Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2569674 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Gr8Hamlaw(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
Good evening, Any vacancy for Chemistry/ Basic Science Teacher within Lokoja?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by anu3: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hello educationists in the house! I would appreciate if I could get an answer to this question on masters in education. I got a bachelor's degree in educational management just few years ago, and I wonder if I could cross over to an English related course for my masters in education later.

Meanwhile, I already have a strong degree level of mastery of the English language, as I have been studying and teaching it for many many years (studied for at least nine years). As a result, I always seem to do quite better than English graduates in English language teaching job interviews.

I really don't think it would be ideal to continue on with masters in educational management because it won't necessarily qualify me to work has a school head, an administrator or any such thing. The major requirement sometimes is having an experience of about five years in the role, which is not very easy to come by.

***In passing: should you have any job opening for school administration or teaching (English language/Phonetics, up to WAEC/JAMB level); preferably within southwest, please get back to me.

N.B: Comment down below only if you've got something relevant and helpful to say.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Patiks: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
anu3:
Hello educationists in the house! I would appreciate if I could get an answer to this question on masters in education. I got a bachelor's degree in educational management just few years ago, and I wonder if I could cross over to an English related course for my masters in education later.

Meanwhile, I already have a strong degree level of mastery of the English language, as I have been studying and teaching it for many many years (studied for at least nine years). As a result, I always seem to do quite better than English graduates in English language teaching job interviews.

I really don't think it would be ideal to continue on with masters in educational management because it won't necessarily qualify me to work has a school head, an administrator or any such thing. The major requirement sometimes is having an experience of about five years in the role, which is not very easy to come by.

***In passing: should you have any job opening for school administration or teaching (English language/Phonetics, up to WAEC/JAMB level); preferably within southwest, please get back to me.

N.B: Comment down below only if you've got something relevant and helpful to say.

Thanks for your time.

Hilarious!

"... do quite better than English" majors indeed!

Phonics instructors giving themselves hope since 300BC.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by anu3: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Patiks:

Hilarious!

"... do quite better than English" majors indeed!

Phonics instructors giving themselves hope since 300BC.

Hello Patiks, I think you've taken it a bit far. As much as I wouldn't like to talk very much about it, it's a fact that has been established by several English experts themselves (interviewers and ex-bosses).

Moreover, I didn't mean to brag about that; and it didn't imply that I know more than them all. The thing is it would take another person of more years of experience in studying and teaching the subject to perform better in a sense.

About Phonics; well, I'm not a great fan of what is called the 'Jolly Phonics'. I think it's got lots of artificialities involved. I prefer to focus on correct pronunciation or articulation of the sounds of English and words; and other important things required in major exams. Not just teaching students some phonetically structured phrases to memorise like a poem or song: no, correct pronunciations should come naturally.

Anyway, Phonetics is just a small part of the exam requirements: it's just 15% in the WAEC.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sammoe(m): 8:53am On Dec 21, 2020
anu3:

Hello Patiks, I think you're taken it a bit far. As much as I wouldn't like to talk very much about it, it's a fact that has been established by several English experts themselves (interviewers and ex-bosses).

Moreover, I didn't mean to brag about that; and it didn't imply that I know more than them all. The thing is it would take another person of more years of experience in studying and teaching the subject to push me off.

About Phonics; well, I'm not a great fan of what is called the
'Jolly Phonics'. I think it's got lots of artificialities involved. I prefer to focus on correct pronunciation or articulation of the sounds of English and words; and other important things required in major exams. Not just teaching students some phonetically structured phrases to memorise like a poem or song: no, correct pronunciations should come naturally.

Anyway, Phonetics is just a small part of the exam requirements: it's just 15% in the WAEC.

Thanks for your time.
*You're taking it a bit too far/going too far.

Anyways, I share your sentiments on what is called phonics in these parts.

To address your enquiry, I'd say that you'd most likely have to enroll for a PGD in English.

Was English your teaching subject during your bachelor's?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by anu3: 10:03am On Dec 21, 2020
sammoe:

*You're taking it a bit too far/going too far.

Anyways, I share your sentiments on what is called phonics in these parts.

To address your enquiry, I'd say that you'd most likely have to enroll for a PGD in English.

Was English your teaching subject during your bachelor's?

Thanks Sammoe, very helpful. I may work on the PGD soon, God willing.

"You're taking it a bit too far/going too far.

Yeah, both are correct and could be quite used interchangeably. 'To take too far' is even an idiom (I've just googled it, I wasn't sure about that before). I sometimes make up expressions of my own only to find it in the dictionary or online as an idiom or something. I think English is quite flexible in this sense; one could create useful figurative expressions (not necessarily idiomatic expressions, though).

Yes, I taught it during TP. In fact, someone mistakenly sent my result to English edu. dept. However, I was still quite wet behind the ears back then.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MummyIMadeIt: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
House please any idea of good schools in Port harcourt that pays 70k and above

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by EmperorTolson: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
anu3:

Hello Patiks, I think you're taken it a bit far. As much as I wouldn't like to talk very much about it, it's a fact that has been established by several English experts themselves (interviewers and ex-bosses).

Moreover, I didn't mean to brag about that; and it didn't imply that I know more than them all. The thing is it would take another person of more years of experience in studying and teaching the subject to push me off.

About Phonics; well, I'm not a great fan of what is called the 'Jolly Phonics'. I think it's got lots of artificialities involved. I prefer to focus on correct pronunciation or articulation of the sounds of English and words; and other important things required in major exams. Not just teaching students some phonetically structured phrases to memorise like a poem or song: no, correct pronunciations should come naturally.

Thanks for your time.

In case you don't know
Sammoe corrected you when he wrote (you're taking it a bit far.) Because what you wrote is (taken).

Thanks for your time.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by anu3: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
EmperorTolson:

In case you don't know
Sammoe corrected you when he wrote (you're taking it a bit far.) Because what you wrote is (taken).

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, I see. That's just a bit of an error there; however, I think I had "You've taken NOT you're taken..." in mind then, or perhaps it's just a bit of a malapropism.

Suffice to say though, I don't usually major on 100% correctness of English and proof reading on social media. It's still quite okay to have simple errors here and there sometimes on a platform like this; it's the unconscious or unknown errors we really got to work on.

Thanks for your time too.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Alexisavenue: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Zita55:

Greetings! I just got interview invite from the school. Please, I don't know if you can tell me the salary structure of the school.

Thanks

Hmm. I pray you get pass #30k Sha. E get why.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2020
heybel:
I can't

You can't or you won't?

So if your sister were to waste #40 000 pursuing a job that pays #20 000 monthly, you will be happy abi?

God is watching you sha.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2020
That was how a school was putting 'very attractive salary'. Only to discover it was #35 000.

How is that 'very attractive'?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 6:39am On Dec 23, 2020
Any salary that is not up to #100 000 should never be said to be close to very attractive in this present economic situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by frenchtutor: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Let me know if any reputable school or organization is looking for a qualified french graduate.

Have a great day.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Legendguy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
I need a teaching job in lekki, ajah, epe with accommodation. I specialize in science subjects. I have B.sc and a prospective pgde student.
I can be reached on WhatsApp. 08169283082
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by crownzade(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
Do you reside around Iju Isaga/Balogun/Fagba bus stop environs in Lagos ?

Subject Teachers are needed in a well established School.

Requirements: Applicant must have 2 - 3 years teaching experience with B.Ed or similar qualifications.

SUBJECTS:

- English language

- Mathematics

- Computer science

To apply:

Send your CV to sundaybabs11@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Patiks: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
anu3:

Hello Patiks, I think you've taken it a bit far. As much as I wouldn't like to talk very much about it, it's a fact that has been established by several English experts themselves (interviewers and ex-bosses).

Thanks for your time.

Hhmn!

I don't know what the epistle on Jolly Phonics
and WAEC requirement has to do with your hasty generalisation.

Lemme come and be going. All the best in your job search.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by 2innocent(m): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2020
A British/Nigerian curriculum primary school in jabi needs the services of a teacher who will resume in January. please chat up 08165679741 if interested
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by 2innocent(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2020
A British/Nigerian curriculum primary school in jabi , abuja, needs the services of a teacher who will resume in January. please chat up 08165679741 if interested
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2020
crownzade:
Do you reside around Iju Isaga/Balogun/Fagba bus stop environs in Lagos ?

Subject Teachers are needed in a well established School.

Requirements: Applicant must have 2 - 3 years teaching experience with B.Ed or similar qualifications.

SUBJECTS:

- English language

- Mathematics

- Computer science

To apply:

Send your CV to sundaybabs11@gmail.com
I'm from Ife. Can you help me get teaching job in Lagos by long vacation next year with free accommodation?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 24, 2020
2innocent:
A British/Nigerian curriculum primary school in jabi , abuja, needs the services of a teacher who will resume in January. please chat up 08165679741 if interested
Which one is "British/Nigerian curriculum primary school"? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by zedegit: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2020
DamZik:
Which one is "British/Nigerian curriculum primary school"? I don't understand.

It means they run both.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
deltateam:

Hmm. I pray you get pass #30k Sha. E get why.

Lol grin grin . It's well oh! I didn't attend sha
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by EmperorTolson: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
DamZik:
I'm from Ife. Can you help me get teaching job in Lagos by long vacation next year with free accommodation?

Where in Ife?
I'm in Ife too
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
EmperorTolson:

Where in Ife?
I'm in Ife too
Modakeke
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sniper4real(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Any sch that needs crs teacher ooh undecided
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by pemisire017(m): 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
AdeniyiA:
VACANCY

A Technical Drawing Teaching position will be vacant early next year in a Command School in Ibadan. If you are good at teaching drawing, send your CV to

joeman0781@gmail.com

Okay, have sent my CV..................Am a civil engineering graduate with teaching experience in Technical Drawing, Mathematics and Basic Technology.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by AdeniyiA(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
pemisire017:

Okay, have sent my CV..................Am a civil engineering graduate with teaching experience in Technical Drawing, Mathematics and Basic Technology.
Seen. Will get inn touch at the appropriate time
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by obonujoker(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2020
****VACANCY**** VACANCY*****

Teachers wanted.

1. Good speakers
2. Well behaved
3. NCE/BSc/OND/HND
4. Should live in Ogudu, Ojota
5. Females preferred.

Fit the descriptions? WhatsApp: 08116968696 or mail us at choicelandeduservices@gmail.com.

Note: This is a primary school

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.