Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,146 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (41686 Views)

Harvard University Bans Relationships Between Students And Professors / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by DARREG(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
DISCLAIMER: Am not even sure if this post should be in Education or Religion section, so please pardon me

Covenant University are in the news again, only that this time its not about expelling any student unjustly but they stopping their female students from looking very beautiful and attractive.

According to students of the school and the new Student Handbook(2013-2017 edition), the new management of the university has outlawed the use of "makeup" and "high heels" in the school. I wonder what is wrong with a university student looking
beautiful with makeup.

Anyways some of the students took to twitter to state thier dissatisfaction about outlawing make up and high heels in the school. below are some of thier tweets you can go on twitter and search for Covenant university or CU for more tweets, it was even trending yesterday on twitter

SOME OF THE TWEETS
Ketandu KK Ezeji ‏@OfficialKK_ 19h
Covenant University Stay Acting Like Dressing Equals Salvation. You Can't Come Into My Heaven If Your Shoes Are Red.
Retweeted 21 times

PRO/Creativist ‏@TheRealVyne 19h
- Who goes to heaven for wearing black shoes or no makeup? Lol. Please explain to me. I'll wait. @JacobsIdowu4 @estiville
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

- Sleep & Wake up CU students, it's only a dream.... Or not )-:
Expand

- One day they'll riot..... One day..... Never actually )-: #CuPains
Expand Reply Retweet Fav

Its Marvin; Biatch! ‏@duke_of_kellogs 18h
Lmao! *Dies* "@Tolu_Moula: :"( RT @KjSunmon: Lol. Covenant university 2014 Endurance set"

The Eccentric Imp. ‏@Cyntheeya 19h
Covenant University is not a University. More like a reform center for "bad children".

- ......They should for ONCE conduct a DEPRESSION test.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ketandu KK Ezeji ‏@OfficialKK_ 19h
Covenant University Gets It Wrong A Lot of The Time I'm Not Sorry To Say. Plus Ouch Some Invisible Lightening Just Struck Me.
Expand Reply Retweet

- Cu is losing focus. Christianity isn't an issue of appearance. God hasn't stopped looking at HEARTS.
Expand Reply Retw

Moby V ‏@bookjunk1e 19h
Covenant University will break you. Take every single shred of endurance you have and deliberately shoot it to hell.

Tösïn Örìölá ‏@kid_sauce 19h
Link to the handbook y'all http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Media/Banner-Assemblies/Homepage/Notifications/Student-Handbook-2013-2017

Ogunleye Olawale ‏@itz_waley 30 Aug
Watching T.V Doesn't Interest Me That Much Again.......Thank You Covenant University

- How can you devote the existence of a university into making lives miserable under a stiff academic calendar? DON'T YOU WANT TO LIVE LONG?
Expand

Arike ade ‏@MissLamide 30 Jul
A boyfriend nko? "@Temmii_xx: “I Never Had A GirlFriend” – Best Graduating Student In Covenant University http:///1ckaGQ5 "

_Princess_jasmine ‏@Saucejasmine 15h
I guess the "empty barrel makes the loudest noise"#amsowietothoseitmayconcern"@MsNarah: No sch tweets about thier sch the way CU students!

source:
http:///oDUTDlgv0M

link:
http://www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Media/Banner-Assemblies/Homepage/Notifications/Student-Handbook-2013-2017

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by olaric(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Instead of criticising Covenant University and its code of conduct all the time, will it not be easier to advice students to move to other schools if they don't like the school? After all there are over 60 universities in Nigeria!

80 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by luvablesam(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
They shold also eating n drinking water too.aren't dis people adults? What ever happened to civil rights n liberty?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Dannyxy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
The student should jst go on strike....

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
olaric: Instead of criticising Covenant University and its code of conduct all the time, will it not be easier to advice students to move to other schools if they don't like the school? After all there are over 60 universities in Nigeria!
I always blame students who know the law of the school but still go there and complain. But i think it's a different case when you're already in the school and they come up with these daft laws. Very soon they'll tell them to wear only dunlop slippers in the school premises.

14 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
If the news is true, wonder why they will ban those things in their school and leave their church. Are they more passionate about descency in school than in church?

92 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
good moves on stopping end time dressings

Okada abeg tk me 2 romance section

14 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by DARREG(m): 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
but u shud know dat there is freedom in church on certain things and an adult cannot discipline and impose laws on anoda adult because of our fundmntal human rights...but in a school they av d power
kaorama: If the news is true, wonder why they will ban those things in their school and leave their church. Are they more passionate about descency in school than in church?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by demelza: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Their school, their rules.
You dont like it, get the fùck out!

22 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Is Kumuyi the owner of the school undecidedundecidedundecided.

Is it not supposed to be a university

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by zeelo2014: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
School for kids. Enter as a kid and still come out as a kid.

13 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Huh
Any way
Na them sabi
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by devigblegble: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
demelza: Their school, their rules.
You dont like it, get the fùck out!
thank u so much

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
LOLOLOLOL!! Why are the students complaining though? That's what you get when you go to a glorified secondary school.

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by hustla(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
they banned male students from wearing brown shoes to class
hw i take manage finish from the school sef?
undecided grin
na God o

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by xynerise: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hypocritical laws

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2013

Ok. What else should I say? Or feel? Ok.
:

I attend a private university, but my school is pretty (heavily) liberal (for a christian institution). You can basically do whatever you want, even wear trousers to church, nobody bothers you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1256218_feel_jpg550888eb1818399536ea76a8491fba8c
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Hardeywerlay(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
WTF?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nuzo1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Best news to come out of Black Africa in years!

This will reduce the number of masqurades in the street.

At least one gets to know what his partner really looks like before asking her out. shocked

49 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by victorazy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
H
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Bantino(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is what happens in a glorified secondary school
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Kslib(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
The entire management of the school are hypocrites..
This is thesame Hypocritical attitude that makes people to lash/not spare them when they ffuck up..
See what they doing now,and later,someone will come out say "people are lashing them too much,when they ffuck-up"..
Na una holy pass?
Make their General over-seer no just ffuck-up like MR COZA, cos if he does,him own go worst pass.. Mssheew!!
All izz well!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by 80million1: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Let me prepare a ROBUST REPLY!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by tmtech: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
You cannot eat your cake and have it, shebi na u wan go private uni wey dem no dey strike....
Buh, sewiously, aw does make up affect ur academics
And dey say he who pays the piper calls the tune...buh na u dey pay huge money, na money collector dey dictate...small time dey go expel u for dancing To secular music....one advice----------Port to ASUU controlled school...make up is allowed there.....................

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by 80million1: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bantino: ??
see your life
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by SincereBigot: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
make them ban G String too
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
SimonAndal:
Ok. What else should I say? Or feel? Ok.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1256218_feel_jpg550888eb1818399536ea76a8491fba8c
tie ur legs and pretend ur a mermaid

9 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by lifestyle1(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
why complaining ? what do you expect from a christian university ? if you are not cool with their rules then don't apply! its simple. angry

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by 80million1: 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
victorazy: H
see ur life!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by nbright: 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
No problemo... Now they will know who's naturally beautiful... Wish all churches will ask their female members not to make up to church so that those brothers that are searching for a wife will choose with ease of mind

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Applied For MSc But Foreign Supervisor Said School Is Accepting Me For PhD / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study / Some Funny School Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.