Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

My Experience With A Zinox Laptop - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Experience With A Zinox Laptop (41201 Views)

New Latest Core I7 Zinox Laptops For Sale / Any Alternative To Bypass A Forgoten Master Password For Zinox Laptop Comptr / Zinox Laptop Drivers Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by uspry1(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
Lol @A-40!

Why don't you help Nigerians out offering them Zinox Laptop upgrading service to replace all hardware peripherals up-to-date?

Like mentioned quote at below:
cooldude62:

please encourage Nigerian mades!
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by debosky(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Once again one or two experiences cannot define a whole company.

IF they are lacking in adequate web-based customer support, that is a separate matter - does that mean their computers are not good enough?

What is all this R&grin bull you are going on about Native? What R&grin does Dell have to do before buying a hard drive from Seagate or buying RAM from Samsung? We are talking about simple desktops/laptops here - there is no fabled R&grin to make these simple devices work, and I'm sure they do. I have had hiccups with the aforementioned 'world class' HP and Dell as well as Apple - does my singular experience negate the quality of their other products?

I once did an 'online diagnostic' check with HP, knowing my processor was fried, it still came back as 'no faults detected'; will I on that basis now say that HP is rubbish?

I have not seen sufficient evidence to run down these local companies; if you think one or two laptop experiences or non functionality of a website is sufficient to make up your mind, then that is your own opinion.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
A-40:

With products like HP,Dell and my favorite Apple i can't believe people will still go around buying Zinox tongue

There is hope for Zinox and other brands. Just that Nigerians need to understand the difference between being STUPID in the name of patriotism and supporting a brand cause it actually offers real quality goods.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
Zinox sells overpriced and mediocre hardware for inflated prices. You can find FAR better deals on HPs, Sony et al.

Let's not go down the 'patronize Nigerian made' crap. We're consumers, and consumers should demand top drawer service.

People don't come any more patriotic than the Americans, yet millions of Yanks choose to buy Toyotas and Hondas over Chevys and Fords. Does that make 'em unpatriotic? It's simply a drive for value for money.

Let Zinox's quality speak for itself. At this rate, i'm not impressed with their offerings.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by romeo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
dnative:

And for crying out loud about how the UK government help their own, that government definitely do not encourage mediocrity in the name of supporting their own. Standards are laid down and those standards are not waived in the name encouraging homegrown. I guess they know the importance of getting that right and being able to have products and services that can hold their weight in any world market. Calling me ignorant is really 'cheap' - but not surprising, folks that have no meaningful points to say resorts to that. Why generalising with a check this, check that, come specific with your points on how those references made have any bearing on the issue at hand, then we can have a more healthy discourse. So what Virgin brought planes from a Brazilian company, and you want me to go check the history, you gotta be kidding me. Make your point here and stop dropping blind references.

I'm done with this for now. I'm sure these companies would take note and improve on their service and support structure from the critique made here.

Go to Google Mr. man and type "Embraer" and maybe their story will let you know why the government is helping Zinox.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by stannesi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2008
One of the biggest hardware companies that doesn't actually make their hardware is Microsoft, whose products includes mice, game controllers and, of course, the Xbox. Microsoft's manufacturing is handled by Flextronics. Microsoft designs it and Flextronics manufactures it. like Microsoft Marketing manager one said "Microsoft's business is designing products, not tunning factories", grin too muck Money,
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by RedHotChic(f): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2008
Pentium M 1.6ghz,[b] 256mb ram [/b]40gb, DVD/CDRW, 15" in February 2007!
Eeeeewwww, what a configuration? What's the point of the 1.6 Ghz if you can't get a min of 2gb ram? That computer won't even run on vista.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by adconline(m): 6:52am On Jul 01, 2008
shear and blind patriotism. You patronise made in Nigeria with your hard earned money and JIM OVIA of Zenith maybe using Mac in his office or home. Go and check what type of Computers Atiku installed in his university or the ones OBJ installed in his University and library. Grow wings in your thinking and you will soar like eagles.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2008
First of all am not an Hippocrates , i dont use a Zinox Computer and i dont think i might use one anytime soon , but i respect what the company is trying to do and i appreciate the extreme condition and the hash environment they operate in other to stay afloat, it would be extremely unfair to compare Zinox a relative newbie to veterans like HP and Dell , this are companies with vast experience, and have billion dollar worth of goodwill attached to their name , Zinox on the other hand is very new to the industry and it still struggling to make a name for it self , it operate in a country where it has to provide its own infrastructure for its self, even the hps and dells all out source production of their products to the far east where labour is cheap and cost of production is greatly reduced , zinox could easily do the same but their decided to do it in Nigeria , employ Nigerians and give back to the economy , yes should not be a license for making crap, but when i was growing up there where just two types of products , original and Taiwan , today Taiwan is the original , with time and if companies like Zinox are encouraged the would raise to the standard we have come to expect from renown computer companies , shit happens everywhere , i mean i recalled when sony and dell laptops had exploding batteries http://news.cnet.com/Dell-Exploding-batteries-are-Sonys-fault/2100-1005_3-6115710.html http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sony-Exploding-Batteries-Chronicles-37848.shtml , hp laptops had some defact in their boards that would make just drop dead , and talk about drivers , i know a guy who has not been able to get all the drivers for his toshiba laptop till this very day , tell me a maker and i will give u its problem , sony vaio always have cdrom and keyboard issues ,, hp battary suck in the long run , hp dv 6000 series have issues with cdrom,toshiba board has some issues , and some of its bios are sooo archaic that may lock u out of ur system one day , do a little research u would see that the grass is not soo green on the other side ,
i will end just like i started , i dont use zinox niether sould i use it anytime soon , its the same reason while i dont use compaq,or dell, or sony , (never would i use sony again) i prefer my ibm lenovo thinkpad ,

Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by adconline(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2008
bigrovar
Its pathetic the way you present ed you case. Americans have standard for testing materials (check ASTM) the problems you listed came as a result of having a transperent and accountable system of operation. US has Underwrites Labs(UL) where most of these products are tested. These isolated cases do not reflect their overal perfomance and we are talking of Zinox, you still think that we should cut them a deal because it a "Nigerian made" IT does require international standard not Nigerian sympathy standard. Someone mentioned open source Ubuntu which is sponsored by a South African who developed Thawte and sold it Verisign for over $500 million. He was not held to AFrican standard, but ISO.
Where is the system to show that Zinox uses low quality materials ? None, Any data to show that Zinox lithium batteries are safe? No, but buy it, spray it with holy water and pray over it. I no go quench. God na my standard and guardian. Naija of solving problems.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by romeo(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2008
People should buy whatever they like and when they like!! I support the Nigerian government in supporting Zinox and our banks too, but individuals should choose the computers they want.

If Nigeria starts making automobiles today i will still have to choose among the established car makers and according to my pocket too, but then it's the government that should be their main customer until we are proved that the vehicle is worth the money and same thing applies to Zinox and Co.

But people questioning why the government policies favour them is rather foolish
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2008
bigrovar
Its pathetic the way you present ed you case.

first of all the fact that u called an opinion u don't share pathetic tells a lot about your person ,  i have seen a lot of opinion here that i don't agree with but yet ,  its an opinion .its not my place to judge or downgrade , 

Americans have standard for  testing materials (check ASTM) the problems you listed came as a result of having a transperent and accountable system of operation.  US has Underwrites Labs(UL) where most of these products are tested.
u just pressed home my point ,  America has this American has that ,  this is Nigeria,  there is no standard NSO is more or less dead ,  so infact nobody is on Zinox  neck making sure things are done right ,  something that everybody needs ,   yet even in this american senerio a lot of craps are been sold ,  nowaday most new products are infact beta that should still be in the testing room , 

These isolated cases do not reflect their overal perfomance

8 million sony laptops catching fire is isolated , ?! ,  ok what about xbox 360 dropping dead,  the fiasco that followed the release of p990i, or the fact that the first set of ipod nano had to be withdrawn due to defects,   just recently the latest hp dv6000 has discovered to have some defacts in their boards that make them drop dead ,  ,lets not forget vista ,  i can go on and on ,  am not using this as an excuse for making crap ,  but shit happens ,  u can't tell me that its all of zinox laptops that has problems ,  the are over a thousand user of zinox computers and this is the view of one user ,  taking the fact that happy people are always in the silent majority ,  i will say then u cant judge zinox on the experience on one user ,  if so then sony vaio sucks big time ,  (that is another story) , 

and we are talking of Zinox, you still think that we should cut them a deal because it  a "Nigerian made" IT does  require international standard not Nigerian sympathy standard.

did u really read my post ,  i think u ought to read it again ,  i never said that people should buy zinox out of sympathy ,  yes its good to have a made in NIgeria I T ,  its also not a bad thing to offer them all the support there would need to strife ,  zinox has i mountain of a hill to climb ,  and what there need is constructive criticism ,  i have  wrtten to them after seeing this post on things there can do to improve their business ,  its a NIgerian Company and on that bases i will give it my support and help it grow the best way i can ,  i use a thinkpad and am not going to change that anytime soon ,  and to buy zinox just bcus its niegrian is bad for every body even zinox cus it would not make them strife to compete . ,  their offer of laptops to NIgerian student looks good on paper ,  and it is just some of the advantage NIgerians would enjoy if the company finds its feet ,

Someone mentioned open source Ubuntu which is sponsored  by a South African who  developed Thawte and sold it Verisign for  over $500 million. He was not held to AFrican standard, but ISO.
Ubuntu by itself is nothing ,  ubuntu is a community, supported by a community without which its just crap ,  i have wrtten many bugs and fixes to launchpad and i have written many documentation to make ubuntu better  yet i don't work for canonical but i and millions others do are best to make our OS  better  ,  i didnt just sit by the side line and condem ,  that is the attitude NIgerian should learn to have ,  appreciate their own ,  with time it would get better ,  Taiwan and china use to make crap ,  china still does (sometimes) the government gives them support and today we know the story ,  how can we ever be great if we don't try ,  we have to try ,  we have to make mistakes ,  we have to support each other . and with Gods help we would get there ,

Where is the system to  show that Zinox uses low quality materials ? None, Any data to show that Zinox lithium batteries are  safe?
no system can give guarantee u anything ,  it would try but its not perfect ,  that is why exploding battery passed the test in America , and xbox 360 was given a clean bill of health , so why are u paranoid , how do u know the beef u eat is healthy , have u been to the meat market in lagos b4 , how do u know the water u drink is safe,
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by fidelma: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
Firstly, let us clear the confusion on OEM. An Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is a company that has been licensed by another company (usually software, Microsoft etc) to use their equipment on their system. HP, Dell, Sony, Zinox, Omatek are all OEM partners to Microsoft in that they are permitted to install Microsoft Operating Systems on their products. Therefore, nothing makes HP, Dell, Sony etc superior to Zinox & Omatek in that respect.
I have been using a Zinox laptop for the past 3 yrs and have not had any problems with this.
As with any equipment (especially electronics), usage, power, handling etc affect their performance and also their life span.
You can buy a televesion set today and it spoils tomorrow due to any of the above mentioned. Same goes with a laptop. Technology is so dynamic, and new things come up everyday due to suptle changes and additions. That is why you always have upgrades. HP, Dell, Sony etc also do the same thing Zinox, Omatek and other manufacturers do, THEY ASSEMBLE. This can be done by anyone, what makes the difference is that they have been bold enough to put their name to their product. THAT IS BRANDING. If you have any problem with Zinox products, call their support, and they will answer you. I deal with them everyday. Thank you.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by romeo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2008
Even Zinox workers are here now lol grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
fidelma:

Firstly, let us clear the confusion on OEM. An Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is a company that has been licensed by another company (usually software, Microsoft etc) to use their equipment on their system. HP, Dell, Sony, Zinox, Omatek are all OEM partners to Microsoft in that they are permitted to install Microsoft Operating Systems on their products. Therefore, nothing makes HP, Dell, Sony etc superior to Zinox & Omatek in that respect.
I have been using a Zinox laptop for the past 3 years and have not had any problems with this.
As with any equipment (especially electronics), usage, power, handling etc affect their performance and also their life span.
You can buy a televesion set today and it spoils tomorrow due to any of the above mentioned. Same goes with a laptop. Technology is so dynamic, and new things come up everyday due to suptle changes and additions. That is why you always have upgrades. HP, Dell, Sony etc also do the same thing Zinox, Omatek and other manufacturers do, THEY ASSEMBLE. This can be done by anyone, what makes the difference is that they have been bold enough to put their name to their product. THAT IS BRANDING. If you have any problem with Zinox products, call their support, and they will answer you. I deal with them everyday. Thank you.

heh heh after over 30 posts zinox damage control contraption ( not machine) is finally kicking into gear.

like we should believe a fellow with only one post?  grin

in september 2005 i bought a toshiba for 130000 - 60gb , 512ram, 1.6ghz centrino, xp home

in febrauray 2007, a guy buys a 256 mb ram, 40gb hdd, 1.6ghz xp statrer edition zinox system for 130,000

thats a clear rip off. why should i spend my hard earned money to buy an inferior product at a hefty markup?

as to GTB using omatek systems - the big question is - are we sur some of the directors are not partners in Omatek? (thats the nigerian way - believe me)
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by klez(m): 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
Well that's a lot of comments, esp like dnative's.`

After waiting nearly 2 full weeks for support that their website boldly claims will arrive within 24hrs, I decided to call the nearest Zinox representative's office yesterday (Monday). I got thru to the lady who (seeming kindly) directed me to the MICT Unit at Unizik Awka, claiming that their battery "does not depreciate" ----*** and that their engineer goes to Unizik every Tuesday (e.g. today) and Thursday to attend to Unizik staff problems. On arriving there, I finally got to see the Head of the MICT (Management Information and Computer Technology Unit) who was thoroughly frustrated that the woman sent me there. According to him (he seemed genuinely angry so I suppose he was telling the truth) the supposed engineer has not shown up since last year (precisely since the day he was introduced as the support engr.) and that the lady herself only shows up to collect her check for payment. He tried calling her there and then (on speakerphone) to no avail and decided then to memo the V.C. on the issue. Also showed me lots (a dozen or so) faulty Zinox laptops lying around his office. Upon asking where I could purchase a new battery he said I have to contact the company, that they used a custom made battery. Well, how about that.

I have to say that this is just abysmal support. This battery is now at 25% capacity, (YES down from 45% two weeks ago!!! TWO WEEKS!!!! How is that even possible?) I know voltage had not hand in this cause I have several other appliances running from the same power outlet. I wonder what will happen when it reaches zero.

Forget the fact that I may have received a single faulty part, their attitude to this is simply screaming GO F**K URSELF. If this is how "buying Nigerian" feels, I think I know where I stand.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by klez(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
About the people that say that Zinox needs help or support or whatever, I think they should have gotten their feet already. I mean, come on they've been in operation for what, more than five years? I'm not saying that all Zinox computers are craptacular, just that if you get one that is, you will hit several hard, brick walls.

I've seen several notebook first efforts and basically, the bring something new to their market. Sometimes its performance, for others its style, value, etc. What makes me want to buy a Zinox laptop? There are two possible reasons:1. Available fast local help & support desk cry and 2. Value angry

Huh?

Where is the nearest Acer, Gateway or HP official outlet?
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by ochukoccna: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop
« #15 on: June 28, 2008, 11:42 PM »

well, i wonder why a good bank like GTB wil continue using OMATEK computers at alltheir branches if they are as messed up as you guys say
I think made in nija things are not as bad as they are painted by nigerians themselves.
Report to moderator   Logged
I love, relentlessly!

Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop
« #16 on: June 29, 2008, 12:20 AM »

Quote from: reindeer on June 28, 2008, 11:42 PM
well, i wonder why a good bank like GTB wil continue using OMATEK computers at alltheir branches if they are as messed up as you guys say
I think made in nija things are not as bad as they are painted by nigerians themselves.

don't mind DnativeI guess its the 'government regulation' making GTB buy those 'useless' computers too  Cheesy

[size=15pt]GTB buys Omatek cos Fola Adeola has his fingers in Omatek's pie. Know your facts b4 u spit it out.[/size]
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2008
@bigrovar
There's such a thing as research. if you believed in that' you'd know that you claim that '8 million sony batteries caught fire' was not only daft, but on the verge of stupid.

Sony recalled batteries after a few isolated cases of burning batteries. That's a comapny owning up to its responsibility. The Poster has clearly shown that Zinox customer care is crap. That's proven reality.

all that is immaterial. Buying a Zinox machine is nowhere near value for money. This transcends being a Nigerian; be a consumer for Ikoro's sake!! I provided a very good example of patriotic American families boning all-amerian cares like Fords and Chevys to buy Toyotas and Hondas.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
@bigrovar
There's such a thing as research. if you believed in that' you'd know that you claim that '8 million sony batteries caught fire' was not only daft, but on the verge of stupid.
u see the things we do here goes beyond just expressing an opinion , it tells a lot about the type of person u are , , i have made my opinion known here and that is what count , u dont have to take it , if u think the best way to go is to pick one line of my statements and conclude that its stupid and daft , all i will say is that , let us make Nairaland a decent and healthy place to exchange views,ideas and opinions , i will not call u or ur opinions names bcus it is not in my position to , cheers
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
bigrovar:

u see the things we do here goes beyond just expressing an opinion , it tells a lot about the type of person u are , , i have made my opinion known here and that is what count , u don't have to take it , if u think the best way to go is to pick one line of my statements and conclude that its stupid and daft , all i will say is that , let us make Nairaland a decent and healthy place to exchange views,ideas and opinions , i will not call u or your opinions names bcus it is not in my position to , cheers

You have no right to make a libelous statement and call it an 'opinion'. 8 million sony batteries did not explode. hell, not even 500 batteries exploded.

By all means exchange views, ideas and opinions, but when it comes to things that can possibly be perception changers, try and verify information before you talk. At least the original poster is sharing his personal experience and drawing his opinion from there. You, unfortunately, are sharing untruths.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2008
8 million sony laptops catching fire is isolated
this statement is highly untrue , it was meant to be an exaggeration of events that happened , 8 million batteries where infact withdrawn by sony after incidence of exploding batteries where reported The recall was prompted by safety issues caused by batteries melting, and in some cases, even catching on fire. , the very real danger posed by laptop batteries unpredictably catching on fire has consumers worried. , my aim was not to slight sony as a company but to proof that even the big names in computer makes mistake , and things do go wrong even with the high brands , , my point is that any company can make bad product , and zinox can not be judged on the experience of one guy , if so then sony vaio is the worst company in the world , cus their laptops are just beautifully crafted piece of shit , the one i got recently gave me all sort of problems , from cd rom not writing to poor battary life , to the wacky touch pad , but then sony is a big player in the game that can get away with things like that without a scratch on their image , sony Ericson's can make crappy phones e.g p990i,sony can make laptops with exploding batteries ,M$ can make xbox that would just drop dead , i remembered the last time i got a creative zen , i just plugged it to my computer and the thing just when dead , i searched google and i found out that virtaully the whole world had the same problem , some pple even threatened to sue the company , talk about support its a fact that support sucks everywhere , i have heard horror stories from some global forums i belong to about how bad support can be how there would put u on hold for hours without end , Zinox support sucks no doubt and no one should be made to go thru what the author of this post was made to face , but then shit happans and it didnt just happen bcus zinox is a nigerian company , it would have happened if it was zinox finland , cus i know that sony is not zinox and i still had problems with it , i hell of a problem
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by codename47(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
I agree that ur regular manufacturers also assemble their products.Just loosen up ur pc and u'll see the different manufacturers of Hard drive, cd drive, RAMS etc.
But i had an xperience also with Zonox Power 4 notebook. i actually intended to change the battery, and so i called there office.
The guy on desk really really dissapointed course apparently, they dont have their own chargers. How would a company not have their own spares.
I still have a lot of faith in Nigerian made goods but i guess we are not yet ready to make laptops.There's another company coming up--SHOT. lets hope they do better.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2008
This is not only about patronizing Nigerian made goods.

We. Are. Consumers. repeat that after me, let that nugget of information swirl around in your head a bit.

Zinox laptops and desktops are nowhere near value for mney, except you like throwing cash away at underpowered, overpriced hardware.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2008
texazzpete:

This is not only about patronizing Nigerian made goods.

We. Are. Consumers. repeat that after me, let that nugget of information swirl around in your head a bit.

Zinox laptops and desktops are nowhere near value for mney, except you like throwing cash away at underpowered, overpriced hardware.

i completely agree with u , just substitute the zinox for sony vaio
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2008
bigrovar:

i completely agree with u , just substitute the zinox for sony vaio

Nice try.

Sony VAIO's may be priced high, but they are NOT underpowered. Show me any Sony VAIO in circulation with a celeron processor in it.
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2008
but they are NOT underpowered. Show me any Sony VAIO in circulation with a celeron processor in it.
indeed , bought a sony vaio , it was very expensive but i fell for the good looks my system model was sony fz21e
160gb
2gb ram
nvidia 8400gt
intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz
webcam
on paper a beast , in reality a fraud , first of the cd rom was set to region 2 meaning most dvds are not detected on my system, when i check most of my friends cdrom , there where set to global region , later i started experiencing problems when i burn cds  , nero would tell me buring successful , but when i putt the same cd in , vista would tell me it is blank all this in less than 2 months of usage , for a guy that hardly plays games or watches moives on my laptop , that is lame ,  i got about 7 software dvds from uk recently , i slot them on my sony vaio and it detected the first one , when i put in the second one nothing happened , then i put in the first one  that worked , nothing happened , till date , my laptop doesnt acknowledge my precious dvds , now it doesnt burn cd/dvd anymore

on to web cam ,  only works if the room am in is as bright and the sun , anything other than that , u wont even see my face , (although the situation is a bit better under ubuntu using a reversed engineered webcam driver)

the system came preinstalled with millions of blotware , things i have no need for and when i start it there all struggle for startup , turning my core2duo into a celeron , it took me days to uninstall everybit of them , somehing a noob wouldnt dare do ,

what about battary life , that is another story ,

i have 160gb on paper , but in reality i had access to just 90gb , the rest taken over by bloats and 20gb for recovery of futher boats incase i removed the one that came preinstalled,  
the touch pad was torture ,  i had to buy a 3000 naira mouse after getting feed up and the punishment that was using a sony vaio computer ,
in the end i just wiped out vista and installed ubuntu , which worked quite well but my cd rom issue was still there , and the computer hardware wise was just a bitch , use to curse at it everyday , i tried selling it , but no one would touch it with a pole , right now am sending it to lagos ,  to some distance relation who deperately needs a computer , i know of a friend who has had similar issues with sony vaio went for the looks and got punked , today am happy with my thinkpad , ugly yes , rock solid yes
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by tosinadeda: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2008
omatek and zinox
dem be the same!!!!!!!!!
substandard
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by texazzpete(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2008
@bigbrovar
You7 simply bought a laptop too powerful for ypour needs. and for someone with some IT skills you were criminally l;ax in picking your laptop. I for one will NEVER buy any electronic device without checking up on user reviews of the device.

hell, the 8400gt probably added $250 to the laptop price. I struggle to believe that any manufacturer will include up to 20GB of bloatware apps.

For the cdrom issue, there may be workarounds, i dunno.

if you need a buyer for the vaio. . .in short, i'll call you
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by bigrovar(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2008
texazzpete:

@bigbrovar
You simply bought a laptop too powerful for ypour needs. and for someone with some IT skills you were criminally l;ax in picking your laptop. I for one will NEVER buy any electronic device without checking up on user reviews of the device.

woow ,  when a zinox user wasn't satisfied with his product ,  zinox was hounded and blamed for his woes ,  but was a sony vaio user shared is horrible experience with sony ,  he was blamed for getting a laptop too powerful

one u don't know what i use computer for so how can u decide what my CPU usage is ,  i run 3 OS on my systems ,  and i have a server installed on 1 of them ,  i do alot of video and audio editing on my ubuntu box,  not to talk of  huge amount of ubuntu packages i have to compile from source for my Linux Usage Group,  and maybe u don't know ,  compiling packages from source uses a hell of a process power ,  , 

and for someone with some IT skills you were criminally l;ax in picking your laptop. I for one will NEVER buy any electronic device without checking up on user reviews of the device.
and for someone intelligent u sure do make a lot of statements  without knowing the facts ,  ,   i always do a thorough research before i buy any product ,  but no end user experience can be as good as your own experience ,  it probably worked for people using their system for movies and slight browsing ,  it didn't work for me ,

hell, the 8400gt probably added $250 to the laptop price
. i needed the nvidia for my video editing stuff and beside nvidia makes the best drivers for Linux ,  or so i thought!

I struggle to believe that any manufacturer will include up to 20GB of bloatware apps.
me too but that is sony vaio for u ,

For the cdrom issue, there may be workarounds, i don't know.
what freaking  workaround ,  call a spade a spade and not a garden tool ,  sony vaio sucks simple !
if you need a buyer for the vaioin short, i'll call you
prefer u mail me bigbrovar@gmail.com
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by skylabnn: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Am shocked at this level of hatred for Zinox. This to me is a sponsored job and we should desist from destroying our own products and people. Zinox pioneered the assembly of Internationally certified computers in Nigeria. This is a great effort by Nigerians who have options to go into oil or Aviation or energy sector to make quick money. I was one of those who bought their first laptop model -A550 about 8yrs ago and my kids are still using it. I bought their latest model the Divine Duo Core and am proud of it. I have been disappointed severally by HP and DELL and this is why am taking this time to write. My Son works for INEC and says he is very proud of Zinox because the company saved their jobs including that of their chairman. when they so called international brand failed woefully in their locations, Zinox was called in and was proud that out of over 12,000 zinox laptops supplied, they recorded near zero failure rate while the international brand recorded over 54% failure rate and that is why they asked their contractors recently to supply them zinox. We are also aware that recently HP, DELL etc recalled millions of laptops that failed worldwide. Pls lets not compare zinox with Omatek for God's sake. we should appreciate the effort of peopled who have consistently achieved in Nigeria. It is clear to the thomases of our time that other brands are springing up because of the singler effort of Zinox. Am not trying to speak for Zinox but I have been their committed user and my office(ELF) too.
Finally, pls lets not use this site to destroy our best. Competition is healthy but should not be destructive. Definitely at the end of the race, Nigerians will decide. It is tough to do business in Nigeria except if we have we decided to sell Nigeria. Americans can not give a dollar without attching it to their people and products. THANK YOU
Re: My Experience With A Zinox Laptop by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2008
Klez and ALL, It is very easy to be a critic than to be a pioneer. Let us use this forum to recognise pioneers from our land. I am sure your are one of those Nigerians who would rather work with an Indian or "Kora" company than start a business of your own and employ fellow Nigerians. I can also bet that your passport is with one ambassy now waiting for "VISA" which you have propably paid 800,000.00 for. In my several years experince in telecomms, I have come across people who do not know how to use an equipment but will scream their heads off with complaints of how fauly the devce is. Go and check other world wide forums and see users complaints about the Dells and HPs and Acers.

I am proud to be a Nigerian. I will patronize any made-in-Nigeria product. I go the extra lenghth of writing letters to the corporate affairs unit of those companies if I find anything wrong with their products. I have done it before and I will keep doing it. Like I said earlier, we can all sit down and talk rubbish, or we can all help this country by first of ALL being truly Nigerian. Let us pray for our country and stop bad mouthing anything that comes from home!

I recently heared that Zinox will be listed on the stock market? Well if they are not serious why will they want you and I to come and buy their shares? Klez, when Zinox lists, go buy their shares then you can attend AGM's and positively contribute to their growth. God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Free Browsing Trick Using Airtel With This Edited Simple Server Config / USA Grade One Laptops.amazing Deals, Rush In!!! / How To Create A Short Name For Your Facebook Profile, Group, Fans Page Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.