Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 (18085 Views)

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD / Photos Of Elite Nigerian Commandoes On Field Operations In Borno / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Plans are underway by consortium of foreign investors in collaboration with Nigerian business persons to start low cost carrier in Nigeria by July, 2014. Making this revelation yesterday in Lagos, was the pioneer Managing Director, Arik Air, Mr. Alex Van Elk during an interaction with aviation journalists.

Van Elk said that he was already mobilising French investors for that purpose and assured that on commencement, the low cost carrier would be profitable. Van Elk noted that the new carrier would be a success in the country as it would be devoid of the mistakes associated with most Nigerian airlines, which usually lead to their early exit.

The Dutch born aviation professional however declined to disclose the name of the impending carrier, but insisted that the new carrier would become operational in the next 10 months in the country.

He explained that the management of the new airline had already made contacts with the Nigerian authorities, adding that the team had received encouraging responses from the Nigerian Government so far.

He said, “We have made contacts with Nigerian authorities and they are quite pleased with our plans and assured us of government support”. He itemised mistakes of past low cost carriers in the country to include poor revenue accounting, acquisition of aging aircraft, lack of good reservation systems and heavy cost of overheads as well as ambitious route networks without enough researches.

Van Elk emphasised that the emerging low cost carrier would not venture into unprofitable routes and would be run professionally with the right calibre of personnel. He also disclosed that the airline was already making wide consultations with mega carriers in Europe, Asia and Africa for interlining arrangements, stressing that the responses had been very encouraging.

He further added that the promoters, which were comprised of both Nigerian and French investors, had already made contacts with Airbus aircraft manufacturer, a French company for lease of brand new A319 jets for the take off of the new airline.

He assured that the fare would be very affordable, but noted that there would be no in-flight refreshment. He said, “We will only serve water on board for an hour flight, but for those who will want to have something extra they will have to buy.”
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/low-cost-carrier-to-commence-operations-in-nigeria-by-july-2014/

4 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Ok!
i'm officially back!
Firstus de commentus!

This is a good move. I pray it pans tru!

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by awodman: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Surely the reforms in the aviation sector is picking speed and blasting ahead...can't wait for the day when aviation will stop been looked @ as the exclusive for the rich

3 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Horus(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj5agHaX7Vw

Low cost airlines mark new chapter in African aviation

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2013
awodman: Surely the reforms in the aviation sector is picking speed and blasting ahead...can't wait for the day when aviation will stop been looked @ as the exclusive for the rich

Exactly. Currently, only less than 10% of Nigeria's population fly domestically; but if that figure rises to between 25-30%, then our airlines would become profitable and employ more people, due to the boom in their businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by homesteady(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2013
Everyday we keep on hearing goodnews about the aviation sector!

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by LMAyedun(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2013
The minister of Aviation is really performing.. Encouraging News coming out from that sector everyday.
Good one.

17 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Freeanijoo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ok na, lets go there!
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by luvablesam(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Makes me remember Mango Airlines back then in S.A.hope it works here in my naija buh they shld start with domestic routes first. Nice idea anyway
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Tolexander: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
Nice move!

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by manny4life(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abeg, how I go take start my own grin grin
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by fr3do(m): 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
Like how much will someone pay for a flight from benin to lagos?
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by pesty100(m): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
chico planez tinz
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by scientology(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
i prefer to use road
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by YoshiMaster: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life: Abeg, how I go take start my own grin grin

You can start by contacting those teens that made the aircraft in the pic below.

They can design a couple more for you so you can have a full fleet.

Convincing Nigerians to board might be a problem though, but with the right strategy, I believe you can succeed grin.

5 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
I hope they put passenger safety first. Primark products can be returned o, but human life can't be replaced. Ask Dana air

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Bryancrox(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Tank God 4 dis,at least as frm nxt year i will be traveling on flight 2 Abuja 2 chop d national Cake...
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by fuckluv(f): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
fr3do: Like how much will someone pay for a flight from benin to lagos?
The conductor go tell u before u enta na wink

5 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by DisGuy: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
Van Elk emphasised that the emerging low cost carrier would not venture into unprofitable routes and would be run professionally with the right calibre of personnel. He also disclosed that the airline was already making wide consultations with mega carriers in Europe, Asia and Africa for interlining arrangements, stressing that the responses had been very encouraging.

interesting development, what about the almighty aviation fuel and how many profitable routes are there in Nigeria- they will make a killing if they plan international route- Lagos-London for £199 pounds is definitely possible, South Africa-Lagos £99, Lagos to Dubai £109... cheesy cheesy cheesy

]and why are they using brand new A319 jets for the take off of the new airline.?

Easyjet, Ryanair rarely use brand new planes---
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by GoldPencil: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
are you actually complaining about the use of a brand new fleet? *sigh* nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Dollarjunkie: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Good.
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Flyingngel(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
Let them not bring in overaged planes in the name of low airfares.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
Very good development. I think fares on the Abuja-Lagos route (for instance) should not exceed N10k. That would be more affordable to a lot of people.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Absugardaddy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
short cut 2 kill everybody n lute more b4 i enter such flight na master p n al his cabinet go test am.
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

You can start by contacting those teens that made the aircraft in the pic below.

They can design a couple more for you so you can have a full fleet.

Convincing Nigerians to board might be a problem though, but with the right strategy, I believe you can succeed grin.

Bros... abegi no kill me me laughter, u don crase finish..

Shey it's only you that will fly in that airplane abi...

Mr. Yoshi, welcome on board Manny's special airline jet... made for you. Per your schedule, final destination is Atlantic Ocean. Sir, to your left is a jacked up window and to your right, well the doors ain't working. If you look outside both windows, one side of the wings is longer than the other which means, we may not be able to generate lift just in time. When you feel a bounce prior to take off, it just means the tires aren't that pressurized enough. SIR, worry not... we GOT YOU COVERED. We shall be in the air in to no time, I'd like for you to relax, and enjoy you last maiden flight... Thank you for choosing to fly Manny's Air, call sign final destination... Fly again with us. grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by YoshiMaster: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life:

Mr. Yoshi, welcome on board Manny's special airline jet... made for you. Per your schedule, final destination is Atlantic Ocean. Sir, to your left is a jacked up window and to your right, well the doors ain't working. If you look outside both windows, one side of the wings is longer than the other which means, we may not be able to generate lift just in time. When you feel a bounce prior to take off, it just means the tires aren't that pressurized enough. SIR, worry not... we GOT YOU COVERED. We shall be in the air in to no time, I'd like for you to relax, and enjoy you last maiden flight... Thank you for choosing to fly Manny's Air, call sign final destination... Fly again with us. grin grin grin

LMAO! grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life:

LMFAO!!! Fly again with us kwanu? There will be no second time after flying the first time, na straight death tinz grin grin grin
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by taharqa: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life:

Hehehehehe........ 'Fly again with us'? Afta the present FINAL package? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
nice development from stella odua
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life:

I no go fly with una again? grin grin
Re: Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 by dimdim001(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Aahhh! Na low cost materials dem go use build d plane b dat na #CrashingThings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Reports Monthly Profit Of N274m For The First Time In 15 Years - ThisDay / Violence Erupts In APC Ogun State Assembly Election (pix) / Fayose: Umahi Left PDP Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.