Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate (878 Views)

Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Google Translate Adds Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa To It's Languages / Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Google is working to add
Somali, Zulu, Hausa,
Yoruba and Igbo to its
existing language options
in Google Translate at the
moment.
A post published to the
Google Africa page on
Google+ is asking for
volunteers to help evaluate
the quality of its current
machine translation
system.
Google Translate supports
71 different languages at
the moment, but Google
now hopes to add some of
its most “promising” African
languages by leveraging the
expertise of the Google+
community.
Users can rate passages
translated into English, and
vice versa. After assessing
the quality of the work,
volunteers can categorize it
as Excellent, Good, Fair and
Poor, before moving on to
another example.
It’s difficult to ascertain
how far away Google is
from actually introducing
these languages to Google
Translate, but it’s a clear
indicator that the company
is keen to expand the
product and support as
many users as possible in
Africa.

www.thenextweb.com/google/2013/08/27/google-is-working-to-bring-somali-zulu-hausa-yoruba-and-igbo-to-google-translate/
Re: Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is nice. I can't wait...I see some Nairalanders using it play their trade of being from where they're no actually from.
Re: Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Very interesting piece of news.
Re: Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by EkoAtlantic: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Awesome.

Omo Yoruba lemio swagger. grin

We own three of the five African Languages. Cool...
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by dont8(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Good news, I visited one foreign forum, 3 of Nigerian languages were recognised.

I am proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate by Tolexander: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is good.
At least i will now be able to translate any abuse on me in igbo and hausa language to my language.

(1) (Reply)

. / You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) / Please Can AnyOne Tell Me The Name Of The Template Vanguard use on Their Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.