Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies (26299 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Mikethesaint(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
this can only happen in nigerian style of democracy. welcome home and continue with your birthright my oga at the topmost top.....i pledge to nigeria my country.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Dogzimalon: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
for those okada people that were jubilating that he is dead i laugh in latin .he has come to poses his possession
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by slap1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
A mad man has removed normal people from office.

1 Like

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
omenka: As the judiciary and Abuja keep mum over this ongoing treason, they tacitly give nod to it's recurence.

Until we rise above ethnoreligious politicking, real change and development would forever elude us.
do u think it is possible? religion na politics. that explain rises of political islam.that is why i shun politics
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by mbulela: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
omenka: As the judiciary and Abuja keep mum over this ongoing treason, they tacitly give nod to it's recurence.

Until we rise above ethnoreligious politicking, real change and development would forever elude us.

Abuja is keeping mum because it might be there turn to exploit this illegality tomorrow.
If they find a loophole to enable them rule from the grave,they will shamelessly use it.
This whole game called democracy is about greedily exploiting and perpetuating power and its corrupt fruit. Any other thing is an accidental by product.

1 Like

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Dejiro(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
There is no governance going on in Taraba that Suntai, even in his present state cannot provide. During the last entrance exams into Unity secondary schools in Nigeria, cut-off marks for Taraba state boys was 3 over 200 while that of Anambra was 139. To continue to produce this kind of result doesn't require any Governor beyond Suntai's capability.
Source: www.ohnigeria.com

3 Likes

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by deols(f): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
People never learn sha.

You'd think Turai presented the perfect example
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by AnanseK(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Frank-C:

The law was just recently ammended after the Late Yar'Adua saga. It is the collective wisdom of the Nigerians, via the NA that the Governor does not need to address his State when he resumes from 'prolonged vacation' so that 'everybody goes to rest'.

As I stated earlier, a Governor does not have to be physically strong to run his State. All that is needed to run a State is a sound mind to give orders. I cannot prove that Suntai is strong, neither can i prove otherwise. So do other commentators here, so why talk with a tone of finality that a treason has been carried out? For your information, President Jonathan did not write or necessarily sign the letter that sacked the youth minister. He gave orders to SGF and he carried it out. How is that different from Suntai's situation?

You are singling out Suntai because you think that he is not physically strong. Physical strenght is not a precondition for governorship position in Nigeria, and no politicain, including those who disagree with me will resign from their office when they want to go and undergo cancer treatment or after experiencing an accident. Most of you guys here believed everything you read about Chime and PEJ. I can assure you that not even everything you heard about the Late President Yar'Adua is true.

Yes I agree with you. He doesn't have to be strong to rule, he doesn't need to address the state assembly, the public, the media or anybody, he doesn't even have to have a sound mind. Nobody resigns his post for only one years illness and away from office, in fact no one should resign his office when he is dead. Not all said about Yar Adua is true. Yar'Adua did not resign and he is still ruling the country through Jonathan. You don't have to be there to govern, you can even be dead, you can do it from the grave and why not?

3 Likes

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by doctokwus: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You better accept that not all commentators around these parts are open to reason.
I mean, one even tagged me an Islamic fundamentalist for highlighting the governor's diminished cognitive skills, just for the fun of it. So conceited are this lot that, for them, there is no contradiction between their loathing for the cabal which pushed our Nation to the point of precipice not so long ago, and the support they now provide to its equivalent in Taraba state.
It is sad dat many in nigeria still reason based on parochial interests,viz,ethnicity,religion,& this has blinded many to facts,even wen it stares dem in d face.This is a govnor whose wife prevented security operatives,govt officials frm visiting him wt d excuse dat he nids 72hrs rest,yet within 36hrs he has taken mind challenging decisions dat evn fully fit individuals take far longer time 2come up wt.
My hypothesis is dis:pple close 2 d govnor by proxy want2 take decisions dat wi stabilize their hold on power,using d cover of his office;as soon as dey achieve dis,dey spirit him back to d states to continue his treatment,den continue ruling d state by proxy till 2015.
Its an hypothesis& I hope am proved wrong

6 Likes

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by badesco(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
Guyman02:

You sabi book. As long as he is not mentally incapacitated nothing unusual here; the constitution does not stop physically challenged from holding any office in Nigeria.

you are correct.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by kabba7(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
As the judiciary and Abuja keep mum over this ongoing treason, they tacitly give nod to it's recurence.
AaaaaaaaAaaaaaaA
Nigerian government will never learn ,this was how boko haram started in borno some People keep snoringin, drinking ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ eating in Abuja until the whole country is enveloped in the problem now a half dead body is disolving a state sooner than later strange stories will start coming in .
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Esiere: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
All these letters coming out of Mr Suntai's pocket should be investigated and if found that it is the wife writing them....then that is lawlessness at its peak. It is high time all these first ladies realize their limit and should not take the law and nigerian sensibilities for granted.

Not surprised anyway.....they have turned politics into DO-OR-DIE
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Manred0(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Frank-C:

What exactly is legally treasonable about what just happened? Learn to isolate 'how you feel' from facts before you when you want to reach conclusions. The consititution we are operating empowers him to resume his office by just writing a letter to the HOA when he returns. This letter is only a notification that he has resumed, not a permission.

Besides, the guy may be physically weak but mentally and psychologically strong. Neither you nor I are doctors or psychologists to de-certify him. Even if doctors or psychologists must do this, there are legal ways to go about it.

Again, he was elected by Tarabans to be their governor. When they are tired of him, the law demand that they should prevail on their HOA members to impeach him. He was away for 8 months and the HOA could not even raise the motion.

Politically speaking, sacking his cabinet is a very strong political statement, indicating who is the Governor. He needs to press the reset button and reassemble his team.

Finally, Nigerian law does not seem to be against the physically challenged running for an office. It is actually against mentally challenged taking charge of Taraban affairs. For now, the doctors has not confirmed Suntai to be mentally challenged.
chai, another Suntai on the move
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Montaque(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
Teei-Wi:
Naigeria is a failed state!!!...who are the lunatics behind all this mess
yes,it is Naigeria dats a failed state,not our beloved country Nigeria. Or better still,go and hide inside an aeroplane dat will take you to Syria.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Manred0(m): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
jimmysho: cant but agree that this is a smart move politically and no sane man can fault it
. Only mad people will agree with this

1 Like

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by mygem: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
The easiest way to assess this guy is to gather group of pry 1 kids and allow him to tutor them.pls naija this guy needs rest for him to recover if he continues the stress of the state will worsen his condition.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by anuoro: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
It depend
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Manred0(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
slap1: A mad man has removed normal people from office.
. I tell you
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
Keneking: Person wey dey mental no fit act like this...

Click like if you think the governor is really mental. grin
Beta pray assu call of strike so dt your post utme result go commot quickly and you go grow up in the process
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Montaque(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
legal issues cooking... Whether a governor,whose letter of fitness is yet undebated,after a 10months absense,can make changes in the governmental structure or carry out official functions.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Smooyis(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Frank-C:

What exactly is legally treasonable about what just happened? Learn to isolate 'how you feel' from facts before you when you want to reach conclusions. The consititution we are operating empowers him to resume his office by just writing a letter to the HOA when he returns. This letter is only a notification that he has resumed, not a permission.

Besides, the guy may be physically weak but mentally and psychologically strong. Neither you nor I are doctors or psychologists to de-certify him. Even if doctors or psychologists must do this, there are legal ways to go about it.

Again, he was elected by Tarabans to be their governor. When they are tired of him, the law demand that they should prevail on their HOA members to impeach him. He was away for 8 months and the HOA could not even raise the motion.

Politically speaking, sacking his cabinet is a very strong political statement, indicating who is the Governor. He needs to press the reset button and reassemble his team.

Finally, Nigerian law does not seem to be against the physically challenged running for an office. It is actually against mentally challenged taking charge of Taraban affairs. For now, the doctors has not confirmed Suntai to be mentally challenged.
But if he was mentally ok, why was he shielded from the press on arrival? Why was he not able to utter any word after such a long time away? Even if he were to be my biological brother, i would honestly advise him to leave the scene and take care of his health. Politics is not a do or die among the civilized people of the world. His doctors and other medical staff back int he USA who know much about his medical case would be laughing and making a mockery of our negative mentality abd foolish obsession for political positions.

1 Like

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by gbigbega: 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
How come all the unbelievable and ridiculous political "jingosa" ( I just formed my own english word) in nigeria is happening during GEJ time President? And culprit seem to get away with it.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by gbagyiza: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
chai, dere is no hope 4 dis country.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by maasoap(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
Frank-C:

Who are 26 morrons that like this comment.

1 Like

Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by rman: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sunatai, just like Yaradua.

Nigeria is a huge joke!
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Okimski(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju: WAY TO GO SUNTAI!!!

All disloyal cabinet members need to go... All those cabinet members who capitalized on his absence to fvck up the state need to go. All those members that thought he was dead need to go..

This is a strong political move..

Next!! A 'State of the Union' address from him to shut all critics up..

I'm loving the 2nd coming of Suntai way too much.. grin
A very bigg fool nai u be
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Assonite(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
Let's hear wot HON. PATRICK OBAHIAGBON has to say abt dis. grin
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by wengerjay(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
Mo riran wo lagege,Aja wo ewu,o tun ro aso.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by teskyg: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
Suntai is taking his time to access all the traitors and his real friends.Mark my words,the speaker has goofed.The smartest person is his Deputy Governor who still maintained a showdow loyalty to Suntai.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
when will suntai appear before the media - abi madam is scouting for ventriloquists and illusionists cheesy

remember this?
this was in jan 2011. wazobia reporters joke has become eerily prophetic - there is a log of wood in govt house

http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Danbaba-Danfulani-Suntai,-governor-of-Taraba-state,-to-be-replaced-with-a-polished-pieced-of-wood

Who is he? Anyone?

Jalingo – Plans have been concluded by frustrated residents of Taraba state to replace their less-than-active governor with a polished piece of wood.

A source within the Aggrieved Residents of Taraba committee asked wazobiareport.com a simple question: “Have you people ever heard of Danbaba Danfulani Suntai?"

Unfortunately we had no
idea who he was talking about until we managed to google his name on Bing.

The inactive governor of Taraba state is said to be solely focused on being unfocused, and like his political colleague Obj, he simply does not give a damn.

This explains why not many have heard this strange name outside of Taraba state.

Residents have therefore insisted on replacing the governor with a polished piece of wood, because although it (the piece of wood) might be almost as inactive as the current governor on issues of governance and progress, it will also remain inactive with the state treasury, which is more than can be said about the current administration.

Meanwhile, the situation in Taraba appears to have sparked a dangerous trend in the nation as citizens have began to clamor for the replacement of political figures with various objects and
animals.

The residents of Oyo state appear to favor an old pair of jeans to replace their current governor, while the Idoma people of Benue state were said to have embraced a carpenter’s hammer and a very
big goat to replace the governor and senate president respectively.

Residents of Abia state are said to be interested in replacing their current governor with absolutely nothing.

The people’s choices of replacement for their leaders appear to reflect exactly how they feel about them.

“I will rather be led by a lifeless stick and a brainless goat in their real form than a lifeless stick and a brainless goat disguised as a human being,” said one of the protesters.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by kinguwem: 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
Frank-C:

What exactly is legally treasonable about what just happened? Learn to isolate 'how you feel' from facts before you when you want to reach conclusions. The consititution we are operating empowers him to resume his office by just writing a letter to the HOA when he returns. This letter is only a notification that he has resumed, not a permission. Besides, the guy may be physically weak but mentally and psychologically strong. Neither you nor I are doctors or psychologists to de-certify him. Even if doctors or psychologists must do this, there are legal ways to go about it.

Your comment is thought provoking. The Speaker of the TSHA made a blunder by demanding the Governor to appear in the House. It shows the calibre of leaders in the state. He has no business in the House.
Re: Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies by Policewoman(f): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
T-john:
The ailing governor of Taraba State, Danbaba Suntai has dissolved the state executive council. Also sent packing are all special advisers but not special assistants.

Governor Suntai has also approved the appointment of Mr. Gebon Timothy Kataes as the Secretary to the State Government, while Mallam Aminu Gika is the new Chief of Staff.

All commissioners have been directed to hand over to their respective permanent secretaries while the special advisers are to hand over to the Government House.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/08/28/breaking-news-governor-suntai-dissolves-state-exco
I thought he was a vegetable. I smell the hand of esau (suntai) but the voice of Jacob (Mrs Suntai). cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / "Buhari Will Win 2019 Elections" - Eurasia Group, Foreign Firm Says / Akeredolu Returns From Thailand, Frowns At Illegal Cultivation Of Cannabis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.