Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26253 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Allen kee:

"None of us can be Christian"!
Can you please explain yourself and why not speak for youself? Stop generalizing speak for yourself, you know what you do in secret that does not mean everybody do what you do.
If you don't sin, my statement does not apply to you

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Speakdatruth: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: this is a very big lie.

Love your comment though.the points you noted will be in the part2 the following sunday.
ds guy z gay
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Soloter(m): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr. Heron Loraine, you are a deluded being. the Gay sexual orientation is synonymous with occultism. you opined that once saved, the person is forever saved. this is one of the most fallacious expressions I've recently heard. The Christ you are blindly alluding that never forsakes if one comes to Him says in John 8:31 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;"
(KJV). Don't you think God will contradict Himself by allowing gays of this generation to see heaven whereas the ones of Abrahamic Gen. were not? God detests sodomy just as any other sin He is against.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ op, the bottom line...GOD who made the heaven and earth,your creator, my creator is Holy. GOD is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity...if the righteous scarcely be saved,where will the sinner appear? Now if you can answer this question truthfully from your heart by your own conscience, then you know the answer to this: Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Jesus Christ calls you,come follow me, leave the filth behind,walk in the newness of life..now where is your testimony if you adamantly hang on to this..homosexuality is crossing the line, it is ABOMINATION..period
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Forwetinnah: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
the_ripper3: U dey use God play abi? Which kind oxymoron be Christain gay?

More like saying a godly atheist.

I wonder? Sodomy is a thing of pride these days, the rate at which some humans go about flaunting their gay status is alarming..to make matters worse, they tend to draw sympathy from any1 who cares to listen, making it seem like they are being mistreated( you must be sick if you always want people to sympathize/empathize with you). WHY WOULD ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING HAVE EROTIC FEELINGS FOR THE SAME SEX?! I'd like to meet a homosexual some day and ask some serious questions that's if I can even stand the person to start with. I am homophobic to the core..and I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR IT!! Bible or no Bible, Christianity or not..its completely AGAINST HUMAN NATURE
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by xerxes456(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
joel lala: @OP, sorry but you cant be a christain( or else maybe by mouth) and still be gay.

What has the act of darkness have to do with light

no vex but i leave you with these verses.

Kindly ponder on them okay:

Romans 1:21-32:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Also,

1 Kings 14:24:

'There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites'

To crown it up read,

1 Corinthians 6:9

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality':

The sad thing is that gays, lesbians and all forms of homosexuals know about all these verses..they know that God does not like that act of homosexuality but they are looking for all means to hide themselves from their shameful acts, now they want to hide their acts in the disguise of being christains.

I want you to know that i can not force you to change your acts but only you can make that bold steps by yourself.

Always remember that God loves you..wink
say it over и̣̣̣̣̥‎​ over...read и̣̣̣̣̥‎​ live mister homosexual... READ AND BE SAVED FROM THE COLD GRIP OF THE PIT OF HELL PLEASE...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by masqot(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
I'll like the OP to sit down (not as the author of that article) as a candid individual and read his article again. On what basis is he writing? As a Christian or as logical person? I want to believe, he's writing logically and he has not taken time to read the Bible. There's nothing in the world today that cannot be established in the Bible. We all commit sin but do we hide it or confess and ask for forgiveness. Accepted, wee are all created differently. On that basis, I'll accomodate a gay, ... However, for you to be accepted into any 'community' you may need to conform. The Bible has a standard (even the Quran) on this matter, which is very obvious. We all have to strive (be it gay, hetero or homo) to align to this standard because there cannot be half-way. Can a servant serve two masters?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
People are really becoming sick lately. Have you people take the time to ask yourself who is a true Christian? What are the quality of the true Christian, a true Christian should hate all the scriptures call detestable things. A true Christian is someone who follows Bible principles.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dallyemmy: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
embarassedShall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! Is like saying a Christian who still Kills embarassed
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by lymelyte(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
how i wish NL was a facial forum.All these demonic gays on this forum,na God go judge una..may thunder fire all of una.
if una parent na gay,dem for born una? Ba-stardz

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Sleekydee(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
@nairalanders....All u pple lambasting the Op, sayin repent, change bla bla bla. Una don check una life self. Most of u ar fornicators, liars, thieves etc...as we all know or bliv it God will not threat homosexuality n other sins separately...so tk a brk n check ur life...

@OP....Do not b deceived, Homo sexuality is one of d devil's tool to lure pple into d pit of hell(Y? Thanks for asking)....look Satan has powers(only an ignorant xtian wud deny dis)....the only tin he can't do is CREATE(that only belongs to God). Since satan ws cast outta heaven, he has bin parading d earth seeking different ways to PERVERT the natural order of things...and O my! O my!! Dere is much tins God hates more than perversion!!!! Cos its an act of replacing the ORIGINAL plans with a counterfeit...we kno God is supreme n Omnievrytin. He knows all tins, do u tink he 4got to tell d animals once a while to practice HOMO Or av u by chance seeing such happen? u tink its a coincidence it isn't possible? Anyways!!! Christ once said, JUST AS IT WAS IN D BEGINNING SO SHA IT BE WEN D TIME OF D SON OF MAN IS @ HAND(homos yapa 4 beginning)...so look d increase n associatn n Obama n govt fighting 4 homo won't end, infact it will increase, dey will get mi homos endorsement n bla bla bla because its a PROPHESY and Thus Saith the Lord can neva FAIL!!! Gay or Not, I love u and pray God help u.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by elampiro(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
Being gay is a direct rebellion to God.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Myque1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Homosexuality is clearly wrong in Christianity. I believe it's rather erroneous for one to live an unrepentant active gay lifestyle, in other words rebelling against biblical doctrines, and still refer to oneself as a Christian. It's an entirely different thing though if one's battling with gay feelings and tendencies and occasionally falls but is sorry, repentant and acknowledges that one has sinned. I see no reason why homosexuality should be treated like it's more grievous than other sins though. You're just as guilty as a homosexual if you're a Christian and still tell lies.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
No you are a devil's agent at work, trying to deceive God's children, a wolf in the farm. U ain't a Christian. U should try Islam fcking dirty animal, may u die in pain and rot in hell .
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
For wetin nah?:

I wonder? Sodomy is a thing of pride these days, the rate at which some humans go about flaunting their gay status is alarming..to make matters worse, they tend to draw sympathy from any1 who cares to listen, making it seem like they are being mistreated( you must be sick if you always want people to sympathize/empathize with you). WHY WOULD ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING HAVE EROTIC FEELINGS FOR THE SAME SEX?! I'd like to meet a homosexual some day and ask some serious questions that's if I can even stand the person to start with. I am homophobic to the core..and I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR IT!! Bible or no Bible, Christianity or not..its completely AGAINST HUMAN NATURE

The fact remains..that your best friend, brother or colleague may just be one. Most times you don't need to look so far away. And eventually when you find out, you would be left speechless, cos you would have found out that these are just everyday normal people, just like you. You wouldn't know the average gay person if he walked past you.

And we don't need sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: No you are a devil's agent at work, trying to deceive God's children, a wolf in the farm. U ain't a Christian. U should try Islam fcking dirty animal, may u die in pain and rot in hell .

A Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
udifrancis: God forbid. Gays a demons possessed men.
yet if u check ur family u'l find dem. Is dat d best word 2 use 4 dem?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by RemKen: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Why limiting it to Christianity? I don't know of any religion with normal human sense that applauds gay, except someone has sold his/her soul to the devil, he/she cannot be boasting of been one. Its not religion alone, but a man who has not exchange his soul with something else won't consider it. As for your question OP, if you know WHO A CHRISTIAN is, you wouldn't ask this question but most people think a christian is someone who attends church.

Note that it doesn't matter how much the devil try, the world of God stands sure, what did Lot referred to as wickedness in Gen. 19:7? Lev.18:22-24 means what? Judges 19:23, an old man called the act wickedness. There were gays even before Jesus was born and they were not looking for recognition through the church. Imagine gays/lesbians looking for children to adopt? What a contradiction? If everyone is gay/lesbian where will the children come from?

Now to new testament, what can a gay say about Romans 1:18-32? 1 Cor.6:9-11, 1Tim 1:8-10 and even Jude 7 made reference to sexual perversion of Sodom and Gomorrah? pls look elsewhere to justify your evil act.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
The real question is, can you be ignorant and still be a Christian? A resounding "Yes."
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by ideyvexnow: 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Homosexuality and Lesbianism are anti Christianity.

If you have those impulses, then God save your soul cos the Devil have deeply taken over your soul.

One million rationalizations or justifications can never make evil/sin acceptable to God.

If you are Gay and repent, then God will forgive you, but if you refuse to control yourself and keep giving in to your demonic gay impulses, then you will have a date with God on judgement day.

It's like asking whether someone can be a pagan and a christian at the same time.

Water and Oil do not mix.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by babsomotde(m): 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
IMPOSSIBLE... I cannot be "g" talkless of being "ga". Now, let alone the full three letter words....Nba. Lailai. Oti oo. Ko joor atall. I reject bad things by fire and thunderstorms. Jesus Christ, Help me oo..
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

A Christian.

Did CAMEROONPRIDE say he's one? Did you check out his profile? If I remember correctly, he's one of Nairaland's champions of African paganism? https://www.nairaland.com/1319864/pagan9ja
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

The fact remains..that your best friend, brother or colleague may just be one. Most times you don't need to look so far away. And eventually when you find out, you would be left speechless, cos you would have found out that these are just everyday normal people, just like you. You wouldn't know the average gay person if he walked past you.

And we don't need sympathy.

If a Christian finds out his brother is a homosexual, he will do the same thing he will do to any other sinner; pray for him and preach to him. If he repents and accepts Jesus Christ, that will be great. If he refuses, then it is his choice. But you cannot demand that people accept your ways. That is where the problem is. You cannot claim the church should accept you. Why do you lot always seek attention and approval. If you truly believe what you are doing is right, you wouldnt really be forcing others to approve it. The word of God clearly says it is wrong. If you choose that way, then go on but why try to drag the word of God into it. What kind of approval are you trying to get from God's word? No matter how you try, you wont have such approval because it aint there. Even if the pope and a thousand preachers come out to accept it, it will never change God's word because it has already been written. No pastor or preacher or pope can alter God's word. It is settled in heaven and settled on the earth

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Danielokeoma(f): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Finally the devil has succeeded in putting wrong ideas into the minds of people who believes that there is nothing wrong with gayism or one being a homosexual but the truth still remains that we cannot alter God's creation which is male/female not male/male or female/female.Going against this order of creation means you are challenging God's authority which is a very terrible mistake anyone can make so my ans is NO.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by nasonaso: 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
joel lala: @OP, sorry but you cant be a christain( or else maybe by mouth) and still be gay.

What has the act of darkness have to do with light

no vex but i leave you with these verses.

Kindly ponder on them okay:

Romans 1:21-32:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Also,

1 Kings 14:24:

'There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites'

To crown it up read,

1 Corinthians 6:9

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality':

The sad thing is that gays, lesbians and all forms of homosexuals know about all these verses..they know that God does not like that act of homosexuality but they are looking for all means to hide themselves from their shameful acts, now they want to hide their acts in the disguise of being christains.

I want you to know that i can not force you to change your acts but only you can make that bold steps by yourself.

Always remember that God loves you..wink
please send me your numba make i give u recharge card smiley
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by nasonaso: 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Read the story of Sodom and gomorrah then you would ask your self why did God destroy the city it was because men wanted to have sexual intercost with angel who came to visit lot

abeg give me ur numba make i send u recharge card
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
The Writer:
_

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS, PEOPLE!!! GOD DID NOT CREATE ANYTHING. THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wat is this spaghetti shyte u always talking about?? Don't gerrit pls.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Being gay is not a sin. Having gay sex is. As is having premarital sex.
We have devoted gay christians, who hav decided to put away their sexuality and serve God wholly.
Sm guys here with 10 gfs n never spent a day without sex be spewing hate on gays. There are gay guys who had never used their pen1s once, because they are afraid to sin. Now tell me why God would rage on them. There were born that way, He made them that way. If it's a mistake, it's His.
Live ur own life, this heaven race is a personal affair. And u re never gonne score an xtra mark by condemning gays, helping God do his work.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Hemical: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Why are you all making an issue out of this? Let me add a twist to this. If you feel you are gay, fine. If you engage in homosexual acts without being "married", it is sinful according to the bible. So, be gay or not but as long as you are doing it (engaging in homosexual acts) outside marriage, it's a sin. Now, when you are married as a gay person (if accepted in this part of the world), we will now discuss the christian perspective of it. Till then just know you are sinning.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by richP: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Let's clear the air on some misconceptions mostly relating to the sodom and gommorah story.feel free to prove me wrong.Thanks.
keep twisting the scriptures
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by everyday: 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
It is very disappointing for seun making such disgusting topic go to frontpage
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theoctopus: 12:06am On Sep 03, 2013
Jen2l: Being gay is not a sin. Having gay sex is. As is having premarital sex.
We have devoted gay christians, who hav decided to put away their sexuality and serve God wholly.
Sm guys here with 10 gfs n never spent a day without sex be spewing hate on gays. There are gay guys who had never used their pen1s once, because they are afraid to sin. Now tell me why God would rage on them. There were born that way, He made them that way. If it's a mistake, it's His.
Live ur own life, this heaven race is a personal affair. And u re never gonne score an xtra mark by condemning gays, helping God do his work.

There is nothing like a devoted gay Christian, That is a contradiction

Secondly, gay is not a natural or physical state you are born into, like color and gender. It is a choice and a desire you have. Homosexuals are only trying to justify their act by claiming they were born that way. No one is born a homosexual. You choose to be a homosexual. There is nothing like a homosexual gene.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakilome Frimpong Won Two Awards At The Same Time, Praise Her Husband / The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / Throwback Picture Of Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.