Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Virginity And Modern Times - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity And Modern Times (2186 Views)

'I Waited Until My Wedding Night To Lose My Virginity And I Wish I Hadn’'t / 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love / I Waited Until My Wedding Night To Lose My Virginity And I Wish I Hadn’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginity And Modern Times by RedHotChic(f): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2008
Lots of people complain these days that virgins are hard to find in adult women quite unlike the olden times. If virginity in women was common in the olden days, why did the bible stress on mary's virginity , applauded her virginity and symbolized it as a coveted prize and an important requirement for the birth of the only Saviour of mankind, Jesus Christ? Wouldn't that mean that virginity in adult women was rare back then?
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Cayon(f): 2:04am On Jul 02, 2008
maybe
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by AnthonyKil(m): 3:37am On Jul 02, 2008
I know theres still some virgin around here just not many. Virgin or no Virgin, I love women and always have loved them. cool
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by francessby(f): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yes it mean that virgin is scarce right from day one, even modern times doesn't need virgin at all all they need is pumping action not who they will work on u get hahahaha
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by lonelypal(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
smileysame way the human mind has been corrupted right frm time so is the scarcity of virgins, I personally dnt see any significance difference in marrying a virgin and a non-virgin whats d benefit? does being a virgin make a better wife?
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by kokoye(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2008
Virginity sure has always been rare, of course the forbidden fruit is too sweet

Back then, maybe even until the 80s, women were more secretive about there sexual experience because men still believed you had to remain a virgin to be a good wife.

But now grin, the more experienced a lady is, the better (since there are a lot of guys who are virgins in secret). I even heard from a friend that girls in Lagos now welcome you to their rooms with a can of soda and a Indecency flick!
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by spikedcylinder: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2008
I think the emphasis on Mary had more to do with a virgin having a child without intercourse than the availablity of virgins.

1 Like

Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
Virgin or not virgin, you still deserve to be loved, it's your own choice, me personally, I would prefer to remain virgin untill marriage sha, at first i was only doing it because of what the church says etc but now, I'm doing for myself smiley
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by savanaha: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
ibkaye:

Virgin or not virgin, you still deserve to be loved, it's your own choice, me personally, I would prefer to remain virgin untill marriage sha, at first i was only doing it because of what the church says etc but now, I'm doing for myself smiley

Exactly!! When I see all the downside of premarital sex it is more of a turn off.
Why take a pill to get rid of headache when the side effects are greater.
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Nautillus(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I think the emphasis on Mary had more to do with a virgin having a child without intercourse than the availability of virgins.

couldn't have said it better . . . . . .looking at his screen thoughtfully and nodding in agreement
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by noetic(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
@ poster

I think u got that wrong. Mary's virginity was emphasised because she gave birth without a sexual intercourse.
according to jewish traditions in those days, it is a taboo to marry as a non virgin.
Mary was fovoured amongst the many virgins around.

and do people still search for virgins for a wives?
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by yemivictor: 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yeah!

I think the emphasis on Mary's virginity was because of the immaculate conception that ensued & not necessarily because virgins were scarce back then!!

And after all said & done, i think there're still many more virgins today than we actually think!!! sad

Talk of a twisted form of stigmatization! embarassed
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by AnthonyKil(m): 1:40am On Jul 03, 2008
I LOVEeeeee Virgins. When their tight pussy has been F***, I'll guarantee a full load of Cum. . . . grin
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by RedHotChic(f): 1:52am On Jul 03, 2008
And after all said & done, i think there're still many more virgins today than we actually think

Where are they? at least am not one of them. I lost mine before Lord Lugard died.
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by RedHotChic(f): 1:53am On Jul 03, 2008
I think the emphasis on Mary had more to do with a virgin having a child without intercourse than the availablity of virgins.
Good point.
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Gabry(f): 2:06am On Jul 03, 2008
Hmnmmm
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Mesmerize(f): 2:24am On Jul 03, 2008
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Gabry(f): 3:54am On Jul 03, 2008
AnthonyKil:

I LOVEeeeee Virgins. When their tight pussy has been F***, I'll guarantee a full load of Cum. . . . grin

Anthony!!! SHUT UP! angry angry angry

You are not RESPECTING ME!!!
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Gabry(f): 3:56am On Jul 03, 2008
Where are they? at least am not one of them. I lost mine before Lord Lugard died.

HELLO, you are looking at one. angry
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by dreeldee: 4:12am On Jul 03, 2008
i'm a virgin too cool
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Gabry(f): 5:57am On Jul 03, 2008
dreeldee:

i'm a virgin too cool

Bro, you sure about that? undecided

studentetc:

Virgin talk again!!!! Una no dey tire. Richard branson has all the virgins you will ever need all over the atlantic.

HAHAHAH! grin When we mention Virgin, we mean Human Virgins.
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by AshtonJake(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2008
gabrywyl:

Anthony!!! SHUT UP! angry angry angry

You are not RESPECTING ME!!!

HAHAHA! OK, I miss the good old times. You two have lots to fight over. grin
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by spikedcylinder: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2008
Nautillus:

couldn't have said it better . . . . . .looking at his screen thoughtfully and nodding in agreement

cheesy cheesy
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by brinebaba(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2008
I concur wit ya!
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by spoilt(f): 3:16am On Jul 04, 2008
God no! shocked
Not another virginity thread! Good grief. This matter has been thrashed, unthrashed, re thrashed and then thrashed all over again. I beg you guys with everything you hold sacred (except your virginity ejo! no pun intended) please let this virginity subject lie. It is so old it creaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant take anymore.
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by yemivictor: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2008
spoilt:

God no! shocked
Not another virginity thread! Good grief.
This matter has been thrashed, unthrashed, re thrashed and then thrashed all over again. I beg you guys with everything you hold sacred (except your virginity ejo! no pun intended) please let this virginity subject lie. It is so old it creaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take anymore.

Why? Because you're not one anymore!? tongue

Care to tell us when you threw your virginity to the dogs!? grin
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by yemivictor: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2008
spoilt:

God no! shocked
Not another virginity thread! Good grief. This matter has been thrashed, unthrashed, re thrashed and then thrashed all over again. I beg you guys with everything you hold sacred (except your virginity ejo! no pun intended) please let this virginity subject lie. It is so old it creaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take anymore.

Just so you know, this virginity thread was resurrected by a female like you! tongue
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Esss(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2008
RedHotChic:

Lots of people complain these days that virgins are hard to find in adult women quite unlike the olden times. If virginity in women was common in the olden days, why did the bible stress on mary's virginity , applauded her virginity and symbolized it as a coveted prize and an important requirement for the birth of the  only  Saviour  of mankind, Jesus Christ? Wouldn't that mean that virginity in adult women was rare back then?

I think the virginity stuff was stressed to differenciate her from mary magdalene (the supposed shewe that jesus saved from being mobbed). So people no go misyarn say Jesus mumsy na  lipsrsealed (say no evil).
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by francessby(f): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2008
Good luck to you virgins pray hard and keep your legs close
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by Persona82(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2008
Yea it has its glory (respect) but that doesn't say errthing about the package.

Better you have it than not. . . but then again why??
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by eldee(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
@topic
The bible was not stressing on virginity
It was Joseph himself that stressed on it, he, like every man of his time wanted to marry a virgin
The difference between then and now is, most men then were virgins too
They had to marry every woman the slept with, that's why they ended up having many wives
Re: Virginity And Modern Times by spoilt(f): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
yemivictor:

Why? Because you're not one anymore!? tongue

Care to tell us when you threw your virginity to the dogs!? grin

Are you kidding me right now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

7yrs Of my Life Gone / What Pet Name Do You Call Him/her? / Ladies are Evil Hmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.