Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

9 Different Ways The World Could End - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Different Ways The World Could End (2962 Views)

Navratri 2016 ,the 9 Different Avatars Of Goddess Durga ,the Colours Of Navratri / America Now Preparing For Apocalyptic Blast That Could End Human Civilisation / World Could End Before March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by johnstar(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2013
NOTED!

1 Like

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Hmnn...

At the end of the day, Religion is not the factor, rather, WMD(weapon of mass destruction) is the real factor.

no, u don't arrest the gun for killing, you arrest the person that uses the gun, so it All goes back to fanatics

1 Like

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2013
9jadelta: no, u don't arrest the gun for killing, you arrest the person that uses the gun, so it All goes back to fanatics

You missed the point.

Nuclear weapons were invented and used in the 2nd world war, not because of religion(can't believe that I'm actually defending religion) but because of man's hunger for supremacy.

And if it's to be used again, it would be for the same reason. Human nature is constant.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You missed the point.

Nuclear weapons were invented in the 2nd world war, not because of religion(can't believe thatt I'm actually defending religion) but because of man's hunger for supremacy.

And if it's to be used again, it would be for the same reason. Human nature is constant.
yep, the second world war, there were many things that were not in place then, but in place today. even the nuclear weapons were not that advanced. I just don't see any nation going to war for supremacy anymore, when such nation knows it has many things to lose than gain in a battle that may never end. the worst that could happen is to cause internal conflict in the nation of interest to steal whatever u want, like USA, France etc are doing and it has very low probability of leading to world war. just like there is low probability of sun exploding to destroy the earth. ( N:B I didn't say it's impossible but the probability is very low)

religion on the other hand, is the number 1 danger I see right now. ( religion is the only thing that can turn a genius to zombie), it intoxicates.
as long as there is bible and Koran, the world will never be at Peace. people are afraid that if nuclear weapon falls in to wrong hand, they might use it to harm people, who are the wrong hands? 99% of them are god zombies and no matter what, these fanatics won't rest until they do the will of Allah or which ever god that sent them

2 Likes

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Religion is a threat, true, but you talk with disregard to HUMAN NATURE.

As a specie, man is both predatory and curious. He will keep trying new things until he finds one that suits him best, then when the sense of romance wore off the process will start all over again.

If there is no religion, believe me, man will find something else to motivate his hatred for fellow man. Man is not engineered to live in harmony, it's simply not encoded in his DNA. Man doesn't adapt to his ecosystem like other species, rather he modifies his ecosystem to accommodate him.

Understand the human nature, and you will think differently, mate.

Religious fanatism is a real threat that shouldn't be ignored, true, but it's only a surface, a mask, an excuse used by man to propagate hate for fellow man. Remove that mask, and you will get to see the real man at his most sinister.

You think lion as deadly, you think shark as a killing machine, you think tiger as a freak of nature, but none of these predators hold a candle to nature's deadliest anomaly »» MAN.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by IbrahimMav: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ray McBlue: [size=16pt]ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE[/size]

Just as solar flares or coronal mass ejections could wipe out power grids, so could a sudden burst of electromagnetic radiation. The science is the same, but security experts say the cause is more likely to come from a more sinister source, such as the detonation of a nuclear
weapon.

An EMP blast — whether from a weapon or solar activity — could destroy our entire electronic, transportation and communications infrastructure in less than a second. If such a blast occurred over the United States, 90 percent of all Americans could be dead within a year, according to the Congressional EMP Commission.

The proximity of an EMP attack to the planet’s surface would affect the severity of its effects. This map illustrates how the United States would be affected by an EMP attack based on burst altitude.

I don't really see how the severity of mass emp attack could cause the world to end. People will simply rebuild, using mechanical electrict inducing machines like generators, or am i missing something?
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by IbrahimMav: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Double post.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

I don't really see how the severity of mass emp attack could cause the world to end. People will simply rebuild, using mechanical electrict inducing machines like generators, or am i missing something?

You are definitely missing something.

Allow me to draw you a clear picture of what Electromagnetic Pulse is all about, and how absolutely devastating it can be.

Mirriam-Webster described EMP as : high-intensity electromagnetic radiation generated by a nuclear blast high above the
earth's surface and held to disrupt electronic and electrical systems

The destruction on electrical system is absolute. Anything that had an electrical wire in it would be fried. Even the most archaic of power generators would stop working.

To invent new panels and integrated circuit, you need electricity and how can you invent those, if there is no electricity?

EMP is no joke, mate.

1 Like

Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by IbrahimMav: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You are definitely missing something.

Allow me to draw you a clear picture of what Electromagnetic Pulse is all about, and how absolutely devastating it can be.

Mirriam-Webster described EMP as : high-intensity electromagnetic radiation generated by a nuclear blast high above the
earth's surface and held to disrupt electronic and electrical systems

The destruction on electrical system is absolute. Anything that had an electrical wire in it would be fried. Even the most archaic of power generators would stop working.

To invent new panels and integrated circuit, you need electricity and how can you invent those, if there is no electricity?

EMP is no joke, mate.

I get it now.

I think there is something like that in the current airing tv series Revolution.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
@ray mcblue

we are pretty much saying the Same thing. the motivation is what brings out the the goodness and the beast in humans, the motivation could be money, survival etc
religion is the greatest motivation right now for people to do heinous things, that's why it is greatest threat to human existence.
no god will end the world, the humans will.
what will motivate humans to end the world? simple RELIGION.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

I get it now.

I think there is something like that in the current airing tv series Revolution.

Revolution 2012 started out as a typical EMP attack post-apocalypse themed tv series, but somewhere in the middle, the producers started adding some embellishments intended to boost ratings.

Its not really a typical example of how life on EMP-induced-apocalyptic-earth will be like.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
9jadelta: @ray mcblue

we are pretty much saying the Same thing.

Not really.

I dig deep, while you scratch the surface.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by IbrahimMav: 6:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Revolution 2012 started out as a typical EMP attack post-apocalypse themed tv series, but somewhere in the middle, the producers started adding some embellishments intended to boost ratings.

Its not really a typical example of how life on EMP-induced-apocalyptic-earth will be like.

I disagree. Every electronics and electrical source became non existent and people struggle to adapt. It set them back to the dark ages again. The series was a good example in my opinion.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 6:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Ibrahim Mav:

I disagree. Every electronics and electrical source became non existent and people struggle to adapt. It set them back to the dark ages again. The series was a good example in my opinion.

Whatever...

It's not an issue.angry
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 7:25am On Sep 18, 2013
Double Post.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Revisiting.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by brainiac5(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Watching too much movies makes people believe in these things, Jesus will have to come first
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
brainiac5:
Watching too much movies makes people believe in these things, Jesus will have to come first

When??
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wonderfully scary......
But right now the greatest threat to the world are those North Korean Bastards.
Re: 9 Different Ways The World Could End by RayMcBlue(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
Revisiting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adultery Allegation Is A Distortion Of Facts: Oyakhilome's Lawyer Kemi Pinheiro / 9 Questions About The Illuminati You Were Too Afraid To Ask. / Solomon: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man Or A Foolish Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.