Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! (1362 Views)

Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa / Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by Iphyzi: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2013
Melbourne, Australia, is the most livable city in the world, at least based on a complex formula devised by the Economist Magazine.

Melbourne? Why?

Melbourne beat out Vienna and perennial winner Vancouver, primarily based on its infrastructure. The city also attracted top marks for health care and education.

Eight of the top 10 cities are in Australia and Canada. No U.S. city made the top 10.

"Those that score best tend to be mid-sized cities in wealthier countries with a relatively low population density," the report says. "This can foster a range of recreational activities without leading to high crime levels or overburdened infrastructure."

The oft-discussed study scores different "lifestyle challenges" in 140 cities. Every city is assigned a "rating of relative comfort" based on 30 factors grouped in five categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure.

Overall, the livability quotient doesn't change much year to year, the Economist acknowledges. The biggest factor moving cities up and down the annual chart is civil unrest, which can send a city like Damascus plummeting.

Other cities moved up the chart as violence subsided. Bogota in Colombia recorded the biggest increase, moving to 111 on the list, due to the decreasing threat from terrorism, violence and kidnappings. ("Dubai's livability score rises," the Khaleej Times trumpeted, after Dubai moved up to 77th place on the list, the third biggest increase on the list.)

The worst city in the rankings was Tehran, Iran, followed by Douala, Cameroon; and Tripoli, Libya. Did you notice how Lagos, Nigeria made it in the top ten bottom places?
Watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Uylhn5dHMU

- See more at: http://www.nigeriarealestatehub.com/nigeria-real-estate-blog.html

Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by Rexphobia(m): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Attach pictures of Melbourne
Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by TMoni1(m): 4:44am On Sep 06, 2013
3 Good Years in a roll
Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 06, 2013
Kangaroo country or not, I likey. Funny, the country of residence of those that called it a kangaroo country is not even in the first 10 grin grin
Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by londoner: 8:09am On Sep 06, 2013
Wow....Australia has four cities in the top ten.......Go Aussies!!!!!!

No surprise here, thety put effort and planning into their cities.

My sis lives in Melbourbne and loves it, I am in Perth and enjoy it too.......Never regret my decision to move to Australia.....
Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by londoner: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2013
These are not even all the cities in Australia. We have not even included Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

In a country of not even 25 million people they can boast of numerous world class cities with a fantastic lifestyle and reasonably good economy.

Yet some Nigerians (a nation of over 160 million) are found here boasting about Lagos....lol

A city which ranked the forth worst city to live in in the world.

Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by londoner: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2013
Sydney........

Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by londoner: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Perth.....

Re: Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! by TMoni1(m): 6:15am On Sep 18, 2013
Everything is to be loved about that city!
Go Melbourne...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Just Visit Ibadan To See A Friend. Where Are IB Olosho / Top Packing Tips To Escape The Hassle Of Airport Security / How To Get To V.I From Sango Ota .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.