Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) (26358 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Dhortunn(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2013
*space chopped*
BTW this fine [/s] pictures will cut some people daily 5MB MTN data o
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Lordave: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2013
Nice pictures. Umuahia wu nsi.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by BarryX(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2013
Sometimes one sees some things and your lost patriotism suddenly resurface. And you see or read another some -- the hatred comes again .
What a country of stark contrast and opposing stories.
Like seriously-- Ikot Ikpene has an open park --
Damn-- I'm moving from this dense den of wolves and smelly gutters
Is Warri status as a city really "unheralded"??
Yenogoa ain't a bad idea either !
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by plezant(f): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
smileythe 8th pic is near my ofis smileythe 8th pic is near my ofis

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by infonubia(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks for posting this. Very impressive!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by AkinDavid2: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice Pics.

#TeamEket
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ugomallam: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
SEE THE THINGS ASUU CAUSE
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by tonychristopher: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
yesterday a Yoruba man was disappointed when he learnt that the shoprite that was located in Ibadan was about to be shot down because of low patronage due to low income,poverty and conservative mentality of that rusty old city. It was touted and joked that the Ibadan man can't comprehend why he should buy a price tag commodity while the shoprite that is located in Enugu there has been plans for expansion of the project. As an enlightened mind… what does this tell you. [/b]

6 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by RedCard1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yenagoa doesn't qualify to be there unless it's not the Yenagoa that I'hv been to 6 times this year. You guys should forget these pictures you are seeing here. Go inside Yenagoa and see for yourself. Warri deserves to be there especially for the fact it's not a state capital. I'm suprised Makurdi and Umuahia are not done with their boom yet. These states have been booming even before I was born. Ikot Ekpene is beautiful though.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Goddex: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yenagoa is a city of the future.
I used to look down on that city based on some scathing remarks I read
here on nairaland but my opinion changed since November 2012 when I first visited.
The next 10yrs will surely see that city going places.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by lincolnj88: 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
Warri nor dey carry last........dutse is dere jst because of the governor doings...wat of any state in borno and kastina(buhari d desperado)
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Davo93(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice one OP, i know Akure to have been remodelled by the caring heart governor, Dr Mimiko. I still reiterate my claim that in the next few years, Ondo State will be the hub of economy in South West... #ThanksMimiko #ThanksDangote #ThankGod
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by moscobabs(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Op how much the Politicians pay u for this Campaign?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Davo93(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
plezant: smileythe 8th pic is near my ofis smileythe 8th pic is near my ofis
I like your sincerity, near your office and not your office... wink
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Anvaller: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Just a very few of these pictures are actually relevant when we are talking of developments. The problem with Nigerians is that we still do not know what development means. The OP posted several pictures of just a house that is well painted or a Bank building or just a random mansion that was probably built with stolen money and some hotels or estate with manicured gardens. He even showed pictures of Government houses. Now tell me, do all these things show that the cities are booming?

If u want to show booming places, lets see stuffs like tourist attraction that is well attended, or industrial terrains, or provision of infrastructure that massively benefits the masses irrespective of class. E.G a mass transit system like a tram or light rails. That's development. Or eradication of slums and replacing it with modern well planned housing projects targeted at at least the middle class and not the rich few. That is development. If u want to continue to show beautiful random pictures like these and say its development, then all states in Nigeria are booming.

9 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by securi: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
@tonychristopher, Ibadan is one of the cheapest place to live in Nigeria. Foodstuff and other things are so cheap and they are used to it moreover, they are conservative in nature, simple, not pretentious or showy and that is the reason. I am from Ibadan and I predicted it too and I am not surprised. Opening a Shoprite is not a developmental move and I dont see any big deal there. People want productive things not a thing that will drain their purse especially when there is even no big deal in what they sell or the prices.

tonychristopher: yesterday a Yoruba man was disappointed when he learnt that the shoprite that was located in Ibadan was about to be shot down because of low patronage due to low income,poverty and conservative mentality of that rusty old city. It was touted and joked that the Ibadan man can't comprehend why he should buy a price tag commodity while the shoprite that is located in Enugu there has been plans for expansion of the project. As an enlightened mind… what does this tell you. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Anvaller: Just a very few of these pictures are actually relevant when we are talking of developments. The problem with Nigerians is that we still do not know what development means. The OP posted several pictures of just a house that is well painted or a Bank building or just a random mansion that was probably built with stolen money and some hotels or estate with manicured gardens. He even showed pictures of Government houses. Now tell me, do all these things show that the cities are booming?

If u want to show booming places, lets see stuffs like tourist attraction that is well attended, or industrial terrains, or provision of infrastructure that massively benefits the masses irrespective of class. E.G a mass transit system like a tram or light rails. That's development. Or eradication of slums and replacing it with modern well planned housing projects targeted at at least the middle class and not the rich few. That is development. If u want to continue to show beautiful random pictures like these and say its development, then all states in Nigeria are booming.

People like u only see what u want to see, and always negative. That's the answer to your diatribe. I'm sure you saw "random mansions built with stolen money" in Onne port, Abuja's water treatment centre, and Ikot Ekpene's public parks, among other infrastructure depicted.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by spicyuzo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
This OP is the presidential photographer.....Seeing the pics posted above, are we all supposed to jubilate that nigeria has arrived? Boom Boom BOOMB BOOOOOOM
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
spicyuzo: This OP is the presidential photographer.....Seeing the pics posted above, are we all supposed to jubilate that nigeria has arrived? Boom Boom BOOMB BOOOOOOM
Do you mind not ascribing false job titles to me? As for the rest of your comments, I'll put it down to low IQ.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
data? ten year trend analysis? socioeconomic and demographic indices in 2003 as against 2013 in each city?

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Evestar200(f): 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
@OP,, all those pics u post as warri are not warri o,,those places are Uvwie,,so stop lieing here,,cuz Warri is a glorified village
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by maskid(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
i think it should READ ''UN-HERALDED BUILDINGS '' IN nigeria. cant see any town just Buildings
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by tonychristopher: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
securi: @tonychristopher, Ibadan is one of the cheapest place to live in Nigeria. Foodstuff and other things are so cheap and they are used to it moreover, they are conservative in nature, simple, not pretentious or showy and that is the reason. I am from Ibadan and I predicted it too and I am not surprised. Opening a Shoprite is not a developmental move and I dont see any big deal there. People want productive things not a thing that will drain their purse especially when there is even no big deal in what they sell or the prices.

THANKS FOR PUTTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT.... THE MAN WAS SO ANNOYED THAT IBADAN WITH ALL THESE YEARS AS ONE OF THE OLDEST CITY IS STILL RUSTY ALLOWING NW TOWNS TO OVERTAKE THEM ECONOMICALLY ..... HE EVEN SAID THAT THE SHOPRITE IS CLOSING DOWN AND WHAT PEOPLE GO THERE TO DO IS JUST SNAP PICTURE. HE TRIED COMPARING THE SHOPRITE THAT IS IN IBADAN WITH THE NUGU OWN. HE FELT SOBAD THAT NEW TOWNS LIKE OWERRI,ASABA UYO THAT WAS MADE CAPITAL AFTER TH WAR HAS OVRTAKEN THE OLD IBADAN.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANYBODY TO DEVLOP OR INDUSTRILIZE THOSE OSHOGBO,IBADAN ROUTE, I THINK YOU SHOULD UNDERSTUDY NNEWI,ONITSHA AND ABA, THEN LOOK AT CALABAR,PH AND UYO

IT THEN MEANS THAT WHEN THE IBADAN GUYS DOES THIS, GOOD BUSINESS CAN BE ATTRACTED BUT FOR NOW..... IBADAN SEEMS NOT TO BE INVESTMNT HEAVEN OR HAVEN.... WHAT IS YOUR TAKE

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin, Chidiebere in Aba and so on. Ogbuawa is based in Nnewi and has always based there. I believe Rivers State has much higher middle class in ratio when compared with Lagos.

dats what many ppl dont know
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Davo93(m): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nairalanders won't stop surprising one o, the OP topic was clearly stated "Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria" How then does this has to do with politics?? ehn? undecided #HatersTooPlentyForHereJor Anyway sha, na End time tins cool
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Abagworo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Evestar200: @OP,, all those pics u post as warri are not warri o,,those places are Uvwie,,so stop lieing here,,cuz Warri is a glorified village

To an outsider Uvwie is Warri and Effurun is Warri. More like most people think Nkpor is Onitsha or Ariaria is Aba even though iin different LGA's from the city.

2 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Anvaller: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk: People like u only see what u want to see, and always negative. That's the answer to your diatribe. I'm sure you saw "random mansions built with stolen money" in Onne port, Abuja's water treatment centre, and Ikot Ekpene's public parks, among other infrastructure depicted.

Rosikk, I am not knocking ur stuff, if u fail to see sense in what I wrote and instead translate it to antagonism well, that's why we are not growing, we can't just take constructive criticism. I saw the pictures u pointed out but did u not read the very 1st statement on my comment? If u did, why can't u comprehend the simple fact that I wasn't referring to every pictures u brought forward? And why did u not limit ur pictures to the ones that actually showed "BOOM"? If u showed those other random pictures and labelled it beautiful sites of bla bla, do u think I would have commented the same? U used the word "BOOM" and so ur pictures must be reasonably consistent to that. Thats what I am about.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Majority of the first unamed pic was tropicana entertainment centre in uyo...stop lying
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Tinyemeka(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Umuahia pics: The medical facility at Amakama, GTB PLC opposite FMC and Mecure (another med facility) also along Aba road. smiley

I see pics of ICB PLC. How has that got to serve as a criterion to show the level of 'development' of a town?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Majority of the first unamed pic is uyo esp tropicana entertainment centre...stop lying
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Sugarbear007(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin.
Bros, agofure ain't in Benin cus of bob izua..., when hw did u make dat much money...abeg link me up after all we are brothers in nairaland grin
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin.
Bros, agofure ain't in Benin cus of bob izua..., when hw did u make dat much money...abeg link me up after all we are brothers in nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Receives His INEC Certificate Of Return (Photos) / US And UK’s Interest Threatened By A Kleptocratic Ruling Class - Chatham House / No Fuel No Light! Angry Protesters Marched The Street Of Gwarinpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.