Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria (14998 Views)

Angola, Hit By Collapse Of Oil Prices, Seeks IMF Aid / Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers / Does Obama Need Congressional Approval To Bomb Syria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by postemail: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
For you folks, too much western media inhibits common sense. Hope you remember these:

1. A few months back, Syrian rebels were caught with chemical weapons (Sarin) in Turkey.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xiaDSIxs4GM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxiaDSIxs4GM&sa=X&ei=nFIjUqKuBo7GrAex6YDgDw&ved=0CBAQqwQ

2. Over 900 protesters were killed by Egyptian Army. Obama should bomb the Egyptian Army for the mass killing, afteral Death is death whether by sarin gas or bullet.

3. UN investigators are in Syria.Why not wait for the UN inspectors report on their investigation? No! POTUS - The Nobel peace laureate loves war.

4.CNN, FOX, ALJ, ABC CBS, all prepping for war. Funny, no western media is asking POTUS for evidence the Syrian gov't ordered a chemical attack. Because, there's NONE! The same intercepted call evidence was used by Powell in Iraq 1.0 that turned out no chemical weapon. Same media..

Isn't it better every nation bomb their neighbor when it's interest is at stake. I guess that will make a beautiful world.

4 Likes

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
MostHigh:

Another Z0mb1e. smiley
its a zombified world sire. the walking dead. we are living in a thriller video set Sire grin
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
As a political economist,i am very troubled by the montesorri knowlegde being displayed here.If you don't understand international politics,stick to bba and nollywood.

Syria,is just a victim of hegemonic conspiracy and hydrocarbon militarization viz-a-viz economic hooliganism.Setting up a friendly sunni regime and access to gas pipline routs,are the major catalyst of the syrian crisis.Remember a regime friendly to isreal and hostile to hezbollah,are the main motivators.The GCC countries supporting the rebels,are themselves despodic monarchies,so,what is the logic?With the kind of atitude we have towards reading and our igorance of international politics,i am not too sad with your comments.

MY FINAL QUESTION IS,WHY WAS THERE NO INTERVENTION IN BAHRAIN?

3 Likes

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by shidof(m): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because they've chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like
wats this one saying, ua such a big fool for supporting US suicide mission of killing innocent masses in d name of worlds power. Assuming dt u've relatives in Syria or ua frm syria, I knw dt ur answer would ve been NO.Ua such a religion fanatism and is dt wat ur religion teach u? Bascard....

3 Likes

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Joel3(m): 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
yetunsbay: televised on aljazeera on Aug 31st

yes i watch it today live, thanks though
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by eightsin(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Just reading and learning.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by afrikanns: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because they've chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like
u are the one that yr mouth sud be sealed, u be been brainwashed by their network of media,mumu u lacked anything called truth

1 Like

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by legacysystems1: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by pinpinkay: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Plz ... Hope it won't affect ASUU strike .... Plz ... Hope it won't affect ASUU strike ....
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
America makes mistakes, but try to spread democracy around the world.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by trolling(m): 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Syria is being used as a precursor wage war Against Iran, we all know Syria and Iran are allies, if you need prophetic documentation from Daniel,Holla at me
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Pattey(m): 12:28am On Sep 02, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because the people have chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like

and i will ask what i keep asking block heads like urself, were you the one dat conducted the referendum where 'the people' said they had tolerated enough of that leader?

why does the fact that US chooses who to assign 'dictator' title excite dull brains that cant ask; how come some nations e.g Audi, Qatar are considered OK by the same America, despite being perpetual monarchies with absolutely no sense of American brand of the so-called gospel for democracy.

what made Ghadafi unacceptable? was it it because his people considered him a dictator? or cos America wanted him out by all means? are you aware its on record America tried to assassinate him on several occassions dating back to the 80s all cos he wanted Africa to determine her own fate. what made Assad a dictator? why not stop thinking like a Arrow; it wont even earn U a VISA or citizenship if thats what you're hoping for!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Pattey(m): 12:31am On Sep 02, 2013
malele:

Usa plan is not to remove assad, chemical weapon use is a violention of Un rules, so it has to be addressed to check its further use in the future.
dey want to destroy assad capability of using chemical weapons.

who started the use pf chemical weapons? was it not the US? so whats all this noise about. after they used it to ruin an entire generation in vietnam, now they are claiming pope, abi?
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Pattey(m): 12:39am On Sep 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Chemical Weapon in the hands of rebels and terrorists will destroy Israel. America's motive is to destroy the Chemical Weapons. This whole war cry is to save Israel from extinction or something close to it.

I am particularly worried that Al Qaeda and Boko Haram, if they get a hold of these chemical weapons, will kill millions of people.

Looking at the larger gains, I support America's invasion of Syria and total destruction of these chemical weapon stockpiles and destruction of rebel forces in possession of knowledge to produce these weapons.

This is my stance, at this moment, I could change my mind any time.

if America's intention is to destroy the chemical weapon stockpiles of Syria, what about Israel's own, and US itself? and aaalll the rest of them with far deadly chemical and nuclear capabilities? why do their stockpiles keep growing in leaps and bounds, but others dont get to acquire the same toys? oh yeah i forgot, others are too dumb to manage such 'powers'! How cynical!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:11am On Sep 02, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because the people have chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like

It is not the government doing it, it is the terrorist groups aided by america Britain that are doing it. The western countries are trying to replace him. Any where america has landed, there have been no peace. Iran, Iraq, Libya, Afgan,etc.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:37am On Sep 02, 2013
godwinony:
They are far better than our politicians..If those were the kind of men we have in nigeria, the threat of boko haram would have been long estinguished
No there is still war in libya so you wrong. If you believe in warmongers then go on.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by legacysystems1: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2013
As had been previously explained in many articles, the fight over Syria,being led by Saudi Arabia and Qatar and their lap-dog Western allies, has but one single objective: To break Russia�s hold on the European Union natural gas market which a pipeline through Syria would accomplish, and as reported by London�s Financial Times News Service this past June:

�The tiny gas-rich state of Qatar has spent as much as $3bn over the past two years supporting the rebellion in Syria, far exceeding any other government, but is now being nudged aside by Saudi Arabia as the prime source of arms to rebels.

The cost of Qatar�s intervention, its latest push to back an Arab revolt, amounts to a fraction of its international investment portfolio. But its financial support for the revolution that has turned into a vicious civil war dramatically overshadows western backing for the opposition.

Qatar [also] has proposed a gas pipeline from the Gulf to Turkey in a sign the emirate is considering a further expansion of exports from the world's biggest gasfield after it finishes an ambitious programme to more than double its capacity to produce liquefied natural gas (LNG).�

And in what is, perhaps, the most unimaginable cause to start World War III over Syria was noted by Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Aleksandr Lukashevich who said this past week: �We�re getting more new evidence that this criminal act was of a provocative nature,� he stressed. �In particular, there are reports circulating on the Internet, in particular that the materials of the incident and accusations against government troops had been posted for several hours before the so-called attack. Thus, it was a pre-planned action.�

For the West to have so sloppily engineered yet another �false flag� attack to justify a war where they posted the videos of this so-called chemical weapons attack a full day before it was said to occur is the height of arrogance and disdain, but which their sleep-walking citizens, yet again, will fall for as they have done so many times in the past.

1 Like

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by loswhite(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2013
Nepa Light:

Sure they won't go to war, but the will make available to Assad military hardware that will frustrate and humiliate the US. And if you think Russia can't US stand in any battle, be it by proxy or however then you are dummy.

Why is US always looking for help aka "NATO" or "Allies" before going to war?
because war is expensive
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by routsz: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2013
francisbiz:
Your mates are debating on the thread and you are busy pouring out nursery rhymes!
Nursery rhymes? His opinion sure makes every sense to me
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by routsz: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2013
bookface:

Russia moving its battle ships to the Mediterranean sea does not imply that Russia will strike American warships in the event that America strikes at Syria. The gesture is mostly symbolic to the Assad regime that he is not alone. The ships are also ready to convey thousands of Russians currently living in Syria back to Russia in the event of a major escalation.

I have said several times, Russia can scream and shout, but they wouldn't risk complete damnation for anyone, much especially for a war torn Syria.

Russian ships in the Mediterranean wouldn't stand in the way should congress vote for a US strike.
U ain't seeing well. Any war wth Syria would engulf d entire region. And wth d superpowers already pitched against themselves, d entire world remains in suspense . . .
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Horus(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FKgGIKAVGs

SYRIA Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Agent Testimonies To UN Investigators
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Keeps getting interesting ...and scary.
READ.
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1699.htm
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by afrikanns: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
obadiah777: the prophesy Chief Horus, is that america will go into the war and then russia ( gog ) and china ( the king of the east rev 16 ) will retaliate and then different nations will take sides as see fit but the eurozone ( the ten horns ) will keep out of it initially. when the eurozone see that russia and china are destroying america, the eurozone ( ten horns ) will join china and russia ( rev 17 ) and then all nations in the world who have nukes would throw all their nukes on america and it will cease to exist anymore. everything in it including all people will be liquidated wink wink
So shall it be by HIS (almity)permission
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Kalvan: 12:35am On Sep 03, 2013
hotwax: america goes to NATO because of Finance. No country can humiliate america. No country. But I don't support america attacking assad. Alqaida will be enthroned. Assad is better than alqaaeda. With assad, christians are living peacefully. If america tip the scale of balance, alqaeda will waste these christians. We all saw what muslim brotherhood intended to do in Egypt. Now Egyptians have learned that hossnie mubarak is not their enemy. They have released him. Libya too was a western mistake. Alqaed are ruling in Libya and its not good for Africa. That is why they are disturbinng Mali and algeria. Alqaida are becoming powerful. I see alqaeda mobilizing nations to war in the future.

You're so right! The Rebels have Al Qaeda within their Ranks. We don't want what happened to the US embassy in Benghazi to repeat itself. Each decision, whether to attack or not attack has its Pros and Cons.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by akbahbah(m): 8:34am On Sep 03, 2013
u don't know anything my friend. u are such a coward go and sit down.

question:

Senator John McCain criticized President Barack Obama’s plans for limited air strikes on Syria as “cosmetic” on Friday, saying the failure of the United States to intervene in the country’s civil war was “shameful.”
It is this same McCain that will blame Obama if the air strikes on Syria backfires.
Assad will defend Syria, Russia will join and no one can predict the negative outcome of the US air strike.
Obama should Let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Omotolaaraujo(f): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2013
I saw the mass of refugees going to Jordan and cried to see the displacement of whole towns of people. I don't want to pay for no stinking military action and neither do a lot of other Americans. As far as Syria goes, the government there is the worst kind of trash. If Obama turned them into glass, all the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Fire At Kenya's International Airport / 17 People Beheaded In Afghanistan For Attending A Party / Pope Offers To Meet Putin, Still Waiting To Hear Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.