Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church (1356 Views)

Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? / Popular Islamic Scholar" Crashes Concert To Preach About The Sinfulness Of Music / Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by benalvino(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
One of the things i hate is pastors encouraging people to Give high amount of offering and tithe in church for better blessing or higher blessing...
God doesn't sell blessing... God is not a business man... Don't be fulled.

I have been forced to promise a donation of 5k back in 2010 in the eastern bypass port harcourt... I have forgotten the names... but pastor akinola or so is the owner of the church of which i never paid... the ask me to pledge 10k then bargain to the point of 5k... what kind of business is going on in churches?

Redeemed, winners chapel etc...
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by PastorOluT(m): 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bro nobody is forcing you to do anything, you have your bible, Jesus as your role model, and your freewill to decide whatever.
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by benalvino(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Bro nobody is forcing you to do anything, you have your bible, Jesus as your role model, and your freewill to decide whatever.

Well pastors should not dictate what one should put... they always talk about giving big
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by oiseworld: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2013
Its actually good to give big. I give big all the time.

About preaching of money, its tied to the prosperity gospel. By any means God wants us to increase our faith and trust in him. Giving and problems are proven ways by which ones faith in God can be increased. I bet we all would choose to give rather than to fall into problems. Once faith is increased, spiritual growth would be achieved,expectation would rise, that's what God wants. He needs all of our attention.

Moreover, David said I will not give to God anything that wouldn't cost bin anything. So even the love for God should be a drive to give big.

Remember Solomon also.
That's just the way it walks.
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by benalvino(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2013
oiseworld: Its actually good to give big. I give big all the time.

About preaching of money, its tied to the prosperity gospel. By any means God wants us to increase our faith and trust in him. Giving and problems are proven ways by which ones faith in God can be increased. I bet we all would choose to give rather than to fall into problems. Once faith is increased, spiritual growth would be achieved,expectation would rise, that's what God wants. He needs all of our attention.

Moreover, David said I will not give to God anything that wouldn't cost bin anything. So even the love for God should be a drive to give big.

Remember Solomon also.
That's just the way it walks.

Not with money... the money doesnt get to God... Some pastors use it to buy jets... the money people give makes some pastors the riches men.
How can giving money increase faith?
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by oiseworld: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
benalvino:

Not with money... the money doesnt get to God... Some pastors use it to buy jets... the money people give makes some pastors the riches men.
How can giving money increase faith?

Bro, giving money actually increases your faith. You need to remove the picture that you are giving to man. Christianity itself is a religion of faith. We accepted Christ by faith, because no man alive has seen him. And yet we give to him firstly, our lifes and then our resources. It all shows our love for God. This we continue doing constantly meaning our hearts long for him daily. And you know what the Bible say, "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you"

James 4:8

Its an issue of where your heart is, there your treasure is.
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by nora544: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
That preaching about money that didnot come from europa, this come from america.

In europa you will never hear preaching about money only in the penecostal churches, but you will never hear it in the other christian churches. What we hear is about how we should live, what god want from us, that we should help people who are in need.

God like us when you go to a hospitz,that is a place where people live who have cancer and there is no help for them, when it is not possible that they could stay at home, when you go there an visit them, when you visit homes for old people, when you make charity....... that is what we hear.

We hear about how we should live, what is a sin, that sometimes when it is not easy in life that god didnot forget us und that we should know that god will help us that it will get better.

Did you hear something in your country.
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by bigass(f): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
God has never entered Nigeria, been living and working here for a few years now, the same people who go to church every sunday asking for the fathers mercy, return and extort, take bribes, scam and steal the nest monday. The churches make millions every week and do nothing for the parishioners. Every girl I met wanted money in return for a relationship. The 419 scammers think their "mugus" are god given to them. I;ve yet to meet a honest purchasing manager. God has long given up on Naija.
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by benalvino(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
oiseworld:

Bro, giving money actually increases your faith. You need to remove the picture that you are giving to man. Christianity itself is a religion of faith. We accepted Christ by faith, because no man alive has seen him. And yet we give to him firstly, our lifes and then our resources. It all shows our love for God. This we continue doing constantly meaning our hearts long for him daily. And you know what the Bible say, "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you"

James 4:8

Its an issue of where your heart is, there your treasure is.
Let me give dont say how much I should give... It is suppose to come from my heart not from the sweetmouth I got from the pastors... The church is the last place to talk or discuss money...
Re: Pastors Shouldn't Preach About Money In Church by benalvino(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
nora544: That preaching about money that didnot come from europa, this come from america.

In europa you will never hear preaching about money only in the penecostal churches, but you will never hear it in the other christian churches. What we hear is about how we should live, what god want from us, that we should help people who are in need.

God like us when you go to a hospitz,that is a place where people live who have cancer and there is no help for them, when it is not possible that they could stay at home, when you go there an visit them, when you visit homes for old people, when you make charity....... that is what we hear.

We hear about how we should live, what is a sin, that sometimes when it is not easy in life that god didnot forget us und that we should know that god will help us that it will get better.

Did you hear something in your country.

I was in the church the other time in the city I live and they have a box you can donate you see it close to the entrance and you also read the motive of your donation that it is for the ophans... Here you put offering and you dont know if you are donating for a jet the pastor will be using when be wants to go to the UK

(1) (Reply)

Happy Ramadan To All Muslim On Nairalanders / Dear Allah, It's Me David: An Open Letter To Allah / Why Are 'mega-churches' Filled With So Much Allegations Lately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.