Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2569209 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Fisayomi1: 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Please is the code still available?

babajeje123:
As we look for new opportunities in high flying schools this year, I want us to be reminded that this sector is no longer what it used to be. Gone were those days when anybody can just go into teaching because they couldn't secure the job of their dream. Now, you must have a degree in education to prove that you have chosen teaching as a career and not as an alternative. Also, gone were those days when teachers were poorly paid (though, some school owners are slave masters) and had to depend on home lessons for survival. Some still do it not for the monetary benefit, but just to engage themselves productively. Teaching and teachers are evolving as a result of trainings available for them. It is noteworthy that some of these trainings are free and the quality they offer can't even be compared to what you will get from a classroom. Effort of British Council in providing online trainings free is highly commendable. For example, they partnered with PSGN to provide a platform where educators can train on diverse modules. Once you are done with a module, you get a certificate. And you know what? Everything is free! All you need is just a code to register for free and you find yourself in a virtual environment full of resources that would make you a real teacher. Alison is another site to visit. You don't even need a code to register and it's also free.
As we continue our journey this year, let's do all we can to get ourselves equip with the right skills such that when opportunities come, we won't be found wanting.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
olawooro:
Do you have a vacancy for Government Teacher?
No. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Slimgees(m): 3:34am On Aug 07, 2019
Anyone with useful info. about Espirits Grande Academy, Ojodu Berger packages..... Their pay and working conditions pls, it's a kinda urgent.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by olusma23(m): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Hello Nairalander,
Please I need info about the working conditions, treatment of staff and payment structure at Honneyland Montessori Ipaja Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2019
Go and come back and tell us
Slimgees:
Anyone with useful info. about Espirits Grande Academy, Ojodu Berger packages..... Their pay and working conditions pls, it's a kinda urgent.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Go there and come back to report to the house.
olusma23:
Hello Nairalander,
Please I need info about the working conditions, treatment of staff and payment structure at Honneyland Montessori Ipaja Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by clementbiola(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2019
Urgently needed @ calculus science tutors. Bashorun, Ibadan
Lit in English
English
Government
Economic
Account
Commerce
C.R.K

08066746435/08106846874

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Aystarz: 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
olusma23:
Hello Nairalander,

Thanks

Is it the same one opposite Abesan estate?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by addictedwriter(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
olusma23:
Hello Nairalander,

Thanks

fantastic place to work, just go and give your best. Success Wishes

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by addictedwriter(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
clementbiola:
Urgently needed @ calculus science tutors. Bashorun, Ibadan
Lit in English
English
Government
Economic
Account
Commerce
C.R.K

08066746435/08106846874

would have loved to use this as a side hustle but I b lagosian...

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
From the facebook handle of Akingbala Damilola

An education center in Abẹ́òkúta is urgently in need of teachers in the following disciplines; part-time and full-time: Mathematics, Chemistry, Accounting, Physics, Government. Interested persons should contact 08137841657.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by xtivin2: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
A Reputable School in Akure, Ondo State requires the service of an experienced Mathematics Teacher with a good interpersonal skill and vast in using various methodology to impart knowledge. The school has a good reputation for producing future leaders and excellent result in National and International Examinations. Certifications in IGCSE will be an added advantage. Candidates outside Ondo State may not apply.
Send copy of CV to info@mabestacademy.com Using "MATHEMATICS TEACHER" as Subject.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
wealthykeji:
School Administrator and Teaching Positions Openings.
Head of School, teachers of Home Economics , English Language and Fine Art.
Send Resume to ceceniks@yahoo.com.
location pls

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by hafsatadebisi: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Miraj22:

Just saw this, might be too late but I live near amaenyi
Alright. Male or female?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by olusma23(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
Aystarz:

Is it the same one opposite Abesan estate?
Yes
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by olusma23(m): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
addictedwriter:

fantastic place to work, just go and give your best. Success Wishes
Thanks sir
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by fruitysmoothie: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
Good evening house, pls I need a teaching job in warri. My specializations are English language, Home economics or social studies. I will be grateful if anyone can connect me to a good school within Warri. I can be reached on 09026902067.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Aystarz: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
olusma23:

Yes

Big structure and name no doubt but not commensurate with the pay. I guess that's something most of these so-called big Alimosho-based schools have in common.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by banggy: 4:10am On Aug 08, 2019
Aim07:
pls who knows Raodhot School in Offin Igbogbo Ikorodu? I have an interview with them next week, any body with info on their welfare packages for teachers and if it worth going.

hi good day
did u go for the interview and did u find out anything
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2019
Good idea at least discussions about salary of schools can be discussed there. Brilliant idea.
mastertunji:

At present, we are discussing the 1600-page ebook titled "Complete English Grammar" in our WhatsApp Forum. We also share daily English lessons apart from other ebooks that U will get free.
U can join the English WhatsApp group by chatting the admin on 08028052025
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Olamsoh: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2019
GEM Montessori School, a new Nursery and Primary School in Olodo area of Ibadan, is recruiting qualified staff members who have experience in montessori method of teaching and possess 21st century teaching styles to fill the position below:

Job Title: Montessori Teacher

Qualification
NCE, HND, B.Ed or B.Sc.
Skills:
Good communication skills,
Good accent and can communicate with diction
Must have montessori idea
ICT skill
Ability to work with children
Must possess smiling face and loving character
Mathematically Inclined
Versatile with all primary subjects.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2019.

Test Dates
12th, 13th and 14th 15th and 16th August, 2019.

Interview Date
20th August, 2019.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: gemmontessorischool@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Note
Only applicants living in ibadan should apply, preferably in Iwo road or Olodo area or someone who is willing to relocate to the school area.
Accommodation is relatively cheap in the school area.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Olamsoh: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Their college counseling service helps students to get ready for university by explaining every part of the process and helping families prepare well in advance of the application deadlines from exams to course selection, university selection and financial assistance.

Looking to reinforce their fast-growing college counseling team, they're urgently looking for full-time candidates in Lagos to fill the position below:

Job Title: Academic Coach

Summary
The Academic Coach is responsible for driving student learning. Academic Coaches collaborate with students and instructors to help students develop and achieve academic goals by cultivating good study habits, preparing them post-secondary exams, and evaluating student progress.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting strategic thinker who demonstrates the spirit of creativity and resourcefulness that a high impact environment demands, and who focuses on both relationships and outcomes to accelerate results.
He or she will possess or demonstrate the following: a growth mindset, self-motivation, positive energy, strong interpersonal skills, a service-oriented and team approach attitude to work, approachability, openness to new and divergent ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in an educational setting where children and adults are present.
The Adviser must be able to work collaboratively with teaching teams, senior academic officers and families.
Key Responsibilities
The Adviser’s role is primarily to assist students with mapping their academic and extracurricular experience to their future goals.
Understand the secondary school to university education pipeline in Nigeria and overseas, and assist students in developing a secondary school academic learning program consistent with their abilities and interests.
Help students define and develop an up-to-date academic realistic educational career plans through schedule planning for each semester and summer school, if appropriate, through to graduation.
Monitor progress toward educational/career goals and meet regularly to monitor progress toward completing the proposed academic program and to discuss grades and other performance indicators.
Approve all designated educational transactions (eg. exams, change of subjects, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.)
Counsels and guides students and parents towards successful university applications and placement in Nigeria and overseas.
Ensures deadlines are met and work with teachers to write and upload strong letters of recommendation
Assists student with standardized test registration and management
Organizes and hosts college visits to campus and establishes strong relationships with college representatives and admissions officers
Maintain an up-to-date Advising Portfolio, with a summary record of performance to date (grade reports, transcript, requirements completed, etc.), dates of meetings, notation of special circumstances, up-to-date information.
Inform and, if necessary, refer students to other institutional resources when academic, attitudinal, attendance, or other personal problems require intervention by other professionals. (e.g. Academic Services, Personal Counseling, etc.)
Build rapport with students
Education and Qualifications
The candidate must hold at least a Bachelor's Degree.
Minimum 2-3 years' experience working in a service-oriented environment. Experience as a college counsel, college admissions officer or other related experience is a plus.
Significant experience counseling and supporting students through the college selection, application, admission, and financial aid process will be appreciated.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
A desire to help students succeed
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising college bound students.
Ability to collaborate and build rapport with students
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Ability to motivate students as they transition from high school to college.
Leveraging student data in the tracking system to manage work, capture activity and coordinate with other teams, making continuous updates to the status and stage of various opportunities
Create, maintain, and provide status reports across work efforts
Characteristics of Effective Advisors
Advisors who possess the following characteristics are most successful with students:
Interested in advising
Demonstrates a concerned and caring attitude toward advisees
Exhibits effective interpersonal and communication skills
Available to advisees
Frequent contact with advisees
Intrusive behavior with advisees
Knowledgeable of academic regulations, policies, offerings, and procedures
Monitors student progress
Uses appropriate information sources and refers when necessary
Engages in developmental advising versus simply course scheduling
Salary: 3.5m per annum
Commensurate with experience and education.
HMO provided.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2019.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in and experience for this role to: info@soyezfleek.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by banggy: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please friends

who has igcse past questions 2018 for biology, physics and chemistry should kind pm me or reach me on watsapp

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Olu3939(m): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Olu3939:
A fast growing Christian school located in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State is seeking to recruit brilliant result oriented young men and women with a passion for excellence to join its work force from September 2019. The available positions are:

1. Primary & Secondary School Teachers (Male & Female)
2. Housemaster (Fully Residential)
3. Housemistress (Fully Residential)
4. Secretary/Front Desk Officer (Male or Female)
5. Cook
6. Security Guards
7. Cleaners
8. Drivers
Qualifications
a. For position 1 - 3, applicants must be degree qualified. Possession of degree in education/TRCN registration will be an added advantage.
b. For position 4 - A minimum of OND/NCE is required. Applicant must be very proficient in the use of Computer
c. For position 5 - 7 No educational qualification is required
d. For position 8 - Applicants must possess a valid driving license.

REMUNERATION: Negotiable, depending on qualification and experience

METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should forward their application letter accompanied by a detailed CV to olu3939dayo@yahoo.com.

Interview will hold in August and early September. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Interview letters for shortlisted applicants are already being sent via e-mail. By Sunday evening, all shortlisted applicants must have received their invitation letters. If you responded to this advert, please check your mail.

We are still receiving application letters and CVs for the second and final batch of interviews.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Aim07(f): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
banggy:

hi good day
did u go for the interview and did u find out anything
No I didn't go.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Zing85: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
babajeje123:

Send a PM
I think I have done that
Would really appreciate if we could talk via email zingwotu@gmail.com or WhatsApp 08137843887
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by banggy: 4:05am On Aug 09, 2019
Aim07:
No I didn't go.
why didn't you go will appreciate if we talk via this watsapp no 07034579079 thanks

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yunusoyeniyi: 4:18am On Aug 09, 2019
@Golden doctor .pls am in Alimosho local government .pls can u direct me to a y school there that needs teachers I studied business administration and marketing..plss

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
avicky:

It depends on your experience and qualification. Pay is good.

Ok thanks, I have sent my application and I would love to know if the vacancy is still on?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by DaBogu: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
I am going to share my experience as a recruiter, hiring executive assistants for several clients. Some may not like what I have to say, but I can only speak my truth.

Do we have a major youth unemployment problem in Nigeria,yes we do. While there is a challenge of not enough positions aligned with educated youths, as a recruiter I have seen there is a portion of the youth that is not serious about employment. Almost a sense of entitlement.

Many Nigerian youths have access to data and social media. That is how people find me and apply to jobs. I would think during your idle time, you would take time and teach yourself new skills and level up. Unfortunately this is not the case for many candidates I interview.

Let's say I have 10 candidates that I want to interview. Only 5 of them will respond to my initial interview. The other 5 candidates never respond.

Out of the 5 candidates that respond to my email, only three of them will be able to demonstrate knowledge of excel and PowerPoint.

Once I meet them in person, two candidates will call me the day of the interview with one long story basically saying they can not come to the interview, and only one candidate will actually be ready to present to a candidate.

After going to this process over and over again, I have started to ask myself is it worth it? I want to help more Nigerians get jobs, but it's clear to me overall we are not serious.
ver 400 resumes I have for EA positions, only 50 resumes have been presentable to clients.

Nigerian youths if there is not anything else you get out of my message, you need to level up. The Nigerian education system is not preparing you for the workforce. Start teaching yourself basic etiquette of how to apply for a job and the interview process.

Stop sending emails with no subject title or body in the email. Then you attach your resume and expecting a positive response.

Stop embellishing your resume, only to find your are not anything close to what your resume presents.

Do not put a number on a resume that will be hard for a recruiter to reach you.

And finally, if you applied to a position you should be in your inbox more than social media. I can not tell you how many times I get an email from a candidate a week later saying they are just now seeing my email.
This is the cold hard truth. As much as I want to help Nigerian youths. Many of us are not prepared for employment.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.