjay less acidic.pls browse and findout foods dat r less acidic to help alkalize ur body.a body whose ph is between 0 and 6.5 is acidic nd highly prone to sickness,infact it magnets all sorts of illness,wen d ph is at 7 its neutral,dat means ur body is ok,bt wen it moves from 7 to between 7:5 nd 14 its alkaline,d higher it goes from 7.5 d more alkaline it becomes,d body has d potential to heal its self by increasin d alkaline nature,bt dnt stay too long in very alkaline state,its got its bad side too.i hope i dint confuse u d more?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2013
@Marjuly, there are actually two views on the issue of using vitex,one says use up until ovulation and stop,and the other says you can use all through your cycle.
I lean more towards use all through your cycle cos other research as shown that it doesn't hurt anything.Just make sure to test after every two weeks wait so that you know for sure if you'v concieved and then you stop immediately.
Yes,there is a test to check if you have a hostile cervical mucus.I don't know what its called,you can ask your doc,though most gynae in Nigeria don't take it into consideration,but funnily ,that's the only issue some people have and they don't know it. Its more of an immunological thing tho'
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2013
@cocodiva and honeipie, pls where can I get all of this herbs/supplement. Good quality and at an affordable rate. Thanks. Royal Jelly
-Castor Oil and Wool Flannel to use with
it
-Wheat Grass packets
-Melatonin
-Pregnitude
-DHEA
-CoQ10
-L-Arganine
-The following tinctures:
-Liquorice root
-Black cohosh
-Maca
-Female Libido Tonic (Shatavari)
-Chaste Tree/vitex
-Redraspberry tea
-Red Clover
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
@venus, at gnc,gud combination is there a blockage?i recommend d user shud first do a detox(lik d sayin goes,no mata hw much u wash a plate in a dirty sinc,it can neva turn out clean)buy edmark shake off,detox once daily 4 12days,during this period take lots of anti oxidant fruits(strawberries,blackberries,goji,blueberries,acai berries,purple berries etc)luckily dey r quite cheap in nija,tk mag.supplement tru dis period,i lov d fact u included castor oil,get d pack dat got cloth in it,after takin ur berries nd detox,place d castor oil cloth on ur abdomen nd place hot water bottle over it,gently it wil sip in and heal d scars,inflammation etc,acv is another big hit,infact generally u r on point wit d prescription,bt dnt stuff dem all @ once.do d detox nd anti oxidant wit castor oil first,lets start frm dere.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
@honiepie sweetie, I think you got me wrong. I just wanted to know if you have idea of how I can source for these stuffs. Thanks very much for your effort.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
my response was gnc,its a name of a drug shop.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Honiepie24: my response was gnc,its a name of a drug shop.
Oh, I was wondering what gnc meant. Tanks so much dearie. Pls where is the location.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Ten Reasons Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Indomie / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.