Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2568585 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kolawole1989: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2019
richie240:

oga, u started well but you sha had to scatter everything with d last paragraph.
So, in d corner of ur mind, u think a school will employ a certified (though incompetent) teacher over a competent teacher who has none of d 'teaching certificates' u bandy upandan? So, u feel all those teachers dt defeated u in all those interviews are 'certified'?
Why not go back to all those schools u were unsuccessful at their interviews and find out the qualifications of those who beat u to d jobs? Don't be surprised that many of them are not (according to u) 'certified teachers'.

Plz, just go to church jejely and give testimony instead of blocking our ears with your entitlement mentality
kojubeelo, lobatan, lolz

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2019
Mike4S:
I thank God for helping me to secure another teaching job after leaving a place that I was incompatible working. Imagine I kept relying on all the schools I applied during the holiday and none of them engaged my service. It was a school I applied in last year that called me. I almost lost and was already planning for another thing else before that call came in.
This is the umpteenth time I am getting a teaching job in where I did not go to see a mammoth crowd during interview. All the interviews I've participated that pulled crowd have never favoured me. Even when my performance is not execrable, I always ended up not getting the job.
Today I am grateful to God for helping me to secure this one here in Lekki. The lesson alone is causing me joy. I never knew that some unknown schools can offer such! One thing I like is the closing time (3:30pm) which allows hustlers like me to go for a home lesson.
God bless all the teachers in the house. We will get there and compete with our contemporaries in other field. Finally, let the TRCN continue with their effort to sanitise the system so that those who have come to take what belongs to us will pave way after all other professions like law don't tolerate non law graduates to practice law.
you are sick.To think you were making sense until d last paragraph. If the system in the country was working fine would the youths apply for a low paying profession like teaching(here in Nigeria).For your mind you studied EDUCATION. Muron!

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2019
Mountain Heights Schools, a fast growing Nursery, Primary & Secondary Schools in Mojoda, Epe, Lagos State is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Subject Teacher

Job Description
We are in need of Subject Teachers in any of the subjects below:
Mathematics
Business Education
Job Requirements
Candidate should possess a minimum of HND or B.Sc Certificate.
Candidates should be living in Epe - Mojoda and environs.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2019.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV and enquiries to: mountainheightsschoolsepe@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Or
Send Applications, CV and enquiries to the school at:
Phase 5, Ora Estate,
Mojoda, Epe,
Lagos State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Thorby(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
favoryte33:
you are sick.To think you were making sense until d last paragraph. If the system in the country was working fine would the youths apply for a low paying profession like teaching(here in Nigeria).For your mind you studied EDUCATION. Muron!
Damn!!!
We need to be reoriented in this Nation. I couldn't believe you try to correct someone but your write-up is worst.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thorby:

Damn!!!
We need to be reoriented in this Nation. I couldn't believe you try to correct someone but your write-up is worst.
The truth of the matter is that those who studied Education and still studying it are those who couldn't get admission into their preferred course just like most of those who are teaching couldn't get their preferred job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Thorby(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
babajeje123:

The truth of the matter is that those who studied Education and still studying it are those who couldn't get admission into their preferred course just like most of those who are teaching couldn't get their preferred job.
You can't be so certain. Not all, you can only say some.
Besides, being in any discipline is to make you a professional.
You can't say because you know law, that makes u a lawyer or you can prescribed drugs well, that makes you a pharmacist.

They have body to make them professionals and to curb out the fake ones among them.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thorby:

You can't be so certain. Not all, you can only say some.
Besides, being in any discipline is to make you a professional.
You can't say because you know law, that makes u a lawyer or you can prescribed drugs well, that makes you a pharmacist.

They have body to make them professionals and to curb out the fake ones among them.

Put 10 admission seekers together, none would tell you they want to study any educational related course. And that is just it! I understand that anyone who is a teacher should be trained but hey, it's more than certificate that TRCN is asking for. Teaching is more of a gift or innate ability that can be honed through training and more importantly, through practice.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Saintbusco1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
babajeje123:

Put 10 admission seekers together, none would tell you they want to study any educational related course. And that is just it! I understand that anyone who is a teacher should be trained but hey, it's more than certificate that TRCN is asking for. Teaching is more of a gift or innate ability that can be honed through training and more importantly, through practice.
.YOU ARE WRONG FROM YOUR FIRST POINT TO THE END.... Many admission seekers like me voluntarily chose to study EDUCATION not that I couldn't get my choice of study(am glad to be an NCE and a BEd holder).... people like you are the people TRCN should flush out of the profession, You see the mentality of people towards teaching is so worse that teaching job should be made for those strictly interested in teaching as a profession... Fafunwa said too many of our teachers are those who studied diff course in school but venture into teaching all because they can't find job.... IF TRCN CAN FLUSH OUT THOSE THAT DID NOT STUDY EDUCATION COURSE OR THOSE NOT HAPPY TO BE A TEACHER until then will teachers salary be attractive and teaching profession will be respected in our society... but as it is in our society now the Reward of a good and Qualified Teacher is in heaven...

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Saintbusco1:
.YOU ARE WRONG FROM YOUR FIRST POINT TO THE END.... Many admission seekers like me voluntarily chose to study EDUCATION not that I couldn't get my choice of study(am glad to be an NCE and a BEd holder).... people like you are the people TRCN should flush out of the profession, You see the mentality of people towards teaching is so worse that teaching job should be made for those strictly interested in teaching as a profession... Fafunwa said too many of our teachers are those who studied diff course in school but venture into teaching all because they can't find job.... IF TRCN CAN FLUSH OUT THOSE THAT DID NOT STUDY EDUCATION COURSE OR THOSE NOT HAPPY TO BE A TEACHER until then will teachers salary be attractive and teaching profession will be respected in our society... but as it is in our society now the Reward of a good and Qualified Teacher is in heaven...
You are correct Sir
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Thorby(m): 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Saintbusco1:
Thanks for clearing up.
I'm glad the system is about to take new shape.
It would be good for the educational sector.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
The backlash is yet to abate because I posted about non educationists dabbling into teaching. I have no regret posting it. You taunted those that majored in education and now you have graduated to dabble into teaching. You are an epitome of the proverbial "Going back to ones vomit". Shame to you.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by richie240: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
babajeje123:

Saintbusco1:

At d bolded, he's a 100% correct!
When you get to your school tomorrow, just carry out this simple survey: ask all your students to write what they'll love to be in future on a sheet of paper and pass it across to u. In a class of 30, hardly will u see up to 3 (that's 10% of the class) who will tell u they'll love to be teachers. If its not medicine, it'll be engineering, mass comm etc.

Same goes to every teacher reading this........then let's continue this 'tete a tete' tmr.
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by richie240: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Mike4S:
The backlash is yet to abate because I posted about non educationists dabbling into teaching. I have no regret posting it. You taunted those that majored in education and now you have graduated to dabble into teaching. You are an epitome of the proverbial "Going back to ones vomit". Shame to you.
Oga, I understand perfectly ur grouse. Perhaps, I would also para were I to be in ur shoes, but we also have to be realistic: if u conduct a written + microteaching interview for two candidates for a teaching position and the 'gatecrasher' scores 90% while the 'trcn teacher' scored 50%, as a proprietor, who will u give d job? Please, in answering this question, dont think as a trcn teacher but put urself in d proprietor's shoes.

I blv d employer had rather employ d former and prop him to quickly go for d necessary teaching certificates, which can mostly be gotten in a year than.......

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Position: Further Mathematics Teacher
Experience: 2 - 3 years of working experience
Job Description: The Further Mathematics teacher will help Pupils develop critical-thinking abilities by gaining and understanding of mathematics concepts.
Requirements: BSc in Education, Mathematics or any related field.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to recruitment@jemineil.com with "Further Mathematics " as the subject.
[

Urgently needed
A female English tutor that has experience in IELTS teaching is needed for immediate employment in an educational consultancy firm in Lagos . Call or whatsapp 08085994525 for more details. Salary very attractive
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PORP(f): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
An English teacher and an history teacher are needed in an Islamic school around maya Ikorodu, Lagos state , candidate must reside around d area ، kindly send ur CV to baitulhikmahschool@gmail.com or 07086761149

Pacific Schools Comprehensive College - Our school has a long tradition of academic excellence and we take great pride in creating a safe and secure learning environment for our students. Our extensive menu of co-curricular activities both academic and recreational is unsurpassed. Our entire staff is committed to establishing a school environment that allows our students to flourish and grow intellectually, emotionally and socially. We operate in two campuses, Pacific Comprehensive College - Lagos and Pacific Academy - Akure.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Experience English Teacher

Requirements
Candidates should possess B.A (Ed), or B.A + PGDE
Teacher must have taught relevant subject for at least 3 years.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2019.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: adewaletoluwanny@gmail.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Or
Submit in person at:
Plot 1-3, Ola Ogundipe Street,
Or 1-8 Bayo Oyegbemi Street,
Shasha, Akowonjo,
Lagos State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
babajeje123:

Not all of them, do not generalise.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
richie240:

Oga, I understand perfectly ur grouse. Perhaps, I would also para were I to be in ur shoes, but we also have to be realistic: if u conduct a written + microteaching interview for two candidates for a teaching position and the 'gatecrasher' scores 90% while the 'trcn teacher' scored 50%, as a proprietor, who will u give d job? Please, in answering this question, dont think as a trcn teacher but put urself in d proprietor's shoes.

I blv d employer had rather employ d former and prop him to quickly go for d necessary teaching certificates, which can mostly be gotten in a year than.......

You have time
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
It is somewhat presumptuous to assume that you know about medicine than your doctor.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by richie240: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
babajeje123:

You have time
Lolz.....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adekaka12345: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Gakinola:
Not all of them, do not generalise.

Most of them
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Thorby:

Damn!!!
Mr orientation. I passed a message there. Use your eye.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Thorby(m): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
favoryte33:
Mr orientation. I passed a message there. Use your eye.
Why not? It's a message of course.
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by GeoSpatial(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
Teaching Vacancies For Immediate Employment at :
RACHAEL INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
For Post of;
1. Mathematics Teacher
2. Chemistry Teacher
3. Yoruba Teacher
Interested applicants can forward their CV and application letter to: onasanrichard@gmail.com or visit the school along Iwo Road/Ojoo Express way, Amuda Ojere Junction, Olorombo Area, Ibadan with their credentials and an application letter stating the role being applying for starting from Monday 7th of October, 2019.
You can also call the Principal on 08038540715 for further details.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Olu3939(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
A fast growing Private School located in Ado Ekiti Ekiti State requires the services of young graduates with a passion for teaching in the following subject areas:
1. English Language
2. PHE
3. Christian Religious Studies
4. Home Economics
5. Geography.
Interested applicants should send their CV to olu3939dayo@yahoo.com. Subject of the nail should be subject applied to teach e.g 'English Teacher'
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yemi15(m): 11:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
GeoSpatial:
Teaching Vacancies For Immediate Employment at :
RACHAEL INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
For Post of;
1. Mathematics Teacher
2. Chemistry Teacher
3. Yoruba Teacher
Interested applicants can forward their CV and application letter to: onasanrichard@gmail.com or visit the school along Iwo Road/Ojoo Express way, Amuda Ojere Junction, Olorombo Area, Ibadan with their credentials and an application letter stating the role being applying for starting from Monday 7th of October, 2019.
You can also call the Principal on 08038540715 for further details.

The email address is not working. Please check it. Told me that the email address was not found when I sent my application to the email address.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Opera240: 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Please, any info about Royal Heritage International school...their salary structure and staff welfare. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
rottable:

Honestly you are right, I am considering porting to other profession cause studying education was a big mistake.
I'm advising you to come to place like Lekki where there are big schools. With lessons and your monthly payments you are good to go here in Lekki.

Secondly, going for masters should be your target also because the moment you become a lecturer your story will change.

As for me I've no regret majoring in education. What about those who are dabbling into education now? We are better than them because they have no hope working in their own field. Some of them are already panicking now that TRCN hammer is dangling.

My brother there is hope especially now that TRCN wants us to reclaim our mandate. The looming exodus of the interlopers in teaching would surely favour us

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by amaechiarnold(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good day Nairalanders.
I'm in search of a secondary school within Ibadan axis that would love the services if a commercial/social science teacher, and can pay up to 25/30k excluding tutorials.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
amaechiarnold:
Good day Nairalanders.
I'm in search of a secondary school within Ibadan axis that would love the services if a commercial/social science teacher, and can pay up to 25/30k excluding tutorials.

What are your qualifications?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kaysalas:
Nursery teacher required
early years (k.g, playgroup)
Amosun str, Ijegun, Lagos.
Applicants around ikotun and Abawonje
Ssce or N.C.E
Pay : 15k - 20k
P.s kindly ignore if you aren't interested

You are very wicked. This your post should earn you life imprisonment with hard labour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.