Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Inter State Deportation In Nigeria: A Prelude To Secession? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inter State Deportation In Nigeria: A Prelude To Secession? (754 Views)

Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! / State Police: The Prelude To A Disintegrated Nigeria? / Prelude To Free And Fair Election Inec Releases Guide To Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inter State Deportation In Nigeria: A Prelude To Secession? by dancewith: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
Recently states in Nigeria have engaged in deporting "non indegines", sometimes referred to as "destitutes" to their various states of origin under the confusing slogan of "reuniting them with their families"

I haven't quite followed up on this lately but have glossed over some of the headlines. However, I believe this is not only serious, but need thorough examination. I am of the opinion this can seriously threaten the federating union which claimed over a million lives in the past war.

I find it hypocritical, that majority of these politicians doing this, have their kids in the US, Canada and other western countries. These kids are given automatic citizenship despite these politicians having little or no connection with these countries. These kids go on to become "undeportable" from these foreign countries simply on account of being born there!

Yet these politicians rush home and deport their own kits and kins, on account of their being born/ and or their parents being born within their own country, but not from the politician's states

It is the height of arrogance and belligerence, for a governor, drawing funds from the federation account (which is mostly funded mostly from collective wealth) to ask citizens of the same revenue producing states from which his state is funded, to leave. It is equally more bizarre that the federal government has not deemed it fit to instantly shut down the revenue being allocated to these sadist governors

I fail to understand how the concept of indegines got into our constitution. In the US, which we copied heavily from, a person lays claim to his state of residence as his home state. That is why the Bush Family can rule Texas while another of their son is a governor in Florida. The Clintons cut their teeth in Arkansas, but represent New york.

I simply do not understand why Nigerians are this wicked, especially to themselves. From all indication, this is a prelude to a bigger problem, possibly on the horizon
Re: Inter State Deportation In Nigeria: A Prelude To Secession? by ba7man(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Its a prelude to....." Governors Taking care of their indigenes so that they don't wander off to Lagos or some other city to constitute a nuisance or social menace"...... Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Human Right Activist. Mike Ozekhome SAN has been released by his abductors / REVOLT NIGERIA (RN); The Great Non-violent Uprising / Vote Nigeria's Adesina, Dangote & Jim Ovia As Forbes Africa Person Of The Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.