Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm (1640 Views)

Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor / Your Experience On Klm To London / Is Their Anyway I Can Sell Or Get My Money Back From Return Ticket From Klm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2013
I usually fly direct to the UK but I want to experience something new so I've decided to take an indirect flight using KLM. But the transfer time at Amsterdam is 10hrs 10mins. I've never been to schiphol before so I have a little concern,hope we'll be allowed into the airport terminal and not be stuck in the lounge for the 10hrs wait? And hope there's a sleeping area within the airport. Will I be allowed to take a few mins excursion into town for views and probably taking of photographs?
Pls any frequent KLM traveller in the house shud kindly help clear my concerns. Thanks in advance.
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2013
Yes u can take a few mins exclusion into town to take photographs but don't be carried away bro... amsterdam is a very nice and beautiful city according to my brothers and my sisters because they normally travel to Germany via KLM and always having stopover @ Amsterdam I guess my mum love amsterdam airport very well because she like taking pictures there everytime.... safe trip my brother and bring something for the boys when u are coming back ooooo grin
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by DisGuy: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2013
If you have EU visa or Passport you'll be allowed to leave the lounge area.

if you don't 10hours is damn long time to sit and wait especially knowing theres a beautiful, lively terminal outside waiting to be explored cheesy

If you booked your tickets yourself, I'll advise you to go back online and choose a more appropriate change over time. they have connecting flights every other hour
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by solomonwis(m): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2013
abi_jr: I usually fly direct to the UK but I want to experience something new so I've decided to take an indirect flight using KLM. But the transfer time at Amsterdam is 10hrs 10mins. I've never been to schiphol before so I have a little concern,hope we'll be allowed into the airport terminal and not be stuck in the lounge for the 10hrs wait? And hope there's a sleeping area within the airport. Will I be allowed to take a few mins excursion into town for views and probably taking of photographs?
Pls any frequent KLM traveller in the house shud kindly help clear my concerns. Thanks in advance.

You can't explore the town unless you a schengen visa or you have an EU passport just as Dis Guy mentioned.

Amsterdam is a nice place to be and I bet you won't have any dull moment during the 10hr lay over.
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by kadman(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2013
As others mentioned if you have an EU visa, EU passport or Passport of a country that is visa free to The Neatherlands then you would be able to come out of the airport.
If you don't you would be restricted to the airport. Contrary to what another poster said you would be able to leave the lounge and explore the airport as the immigration unit is the extreme end of the airport. Schipol has a museum, cafes, free Wifi and duty free shopping.

I did the same thing you're doing first time I travelled to England about six years back. The 7 hours was a long wait.
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by collins123(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2013
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2013
10 hours ? Good luck. I normally stay for a hour and I'm off to my next destination.
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by DisGuy: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2013
Im actually thinking of doing the same via Dubai next time but i'll be staying for a day or two

it's like a holiday within a holiday cheesy
Re: 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm by Godson201333(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dis Guy: Im actually thinking of doing the same via Dubai next time but i'll be staying for a day or two

it's like a holiday within a holiday cheesy

I think I am in love with that Dubai Airport..You can get carried away with the airport alone if you do not want to experience the city...However Dubai is also beautiful i now enjoy flying Emirates.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between England, Scotland And United Kingdom Visa? / Holiday Rental In The US / You Won't Believe This Is LAGOS Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.