Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Union Homes Continued Closure. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Homes Continued Closure. (1651 Views)

CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / Union Homes Offer / Union Homes Records N1bn Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Homes Continued Closure. by dadicvila(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2013
I don't really know the section to put this thread in but I just feel it will be best in general section since we don't have a section for banking or banks.....for close to a month now,Union Homes branches across the nation have been under lock and key(Union homes is a subsidiary of Union Bank,I am sure not everybody have heard of them),leaving their customers across the nation stranded.For some reasons I kant fathom it hasn't made headlines and nobody is talking about it so I am using this medium to create awareness and inform the general public about this ugly trend.I am sure if it was any of the more popular finiancial institutions like First bank,GT Bank or Zenith bank the world must have heard about it by now.I spoke with a worker of the bank and he told me NLC closed down the bank because the management of the bank refused to pay severance packages to many of their former staffs that were wrongly laid off....I am really disturbed as this ugly development has really affected me negatively because I kept my Nysc savings in that bank I really needed that money to start up a small time business,let me stop preaching now.........MODS please do well to take this thread to the front Page so it will get the much needed publicity,all we need is a solution so we can withdraw our money as soon as possible.....
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by noblementor: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is not good at all. They should find a way of paying their customers, a lot of customers are complaining bitterly. Hope they will still call off the strike?
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by dadicvila(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
noblementor: This is not good at all. They should find a way of paying their customers, a lot of customers are complaining bitterly. Hope they will still call off the strike?
my brother no word from them till date ooo!people are really complaining,lots of 2012 batchB corpers in enugu kept their savings in that bank,I felt Nysc should have taken the matter to the CBN by now but it seems they too don't care.. .I wonder how long this will continue.....MODS oooo!please take this thread to the front page,if to say na Totoh decay now e for make front page without any comment
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by naijacutee(f): 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hi, what does Union Homes do, and how are their customers losing out? Please explain for those of us who don't know.
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by jta2012(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hi fellow nairalanders,UNION HOMES is a mortgage bank that was established to mobilize savings for people to build ,buy,renovate and also engage in commercial investment in public housing for ,but it also has the mandate to mobilize savings from the general public .
This is where some of our corpers come in and keep their monthly allowanace and the challenges they are now facing because
of bad labour policies of our banking institutions .
This brings to the front burner the recent gross and unjust treatment melted out to the former staff of AFRIBANK now MAINSTREET bank by FAITHLESS FAITH when ONE YEAR GRATUITY was paid instead of 10 - 30years outstanding settlement!!!

Thanks.
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by jta2012(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hi fellow nairalanders,UNION HOMES is a mortgage bank that was established to mobilize savings for people to build ,buy,renovate and also engage in commercial investment in public housing,but it also has the mandate to mobilize savings from the general public .
This is where some of our corpers come in and keep their monthly allowance and the challenges they are now facing because
of bad labour policies of our banking institutions .
This brings to the front burner the recent gross and unjust treatment melted out to the former staff of AFRIBANK now MAINSTREET bank by FAITHLESS FAITH when ONE YEAR GRATUITY was paid instead of 10 - 30years outstanding settlement!!!

Thanks.
Re: Union Homes Continued Closure. by noblementor: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
I believe the management of unionhomes and staff should find another way of resolving this crisis since they claim that the parent bank(unionbank) is partly their problem. They should remember that even if unionhomes is to be sold, that is not a problem provided the depositors money is safe and available and they should stop scaring their customers.

For any financial institution to stand, they will need the patronage of good investors and depositors.

They should dialogue and call off this strike before they tarnish their(unionhomes) image. Note that Unionbank plc may be affected directly or indirectly if this strike persist.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen Any Of These Brand? Proof That Foreigners Are Taking Over Nigeria / Adsense Palaver / Universal Plastic Buckets For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.