Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,009 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:24 AM

Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. (29790 Views)

Footballer Mesut Ozil And His Look Alike Enzo Ferrari / Mesut Ozil’s Girlfriend Capristo Moves Out Of His Home Over Alleged Cheating / Mesut Ozil Is Better Than The Combination Of Xavi And Iniesta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. by eluquenson(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
During the greatest show on earth " FIFA World Cup-2010",we all come to know the name of
"Mesut Ozil",a German central attacking midfielder and now after a year of splendid display at
Santiago Bernabeu & other corners of Europe, we all know what exquisite talent this left-footed 22 years aged boy got. But how many of us do really know how is Mesut Ozil in his personal life? Besides i wonder when i heard people claiming themselves as Ozil fans, but don't even acknowledge the fact that Mesut Ozil is a Muslim. So this is what influenced me to write a blog on Ozil's personal life. Mesut Ozil is a third generation Turkish-German
(Don't be surprised after hearing that Ozil is a Turkish born, because 11 of the whole 23 members of German national football squad have immigrant roots. Mesut Özil – Turkey, Serdar Tasci – Turkey, Dennis Aogo – Nigeria, Jerome Boateng – Ghana, Sami Khedira – Tunisia,Marko Marin – Bosnia, Piotr Trochowski – Poland, Cacau – Brazil, Mario Gomez –Spain,Miroslav Klose – Poland, Lukas Podolski – Poland). Ozil's grandfather used to work at metals mine after immigrating into Germany from Turkey 40 years ago. His father is self-employed & mother is a housewife. Mesut Ozil born on October 15, 1988 in Gelsenkirchen, West Germany. He started his career with "Shalke 04" at a age of 17, then he moved to "Werder Bremen". After exhibiting the most impressive performance in World Cup-2010, Spanish giant Real Madrid bought him with a 15 million euros of transfer fee. By religion Mesut Ozil is a Muslim....more precisely a devout Muslim who recites Holy Qur'an before every single matches he has to play. Talking to the Berlin- based daily "Der Tagesspiegel", Mesut said, "I always recite from Quran before I go out (on the pitch). This really helps me to keep me focused. I pray and my team-mates know that they cannot talk to me during this brief period". Moreover he recites verse from Quran during German national anthem as well. Even we see him doing munajat (praying) very
often on the pitch during the match-time (relevant video clips can be found on YouTube). But unfortunately i have recently found that people are trying to accuse him as an Islamic extremist in various online
forums and blogs. This is because of his ex-girlfriend Anna Maria Lewe. They are trying to establish the rumor that Mesut forced Anna to get her converted to Islam. But the matter of fact is that these people are trying to build a castle in the air. Anna Maria is a German model (wag actually) who was married to a Finnish soccer player Pekka Lagerblom previously. Since after breaking up with Ozil, she is now going out with a German raper named as Bushido. So here you see....she is someone who is always looking for opportunities. Hereby It is quite clear to me that she took the decision of converting to Islam very much willingly. The intention was to make Ozil infatuated. But somehow her tricks didn't work out. So its pretty obvious that Ozil had nothing to do with Anna's "momentarily obsession"(deception actually) to Islam. So an accusation like "extremist" towards Mesut is nothing else but a lame fiction.
Mesut is now dating with Aida Yespica, a stunning beauty pageant queen who became Miss Venezuela in 2002.I hope this time things will get settled and go towards the way it should go. But an interesting point of the whole thing is Mesut's taste of selecting girls(woman actually). Mysteriously, he tends to choose a girl who is 6 to 8 years older than him. Anna and Aida are 33 and 31 years old respectively now, while Mesut is only 25 and has a long and potential career ahead of him.

engrcyclotron.hubpages.com/hub/Real-Madrid-
midfielder-Mesut-Ozil-is-a-muslim-not-an-
extrimist-a-overview-on-Ozils-personal-life

Re: Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. by Danhumprey: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmmmmm.......interesting! But does one's religion matters in sport? undecided
Re: Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hw cn someone born 1988 be 22 years? Poster review ur post agn
Re: Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. by landinfo: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oh na now u rememba 2 get blog/article abt Ozil lyk say d boy start ball yestaday?
Chei, itz a fiti he left chevron 4 an indian coy...smh

(1) (Reply)

Sergio Ramos To Marry Pilar Rubio In June (Photo) / Eden Hazard: 'I Will Join Real Madrid This Summer" / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.