Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26249 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is like asking if you can be a Christian and be a sinner.

Don't throw the proverbial first stone.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

Yes I am comfortable. Battles have been fought in the past, and I refuse to live the rest of my life trying to change myself, only to regret later on how the hell I lived my life being sad, and trying to please people who probably don't care about me. I'm happy, and no smeared conscience. The fact that I'm gay doesn't limit me to what I can become.

Work out your salvation, while I work out mine

Peace.

@bolded makes a lot of sense smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
U will never see end time things preacher on this tread becoz they ar birds of the same feather and @op I don't even have time to read ur poo " just make sure u ar being so careful with ur believe and dnt blackmail Christianity" ar we clear ?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by mysteko(m): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
HOW COME THERE ARE SO MANY GAY TOPICS ON NAIRALAND LATELY? GEEZE....
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
can you give birth and still be a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Purist(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
jmoore: can you be a christian and still be a serial murderer?
can you be a christian and still be a serial r@pist?

This is an exceptionally idiotic comparison.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
Purist:

This is an exceptionally idiotic comparison.

Very very.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Purist(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

Maybe if every religion came with a "Sodom and Gomorrah" in their texts, it will be more convincing.
maybe if u hadn't open ur bigotted mouth I'll be convinced

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by macdelene(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Come oooo y all these plenty talk to polish the truth. The answer is No!No!!,No!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by SlimShawty(f): 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
tongue
rigormortis: can you give birth and still be a virgin?

Ask them o.
Can u be alive and still have rigor mortis

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Seeing the topic alone tells me who the poster is, however I await the part 2 where he will translate the bible to fit his lifestyle, na there I go tok
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hez, you cant be a Christian and be gay and you cant be a believer and be gay.
I know you really love Christianity(from your posts) but it is not for you as a result of your sexuality.
The bible/Christianity is very anti-gay.

You seem like you might be a nice person by the way. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by judedwriter(m): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nope. Its a diffrent thing if u commit it as a mistake; but if u continue it it witout repentance, u have lost ur salvation.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Apart 4rm d christianity point of view, bros y would u choose to be a gay when toto full every where now? Y? Y? Y now? Toto full NL, streets, clubs, bars, ashi joints etc! Abi u no kw say toto dey sweet ni, especially skin to skin? Even if u no fit yern dem, contact me, I go give u one local ashi for for my area, with just 2k, u go Bleep, enjoy n happy! No need to fear HIV, u go use double con.dom! Whether christianity or not, to be gay na BIG sin for all religion

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
Slim Shawty: tongue

Ask them o.
Can u be alive and still have rigor mortis

nice one beybey. punchline

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by mhozzis(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
PLS I'll LIKE TO KNOW, ARE PEOPLE BORN GAY OR THEY LEARN/INFLUENCED TO BE GAY.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nonybb: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron or wateva u called urself u sound like a demon to me! Shameless ppl!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Purist(m): 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
jmoore:
because that's what your low mental faculty can come up with.

Says the fellow who compares homosexuality with r@pe and murder. Your brain would be more useful to scientists in helping to study the causes of chronic stupidity in humans.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
austushi1: Apart 4rm d christianity point of view, bros y would u choose to be a gay when toto full every where now? Y? Y? Y now? Toto full NL, streets, clubs, bars, ashi joints etc! Abi u no kw say toto dey sweet ni, especially skin to skin? Even if u no fit yern dem, contact me, I go give u one local ashi for for my area, with just 2k, u go Bleep, enjoy n happy! No need to fear HIV, u go use double con.dom! Whether christianity or not, to be gay na BIG sin for all religion

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]useless writeup and op u ar a fool
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by iboman(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: this is a very big lie.

Love your comment though.the points you noted will be in the part2 the following sunday.

I don't think it's a lie. First and foremost, accepting homosexuality as a way of life is contrary to God's purpose for creating them "male and female", not "male and male". Secondly, once you accept the homosexual way of life, there's no sin factor again hence no struggle to overcome sinning against God as in cases where one feels he's sinning and has to overcome it. Now, when the adulterous woman was brought to Christ, though he said "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone", yet he told her to sin no more.

It is true that Christ associated with sinners but he always encouraged them to stop sinning. His style was using love to encourage sinners to stop sinning and not like the phareses way of using condemnation to stop sin. But Christ emphasized righteousness and humility hence he would say "except your righteousness exceeds that of the pharesees, you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven" and "he who would be the greatest should be like a little baby". And Christ sermon on the mount raises the standard of righteousness expected of Christians far beyond that of the jews.

In conclusion, I'll say I don't think Christ would've accepted the homosexual way of life. It's clearly contrary to God's purpose in making them male and female, encouraging marriage, destroying Sodom and Gomorrah and the general condemnation of homosexual activity in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]and op may Jesus flush ur sense of reasoning with apiti water and may you wallow in stup!doty

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]wia u born to be gay or u influenced it..worldly tins...ona de follow white men abi...God said gO intO d wOrld and multiply..so hOw how u goin to giv birth by marring same sex..ok.u wil adopt a child..i wonder d tye Of training dat d child will recieve.if everybody become gay..imagine how d world go b na. .something dat influenced u.i dont blame u
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine:
Love your comment though.the points you noted will be in the part2 the following sunday.
What...?
U mean, u plan releasing this nonsense episode by episode.
U should do whatever you wanna do in the comfort of your room but planning to start bombarding us with part by part release of this ish is definitely unacceptable.
Part1 ko, season 4 ni angry

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]and op y was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed, may hot water rain in ur street.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nonybb: Hezron or wateva u called urself u sound like a demon to me! Shameless ppl!
_

Actually I am the demon. #JustSoYouKnow
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by arctoni: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Trust me u ar actualy an agent of d devil who has been sent 2 promote homosexuality...turnin d bible upsid down,decievin does who nid help,....it isn't sumtin to b encouragd cus dy nid help ad we al nid salvation.......u can't say cus u ar a sinner u shld continue 2 spend u lif in sin....GOD help us
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nonybb: Hezron or wateva u called urself u sound like a demon to me! Shameless ppl!
kindly make comments on the post.do not attack anyone please.Thank You.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / Sharon Oyakilome Frimpong Won Two Awards At The Same Time, Praise Her Husband / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.