Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

The Silent Lover - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Lover (94603 Views)

Bloodline........Prologue / The Company;The Silent Battle / The Cyber Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Does dat means i'll continue readin dis wondaful piece?

Yeah, sure smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Does dat means i'll continue readin dis wondaful piece?
lemme ansa... YES
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wesslier:
lemme ansa... YES

Thats right Wesslier wink
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
"Hi,"

That was her only response and then turned her head away, smiling with her friends, not even caring to glance at him again.

And Aariz......

Open-mouthed, he just stared at her, as she walked away witgout deigning to give him a second look, clearly ignoring him.

It never happened to him that he met some woman and she ignored him. It never occured to him that he wanted to talk to some girl and she did no talk.

"K...Komal," He name choked past Aariz's swollen throat, but that was all. He couldn't say anything else. He could only stare at something that was truly unique in every aspect.

This girl was different, really different. She was quite something.

We do not know how beautiful legendary Helen was, or how charming and attractive historical Cleopatra was, or how shapely classical Atalanta was-but if one saw Komal, he would have a fairly good idea about these women.

She wore a narrow, pink choori-daar pajama, finely embroided Hyderabadi Kurta with net's dupatta. She looked typically traditional and yet typically modern.

Her shoulder length satiny dark brown hair framed a heart-shaped face that would cause any male to turn his head when she passed. Her sparkling brown eyes were the eyes that one could drown in for, and were set slightly apart and her dainty, pert nose was freckle free across its bridge. She was also heavier with her make-up, using blusher on her on high cheekbones, and mascara to darken lashes long and thick as Barbie doll's. She already possessed the flawless skin, and the high cheekbones that would make her desirable. She wore her hair lose, straight and shiny. Thick and bright, it was the color of dark nut, and matched eyes that titled at the corners, giving her a faintly exotic appearance which men found irresistible.

Her full ripe mouth had thick, naturally upward-curved lips, the lower lips protruding slightly in an almost perpetual little-girl pout, which added a sensual look to her round dimpled chin and soft satiny complexion.

Her best feature, though, was, he thought, her hair......hair to die for. It was long and luxuriously thick. It fell around her pretty face and dainty shoulders in cascading waves of nut brown

And her figure......

He had never seen such a perfect body. Curvy, shapely, ultra-feminine, her appearance reminded him of some ancient Greek Goddess. She was tall, but proportioned. Her finely fitted dress perfectly revealed the attractive ups and downs and seductive highs and lows of her slim shape.

"Hey" Shaheryaar waved his hand in front of his eyes. "What happened?"

"A lot", He breathed automatically.

Sometimes, people just enter your world and -whoop- Things will never be the same again.

He pulled his gaze away and turned to Shaheryaar, who was standing beside him.

"Did you see her?" Aariz asked enthusiastically.

"Who? Komal?" Shaheryaar replied.

"Yes, her." He said, trying to indicate his new objecg of desire without being obvious.

His eyes flickered from Aariz to Komal, then back again.

"People say I have a 'black tongue'." Shaheryaar smiled devilishly. "Means, whatever I say. It always happenes. Remember what I told you?"

"Yes," Aariz replied blankly. "You said I'd fall in love today."

While he spoke to Shaheryaar, he didn't miss a sibgke chance to take a detailed look of her.

Through out the evening, his gaze didn't leave her. Whereever she went, he wanted to see her, observe her.

The way she stood, the way she talked, everything about her was so lovely that he thougt it would hurt him if he tried to look somewhere else.

And then, she turned back with a real grace, but he was transfixed. There were two or three other girls with her, but he wasn't looking at them.

Almost against his will, he found himself going behind her.

"Stop it Aariz." A voicr came. "You don't even know her. Don't be so stupid, you're a twenty six year old grown man, not some silly teeneger craving for opposite sex." His conscience warned him, but his feet didn't listen.

He saw she laughed at somethig, and this was the instant she turned back and their eyes met. Hers two, and his two, became four. The nature smiled and feelings laughed.

It felt wonderful and touchy.

Again, giving him a quick glance and flashing her don't-you-wish it-was-you smile, she turned to face away like nothing happened.

But that was not the truth. Ofcourse a lot had happened and they both knew it.

Exactly at the same instant, she playfully clapped her hand and let her hair fly about her head, while her soft laughter danced on the wind.

"Tyrant." He clenched his teeth and smiled. "This 'who-cares' style suits her." He thought.

On the other side too, feelings were not much different.

Although she tried her best to keep herself 'apparently' normal and calm but only she knew what did it.

Ofcourse, she was very much used to men's glances, but this man.....

There was something unique in his eyes. It did make her uncomfortable, but not in a bad or disgusting way.

She felt like high school all over again.

"Hey come on! What's happening to you Komal?" Rubab looked into her cousin's eyes with deep concern.

"I....I'm alright." She tried to smile.

"You sure?" Rubab asked again, like she was not sure.

She nodded in silence.

It was very astonishing for Aariz. For the very first time, some girl had not really taken any interest in him. She was not looking at him again and again, unlike rest of the girls.

Unable to take his eyes away from her, he watched her walk away from him without ever lookig at him.

For the rest of the wedding, he tried his best to get a chance so that he couls talk to her properly.

His wish came true when the dinner was served and she sat alone in a corner of house's enormous lawn, listening to soft music as she ate. Stars as bright as the sequins on her Kurta were popping out all over a black velvet sky and the summer breeze was warm.

Alone at the moment, she was shaking the spoon slowly in the plate partially filled with Chicken Biryani, taking short, fine sips of cold drink at the same time. Apparently ignorant, she was fully aware of eaxh of his actions and gestures. The sight of Aariz standing there, backlit by big lamps, made her breath catch in her throat. When he took a few steps toward her,.Komal could see that his lips were parted in a dazzling display of perfect white teeth. His smiling eyes seemed even more compelling and magnetic.

He stepped closer and came to stop in front of a table spread with plates of Salad, Kababs, Biryani, Kheer, Sheermaal, Qourma and Carrot's Halwa.

"Hello!"

His voice was as inspiring as the rest of him.

In answer she just raised her face a little, but said nothing.

"May I sit here?" He asked, taking a chair adjacent to her.

"You already have." Words left her mouth in a flow and a soft British accent floated through the air.

He laughed.

His nearness disturbed her even more.

She turned to find him, studying his eyes through heavy-lidded eyes, so black and sharp with male interest- nothing offensive, just an honest male admiration for a member of the opposite sex.

He had lean, angular face. He was a dominating for sure, it was written all over him.....in the way he sat, in the way he held himself, in the 'male' way he sized her up.

She turned her face to the wall to avoid his penetrating gaze. Her mind was frozen into two black and white, conflicting, pilarized feelings.

"May I ask your name?" He said in a dream-like voice.

"You already know."

He became answerless. But, a wonderfully mysterious smile played about his well-formed mouth, a smile thay touched and matched the deep black waters od his eyes.

"Oh yes. I'm sorry." He looked toward her and smiled absently.

"Komal," He breathed.

"For the first time in my life," He whispered. "I've met someone whose name perfectly suits her."

"So delicate, fragile, vulnerable."

Blushing at the compliment, she wanted to look directly into his eyes, wanted to stop him from what he was saying, but she couldn't.

He had a mesmerizing quality in the way he spoke.

"I....I don't know but seems like we've met before?" He slanted his lips into a smiling grimace.

"No, certainly we have not." For some unknown reason, she felt confused.

"Oh, sure?"

She couldn't reply.

"By the way, you don't have to be scared of me. I am pretty noble kind of man."

"How can I confirm that?" She asked in a low voice, her tone teasing.

"Trust me, I'm." He chuckled, satisfied and content as he saw her features relaxing some more.

She shrugged and looked away.

"So, you're from London, right?"

"Yes," She replied in a friendly tone. "I came from London."

"First time in Pakistan?" He asked as if guessing her thoughts.

Her beautifully arched eyebrows rose.

"I guess that's pretty obvious." She answered. "I'm normally not this confused."

"But your Urdu is fabulously fluent." He argued.

"Yeah. My mom used to teach me since my childhood. If we live in Europe, it doesn't make us Europeans. We are still Eastern and Pakistani, by heart."

"I see," He said with clear interest. "So enjoying your time here?"

"Umm, yes very much." She said, grinnig. "Although many things have changed, still Pakistan is the best."

"Yes, for sure, that I'll have to believe." He said in a serious tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, when the 'best' people from London come to pay us a visit and like it here, I'd have to accept that Pakistan is the best." He explained.

On his comment, she laughed. As her musical laughter spread beautiful wedding bells in the atmosphere. Aariz felt like the whole world was smiling and laughing. He had never heard such a feminine, musical laughter. He wanted her laughter to go on and on until last of his breath.

"So, how long are you staying?" He asked, as last waves of her laughter dissolved in the air.

"Just ten more days."

"Oh," He said, his eyebrows shooting skyward, "But I thought, after you were here....." He swallowed. "Ah well," He sighed, trying to hide his disappointment.

"Not to worry. It's been nice meeting you anyway." She said calmly but his next question startled her.

"How old are you?"

"What?"

She was at a loss for words. She wanted to tell him that his questions are becoming too personal, but on second thougts she decided against it. Certain frankness seemed to be in order so that a relationship could be established.

"Oh, don't worry." He grinned naughtily. "I know it's out of ethics to ask such question from a lady but in certain relationships, age is very important."

"Which kind of relationship?" She asked spontaneously. "I'm sorry," She said. "You've quite lost me there."

He fought down the sudden acceralation of his pulse, and said in a soft spoken, elegant voice.

"Just a simple, plain friendship, nothing more."

"Then you must not forget that, in friendship, age doesn't really matter at all, does it?" She sighed with relief. "I'm twenty-four, by the way."

"Thanks. I was just curious." He smiled again. "I'm twenty-six."

"Not much difference, I suppose?" She looked into his eyes.

"Yes, as far as the matter of age is concerned, it's not much difference I hope." He told her.

"So, friends?" He asked very pleasantly.

"I just met you." She uttered in a defenseless tone.

Her remark caused him to lift a dark eyebrow and give her a penetrating look that was both curious and amused.

"So did I." He got nearer.

His fragrance was intoxicating. Her eyes began to close.

"Komal, it's time to go now." A gracful lady-like woman in a maroon Saarhi called her.

"Alright Mom, I am coming." She replied to her mother swiftly.

"Ok. Mr. Aariz, it was nice talking to you." She left her chair and got up."Bye, bye."

She didn't even wait for his answer. Without once looking at his direction, shw started walking.

She didn't once look back, but she didn't have to. With every step she took, she could feel his hawk-like stare boring into her back.

As she turned and walked toward her car, she tried very hard not to look back.

Such was life. She tried to convince herself.

He said nothing then, but the nape of her neck continued to prickle with awareness of him.

Aariz felt a weird disappointment as she walked away.

Would she leave like this? Without even looking at hin? Didn't he deserve even a single good-bye glance from her? Would they part like this?

His heart began to disturb him intensely.

She continued to take short steps, walking slowly reaching near the main gate where a black Mercedes approached them. A chauffeur in uniform got out and opened the door for both mother and daughter.

Disappointed and dejected, he was almost about to turn back, when she looked at him for one last time.

The whole world stopped as his heart began to beat wildly. For next few seconds, their gaze didn't break at all. She felt the earthy sensuality that was within the atmosphere between them. And then jerking her hair in a touchy style, she climbed into the car.

Only then he saw she was smiling.

4 Likes

Re: The Silent Lover by babyzai(f): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
1daful. Well done bro
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Khia! ... dis last scene just so...
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
babyzai: 1daful. Well done bro

Thanks....its sis not bro smiley

Wesslier: Khia! ... dis last scene just so...

I do love it myself grin
Re: The Silent Lover by babyzai(f): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
My mistake. Thanks sis nd well done
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
babyzai: My mistake. Thanks sis nd well done

The pleasure is all mine. Thanks for reading
Re: The Silent Lover by Winnie1950(f): 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
This story is captivating and unique compared to other stories on NL can't wait for the next update
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dunno wots wit me n love stories...

I love ds so much
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
Winnie1950: This story is captivating and unique compared to other stories on NL can't wait for the next update

Thnx for d compliments. Next update comes up tmrw smiley
datblaqgurl: Dunno wots wit me n love stories...

I love ds so much

Love stories are always lovely and besides they change you into a very good lover wink
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Aariz called Shaheryaar at his offixe first thing the next morning.

"I want her phone number".

"Whose?" Shaheryaar could not get him.

"Come on Yaar." Aariz said, displeased at his friend's memory. "I'm talking about Komal, your cousin's cousin."

"Oh," Shaheryaar took a ling breath. "Are you really serious Aariz?"

"Now that's totally ridiculous," Aariz said with artificial anger. "Didn't you guess anything last night?"

"Umm, yeah but I thought it was just simple, plain admiration and that's all. I didn't think you were really into her."

"You forgot what you said last night?" Aariz smiled. "That you've got a black tongue. Now here's another proof for that."

"But are you sure?"

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Aariz asked angrily.

"I mean, are you aure about your feelings? Are they real or do you just want friendship with her?"

"I already have a lot of female friends and you know that very well." Aariz stated. "It's not just time passing. For the first time in my life, I am feeling something really genuine, straight from my heart."

"But....." Shaheryaar said after few moments. "She.... She is different ."

"What do you mean by different?"

"She is not from our community, man."

"Oh, does that realky matter?" Aariz laughed emptily. "I thought she is alien or something."

"Aariz, this is not some game or fun."

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, stop kidding and give me her phone number."

There was a brief silence on the other side, then he heard Shaheryaar's breath.

"Okay. I don't have her number right now. But I can take that from Shahper uncle."

"Do that soon."

"Alrigt buddy, I'd call you in twenty minutes."

As Aariz set the reciever back to the cradle, his breath grew fast.

"So Mr. Aariz"He told himself. "You finally got what you were looking for, huh?"

"My ideal, the princess of my dreams, my 'girl'." He placed his hands behind his nap and sighed contently.

"How would she react?"

"What would be her response?"

From what he'd guess after his short meeting last night, she looked friendly, outgoing and social kind of girl. Exactly like the kind of girl he had in his mind. Smart, open-minded and modern, one who could be freelu able to move in society, walking side by side with him.

He had to have this woman.......this prize, this angel.

He leaned back and closed his eyes. He had not been able to sleep for a minute last night. As whenever he tried to close his eyes, her face came in front of his eyes.

"Yes, all the symptoms were there." He thought and smiled at himself.

He still remembered the soft brush of her long dark brown hair, the sweet smell of her perfume.

To say she was stunning was an understatement. But at the same time, he was sure that his attraction to her was more than physical.

And then, the memory of his conversation with Shaheryaar came into his mind.

Things had been so true so far. He couldn't believe it.

"Does marriage change one's life?" He had asked

"Well yes. It does." Shaheryaar had told him.

"How much?" He had asked again.

"Depends."

"On what?"

"On circumtances, natures, characters and ........in your fate." Shaheryaar had finally said.

He opened his eyes and smiled.

But he was sure about one thing; his life had changed even before marriage.

The alaarm clock went off precisely at ten o'clock in the morning. Komal rolled over with a groan while her hand fumbled over the bedside table to find the clock and shut it off. The urge was strong to go back to sleep but her conscience wouldn't let her. She tried to push the sleep from her face without success and lethargically swung her legs from beneath the silky bedcovers onto the floor.

Her eyes, heavy with the sleep, opened to mere slits as she stumbled to the chair where her cotton robe was lying.

Just then, her bedside telephone rang with full disturbing sound.

Angry and confused at the same time, she first looked at the wall clock of her bedroom and then reached to answer the phone.

"Damn. You never leave me Mawara!" She hissed in an angry tone, without even confirming about the person on the other side.

Silence.

"Hello?" She asked, even more confused. "Who's this?"

"Good morning." After a brief silence, came a heavy, purely masculine voicd, which was enough to stimulate the deepest nerves of her being.

She didn't say a word, trying to recognize him.

"Don't think too much. I don't like philosopher kind of girls." He laughed soberly.

"May I know who you are?"

"Sure, why not. I'm very much willing to give you my whole biodata, if you're interested," Said the voice on the line.

"Listen....." She opened her tongue harshly. "Whoever you're....."

"Aariz," He breathed, before she could say further. "Aariz Ali,"

He didn't let her finish her sentence but did finish her confusion in the most fabulous way possible.

"Oh," A long shuddering breath escaped out of her lungs through her trembling lips as she sat up straight.

She was almost about to tell.him 'I wasn't expecting you to call", bug caught her tongue just at the moment.

"I hope I didn't disturb your sleep, did I?

She smiled in answer and said. "Why do you always take permission for things you've already done?"

He laughed loudly this time.

"Do remember your words Ma'am." He said, his voice smiling. "That was something very meaningful."

Only then she realized what she'd said and what could be its 'after effects'.

"So, how was the wedding?" He asked anxiously, after a brief pause.

"Very nice, so beautiful."

"So are you." He said spontaneously.

She was speechless for some moments, then said,

"That was very superficial remark.'

"I always keep 'deep' things saved for later times." As he spoke, she could easily guess that he had not stopped smiling for a second.

"May I ask how did you.......

"Get your phone number?" He interrupted again, never giving her a chance to speak properly.

"It was pretty easy. Your cousin Daniyal is my best friend's cousin as well."

"Oh," She giggled. "Seems like very close relation."

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"No", She answered. "I'm only being honest."

"I like......" He said huskily, his tone suddenly became serious and deep. "I like honest people, because I am a honest man myself."

She kept herself silent this time.

"Also, you told me you were about to go back to London soon......" He continued. "And that's why I didn't watse time."

As he spoke, her breaths grew fast.

"Basically I'm a simple and straight forward person, Komal," He told her, his voice even more deep and heavy now.

"I don't believe in flirtatious movies dialogues and cheap styles of expression. So I decided to tell you the truth right away."

"And what's your truth?" She wanted to ask but her tongue didn't follow her mind.

"And the truth is that," He said.

Oh God, he even seemed to be reading her mind.

"I really like you and want to meet you."

"What" She was totally shocked and taken aback. "But why? What do you have in mind?"

"I was wondering if we both wanted to go out?" He said in a flow.

"But....." She said, her voice high. "But we don't even know each other properly."

"That's whay I thought too." Aariz said, "buy I've been thinking and it occurred to me that meeting each other would be the best way possible to know each other."

She couldn't say a word in answer.

"Take your time Komal," He said softly but firmly. "I don't want to force myself upon you. But I have just one request...." He finished his sentence.

Her heartbeats had become so loud that she thought if he could hear them.

"And that is, don't deny your feelings, and don't betray your heart." He whispered, and then added. "And now even if you refuse my offer, reject my suggestion, I won't insist. I'd take that as my fate, my luck."

He didn't say a word after that, but she could hear his breaths. He sure was curious to know her response and was desperate to see her reaction.

"I......." She began to say, but felt like her throat was obstructed. "I.....I've never ever done that."

"Neither did I." He told her.

"Okay," She finally released the long breath she was holding for so long. "When and where do you want to meet?"

"Thanks." His voice became loud and shaky with intense happiness. "Thanks so much Komal."

"Thanks for what?"

"For trusting me, believing me."

"It's alright." She smiled for the first time in their conversation. "I think you're nice."

"Now I won't say a second 'thanks' for that. How about tomorrow night, if it is not too short notice?"

"Err, tomorrow's no good, I'm afraid, it's my best friend's birthday. How about saturday?"

"Saturday's great, I'll book a table somewhere nice if you fancy it."

Komal was always up for good food. "Sounds great."

"Umm. Okay, but do you know my address?"

"Ofcourse not." He laughed.

"I'm actually staying with my uncle's family here in Defense." She told him her address.

"I'll be there!" He was feeling very happy indeed.

"Well, see you then! Bye for now." She put down the reciever.

Her first 'date' with any guy ever. She thought and sighed.

The line had been crossed and there was no stepping back.

2 Likes

Re: The Silent Lover by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice nd interestin... Waitin patiently 2 read d nxt update on deir DATE.
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wow... Lyk I said ppl wud get captivated. Wel done jare... I wish i was in luv...
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Nice nd interestin... Waitin patiently 2 read d nxt update on deir DATE.

Thnx dear for waiting patiently smiley

Wesslier: Wow... Lyk I said ppl wud get captivated. Wel done jare... I wish i was in luv...

Thnx dear......you r not in luv? shocked
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Indian film tinz cheesy

welldone dear
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
datblaqgurl: Indian film tinz cheesy

welldone dear

Indeed grin
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
underage:
Thnx dear......you r not in luv? shocked
I *tired* o
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wesslier:
I *tired* o

Lol....you shouldn't be
Re: The Silent Lover by Wesslier(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
underage:

Lol....you shouldn't be
lolz
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hello my dear readers (both the active and silent ones), I hope you all wouldn't mind if I take a break for the weekend and update on Monday. I need to spend these two days with my family without any distractions. Hope you guys understand. See you all on Monday smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Uhhhh, d whole weekend??

As long u'll be back wit 3 updates on monday, u r free..

Api weekend to u n ur family.. cheesy
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
datblaqgurl: Uhhhh, d whole weekend??

As long u'll be back wit 3 updates on monday, u r free..

Api weekend to u n ur family.. cheesy

3 updates? shocked I wont have time to type as much as that, but I promise you a very interesting one. grin
Re: The Silent Lover by VivyGift(f): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Wow! Underage did nt see ma comment and was feeling discouraged gringrincheesy

Ma gurl u are doing a wonderful job. I never expect this wow! smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Vivy Gift: Wow! Underage did nt see ma comment and was feeling discouraged gringrincheesy

Ma gurl u are doing a wonderful job. I never expect this wow! smiley

Thnx dear smiley. Feels good to know you are enjoying the story.

Hope you all had a nice weekend, cos mine was lot of fun. See you guys tmrw grin
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:13am On Sep 23, 2013
underage: Seems like no1 is enjoying the story anymore. You guys are not encouraging at all. It really takes a lot of time to type and post updates for you regularly and really discouraging when no1 seem to have interest in your writing. I think I should stop the story. embarassed

I don't know but is my story boring? Or is it because am a newbie here? Nevertheless, am waiting for your opinions on what to do about the story.
hi babe, i've been patiently following u, bt couldn't comment cos i'm nt using my phone. The screen brokesad
bt i av a small phone to comment wit nwwink

Your story is interesting nd i'm enjoying it...did i ever told u ur story is d first long story i'll be following with pleasure? cheesy
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2013
harlos: hi babe, i've been patiently following u, bt couldn't comment cos i'm nt using my phone. The screen brokesad
bt i av a small phone to comment wit nwwink

Your story is interesting nd i'm enjoying it...did i ever told u ur story is d first long story i'll be following with pleasure? cheesy

Oh sorry abt ur phone. Actually have been wondering if you r following d story or not. Bt am glad u r. Been d first long story u'll b following with pleasure, I promise to make it worth ur time. Thnx dear.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Komal lifted an arm and brushed aside a strand of dark brown hair that fell lazily across her forehead.

She knew he would want to see her this way, fresh and natural without any goopy makeup to mask her natural loveliness.

"Komal are you going somewhere?"

Hairbrush almosy dropped off her hand as she heard her mother's voice at her back.

"Y....yes Mom."

"Where?"

"To meet a friend." She turned back to face the huge mirror of her dressing table, applying lipstick to her pouting lips.

"Is there some party or something?" Her mother raised her brows.

"Why, nothing, nothing at all," She stammered. "Just a simple meeting."

"Alright, but this is Karachi, not london. Be back soon, okay?" Her mother looked into her eyes.

"I will mom. Don't worry," Turning back to her mother; she gave her a typical daughterly peck on the cheek and said goodbye to her as she left her room.

She had always been proud of her parents. They were 'ideal' parents for her. Not just because she was their only child but also because their nature was very flexible and they were really 'broadminded'. They had always trusted her and she had never made any attempt to break their trust.

Aariz parked his car just in front of her gate and climbed out of it. He firat rang the doorbell and then knocked on the door, feeling that she'd be able to hear his heart pounding through it.

He was almost about to ring the bell second time when suddenly the door opened and Komal appeared from inside.

Once again, Aariz was struck by her apprearance, as she looked extremely gorgeous in a cute simple royal blue fitting dress and matchinf heels. Her fair, smooth arms visible out of her quarter-sleeved dress added extra charms to her already very attractive figure.

He looked up at her for what must have been a few seconds, but felt like hours. Their gazes met.

There was a sense of intimacy they shared that couldn't be denied. Something had happened between them, without a touch, without a word , but very real all the same.

"Aariz." Her lush lips curved into a smile. "Well, I guess we're already late. Hurry up, I've to be back soon."

"People are looking very beautiful today!" He teased but his eyes were very gentle. Long, mascular arms folded across a broad chest.

His sentence brought a blooming crimson blush on her face.

She could feel his eyes roaming over her vulnerable and exposed figure. But, suprisingly, it did not make her uncomfortable. Instead, it gave her a surge of pride for the beautiful body she owned. Men stared at her as she walked down the street, eveb though she always tried to wear clothes that would hide her figure in the best possible way.

While he preceded her toward his car, she observed him with concentration. He was a few inches taller than she was, with broad shoulders and fine, black hair but it was his eyes that unsettled her the most. They were a deep black, quick and brazen and tender, all at once. His hands looked strong yet artistic and they were dusted with soft black hair, as was the generous expanse of chest revealed by his open-throated whtie shirt.

The effect was one quiet, inexorable masculinity.

Here was a man, Komal decided uneasily, who had no self-doubts at all. He was probably arrogant.

There was an air of ease between them as they took their table in a candlelit restuarant whose windows afforded a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea. It was a place of lovers: soft lights and softer music, tables set discretely apart, food and service faultless.

As they both sat there, they began to just gaze into each other's eyes. Examining the others beauty at the edge of their close focus distance. Komal felt a stirring inside her as she explored his face with her eyes. As the two gazed into each other's eyes, they knew this relationship was going to last. An unspoken truth in their hearts for so many years..... Now thus was their time.

"Aariz...." She called him in a low voice. "Aariz?"

"Hmmm, yes?" He opened his mouth in reply, his chin still supported by the fist of his left hand.

"Say something." Said Komal, ultimately breaking the silence.

"I'm speechless."

"Why?"

"When eyes can talk, I prefer to give my tongue some rest." He smiled.

"It...it all seems like a dream to me. I never thought it could all happen so soon." Komal whispered dreamily.

"Same here." He sighed and straightened himself up.

"So are you going to watse all the time, sitting here like this and saying nothing?" She smiled.

He smiled back in answer, his eyes never leaving her face.

"Did I tell you Komal that I live the way you smile?" He breathed softly. "And your smile, in turn, makes me smile back." He said and then added.

"If I could reach up and hold a star for everytime you made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand." He said in a gentle, purely romantic manner.

"Oh," She changed her angle and turned her head to hide the expression his wonderful words had produced on her face. "Don't flatter me,"

"I'm only telling the truth." He told her.

"Tell me more about yourself." She propped her chin on her hands,.her elbows paced on the table in a stylish way.

"What do you want to know?"

"Hmm, everything. Like about your family, your parents, your future plans,.your hobbies, nature." She said, her voice filled with sheer interest and pure curiosity

"Well......I am a graduate in public administration from John Hopkins University, USA. My father urged me to go to U.S for higher studies immediately after my matriculation in Pakistan." He left his sentence unfinished as the waiter brought their ordered menu items for dinner and refreshment. The items include Chinese fried rice with Italian salas and some fresh mushrooms. Pakistani dishes like spicy 'Kata-kat' and 'Behari Kabaab' with 'Poori Parathas' were also there. The drinks include fresh lemonade, orange juice mix, and hot tea.

"My God, Aariz this is too much. Who'll eat all this?" Komal exclaimed with shock, her big eyes getting even bigger.

"Doesn't matter if your stomach is small. Just keep your heart big enough." He winked naughtily.

"So I was saying.....I have been in U.S for the last nine years. I just came back last year, but thankfully living in U.S has improved my personality a lot, in certain ways." He resumed his talk as Komal re-arranged the dishes in front of them.

"What ways?" She asked curiously.

"I mean, I am more broad minded and balanced person now. You'd not find even single trace 'conservatism' or 'backwardness' in me." He said proudly.

"Basically, I am a simple person. Fun loving you can say, emotional in a healthy way. I run away from sober kind of people, they simply make me bored."

"Means, you are an out going kind of person?" Komal asked, separating the plates of spaghettis and Italian salad.

"Yes, you can say that." He poured the hot sour and sauce soup in the bowl. "I love to have fun and want to enjoy my life to its fullest."

"Hey, that's my line." Komal grinned. "I can't tolerate sad faces. Life is too small to be wasted in sorrows and tragedies."

Aariz smiled and said, "I'd call myself a talkative man. Talkative in a good, funny way as I love to joke around."

"Really?"

"Yes, why not. You won't believe I was thinking something really funny when we reached here few moments ago." Aariz told her.

"And what's that?"

"Some jokes related to this so called dating phenomenon." He chuckled.

"Oh yeah? I know soms of those myseld." Komal giggled.

"Like what?"

"Like, when before their first date, the girl tells the guy, encouraging him,'Go on, don't be shy. Ask me out!' and the guy says, 'Okay, get out!"

As a reaction, Aariz's masculine laughter touched her soul as she heard it.

"Have you ever heard that joke....?" Aariz asked, finally getting his breaths to normal. "In which the guy assures the girl that 'I think I could make you very happy'." Aariz changed his accent in Parody of the joke.

"Yeah, and the girl asks," Komal said, amused. "Why? Are you leaving?"

This time, they both burst into delightful laughter.

"Yeah," Aariz couldn't stop laughing. "And when the guy asks again that 'do you think it was fate which brought us together?"

"But the girl replies, 'Nah, it was plain bad luck'."

While they were laughing, smiling and giggling, Aariz realized something for the very first time in his life.

Yes, that's how he'd always wanted his life to be, full of smiles and laughter with a wonderful partner.

"God. Are we really on a date?" Komal asked, her face turning red due to the intensity of her laughing.

Aariz watched with interest as the flush spread from her pretty face down to her throat.

God, she was adorable.

"It's not a date." He said huskily. "It's our fate, which brought us together."

His serious and touchy tone brought her back to reality. Here she was, alone, with this wonderful man whom she had met just a couple of days ago, talking about everything. But it all felt wonderful.

"Can I get the two of you anything else?" The waiter asked as he stepped back alongside the table.

"No, thank you. Kindly show us the bill please."Aariz smiled with grace as the waiter returned to bring the bill.

"Are you religious?"

On thjs unexpected question of Komal, he was suprised. Religion was something he was not much used to discussing with others.

"Yeah I am a muslim, but not a fanatic one." He said firmly.

""Fanatic muslims?"

"One who goes to extremes in following his religion." He told her with clear disinterest.

"Mullah kind of people, you know," He added. "Who always keep on saying, do this and don't do that. Well, such kind of people really makes me sick. I keep everything in it's limits."

Komal exhaled a deep breath of relief and then took a final sip of her tea. She, herself had never liked religious men ever. Conservative, male chauvinists baised towards women, having narrow world starting from Islam and ending on it, never going out of their self-made shell.

"Yeah, same goes for me too." She said seriously. "I want balance in everything of life. Being moderate is the best way to pass your life. Be moderate in everything. Religion, world, life....everything."

"Leave this boring discussion dear. Religion never attracts me. It's a food for old conservative people and I'm not that old yet." He laughed.

Throughout dinner, Aariz chatted about his parents, how gentle and caring they were and how they had always respected his wishes.

"So when are we going to meet again?" He asked, now looking directly into her deep eyes.

On his question, she lowered her head, thinking.

Seeing her hesitation, he said,

"I....I'm sorry Komal. Really I am. I.....I don't know what came over me. I've nevrer tried to force myself on a girl before."

"You're not forcing me to do anything Aariz." She cut in before he could say further. "It's me," She said.

"I'm more to blame than you becaise I should have stopped you sooner. You.....you're a man, afterall."

"Stopped me, but why?" He couldn't understand what she meant.

"I mean......" She tried to say. "There are some problems."

"Like what?"

"Well...." She sighed and looked at her wristwatch. "I should better be going now. Mom would be waiting for me. I'd tell you next time." She smiled.

"Okay, as you wish." He shrugged his shoulders.

Aariz signed the bill and they rose to leave.

As they walk the short distance to their car, he called her.

"Komal!"

"Yes?"

"We sat together, we talked for just a few moments and yet it felt so wonderful." His face creased with emotion. "I was wondering how beautiful his whole life could be if you get you desirable partner, one you really wish for....."

And on his meaningful sentence, she suddenly became silent, thinking of nothing but him.

1 Like

Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmmmm... Love thingy grin

the prince nd d princess wink frm d begining.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
harlos: Hmmmmm... Love thingy grin

the prince nd d princess wink frm d begining.

Yeah dis is just d beginning.
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
I'm in love cheesy

op u ad a fun-filled weekend dearie? N ao's ur baby?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.