Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare (2526 Views)

U.S Government Created The Most Deadly Diseases As Biological Warfare / Bill Clinton Not Chelsea's Biological Father(real Father Pictured / Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgLlkjsg1uo

Agent Orange. American Chemical and Biological Warfare

Agent Orange. The effects of chemical spraying during the Vietnam War. The struggle of US Veterans and the long-term consequences for the citizens of Vietnam.

[size=15pt]86 million liters of Agent Orange were sprayed on Vietnam[/size]

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Getting through to sheeple and zombies that have been brainwashed right from birth is very difficult In fact, almost impossible.. It is disheartening and frustrating.....They just seem incapable of logic reason, they stubbornly refuse to look at facts that are right there in front of them and blindly follow their ideologies irrationally....Someone I spoke to yesterday refused to believe me when I told him that the US hypocritically had used chemical weapons in a sustained manner in Vietnam in the 60's and and Fallujah, Iraq in 2005 which has caused countless deaths and birth defects through several generations. He said it was a lie. I showed him several websites and articles. He said they were all propaganda!! Would you just believe that?? Na very very looooonnng ting my brother...

5 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by biafranqueen: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Most people are blinded by CNN and other wicked media outlets that are only into favoring corporate big wigs. Even when they own people tell the truth people want to ignore it!

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by biafranqueen: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by drpips1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
GOd Help us All, how could it be that mossanto responsible for about all the 99.9% Genetically modified foods in ciculation is still the company that manufactured this agent orange

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by thoth: 3:46am On Sep 02, 2013
They Used depleted Uranium in Iraq,Libya and Somalia and the devastating effects of that is still being felt daily, Doctors Without Borders reported on the atrocities of US marines bombing Somali with chemical and radioactive weapons but as usual the Western press which has been the staple for African audience ignored it and made sure such news were never heard by the masses.

The most Painful part of this debacle is that the Average Nigerian(which makes up the majority) would never listen to alternative media and even when they come in contact with one they vehemently reject the facts presented as propaganda, the surprising part is that i have never heard any of them reject any news by BBC,CNN or FOX as propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
What makes this so tragic is the fact that america stands in judgement over other countries of the world.

Can you imagine a country like america criticising other countries for human rights abuse when it has dropped agent orange, depleted uranium, white phosphorus and many other deadly chemical weapons on various countries of the world.

If you go on youtube you will see horrific videos of children that are still being born with deformities as a reesult of these deadly chemicals that were dropped on their country over 35 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by tim107: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by tim107: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 2:03am On Sep 18, 2013
[img]http://nieuwsnieuwsnieuws.files./2011/07/victimsdepleted_uranium_effects.jpg[/img]

Depleted Uranium victim (Libya)

cap28: What makes this so tragic is the fact that america stands in judgement over other countries of the world.

Can you imagine a country like america criticising other countries for human rights abuse when it has dropped agent orange, depleted uranium, white phosphorus and many other deadly chemical weapons on various countries of the world.

If you go on youtube you will see horrific videos of children that are still being born with deformities as a reesult of these deadly chemicals that were dropped on their country over 35 years ago.

NATO’s Air Assault On Libya: Almost 17,000 Sorties, 6,387 Strike Sorties. NATO uses Depleted Uranium and bombs with an UN mandate. Internalized Depleted Uranium (DU) can cause kidney damage, cancers of the lung and bone, skin disorders, neurocognitive disorders, chromosome damage, immune deficiency syndromes and rare kidney and bowel diseases. Pregnant WOMEN exposed to DU may give birth to infants with genetic defects. The UN has a pact with the weapons industry: ‘We give you a mandate to destroy Libya by using bombs of Depleted Uranium if you are funding us and give us extra money to clean up the Depleted Uranium.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by thoth: 3:24am On Sep 18, 2013
I noticed that whenever one presents a hard fact on the Evil Nature of American Imperialism all these american cunts would stay away from the thread...i was waiting for so long for any of them to pop up and try to defend this but they were no where to be found, meanwhile they are in other threads chanting war songs against Syria based on some manufactured data by the same Americans who perfected the use of chemical weapons, Nuclear Weapons and Biological Weapons...

5 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth: I noticed that whenever one presents a hard fact on the Evil Nature of American Imperialism all these american cunts would stay away from the thread...i was waiting for so long for any of them to pop up and try to defend this but they were no where to be found, meanwhile they are in other threads chanting war songs against Syria based on some manufactured data by the same Americans who perfected the use of chemical weapons, Nuclear Weapons and Biological Weapons...

I totally agree, many of these fools have no clue about america's past and present atrocities and continue to beat the drum for war against Syria. Today it is Syria tomorrow it could be Nigeria (although nigerian politicians are so gutless and cowardly they would never go against anything america orders them to do)

The other day i watched a video of american vietnam vets talking about the atrocities they committed while in vietnam, they all said that they did not see the vietnamese as human beings and therefore found it easy to kill without feeling anything for their victims, they were given orders from their commanding officers to go out and collect the ears of their victims as proof that they were doing enough killing , this also happened in iraq.

the good news is that many people are finally waking up to the atrocities that are being committed by the US govt in the name of humanitarian wars.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Keep spreading the word Horus, tim107, thoth and cap28...Everyday more people see what the elites in America and their government truly is. The citizens by and large are good and decent but it is their corporate & Israeli controlled government, congress and military that are a threat to world peace. Time & time again, America gets discredited but the numerous zombies and sheeple fail to see what is right in front of them: irrefutable and undeniable

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Highly recommended: The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone. It is a 10 part , 10 hours long documentary on the past, present and future of the American Empire

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
cap28:
I totally agree, many of these fools have no clue about america's past and present atrocities and continue to beat the drum for war against Syria. Today it is Syria tomorrow it could be Nigeria (although nigerian politicians are so gutless and cowardly they would never go against anything america orders them to do)

The other day i watched a video of american vietnam vets talking about the atrocities they committed while in vietnam, they all said that they did not see the vietnamese as human beings and therefore found it easy to kill without feeling anything for their victims, they were given orders from their commanding officers to go out and collect the ears of their victims as proof that they were doing enough killing , this also happened in iraq.

the good news is that many people are finally waking up to the atrocities that are being committed by the US govt in the name of humanitarian wars.

Link to the video pls, thanks.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
cap28:

Link to video pls, thanks.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXS-hZHedwU

[size=15pt]Children of the Apocalypse - Vietnam[/size]

The US army dumped Agent Orange on a third of Vietnam during the war. Fifty years on there are 800,000 third generation victims of the spray - will the chain of suffering never end?. The patients at Friendship Village suffer from constant sickness and physical defects. And there's no cure. "It saddens me...I can't do anything about it". A Vietnamese war Veteran adds, "The Americans don't want to acknowledge the damage!". And now a fourth generation of Agent Orange victims is about to endure the consequences of the terrible disfigurements imprinted in their genetic material.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
NL member:

Link to video pls, thanks.
I'm on my fone now so I can't post the link but if u go on youtube type in vietnam american holocaust its quie a long documentary bt vry interesting
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
cap28:
I'm on my fone now so I can't post the link but if u go on youtube type in vietnam american holocaust its quie a long documentary bt vry interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcxmZxeUZU

VIETNAM American Holocaust

Thank you cap28, this is a highly informative and educational documentary
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 12:30am On Sep 19, 2013
I admit the the Yanks used agent orange in Vietnam during the war with severe consequences on the part of the civilians.But unfortunately,most people here don't know their reasons for using it.
They used it because enemy combatants ie vietcongs,north vietnamese soldiers mastered the act of hiding under the massive forests thereby undermining the American airpower.U S carrier based bombers were not able to hit their target accurately.
Agent orange was meant primarily for clearing the tick forests so that bombers can hit targets accurately.It wasn't a deliberate act to kill civilians.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: I admit the the Yanks used agent orange in Vietnam during the war with severe consequences on the part of the civilians.But unfortunately,most people here don't know their reasons for using it.
They used it because enemy combatants ie vietcongs,north vietnamese soldiers mastered the act of hiding under the massive forests thereby undermining the American airpower.U S carrier based bombers were not able to hit their target accurately.
Agent orange was meant primarily for clearing the tick forests so that bombers can hit targets accurately.It wasn't a deliberate act to kill civilians.

Oh good lawd!! What a zombie! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 19, 2013
cap28:

Alright.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2013
NairaMinted:

Oh good lawd!! What a zombie! embarassed
I refuse to exchange words with you in public forum because of I am principled man.But if u will agree to research your history books about Vietnam war,you will see that vietcogs used the thick jungle/forest as shields thereby rendering American bombing ineffective.American used it for two basic reasons;
As herbicide to clear the jungles
Secondly,to destroy the crops on farmlands,thereby starving enemy combatants and denying them their source of food and most importantly denying them the support of the local civilians.This tactics led the mass influx of people to Saigon.
Lastly I believe we are all here to learn and share ideas and not to rain abuses on each other.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: I admit the the Yanks used agent orange in Vietnam during the war with severe consequences on the part of the civilians.But unfortunately,most people here don't know their reasons for using it.

You have to understand that the (vietcongs), north vietnamese soldiers had the right to hide under the forest, after all they were in their own land contrary to the Americans who were the invaders. The US sprayed a third of the surface of Vietnam with agent orange and targeted volontarly and specifically rice plantations with this chemical, because they knew that rice was the first source of food. They knew very well that the first that will starve to death will be the childrens, so it was a deliberate act to kill by mass starvation with no respect at all for any international conventions

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 11:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Horus:

You have to understand that the (vietcongs), north vietnamese soldiers had the right to hide under the forest, after all they were in their own land contrary to the Americans who were the invaders. The US sprayed a third of the surface of Vietnam with agent orange and targeted volontarly and specifically rice plantations with this chemical, because they knew that rice was the first source of food. They knew very well that the first that will starve to death will be the childrens, so it was a deliberate act to kill by mass starvation with no respect at all for any international conventions
The yanks never targeted the civilians deliberately.It was out of desperation to bomb the vietcongs.And most importantly,they sprayed 20 million litters and not 80 million litters.And I would also like to remind u guys that many US servicemen were also affected by this agent orange especially those that applied it.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: I refuse to exchange words with you in public forum because of I am principled man.But if u will agree to research your history books about Vietnam war,you will see that vietcogs used the thick jungle/forest as shields thereby rendering American bombing ineffective.

So using the jungle as a God given right as a defensive shield against a vastly superior enemy with air power isn't their right? They should step out in the open and let the invading yanks blow them to bits? I see.. tongue

lucky Don: As herbicide to clear the jungles

Amerika on the other hand, can purposely, blatantly and in a sustained manner can use dangerous chemicals to destroy not only the foliage and eco system of a country but condemn the unfortunate victims of this war crime to three generations - and counting - of horrific genetic mutation and suffering? I see... tongue Using that same logic of yours, I guess if the Assad government also decides to use chemical weapons to force the rebels that have turned the ruins of Aleppo and Homs into fortresses and sniper positions, out into the open so that they become easy targets for their helicopter gunships, that also would be justifiable?? kiss

lucky Don: Secondly,to destroy the crops on farmlands,thereby starving enemy combatants and denying them their source of food and most importantly denying them the support of the local civilians.This tactics led the mass influx of people to Saigon.
Same way the Igbos were forced to starve when food was denied them during the Biafra war abi? That as well is justifiable? Let's starve all the women and children so that the enemy is forced to its knees.....

lucky Don: The yanks never targeted the civilians deliberately.It was out of desperation to bomb the vietcongs.And most importantly,they sprayed 20 million litters and not 80 million litters.And I would also like to remind u guys that many US servicemen were also affected by this agent orange especially those that applied it.

Desperate you say Lol! Just in the same way the west has accused Assad of using chemical weapons on his people out of desperation? So Amerika's desperation carries more moral weight than any others abi?
Also, cos they used 20 million instead of your disputed 80 million liters, that makes this war crime a little more accommodating abi? Perhaps if they used just 2 million liters, we can chalk it off and say it never happened right? And since even Amerika's troops were affected, why make so much noise about it at all? It wasn't a big deal...I see..

lucky Don: Lastly I believe we are all here to learn and share ideas and not to rain abuses on each other.

Yes! And you sir, are a learner!

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: The yanks never targeted the civilians deliberately.It was out of desperation to bomb the vietcongs.And most importantly,they sprayed 20 million litters and not 80 million litters.And I would also like to remind u guys that many US servicemen were also affected by this agent orange especially those that applied it.

You are confusing Gallons with liters. It is 20 millions Gallons that were sprayed. But 1 Gallon = 4.54 liters
Now do the math: 20 millions X by 4.54 result in more than 80 millions liters

The yanks targeted rices plantations deliberately and they knew that sending planes to spray defoliants on the forests and food plantations of a foreign country is a violation of its territorial integrity, the US caused damage and destruction contrary to the Humanitarian Law, and this constitutes an illegal act by which the United States has made itself responsible for the consequences and is obligated to rectify them. But the US refuse to give compensation for the injuries inflicted upon generations of the Vietnamese people. This is unfair
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
I know for sure that the yanks never planned to kill civilians with it.They resorted to it so that they can be able to bomb the evil soviet backed communist to rumbles.And may I remind u guys that agent orange is not a chemical weapon.It is just a HERBICIDE for clearing thick jungles.Many countries have used it in their own countries.
For e.g Canada has used it in the northern Ontario and also the province of New Brunswick.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
NairaMinted: Keep spreading the word Horus, tim107, thoth and cap28...Everyday more people see what the elites in America and their government truly is. The citizens by and large are good and decent but it is their corporate & Israeli controlled government, congress and military that are a threat to world peace. Time & time again, America gets discredited but the numerous zombies and sheeple fail to see what is right in front of them: irrefutable and undeniable

cheers bro

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
NairaMinted: Highly recommended: The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone. It is a 10 part , 10 hours long documentary on the past, present and future of the American Empire

this was shown on sky (believe it or not) early this year - brilliant documentary - i'll look for it on youtube.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcxmZxeUZU

VIETNAM American Holocaust

Thank you cap28, this is a highly informative and educational documentary

thanks bro, i found it very very informative too. This is a part of the US govts history that they are hoping the world will forget, sadly many do not know about it and this is why the US can continue to repeat what they did in vietnam in other countries ie iraq, libya, afghanistan.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2013

what sort of reason could justify spraying millions of litres of a dangerous chemical on civillian populations? Havent you heard of the Geneva convention, even warfare must be conducted in accordance with certain rules and regulations. Also, the US govt were well aware of its toxic effect as cited from this excerpt from wikipedia:

"It has often been claimed that the contamination with dioxin was discovered only later. However, prior to Operation Ranch Hand (1962-1971), health-risks had become apparent, from several accidents in 2,4,5-T-production in the U.S. and in Europe.[40] The causes had been investigated, and results published[41] in 1957, specifically stating "tetrachlordibenzodioxine proved very active." Additionally "Boehringer, which used the relative safer low-temperature-process since 1957, in the same year warned the other producers of 2,4,5-TCP, which were using the high-t-process, pointing out the risk and providing suggestions how to avoid them."[42] Furthermore, Dr. James R. Clary (a former government scientist with the Chemical Weapons Branch, BW/CW Division ) has stated that "When we (military scientists) initiated the herbicide program in the 1960’s, we were aware of the potential for damage due to dioxin contamination in the herbicide. We were even aware that the ‘military' formulation had a higher dioxin concentration than the ‘civilian’ version due to the lower cost and speed of manufacture. However, because the material was to be used on the ‘enemy’, none of us were overly concerned."[43][44]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Accuses South Africa Of Supplying Arms To Russia In Ukraine War (PICS) / History Of Suicide Bombing: The First Was A Christian / Ukrainian Missile Strike Destroyed Two Oil Depot In Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.