Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Time To Celebrate! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Time To Celebrate! (756 Views)

Time To Say Good Bye To MTN / Konga April Fool: Time To Teach Them Some Lessons. / Credit/air Time To Data For Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Celebrate! by luluosas(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2008
Below is a text message from MTN to it's subscribers.
You will receive free N175 airtime on 14th June. This is MTNs way of showing you appreciation for your support & loyalty. Do enjoy it at your leisure. Thank you!
Sender - 0803
Date - 12 - June - 2008
Time - 09:23:31.

Above a text message that was sent to my colleague yesterday. Although i am yet to receive my text for the N175 airtime but, another colleague has also comfirmed receiving the same sms from MTN.
In case you are preparing for your jubilations, please remember that what MTN termed free airtime is not actually free. This is because, the directive of NCC to Celtel and MTN to pay the sum of N175 as compensation for their inability to deliver quality of service sometime ago is yielding result(s) now.
Does any body has information from Celtel yet?
Nairalanders, is your right to be served right. So, MTN go ahead credit my account, I deserve it.
What is your opinion?
Re: Time To Celebrate! by honsule(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2008
Guy,nothing to rejoice about.In fact,they don't want to pay after all,because the went on appeal and the judgment was given in favor of NCC/US.What about celtel?I think they are waiting for contempt of court.
Re: Time To Celebrate! by toluxa1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2008
THIS MTN PPLE SEF NA THIEF DEM BE O! THEY ARE NOW PRESENTING IT AS IF IT IS THEIR WAY OF APPRECIATING THE CUSTOMERS THEREBY USING IT AS AN ADVERTISING MEDIUM FOR PPLE TO BUY MTN LINES. AH!

THATS WHY I AM HAPPY WHEN PPLE TRY TO CHEAT THEM (LIKE FREE BROWSING ETC, )
Re: Time To Celebrate! by Mustay(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
we should celebrate 175n uhn?
Re: Time To Celebrate! by sect(m): 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2008
I didn't recieve any sms from them but tomorrow is 14th so lets keep our finger crossed. There's nothing joyous about recieving a chunk of what they've exploited from us back.
Re: Time To Celebrate! by honsule(m): 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
Dear customer due to maintenance you may experience difficulty in recharging from 10pm june 14 to 8am june 15.
Re: Time To Celebrate! by honsule(m): 11:40am On Jun 14, 2008
My 0703 line that i bought to always carry out mtn experiment and free browsing trick on it received #175 since for two weeks now.I just received their "so called" #175 "compelled" credit on my 0803 line.Guys,do you ruminate it is worth celebrating?
Re: Time To Celebrate! by luluosas(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2008
I am still waiting for my turn. Most of my colleagues has theirs already.
Re: Time To Celebrate! by Mustay(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2008
this is CHEATING big time!

They aren't doing us a favour, instead paying 'compensation', so why are they advertising like they are being generous?
Re: Time To Celebrate! by Ejike3: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2008
I don't know why they did it, but I got the text and they've sent the credit. smiley
Re: Time To Celebrate! by AKO1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2008
Mustay:

we should celebrate 175n uhn?

Different strokes for different folks bro! wink
Re: Time To Celebrate! by 4peace(m): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2008
@honsule
you know celtel is not Alariwo as Mtn.
Celtel was first to announced it and will start around july,august.(guardian march).
But yellow see it as opportunity to deceived their widely spread ignorant customer EVERYWHERE THEY GO.So that have received theirs should GO and START NEW THINGS
Re: Time To Celebrate! by BayoMaya(m): 6:40am On Jun 18, 2008
Ata last, it was my turn yesterday after waitn 4 ages listening to testimonies (its stil the u will recieve thang)
But its kul when last have i recharged my mtn?except 4 last week's 200 from my uncle and 100 from my friend,like 3mnths nw.its 4 recieving calls(since they rob bulky) and celtel 4 making.
@4peace,tru yan.
Trust lagosians,i havent seen nobody fall 4 it,evn though nt all know bout NCC
Re: Time To Celebrate! by luluosas(m): 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2008
They should give it a human face by apologizing to us for the shit they are offering in their network.
Re: Time To Celebrate! by Henry234(m): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2008
Abeg they gave me my own 175 and i use the thing make small call.

Anyway half bread if better than none,
guys rejoiceee!!!!!
Re: Time To Celebrate! by luluosas(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
Henry234 congratulations oh. Man never get his own up till now. MTN, why na?
Re: Time To Celebrate! by malikalhaj: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2008
don't mind MTN
Re: Time To Celebrate! by samuelk(m): 7:37am On Jun 21, 2008
I got mine about 2 weeks ago,but i never saw anything on my xtraconnect sim

(1) (Reply)

Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. / Phone Pocket Pickers. / Downloading From A Site While Browsing On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.