Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:16 AM

Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio (47866 Views)

How To Get Free Advertising On Google [hot] / Please Advise On Very Effective Means Of Advertising On A Low Budget / Cost Of Advertising On Naija Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by my2cents(m): 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2006
How much does it cost, on average, do have a TV and Radio Station run an advertisement, respectively?

Also, if I were to choose to use a celebrity (say Nkem Owoh), on average again, how much extra would that cost?

Thanks,
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seye(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2006
Adverts rate differs from Station to station. This is as a result of TAMS & RAMS (Radio and Television Audience Measurement Survey.) All you need is knowing who your targets are and which Radio or TV Channels to reach them.

Secondly the stations charge based on time. Is it 15 seconds, 30 seconds or Sixty seconds.

As for using Nkem Owoh as a model on your TV. It won't cost you less than 500k. That guy is pretty expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by my2cents(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2006
Thanks man,

Duly noted and much appreciated smiley

Any others care to chip in? grin
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2006
Seye,

Can you list prices for specific stations and time slots you are aware of? One may want to have a general idea of the cost of TV advertising in Nigeria without visiting all the TV stations. Any specific examples?

Thanks.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seye(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2006
I dont have it off hand. As soon as our media man comes in, I will post post some of the Media rates.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by smartsoft(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2006
well i can rightly say we made an advert on TV recently during the program of POLOMA this advert cost for 150k 30seconds  when you watch POLOMA there is this Comapny called Nigersearch. so anytime you watch poloma, you going to see the advert and 30seconds cost 150k and it depends on the station you want to use most times it depends on the customer who bought at least an hour on the TV either MITV,AIT e.tc so it depends on the programm on TV at that partcular time you want to advert. so they will direct you to the customer having that hour.

E.g if i buy 3hours from AIT,or MITV, or Galaxy an hour might cost 200k. so if you want to advertise during when my programm is on air let say i have a programm like Soap opera and you want to advertise, you only talk to me and i will charge you,  or you go to AIT they will direct you to me since my programm is the next on air.

Like the issue on POLOMA soap opera, we went straight to the organisation who brought or own POLOMA and we paid 150k for 30seconds so it depends on how many seconds or mins you want your advert to run. i hope you guys i understand.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Ashiwaju(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2006
Advert on radio for Raypower, 2500 per spot and for TV 70k per spot and when they on network its about times two of that. Adepetu(mytv) pays about 400k per hr for when u are mine bcus its on network and christ embassy pays 200m per quarter during his days of miracle hour.

when i get the full review, i ll send it over cus i need use their services sometimes soon but i ll appreciate for other stations aswell so i could compare prices.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seye(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2006
This is an authentic rate. According to my Media man here. Mid news is the period when people mostly watch AIT. and 30 secs at this time belt is N221,135. another period which can guarantee you mileage is news adjacency slot. (A minut or two before news) 30 secs on this is 101,665. but you will be surcharged by 60% which bring the total to 162,645. Pls note all this rate are for AIT.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by my2cents(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2006
Thanks guys,

Once again, I troway salute to all of una o!

this is the very reason I joined NL in the first place smiley

Pls, this shdnt stop more answers from coming in. The more the merrier and better and in the end, the world becomes a happier place smiley
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by OldGlory1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2006
How about Print?I would like to do something in Thisday or Guardian! How much a Quarter Page cost me?
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seye(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2006
Recent report shows that the best time to reach a lot of TV viewers now is between 9 and 10 pm (Mondays to Thursday) and 7 - 8pm (Friday) on AIT. That's when "When You are Mine " is on Air. That is the best programme on TV now. An insertion on this prpgramme will give you a lot of mileage.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by smartsoft(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2006
Old Glory:

How about Print?I would like to do something in Thisday or Guardian! How much a Quarter Page cost me?

Well to advertise on gurdian at least you must have your N4,500 to advert on thier paper
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by OldGlory1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2006
@Smartsoft

N4,500 that is it? That sounds cheap to me. What size is the ad?
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seye(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2006
Old Glory:

@Smartsoft

N4,500 that is it? That sounds cheap to me. What size is the ad?

He must be talking about classified ads.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2006
How can someone spend 150,000 naira for a 30 second commercial and sleep well at night? That's like burning money!

1 Like

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by OldGlory1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2006
Seun

For the 2005 Superbowl, companies paid $2.5million for a 30second ad. And Budweiser did that 10 times over. FedEx,Pepsi,Coca-cola,Go-daddy, ETC all ponied up the doe.

1 Like

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Ashiwaju(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2006
@ seun

its not burning money., its what u make in return, 250k is damn too cheap men, compared to what you get in return

The 4,500 advert is for 1 by 1 space and the half page is 155k while the full page 301k, although the coloured prints x 2 of the prices here

1 Like

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by beyonce1(f): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2006
NICE INFO. ------ kiss
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2006
Sun Newspaper Advertising Rates:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/advert.html
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2006
Sun Newspaper Advertising Rates:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/advert.html

Tribune Newspapers:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/advert.html
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by qleyo(f): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2006
Thanks guys, I needed this info too! cheesy
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2006
Does anyone have more information about TV and radio advertising rates in Nigeria?
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Seun(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2006
Sample rates, TV and radio advertising:
http://www.gboin.tripod.com/id2.html
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by phoenixman: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2007
To the best of my knowledge, the advertising system function the same the world over. Here is what i know:
advertising rates are determine by program popularity and primetime.
adverts are usually 15s, 30s, and 1min.
All modern radio and Television station have a program that adhere to the time length of Ads, if an ad is over the stipulated length it is cutoff at the slotted time. so make sure if you are paying for 15s don't send a 17s ad, it will cut at 15s.

Within popular programs there are still different rates, depending on the audience at that time of day.(market survey determined)
It is also best to use advertising companies to make and get your ads on both Tv and radio as they have a relationship with the stations.
Lastly it is best to buy ad space in blocks, allowing you to put your ads on air anytime, even weeks and month apart.

1 Like

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by vikiviko(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
come and advertise in my blog for free.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by phoenixy1: 3:19am On Jul 10, 2008
patweb:

Hello,
I will like to know how much is it to advertise a banner on Nairaland or legwork or naijahotjob. please if you have any idea let me know.
patric
[center][b]Oya Seun, over to you![/[/b]center]
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by SOJ(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2008
@ Seun
all companies have advertising budgets which differs with size of company and so spending N150k is very cheap for them, i assure u.
radio ads are quite affordable last i heard cos they (radio) drop thier prices to accomodate more customers cos more companies take TV as first choice when planning their bdget for reaching a mass audience.

radio ads are also classified in 15sec and 30sec rates. i dont have figures now but anyone interested can cal up any radio station and get a quote; its probably half the rate for tv sha.
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by olush0la(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2008
OK. Seun, what about advertising on Nairaland.com? What are the rates, duration and all that jazz. Come on.

1 Like

Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by FOD(m): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2008
olush0la, see[b] Advertising On Nairaland[/b]
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Sarahjb197: 12:06pm On May 07, 2009
Hi All

I am trying to organise some advertising on radio stations in Lagos and Abuja, does anyone know the best way to do this

All help really appreciated!!

SJB
Re: Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio by Gnike: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hey folks, I also want to advertise but these news papers specifically: The Guardian, Punch & ThisDay, What I really need is for full page adverts. Any up to date/precise info would be greatly appreciated. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Antonio Dehinde Fernandez Buried (Photos) / How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.