Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. (546 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Gombe After Parents Refuse Choice Of Wife (graphic Pic) / Stepmother Burns Girl In Gombe After Killing Her Mother & Sister / Pastor Arrested As Police Recover Seven Stolen Vehicles Inside Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by AbuMikey(m): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nineteen Traffic Marshals, working for the Gombe State government on Tuesday sustained various degrees of injuries in clashes with a group of policemen in Gombe.

Mr Babaji Dunama, General Manager of the Gombe
State Agency for Social Services and Other Related
Matters, made the disclosure in an interview in Gombe, the state capital.

He said that the clashes followed a disagreement
between the police and the marshals at the Cross
Roundabout in Gombe town. The marshals are youths, employed by the State Government to perform sundry duties such as assisting in controlling traffic and enforcing environmental sanitation laws.

Dunama alleged that the marshals were attacked by the police while performing their duties. The general manager said that when he tried to ask the police to stop harassing the marshals, the policemen threatened him. He said that shortly after he left the place, the problem degenerated with the policemen beating marshals on duty.

Dunama said that after the incident at the roundabout, eight vehicles filled with police men
went to his office at the Ministry of Youth and Poverty Alleviation and ransacked it while every marshal they saw there was beaten.

He alleged that the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of the Gombe Command, Mr Baba Yola, led the policemen to commit the act. The general manager said that the DPO had been having problems with marshals, adding that his incessant harassment of the marshals was a threat to peace in the state.

He said that the 19 wounded marshals were arrested and taken to the police station. Dunama, however, said that after he reported the matter to the Commissioner of Police, Mr Kudu Nma, the marshals were released on bail.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the
Gombe State Police Command, Mr Fwaje Atajiri,
said that two policemen from the Gombe Police Division were sent to invite some persons suspected of committing assault. According to the PPRO, when the policemen tried to invite one of the suspects, he refused and an argument ensued between the suspect and the policemen.
He said it was later discovered that the suspect was a marshal but that he was not in uniform.

Atajiri said that the clash could not have occurred if the police had known that the suspect was a marshal. The spokesman said that the marshal should have followed the policemen to the station to explain and identify himself since he was not in uniform.

The PPRO denied allegations that policemen in eight vehicles went and beat many marshals in the

Ministry of Youth and Poverty Alleviation.
Atajiri said the police was a disciplined organisation and that investigation would be conducted and anyone found to have gone beyond the call of his duties would not be spared. (NAN)

SOURCE]
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by mazizitonene(m): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hmm...no b small package o
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Another sign of end time
#make i dey preach am#
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by homesteady(m): 9:07am On Sep 04, 2013
LOL! Soldier beat police, police to dey go beat traffic marshal! gringrin power pass power
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Tolexander: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Another sign of end time
#make i dey preach am#
guy!
You had better stopped this 'end time things'.
Mukina don dey ban person o. She gave me 3days ban.
It took Allah's intervention for her to release just now.
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Tolexander: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2013
He alleged that the Divisional
Police Officer (DPO) of the
Gombe Command, Mr Baba
Yola, led the policemen to
commit the act. The general
manager said that the DPO had
been having problems with
marshals, adding that his
incessant harassment of the
marshals was a threat to peace
in the state.
na so dem carry themselves go meet ombatse people wey almost none of them
survived.
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Nomski0(f): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2013
Tolexander: guy!
You had better stopped this 'end time things'.
Mukina don dey ban person o. She gave me 3days ban.
It took Allah's intervention for her to release just now.
Aunty Mukina gave ban for just typing 'end time things'? shocked shocked That itself is a sign of end time. grin

1 Like

Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Tolexander: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2013
Nomski0:
Aunty Mukina gave ban for just typing 'end time things'? shocked shocked That itself is a sign of end time. grin
am serious! Throughout yesterday evening and this morning, i was unable to post until i begged her.
Re: 19 Injured,as Police,marshall Clash In Gombe. by Nomski0(f): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2013
Tolexander: am serious! Throughout yesterday evening and this morning, i was unable to post until i begged her.
*looks left* *looks right* I said end time things too. She might be reading this now. *whispers* please dont ban me aunty mukina.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Jailed 14 Years For Stealing N3.15m / Man Stands Trial For Raping His Own Mother In Ekiti State / Nigeria: Militants Kill Students In College Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.