Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? (7687 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Amaechi Slams Wike Over False Claims Of Vandalisation And Looting... / Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by XVIER(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by collynzo2(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2013
La Rochelle: @ OP, I'm sorry for derailing but there's no such word as VANDALISATION, it's VANDALISM. I think you should correct it.
@ all, I was directing my comment to the OP, I don't want to see any insulting comment on this. Thanks.
What kind of dictionary do you use? You are a big fool.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by azpekuliar: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Jeezyy: End time tins

Your end is nigh ooo... cheesy
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Bizibi(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2013
The only problem with nigeria is nigerians.no other problem apart from dat one

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Tayeni(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2013
princesammmy: in the wake of the recent privatisation of PHCN, vandalisation of Transformers and other PHCN properties is currently on the increase, In my area we woke up and discovered our transformer has been badly vandalised and it does not look like whoever is responsible has intention of selling the items cause they where badly destroyed. Even the oil was allowed to leak away, this bring the number of Transformers to about seven in our area alone. So i want to ask.
Is it going on in your area too? And
could a common thief attempt destroying a transformer and what could they have benefited by doing this?
this is getting serious. My neighborhood just finished d collection of fund for the repair of a vandalized tranformer(170k). I don't trust anybody...it could b d retired staff, the opposition, thieves or d government herself( in some twisted reverse psychology style). because d last body you would ever suspect would b d govt.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by macdelene(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Y u dey ask us this kind qtn? U no knw say na dem we're knw na dem sabi na dem take am?
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2013
If you aaaaasssskkkk meeeeee Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩̩̩̥a who I go assssskkkkk? The mata wen we seeee soooo e tey wen e starrrt. No be me go talk am, e heavy for mouth (singing Omawumi)
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by ono(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2013
theoctopus: In the last few weeks, the power situation in my area has deteriorated badly. I went to see the manager of PHCN in my area and was very sad and disappointed in what he said. He said the problem was a system fault somewhere close to our area but what pissed me off was when I engaged him in the current takeover and payoff going on. He told me clearly that once he receives his payment alert, he will stop coming to work immediately. I asked him if he would not hand over to the new guys and he told me clearly that he was not interested in any hand over.

Bad government has become an excuse for Nigerians. Most Nigerians are wicked, unpatriotic and heartless. Here are men who the government has started paying millions in payoff but are unwilling to do their jobs. I just found out that the present takeover process has grossly affected power all over the nation because the present staff have completely abandoned their posts. They just want to collect their money and go and are not even interested in keeping things working till the new owners takeover. we are our own worst enemies. Many of these people are our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews and inlaws. They are not people from other countries. It is very sad

We Nigerians are the enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by playahP(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju: Suspect List..

1. Ex-PHCN Staff

2. Recently laid-off PHCN Staff

3. Ex-Militants

4. Vandals..

5. ACN|APC|CPC|ANPP Supporters & Politicians.. angry

I stay in GRA ikeja and this has been a rampant occurence.
Though the vandals do not destroy the transformers, they take one big wire like that and I think they re-sell it.

We had to move the transformer within the compound and GRA residents decided to start up a security watch.. We hired a private security team to patrol GRA.

So far, the vandalism has reduced (to d best of my knowledge)
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Tayeni(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju: Suspect List..

1. Ex-PHCN Staff

2. Recently laid-off PHCN Staff

3. Ex-Militants

4. Vandals..

5. ACN|APC|CPC|ANPP Supporters & Politicians.. angry
6. Fed Govt(PDP)
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by deb(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
gregg2: APC agents are sabotaging every effort of FG at improving Power, then running back to the media to shout about unstable Power supply.

This type of low level of reasoning discourages me from coming to nairaland sometimes.

Anyway its a common knowledge that people dealing in Diesel and generator businesses at the highlest levels are the biggets sabouteurs, a lot of them even from the ruling party that some bigots are blindly defending. Mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by donpope1(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Buhari , Tinubu and their agents!

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2013
nora544: The problem is in nigeria the religion because they teach not the right things.

that is why so many don't respect each other every body want only get money quick and fast, because it is also a sin when you take something away which belong to the country, he is a thief, did any pastor preach about something like that in the church no because this brings no money to him.

When something happen like this and a pastor preach to his followers that this is not right it will take time but the people will learn.

The problem is that nigerians have no respect to things which belong not to them, so they don't need to take care of this, but christian should know this it is written in the bible but why pastors don't preach it.

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by deb(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2013
gregg2: APC agents are sabotaging every effort of FG at improving Power, then running back to the media to shout about unstable Power supply.

This type of low level of reasoning discourages me from coming to nairaland sometimes.

Anyway its a common knowledge that people dealing in Diesel and generator businesses at the highlest levels are the biggest sabouteurs and a lot of them even from the ruling party that some bigots are blindly defending. Mtscheeew!
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by theoctopus: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
deb:

Anyway its a common knowledge that people dealing in Diesel and generator businesses at the highlest levels are the biggets sabouteurs, a lot of them even from the ruling party that some bigots are blindly defending. Mtscheeew!

As much I would not directly accuse the opposition because there is no clear proof of that, I will not rule them out of it too. The kind of politics being played in Nigeria is shameful. Even you folks here on NL are a good example. You rejoice whenever something bad happens because it gives you a reason to push your own political agenda. You try and rubbish any good thing that the government does because you dont want the government to succeed so your own people can take over. What is different between what you are doing here on NL and what the vandals are doing out there? Nothing!

7 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Bright2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
My area is always busy 24/7 guys don't sleep so no room for vandals am not suspecting APC's agent either. Ask the landlord association of that your area if they contracted the installations of those transformers without paying the contractors complete for a very long time.I saw nothing but vengance tongue
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by ggood: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Old PHCN staffs are now busy to apply with falsification of credentials i naija i hail una.

they all want to work with the newly privatize company
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ OP your transformer was vandalise but ours has been stolen,We are currently running gen.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Knight86(m): 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Thank God, here our own transformer is within someones compound.

This is just to show you that Nigerians are the greatest enemy of Nigeria. You solve one problem, the mostly evil Nigerians create another 2 problems. They come here and complain of lack of power, corruption, bad governance, and crude oil theft, bla, bla but they themselves are thieves, irresponsible, unpatriotic, criminal minded, and evil.

Anyway, I hope this thread makes front page so people can become more aware and guard whatever is remaining. What a shame!
KPAKAM!! You just hit the nail on the head!! #truth
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by victorv12(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Some of the PHCN officials are yet to be paid, and soon, most of them will be laid off regarding the privatization of the powerhouses in Nigeria. Most of them sacrificed their lives and served for nothing, and to those that were paid, they paid them meagerly fees to move on .

So what do we expect? They most express their grievances if nobody is coming to their aid by vandalizing, stealing and swearing for the private investors that came to steal their jobs away!
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by niyiebione: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
chymystique:

R u Okay?? End time go soon kill u... Watsup end tym wif dis topic

Dis guy call End Time Is mumu, everytin na end time if e papa die now na end time
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by anonimi: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
XVIER: Thought they have started paying phcn staffs severance package but my papa never collect or could he have been hiding it from us in the family. cos i cant just wait to sayo with the money since there is nothing to buy again. he already own two houses, cars, has 3 graduates with good and well paid jobs. just only me remaining in school a part 3 student of OAU. so what else??

Your dad has really done well.
Have you ever wondered how much his salary & allowances was all these years to have:

- two houses
- carS
- 3 graduates with good & well paid jobs

and how that is linked (in one way or another) to the lack of electricity in Nigeria

I hope sey when you don shayo finish with your papa im severance pay you nor go dey there dey yab GEJ sey im dey corrupt with im wife and other politicians too.
Permit me to advise you to check the dictionary for the meaning of HYPOCRITE.

6 Likes

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Knight86(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
angry
XVIER: Thought they have started paying phcn staffs severance package but my papa never collect or could he have been hiding it from us in the family. cos i cant just wait to sayo with the money since there is nothing to buy again. he already own two houses, cars, has 3 graduates with good and well paid jobs. just only me remaining in school a part 3 student of OAU. so what else??
So na to 'sayo' with ur old man money naim first come ya mind? angry hmmmm if he wasn't very hardworking to get all u mentioned above where u go see free money to 'sayo'? SMH..
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Mexyz(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
God bless d persn dat opened ds thread. @theoctopus, guy na God go bless u 4 dat ur comment,u ve explaind anytn dat needs 2 b explained. I also noticed dat phcn staffs re carting away d properties in their various offices,i thought d investors paid 4 dem?
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by XVIER(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
anonimi:

Your dad has really done well.
Have you ever wondered how much his salary & allowances was all these years to have:

- two houses
- carS
- 3 graduates with good & well paid jobs

and how that is linked (in one way or another) to the lack of electricity in Nigeria

I hope sey when you don shayo finish with your papa im severance pay you nor go dey there dey yab GEJ sey im dey corrupt with im wife and other politicians too.
Permit me to advise you to check the dictionary for the meaning of HYPOCRITE.
have alway supported GEJ right from when he was a governor so why will i now insult him when the money get finished?
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by LaRochelle(f): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
collynzo2: What kind of dictionary do you use? You are a big fool.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by XVIER(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
Knight86: angry
So na to 'sayo' with ur old man money naim first come ya mind? angry hmmmm if he wasn't very hardworking to get all u mentioned above where u go see free money to 'sayo'? SMH..
yap i know he works hard for it. the man sef know say na to enjoy the money nau
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by LaRochelle(f): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ collynzo2, are you attempting or trying to dare me by calling me a fool? This is your 2nd warning. Don't insult me.
I should be asking you what dictionary you use, 'cause even if vandalisation were in the dictionary, it would redirect you to vandalism as the correct thing.
Don't make me derail much. The matter at hand is more serious than grammar.
Shalom.
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by anonimi: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
XVIER: have alway supported GEJ right from when he was a governor so why will i now insult him when the money get finished?

You missed my point entirely.
I thought you were actually going to respond with a rough estimate of your dad's LEGITIMATE earnings as a PHCN worker vis-a-vis his assests and regular expenditure to send your three siblings to school plus including yourself and the ubiquitous owambes.
That way we can determine if he has contributed to the sad state of our lack of stable power supply or not.

Do you think you can do that exercise
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Beaf1: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
^
Are you indirectly saying his father is/was a NEPA corrupt official?

Maybe you should start by asking what position does his father occupies/occupied first. And what number of years he has spent with them. This alone will determine if he can afford the above mentioned luxuries he doesnt need to go into too much details. Peace
Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by Abariwiseman: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
APC and their agent. they will do anything to saboutage this FG.
they are even the ones behind ASUU long strike.
PHCN staff won't do such, b/cos they have lot of money in their pocket now.

1 Like

Re: Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? by anonimi: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
Beaf!:
^
Are you indirectly saying his father is/was a NEPA corrupt official?

Maybe you should start by asking what position does his father occupies/occupied first. And what number of years he has spent with them. This alone will determine if he can afford the above mentioned luxuries he doesnt need to go into too much details. Peace

I am not directly or indirectly saying he is corrupt or not.
I have only asked the same question that you have eleaborated on above i.e positionS he occupied at different periods of his career and a rough estimate (no details needed) of how much he LEGITIMATELY earns as salary & allowances vis-a-vis what he KNOWS as achievement by his dad:

- two houses, probably in choice locations
- carS
- three graduates plus another in 3rd year OAU
- plus, I imagine, regular owambes and handouts/ dash to family & friends.

You seem to have omitted this part of my earlier post:

if he has contributed to the sad state of our lack of stable power supply or not.

I hope sey the XVIER will return to provide us answers!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi's Wife And Children:simplicity Runs In The Family. / Peter Obi: Nigerians Being Held Backward By Leadership Failure / Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.