Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". (1878 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by HezronLorraine(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pope Francis has reportedly called a young gay
Catholic man in France to reassure him about
his sexuality

The Pope is said to have called the man to reassure
him about his sexuality
Christophe Trutino had written to the Pope to
emotionally explain his inner turmoil in reconciling his
sexuality with his faith, explaining how he was
terrified he was going to hell for being gay.

The 25-year-old sales assistant from Toulouse said
that due to the ongoing row over France's battle over
same-sex marriage, he was struggling to stay a
believer in the Catholic faith.

Trutino said he was left stunned when he then
received a phone call from the head of the Catholic
Church himself. "Your homosexuality. It doesn't
matter", the Pope reportedly told him, according to
the local newspaper La Dépêche du Midi.
"It was he who started the conversation," Trutino said.

He said 'Christopher? It's Pope Francis'. I was
unsettled, of course. I asked, " Really? " He replied:
"Yes."
"I received the letter that you sent me. You need to
remain courageous and continue to believe and pray
and stay good," the Pope told him during the nine-
minute conversation in Spanish.

"Your homosexuality. It doesn't matter. One way or
another, we are all children of God. This is why we
must continue to be good," the Pope told him.
There has been a rise in French homophobia following
a spike in anti-gay marriage protestors. Trutino said
the phone call ended with the Pope asking him to pray
for him and that he would do the same in return.

"When I hung up the phone, I was completely filled
with emotion," the man said. I was shaking. At the
same time, the conversation was very relaxed. It was
like a call from a friend, nice, very human."
The Vatican has not confirmed yet whether the phone
call took place.

While Francis' predecessor Benedict XVI was an
extreme opponent of gay rights - once describing
homosexuality as a "defection of human nature" - the
most recent Pope has expressed his tolerance towards
homosexuality.

During his recent visit to Brazil he said: "If a person is
gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to
judge?"

http://www.naij.com/news/46412.html
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think this pope is taking it too far. He should have just left it at his previous statement but shouldn't not assure people who have gone against the tenets of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Francis d badt guy
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva: I think this pope is taking it too far. He should have just left it at his previous statement but shouldn't not assure people who have gone against the tenets of Christianity.

I think the Pope is on the right track, no matter what our response might be here on earth about a particular situation, we can never tell what is God's opinion about the same situation.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by swtchicgurl: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
shocked shocked

no comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think the pope forgot the bible when he mentioned that.
God is against homosexuality.
This is what God said about it You shall not lie
with a man, as with a woman : its an abomination. " LEVITICUS 18:22 KJV

Just in case anyone asks for new testament proof, here is it.
"26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
Even their women exchanged
natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned
natural relations with women
and were inflamed with lust
for one another. Men
committed shameful acts with
other men, and received in themselves the due penalty
for their error." ROMANS 1:26-27

What the pope is doing is deception.
Lemme keep stop here. But God never endorsed it. If the pope endorsed it, then he did not speak for God.
Thats why i tell folks, read the bible for yourself. Too much falsehood and doctrines being peddled every day. Forget man and read your bible. No man will give account for you before God.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mod, don't hide my post because it is true as Jesus.
This is indeed a perilous time. It is end time!
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by ceosville(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Na true, I'm not Gay, but I Support His Saying!
I won't beg for likes cheesy, but like if you feel the same

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: I think the pope forgot the bible when he mentioned that.
God is against homosexuality.
This is what God said about it You shall not lie
with a man, as with a woman : its an abomination. " LEVITICUS 18:22 KJV

Just in case anyone asks for new testament proof, here is it.
"26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
Even their women exchanged
natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned
natural relations with women
and were inflamed with lust
for one another. Men
committed shameful acts with
other men, and received in themselves the due penalty
for their error." ROMANS 1:26-27

What the pope is doing is deception.
Lemme keep stop here. But God never endorsed it. If the pope endorsed it, then he did not speak for God.
Thats why i tell folks, read the bible for yourself. Too much falsehood and doctrines being peddled every day. Forget man and read your bible. No man will give account for you before God.

Your Bible quote still doesn't justify that the response given by the Pope was wrong, he is not God, so let God be the Judge of this situation, yes homosexuality might be against the christian doctrine, but what is the Pope supposed to do, condemn the man ..? no he wont, because he knows he doesn't have that power despite his position in the Catholic Church, i believe same Bible also said that we should Judge not...I believe you also know that once a Prostitute in the bible used her tears in washing the feet of Jesus Christ, and his disciples were about to condemn her, but then Jesus prevailed and gave them a sound reason why they should not Judge her but rather learn from her good deeds, the man in this case sent a letter to the pope because he knows in his heart that he is a Sinner, and the pope's response was the perfect one, just as Jesus himself would have answered him.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
^
Am not suprised by your response. I would be suprised instead if some one did not try to defend what he said.
Its a different thing to condemn the sinner and to condemn the sin. What the pope did was to give false hope to the young man. No one is judging anyone here, i am just stating what is in the bible. It is appalling that you will give a defence out of sentiments rather from the scripture.
The pope encouraged sin, finito! You can not change it. I have no personal issue with the pope but on this, truth be told, the pope was wrong. To say something is okay when God says its not okay and you choose sides even when you have the Word? Am sorry, i do not follow men that way.
Also you pointed out to sinners, did you read the bible? Jesus did not encourage sinners. All the sinners Jesus addressed were not just there to ask if they were sinners, they came to seek forgiveness. Thats not what the man do. The man asked the pope so he could find excuse to continue his sin.
And dont use Jesus to defend the pope on this issue. At the end, the pope told the man, "your homosexuality doesnt matter". On the other hand Jesus knowing sin matters made it clear to sinner in this verse:
"She said, No man, Lord. And
Jesus said unto her, Neither do
I condemn thee: go, and sin no
more.
" John 8:11.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
This Pope is exactly who he's called to be...Christ-like.

What would Jesus do? cool

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why do we call a sin a sin..? Isn't it because it is a wrong act that has already been committed, do you think there is any man on earth that is living without sin..? the Letter sent to the pope was about a man who felt Remorse for his wrong doings and wanted to know his faith of being condemned or not..? just like the two men who were crucified with Jesus, they already committed the sin's that landed them such Punishment, but the other man felt remorse and was willing to accept his punishment of death but was still having hope of being in Heaven with Jesus...and Jesus answered him that because of this, you shall be in paradise with me,...now evaluate the two situation and tell me what is the difference..God is wise and do not think like we do, the Bible were written by men and those words were words written by inspiration and what has transpired during the writers experience living on earth....if there should be another Inspiration to write the Bible in this our generation, you definitely will see a whole lot of changes, but then God knows it all and cannot let his words to be compromised by men...because the sin's of this generation are greater than the days before the bible was written.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Dzany(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
it's un-natural...............

It's against the Will of God!

The pope err !

Pathetic!!
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Friend, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I think i'd just rest my peace.
Truth remains the pope's statement that, "your
Homosexuality Doesn't
Matter" is giving a license to sin. If not to the man alone, then to others that have much respect for the pope.
But all the same, eternity shall tell. All things shall be laid bare before the throne. God shall judge everything and it shall be STRICTLY on His word as contained in the Scriptures.
If you say his statement was right, fine, its your view.
Shallom!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dzany: it's un-natural...............

It's against the Will of God!

The pope err !

Pathetic!!
Thats right! But the "faithfuls" will defend man at the expense of the Word.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
ceosville: Na true, I'm not Gay, but I Support His Saying!
I won't beg for likes cheesy, but like if you feel the same

You are a big gay sad

@Op, so you have left the politics and romance section with your gay talk abi. Now you want to enter the religion section to cause more chaos.

John 10:10 says 'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.' which is what you are trying so hard to do but you will FAIL.

Why do you want to force people to accept the abominable actions of the gays

If you want to be a christain so badly why dont you stop your gay actions and accept Jesus christ as your Lord and saviour?

Mind you even the Pope cant change the word of God Almighty.

The Pope is still a man like you and I so he isnt above mistakes and manipulations from evil people.

Until you show us several verses in the Bible where God said he support the gay/lesbian act, you will not only be a joker but you will end up having sleepless night trying so hard to hide your shameful actions in the christaindom all becos of you hardened your heart from repenting from thy neferious ways.

May God help you to change.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by hunter21(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
There is a lot of hypocrisy surrounding homophobic folks. They would be the ones to shout fa.ggot, but they would still greet you by using thier knee raise your dlck up or pinching your ni.pples.(yes, it happens). In fact i once had a roommate that used to condemn everything gay, but yet we found up to 20 pictures of erect dlcks on his phone. Even his laptop recycle bin has gay por.no.
Btw, i'm not gay.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by EvilBrain1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Making flowery speeches and calling people as a publicity stunt one thing. Making real change is another. The pope has done nothing other than talk.

If he was to make real, official doctrinal changes to allow gays to be full members rather than lying about themselves or being shunned. While he's at it he could try abandoning the church's ridiculous anticontraception doctrine, their discrimination against women and their continuing cover-up of the worldwide child sëxual abuse scandal.

If he was to do even one of those, maybe I'd take him seriously.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Evil Brain: Making flowery speeches and calling people as a publicity stunt one thing. Making real change is another. The pope has done nothing other than talk.

If he was to make real, official doctrinal changes to allow gays to be full members rather than lying about themselves or being shunned. While he's at it he could try abandoning the church's ridiculous anticontraception doctrine, their discrimination against women and their continuing cover-up of the worldwide child sëxual abuse scandal.

Little by little...It's only a matter of time.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Evil Brain: Making flowery speeches and calling people as a publicity stunt one thing. Making real change is another. The pope has done nothing other than talk.

And now you would think you have said something meaningful, why don't you urge the whole christian community worldwide to re-write the Bible instead since you think Doctrines are like constitutions that can be altered at any time by Men.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
^
Are you in any way suggesting that all of the Catholic doctrines are in the bible?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
eddiebruk:

And now you would think you have said something meaningful, why don't you urge the whole christian community worldwide to re-write the Bible instead since you think Doctrines are like constitutions that can be altered at any time by Men.

That has been done already...starting with King James from the translation of the Hebrew texts. If you think they match each other word for word, better have a rethink...also are the numerous translations of the same Bible by men. Everyone with their own understanding.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by EvilBrain1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
eddiebruk:

eddiebruk:

Like the catholic church hasn't changed the bible before.

You know.nothing about your own religion.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Evil Brain:

Like the catholic church hasn't changed the bible before.

You know.nothing about your own religion.

Change the Bible..? Nigga Plz
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by magkhan(f): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: ^
Are you in any way suggesting that all of the Catholic doctrines are in the bible?

let's tackle this as Christians...drop Catholic doctrines
you are a thief when you steal
you are straight when attracted to the opposite sex(not when you lay with the person)
you are homosexual when (due to no fault of yours)you are not attracted to the opposite sex...
if you are straight (which is a behavioral pattern) and fornicate...its a sin...but if you don't,you are free of sin
if you are gay(behavioral pattern) and lay with your fellow man,its a sin...if you don't in obedience to God,you are free of sin
hope you can relate this to what the pope said..... your sexual orientations doesn't matter(its natural and you can't choose it).but your thoughts and actions is what counts for salvation.if you seek to be good and obey God,you won't be fornicating or practicing anything against Him....believe in God gays because believe me He loves you so much so that every hair on your head is numbered.He doesn't discriminate but frowns and punish all evil practice

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
^
Thats a filmsy defence. It lacks substance.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by engrtee(f): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
The pope only encouraged the troubled priest to continue being good.. Was he supposed to condemn and threaten him with hell fire?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hmmm, another one
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by EvilBrain1(m): 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
eddiebruk:

Change the Bible..? Nigga Plz

The bible bible as we know it today contains thousands of changes fro the oldest know copies. Most of these changes were accidental copying errors. Many others were deliberate.

And I'm not just talking about small changes either. For instance, the story about Jesus saving an adultress from being stoned to death was added to the new testament centuries after the gospels were written. In older manuscripts, it even appears in different places as if the copiers couldn't decide where to put the new story.

You Christians need to learn more about your own religion. Most of you guys are far too ignorant. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history[/url]
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
That's my pope.
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 07, 2013
Evil Brain:

The bible bible as we know it today contains thousands of changes fro the oldest know copies. [size=24pt]Most of these changes were accidental copying errors.[/size] Many others were deliberate.

And I'm not just talking about small changes either. For instance, the story about Jesus saving an adultress from being stoned to death was added to the new testament centuries after the gospels were written. In older manuscripts, it even appears in different places as if the copiers couldn't decide where to put the new story.

You Christians need to learn more about your own religion. Most of you guys are far too ignorant. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history[/url]

Were was it written that the Catholic Church made that Change MOFO..? And what do you understand by error and change..?
Re: Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". by Syncan(m): 8:15am On Sep 07, 2013
magkhan:

let's tackle this as Christians...drop Catholic doctrines
you are a thief when you steal
you are straight when attracted to the opposite sex(not when you lay with the person)
you are homosexual when (due to no fault of yours)you are not attracted to the opposite sex...
if you are straight (which is a behavioral pattern) and fornicate...its a sin...but if you don't,you are free of sin
if you are gay(behavioral pattern) and lay with your fellow man,its a sin...if you don't in obedience to God,you are free of sin
hope you can relate this to what the pope said..... your sexual orientations doesn't matter(its natural and you can't choose it).but your thoughts and actions is what counts for salvation.if you seek to be good and obey God,you won't be fornicating or practicing anything against Him....believe in God gays because believe me He loves you so much so that every hair on your head is numbered.He doesn't discriminate but frowns and punish all evil practice

I agree with this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Acknowledges Christ Embassy Yookos / Let There Be Light / A Funny Story Behind Pictures Of Animals Shared By A Nairalander [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.