Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o (24510 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Words To Chelsea Fc In 2004 / Samuel Eto'o Give His 33,000 Euro Watch To Recordman Usain Bolt / Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by apoti(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chelsea have signed Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o on a free transfer from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

The 32-year-old joins the Premier League team on a one-year-deal.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was Eto'o's boss at Inter Milan when they won the Champions League in 2010.

"It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it," Eto'o said.

"I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible."

Mourinho moved for Eto'o after two Chelsea bids for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney were rejected.

Earlier this week, it emerged Rooney was not prepared to force a move by handing in a formal transfer request, effectively ending the Blues's hopes of signing the England striker.

Four-time African Footballer of the Year Eto'o was a key part of Mourinho's Champions League-winning Inter side, and became the highest-paid player in the world when he moved to Anzhi in 2011.

The Russian club have also sold Brazil attacking midfielder Willian, 25, to Chelsea after their billionaire owner Suleyman Kerimov decided to significantly reduce the club's budget.

Eto'o started his career at Real Madrid but was loaned out to Leganes and Real Mallorca before making a permanent move to Mallorca in 1999.

The striker, part of the Cameroon team that lifted the African Nations Cup in 2002, won the Copa del Rey before joining Barcelona in 2004 .

During his time at the Nou Camp, he won the Champions League twice - in 2006 and 2009 - scoring in both finals, as well as winning the Spanish league three times.

In 2009, Barcelona paid Inter Milan £40m plus Eto'o for Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the striker went on to win the Champions League again in his first season under Mourinho at the San Siro.

He joined Anzhi, where he reportedly earned £167,825 a week, in 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23873089
http://sportshandler..co.uk/2013/08/chelsea-have-completed-signing-of.html

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hmmmmm Chelsea is following the path of Manchester City and Real Madrid.
Sometimes, signing experienced and popular players won't guarantee you UEFA Champions League Cup or even the League title.
Well, this all makes the competition tougher.
Chelsea now have world class squad and coach.
To whom much is given, much is expected.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Na front page material be this o
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wow...my favourite footballer from Africa. Welcome to EPL. Twilight of his career as he is in, the Eto'o I am a fan of will still notch 15 EPL goals this season? Wanna ...?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Willgates(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
welcome back to fame
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by briliantsak(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Jollyakat(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Samuel Eto V all d way

If u know any1 travelln or moving towards seme border in along badagry road... Pls holla @ him or her to make a turn aroun cos there is a brutal conflict btw custom and firewar right now... More dan 50 customs officers have bn confirmed dead.. Save a Soul,plz re-broadcast asap.

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by rotexsky(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Welcome on board the most decorated player in Africa,blues all the way, in other news I am 4th to comment,God you are too great
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Born2beRich1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
UP CHELSEA!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yay! Dancing Kukere
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by 9jvirgin(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
The greatest news for Chelsea. What a signing for a team that is hungry for trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by PHIPEX(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Good for Eto but what is the logic in selling Drogba to buy Eto?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Jollyakat(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Samuel Eto V all d way

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Up chelsea grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Joenyam(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Eto'o is good, experienced. But i thought Chelsea will get a young vibrant player in the likes of Rooney, cos Ba is not connecting, n Lukaku only forms at top man. Wish u luck Eto'o, make ur last days count.
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jollyakat: Samuel Eto V all d way

If u know any1 travelln or moving towards seme border in along badagry road... Pls holla @ him or her to make a turn aroun cos there is a brutal conflict btw custom and firewar right now... More dan 50 customs officers have bn confirmed dead.. Save a Soul,plz re-broadcast asap.
Huh! Who are FIREWARS abeg. Peeps take note abeg o!
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by andyanders: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus: Wow...my favourite footballer from Africa. Welcome to EPL. Twilight of his career as he is in, the Eto'o I am a fan of will still notch 15 EPL goals this season? Wanna ...?

So happy to have Eto back to my club
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
What for? End time tins

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by SwitAyi(f): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chelsea all the way...
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by jhydebaba(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by atine777(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
PHIPEX: Good for Eto but what is the logic in selling Drogba to buy Eto?
It is the emergence of the ONLY ONE:Jose Mourinho
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by farells(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
Dis must b a END TIME TINZ

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
PHIPEX: Good for Eto but what is the logic in selling Drogba to buy Eto?
Actual;ly doesnt make sense. Both old, both of almost experience, and bring almost same to team.
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by ReubenAbati: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Endtime signs cry

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by wonderboyjay: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Why do people keep saying end time things, so many funny people on NL, anyway blue blood runs in my vein. #gbam
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by moonme(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Authentic jersey!!! Quality suede customizing!!! 72hrs delivery nationwide.we are the trusted hand doing this.... CONTACTS:BB 2682CD1F, Whatsapp 08081599157 |Hotline:08075500391,Email:Edgesjersey44@gmail.com Instagram;edgesjersey

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yeeeeeey *dancing skelewu*

Welcome Eto, I ve always dreamt of seeing u on d prestigious blue jersey.
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by ckkris: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Eto'o, like Mo, has more winning attitude than Drogba.
Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
Waoooo, Samuel ..... I love Samuel !!

He woulda reject the offer of one year if not for Jose ....... Really, Jose is the best Football Manager in the whole world !!

Jose players have this kinda emotional attachment to him despite his craze style !!!

I so wish Eto can become Chelsea Legend as Didier Scorer Drogba, The Okanlomo Of Chelsea !!!

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by andyanders: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
wonderboyjay: Why do people keep saying end time things, so many funny people on NL, anyway blue blood runs in my vein. #gbam

People that their brain has been cloned by the demon were the ones saying " End Time" No normal person will be talking of end time in football

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
o boy na wa o, he cum play football or he cum collect pension?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone / Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.