Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? (24350 Views)

. / How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! / That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Mesmerize(f): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
most of the time, yes. .
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by OrumbaS89(f): 11:56pm On Jul 04, 2008
@E

I don't.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by bebure(m): 1:31am On Jul 05, 2008
How would a kalabari person look?
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Mesmerize(f): 1:46am On Jul 05, 2008
bebure:

How would a kalabari person look?
poster said nigerians overall , not which tribe in nigeria

A Nigerian usually have high cheeks and big nose undecided
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by OrumbaS89(f): 2:42am On Jul 05, 2008
No, I didn't. I asked for specifics.

What tribe has what characteristics? How can you tell each of us apart?
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by shuppie(f): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2008
pls, nobody should take these descriptions seriously, cos i dont want anyone pouncing on me thinking am dissing their tribe even though there maybe some truth in it,

IBOS-----------(men) usually thick, with some funny looking head, u know what i mean
( women) some are fair complexion, beautiful and slim.
YORUBAS-------(men) some are tall, some re bleaching ( especially men from ibadan, eg. alao akala.)
( women) some have killer azzes, beautiful, some re slim too,
HAUSAS-------(MEN) usually tall and really slim. with (eyin goro).lollll always eating kolanut, some re good looking
(women) beautiful and slim,

i dont know jare, no harm meant ok, grin grin grin
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by thando(f): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2008
u can definately tell west africans by looking at them as well as eastern southern and northern africans
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by dreeldee: 3:06am On Jul 06, 2008
shuppie it seems you have a PHD in Nigeria and her Tribes cool
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by shuppie(f): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2008
don't mind me jare, grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by EXPONENT(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2008
All I know is that the Yorbas are some UGLY mofo's here in the U.S.

you can walk past a alot of the other tribes, except the really really dark ones that look a little like gorrila's, but even then they still look better than the Yorba's.

that's my experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by dreeldee: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2008
shocked shocked you must have had the worst experience meeting the ugly ones and that's not even the question been asked here, i wonder what your beef is with the yorubas that you're this serious about it. cool

and by the way, ugliness is not a tribe of any country or ethnicity
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by EXPONENT(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2008
you must have had the worst experience meeting the ugly ones and that's not even the question been asked here, i wonder what your beef is with the yorubas that you're this serious about it.

yeah, man, I've had and IS having some real bad experiences with certain Africans.

I don't know why

I've tried to engage them, but they seem as if they hate the ground I walk on -and at the same time - will run up to YT and kiss their azz's backwards and forwards.

I don't get it.

Thus, I've given up interpersonal contact and erected a WALL!

I guess if I was fu_cked up, ashy, poor and lacking we'd get along fine.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by lucabrasi(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2008
@exponent
of all your posts i have been reading all these days,this last one i agree with wholeheartedly 100%
even though i am yoruba,i have had the same experience with fellow nigerians especially in my university here,they will rather sit next to a white guy/gurl in class and even if they sit next to u will avoid conversing with you,other africans guilty of this kissing oyibo ass are the south africans and zimbabweans, theres even an annoying little ugly congo dude who does it the most,morning of one of our exams he tried chatting the white guys up and they politely cut him short then he made his way to me and i said a quick hello and walked off
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Vallo57(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2008
dreeldee:

shocked shocked you must have had the worst experience meeting the ugly ones and that's not even the question been asked here, i wonder what your beef is with the yorubas that you're this serious about it. cool

EXPONENT:

yeah, man, I've had and IS having some real bad experiences with certain Africans.

I don't know why

I've tried to engage them, but they seem as if they hate the ground I walk on -and at the same time - will run up to YT and kiss their azz's backwards and forwards.

I don't get it.

Thus, I've given up interpersonal contact and erected a WALL!

I guess if I was fu_cked up, ashy, poor and lacking we'd get along fine.

Expo:

Maybe your personality is whacked and people(mostly Africans) can tell and smell you miles away. They properly don,t want your ilk near them , "Mofo" like you are bad news and your are not worth the trouble.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by EXPONENT(m): 1:31am On Jul 07, 2008
Expo:

Maybe your personality is whacked and people(mostly Africans) can tell and smell you miles away. They properly don,t want your ilk near them , "Mofo" like you are bad news and your are not worth the trouble.

See what I mean wink

on the contrary.

I'm UPPER MIDDLE CLASS and obviously these mofo's got some self-esteem issues LIKE YOU.

I've had this conversation with other WELL EDUCATED African Americans, and they say the same thing.

The uneducated AA's Don't give no Bleep about you and really DON'T know or care if Africans existed.

Word!
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by EXPONENT(m): 1:34am On Jul 07, 2008
@exponent
of all your posts i have been reading all these days,this last one i agree with wholeheartedly 100%
even though i am yoruba,i have had the same experience with fellow nigerians especially in my university here,they will rather sit next to a white guy/girl in class and even if they sit next to u will avoid conversing with you,other africans guilty of this kissing oyibo ass are the south africans and zimbabweans, theres even an annoying little ugly congo dude who does it the most,morning of one of our exams he tried chatting the white guys up and they politely cut him short then he made his way to me and i said a quick hello and walked off

YUP!

AA's are NOT TRYING to kiss YT's azz.

Africans looks stupid doing it - on the real.

It says something about a man that thinks NOTHING of himself and run towards YT's for approval. They will eventually, turn on them dumbaZZ fools - and or treat them inferior.

But they don't care - as long as they are around YT's they are in heaven. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Vallo57(m): 1:22am On Jul 08, 2008
EXPONENT:

See what I mean wink

on the contrary.

I'm UPPER MIDDLE CLASS and obviously these mofo's got some self-esteem issues LIKE YOU.

I've had this conversation with other WELL EDUCATED African Americans, and they say the same thing.

The uneducated AA's Don't give no Bleep about you and really DON'T know or care if Africans existed.

Word!

You are the one with self-esteem problem. Upper middle class my ass. Empty barrel they say, makes most noise. Judging from your ranting on this board, I can confidently say you are raw and untutored.

Word to you Mofo.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 08, 2008
Exponent, any american can claim to be upper middle class . . . all you need is good credit to continue living in debt forever.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by getahead: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2008
I am curious about Bini people. What makes them stand out?
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Macgreat(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
You can when you see an Hausa man. grin
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Ikengawo: 7:22am On Aug 18, 2009
I am curious about Bini people. What makes them stand out?
I've noticed they're dark and their nose is distinct, it looks like a melted igbo nose LOL!

from what i've seen

Igbo- Big heads, dominate facial features, often lighter skinned then average west african, over dressed or well dressed, good looking, slim, mainly western attire in and out of nigeria, skin often has a bunch of different colors on different spots.

yoruba- dark, round eyes large eyes, ugly lol

hausa- tall dark, toned down facial features (smaller noses smaller eyes smaller lips), skin is usually 1 soild color all over, either really good looking are supremely ugly

ogoni- SHORT, stalky, like shrunken igbo, HUGE heads, epically pushed back hair lines,

that's all i know.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Diva1(f): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2009
Yeah most times it's easy to tell.

@ Ikengawo

, igbos, big heads? lol
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Ikengawo: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2009
im gonna be honest, im igbo lol, our heads are huge and have those unique set of shapes you just can't describe.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Diva1(f): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2009
Ikengawo:

im gonna be honest, im igbo lol, our heads are huge and have those unique set of shapes you just can't describe.

LOL, but I don't have a big head now
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ topic

yes, most times its easy to tell a Nigerian and African by their face. No matter how much you try to look different.

EXPONENT:

All I know is that the Yorbas are some UGLY mofo's here in the U.S.

you can walk past a alot of the other tribes, except the really really dark ones that look a little like gorrila's, but even then they still look better than the Yorba's.

that's my experience

are you referring to the picture in your profile:

Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Ikengawo: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
LOL, but I don't have a big head now
but you know you have a relative with a plus sized village head lol
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by Moyola(f): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
Oh yeah!!
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by SweetLaugh(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
Yeahh
Thats Kind of easy to me
Since my mum and dad do it all the tyme
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by ijawgirl: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2009
well I cant
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by platinumnk(f): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
yes i can
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by africhika(f): 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2009
i can look and guess 90% correct.

i'm an igbo gal: caramal-colored skin, very petite, gapped teeth with big eyes. typical igbo features.

all the 9ja guys I happen to find attractive are yoruba guys. sometimes i'll see a guy who i don't know and find him attractive. usually, he'll turn out to be yoruba. anyway, most of the YOUNG yoruba guys in my church are average-tall in height. dark-skinned with very very slim faces, slim body and very high cheek bones. my sister only likes igbo guys. she likes their stocky, muscular shape and fuller heads.

yoruba: beautifully high cheek bones for men & women. women have curvy shapes. women are usually short or average and usually have small, widely spaced eyes. smooth skin, usually. personally, i think yoruba women have exotic, fashion-model looks.

[b]igbos: [/b]there is more variety among the igbos when it comes to appearance. but many of them are brown-light skinned.  igbo women tend to be on the tall side. gapped teeth and big eyes are common. yes, igbo men have distinct head shapes. very round heads. igbo men are usually not tall.

i read somewhere that during the slave trade, the igbos were marked by their skin town. in the caribbeans, slave masters would refer to any light colored african as HEEBO.
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by africhika(f): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
    Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face?
« #52 on: August 18, 2009, 07:22 AM »

hausa- tall dark, toned down facial features (smaller noses smaller eyes smaller lips), skin is usually 1 soild color all over, either[b] really good looking are supremely ugly [/b]

oh my gosh! that was strong. anyway, that's how i feel about yoruba. either very very beautiful drop dead GORGEOUS or ummmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa: Is It Time To Put An End To Traditional Wedding Rites? / Cultural Ceremony To Crown The Pere Of Tarakiri Kingdom In Bayelsa (photos) / Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.