Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses (5786 Views)

How To Divulge Your Weaknesses Or Dark Side/Past To Your Partner. / How To Cheat On Your Husband Without Being Caught / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by greatgod2012(f): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2013
I don't know if anyone really got the pastor's message, from my own understanding, the pastor was indirectly passing a message to his wife, because, he knew that "akara ma to tu s'epo" that is why he's preparing his wife's mind before the time arrives.

On a serious note, the type of pastors we have nowadays call for carefulness and vigilance.
If I were the op, that day will be the last time I would step into that church.
May God help us all.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ujujoan:

The woman must be really fooolish. Attacking the woman instead of her philandering husband.

That acid should have been used on the man instead of his GF. . . . Women sha!

You'll pour acid on someone because he had some harmless fun by the side? Na wa o.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Mrsmansson(f): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Richfella:

You'll pour acid on someone because he had some harmless fun by the side? Na wa o.
Hmmn harmless fun?how do some men produce love child these days or contract STI's and later deposit it to wifey at home.you know this was exactly what the man seated close to me told me after church.he said madam those girls dont mean anything to our lives they are just cheap girls always ready for s-x because of peanuts.those are harmless fun nah.
Now in the aspect of the pastor,he is not the only one pastoring the church and i dont think its the fault of the church or G.O.some pastors misyarn when preaching,that have noticed
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mrs mansson:
Hmmn harmless fun?how do some men produce love child these days or contract STI's and later deposit it to wifey at home.you know this was exactly what the man seated close to me told me after church.he said madam those girls dont mean anything to our lives they are just cheap girls always ready for s-x because of peanuts.those are harmless fun nah.
Now in the aspect of the pastor,he is not the only one pastoring the church and i dont think its the fault of the church or G.O.some pastors misyarn when preaching,that have noticed

While we know cheating is wrong and should be greatly discouraged, it does not warrant pouring acid on anybody. There is no justification for pouting acid o!
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Richfella:

I'm guessing you wife is allowed to also have harmless fun. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

I'm guessing you wife is allowed to also have harmless fun. undecided undecided undecided

If she desires to.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
stillwater:

Lol, first are you a Christian? If you are where is it in your bible that cheating is only a man's natural disposition? Our natural disposition is to sin, before Jesus saved us. There is no sin that is specific to men only. Cheating cuts across genders. It's not about any biology running any course in Christiandom. If you are not a Christian, forget I asked you that. I only engage Christians when it comes to biblical matters. cool

The bible is not an authority on biology.

@ Our natural disposition is to sin, before Jesus saved us.

Anything that comes NATURALLY to you cannot possibly be a sin. Did God not put it there?

'Cheating' as you choose to call it has a specific evolutionary purpose. God also put it there.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Richfella:

The bible is not an authority on biology.

@ Our natural disposition is to sin, before Jesus saved us.

Anything that comes NATURALLY to you cannot possibly be a sin. Did God not put it there?

'Cheating' as you choose to call it has a specific evolutionary purpose. God also put it there.

Rotflmao. Are you a Christian? Please answer. You have misquoted me by saying anything that comes naturally to man cannot be sin. That is exactly NOT what I meant. I am talking about SIN here. We are born into it. It is innate in us to sin. The bible never attributed any sin that is peculiar to any gender! Everyone is called to live righteously.
Everyone, male or female is capable of cheating or having multiple partners. I find it absurd how the male gender have courted the issue of cheating or preferably adultery as a solitary sin they only can or should commit. If you are alluding anything to God it's best you reference scriptures. That is why I asked if you a Christian.

The New Testament which is the new covenant dictates one man to one wife only. God could care less about your biology.

As a Christian you are called to live a certain lifestyle. I sin everyday and I might not live right as much as I would love to, that does not mean I will justify my actions by using biology, 'evolutionary purpose' to live a sinful life.

I really hope you are a Christian, because I would really hate to be typing all these to someone who's not part of the faith.

1 Like

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2013
stillwater:

Rotflmao. Are you a Christian? Please answer. You have misquoted me by saying anything that comes naturally to man cannot be sin. That is exactly NOT what I meant. I am talking about SIN here. We are born into it. It is innate in us to sin. The bible never attributed any sin that is peculiar to any gender! Everyone is called to live righteously.

Lol, I didn't misquote you. I made a statement.

stillwater:
Everyone, male or female is capable of cheating or having multiple partners. I find it absurd how the male gender have courted the issue of cheating or preferably adultery as a solitary sin they only can or should commit.

Correct. Women have needs that must be met too.

stillwater:
If you are alluding anything to God it's best you reference scriptures. That is why I asked if you a Christian.

Ok lil sis. Scripture means sacred writings. Which religion do you want us to use theirs grin.

stillwater:
The New Testament which is the new covenant dictates one man to one wife only. God could care less about your biology.

As a Christian you are called to live a certain lifestyle. I sin everyday and I might not live right as much as I would love to, that does not mean I will justify my actions by using biology, 'evolutionary purpose' to live a sinful life.

I really hope you are a Christian, because I would really hate to be typing all these to someone who's not part of the faith.

Ok. So The Unchangeable God of old who endorsed polygamy in the past changed?

Finally, if God created you, then nothing you do can ever be a sin in his eyes smiley.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by bukatyne(f): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2013
blessed indeed:

In as much as i dont support cheating at all no matter the excuse cos to me is a sign of lack of respect to ur wife, selfish, immature, inconsiderate to the health of the entire family, breach of trust and being irresponsible.

however, the cheated wife should not forget that u dont fight fire with fire. Yes, you will definitely loose your cool when u find out at the initial time but never throw away the bath with the baby cos theres poo in the water. He has betray ur trust, set aside sentiment and look into his eyes and tell him how bitter u feel about it, dont grovel on the ground with tears but rather stand tall and let him know his wrong.

Still, find it necessary to take it up in PRAYER cos without God you can achieve nothing. pray ur husband out of cheating unless u dont want your home anymore. Remember a wise woman gathers her home but the foolish tears it apart with her own hand. Apologise to ur hubby if he feels bad abt how u speak to him while within u, u know the message has been passed already, be patient with him while u keep praying him out of that cheating life hopefully u will bring him back to ur life am sure of that.

Be wise.

You are blessed indeed!

I hope you also have this soothing advice when the wife cheats?

1 Like

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by hunterfit: 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
I am a bit surprised by the comments on here. I noticed the OP attempted to explain the context in which the sermon was preached and I think it is reasonable enough. He advised the lady in question to be patient and prayerful but the lady took matters into her hand and ended up in jail, is a cheating man worth all that trouble? If you do not accept cheating as a weakness on the part of a man, if you do not pray for your cheating husband as advised, so how do you intend to deal with a cheating husband without destroying your home? Divorce him? Fight him? Go and pour acid on the alleged girlfriend? The funny thing is , this is how some women put up with stuffs in their own home in order to keep it and advise others otherwise. Cheating is wrong, but when you are married to a cheating husband, you are going to need more than fighting and staying in shape to keep the man and your home. It is better to treat the man like the sick person that he is and take him to God in prayers while you calmly and wisely protect yourself from the stings of his malady and look for a remedy. Fighting and confrontations can't do it, trust me, when a man who is fully aware of consequences of his action goes ahead to do it to his detriment, that is more than selfishness, it has got to be some kinda demonic possession, cheating destroys the man too, he loves his children and he does want to make his marriage work.

2 Likes

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by biolabee(m): 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
^^^ interesting insight
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lol, a grown man supposed head of a househelp makes a decision to break his vows somehow demons are to be blamed and its up to his wife to "fix it" by praying, fasting and kneeling down.

Now its been preached as a church sermon dear Lord, hurry and come oh

1 Like

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by baldman: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
hunterfit: I am a bit surprised by the comments on here. I noticed the OP attempted to explain the context in which the sermon was preached and I think it is reasonable enough. He advised the lady in question to be patient and prayerful but the lady took matters into her hand and ended up in jail, is a cheating man worth all that trouble? If you do not accept cheating as a weakness on the part of a man, if you do not pray for your cheating husband as advised, so how do you intend to deal with a cheating husband without destroying your home? Divorce him? Fight him? Go and pour acid on the alleged girlfriend? The funny thing is , this is how some women put up with stuffs in their own home in order to keep it and advise others otherwise. Cheating is wrong, but when you are married to a cheating husband, you are going to need more than fighting and staying in shape to keep the man and your home. It is better to treat the man like the sick person that he is and take him to God in prayers while you calmly and wisely protect yourself from the stings of his malady and look for a remedy. Fighting and confrontations can't do it, trust me, when a man who is fully aware of consequences of his action goes ahead to do it to his detriment, that is more than selfishness, it has got to be some kinda demonic possession, cheating destroys the man too, he loves his children and he does want to make his marriage work.
debrief08: Lol, a grown man supposed head of a househelp makes a decision to break his vows somehow demons are to be blamed and its up to his wife to "fix it" by praying, fasting and kneeling down.

Now its been preached as a church sermon dear Lord, hurry and come oh
Madam Debrief08, so what should the wife of a cheating husband do? What kind of sermon should Pastors preach to the wife of a cheating husband? Pastors have a lot of such issues to deal with everyday so your advice based on the word of God will be much appreciated.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
baldman:
Madam Debrief08, so what should the wife of a cheating husband do? What kind of sermon should Pastors preach to the wife of a cheating husband? Pastors have a lot of such issues to deal with everyday so your advice based on the word of God will be much appreciated.

Exodus 20. 14 “You shall not commit adultery.
Leviticus 20. 10:
Matt 5:7 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Divorce

31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.,
when a man or woman commits adultery its a sin, in the Leviticus self it was even prescribed that an adulterous man be put to death, Jesus was more lenient and said divorce. That is the bibilical stand on adultery, God doesn't pet it or tolerate it.
Now what a wife decides to do with an adulterous husband is her choice, but a Pastor standing on the Altar and preaching things outside the Bible is unacceptable.

I can't tell a couple how to handle their marriage, but I won't accept a situation where the wife or husband will have to accept responsibilty for the willful act of the other and be the one looking for solutions.
A spouse who cheats on you doesn't respect you or God, how you handle it is your choice, but the Bible is crystal clear on it, don't use the bible wrongly to justify wrong doing.

3 Likes

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by blessedindeed: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
So glad to see you really understood what my points and advise were. there is nothing any living creature can do to deter a serial cheat to stop. only GOD can change him. remember saul the tormentor whom no one believed anything good to come out from God arrested him and changed him to Paul he never go back to his old ways.

Am surprise many women dont know you can change situation in your home with ur two knees and the words of ur mouth. praying for a change does not mean you are weak but ask youself if you kill your husband or divorce him or worst still decide to sleep with different men have you achieved the best result to set as a legacy for your children or younger ones to emulate? are you sure you are satisfied?

Marriage is meant for two different individuals who are strong in different areas and weak in different areas. one should be able to help each other in their weakness so he/she will become strong.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by blessedindeed: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
So glad to see you really understood what my points and advise were. there is nothing any living creature can do to deter a serial cheat to stop. only GOD can change him. remember saul the tormentor whom no one believed anything good to come out from God arrested him and changed him to Paul he never go back to his old ways.

Am surprise many women dont know you can change situation in your home with ur two knees and the words of ur mouth. praying for a change does not mean you are weak but ask youself if you kill your husband or divorce him or worst still decide to sleep with different men have you achieved the best result to set as a legacy for your children or younger ones to emulate? are you sure you are satisfied?

Marriage is meant for two different individuals who are strong in different areas and weak in different areas. one should be able to help each other in their weakness so he/she will become strong.
hunterfit: I am a bit surprised by the comments on here. I noticed the OP attempted to explain the context in which the sermon was preached and I think it is reasonable enough. He advised the lady in question to be patient and prayerful but the lady took matters into her hand and ended up in jail, is a cheating man worth all that trouble? If you do not accept cheating as a weakness on the part of a man, if you do not pray for your cheating husband as advised, so how do you intend to deal with a cheating husband without destroying your home? Divorce him? Fight him? Go and pour acid on the alleged girlfriend? The funny thing is , this is how some women put up with stuffs in their own home in order to keep it and advise others otherwise. Cheating is wrong, but when you are married to a cheating husband, you are going to need more than fighting and staying in shape to keep the man and your home. It is better to treat the man like the sick person that he is and take him to God in prayers while you calmly and wisely protect yourself from the stings of his malady and look for a remedy. Fighting and confrontations can't do it, trust me, when a man who is fully aware of consequences of his action goes ahead to do it to his detriment, that is more than selfishness, it has got to be some kinda demonic possession, cheating destroys the man too, he loves his children and he does want to make his marriage work.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by bukatyne(f): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2013

hmmm...

You know, I would not have heard a problem with these views if they went both ways.

That majority of husbands would send a cheating wife packing shows your view is extremely faulty except you are saying that the weakness/sickness is gender related.

If a husband is a cheat, he has destroyed his home and obviously has decided NOT to make his home work. I will agree with you that acid pouring, beating the girlfriend etc. makes no sense.

Divorce/ Separation is sometimes the best solution to cheating HOWEVER, it depends on case by case basis. A woman who knew her hubby is cheat before marriage has nothing to complain about; a woman who 'snatched' the husband from another woman or used jazz to get him should obviously take the cheating calmly. Imagine Annie expecting fidelity from Tu Face; she would obviously be joking.

It is a woman who did her due diligence and the husband started cheating within the marriage that has a reason to complain.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by baldman: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ Madam Debrief08: Thanks for taking time out to respond:
debrief08:

Exodus 20. 14 “You shall not commit adultery.
Leviticus 20. 10:
Matt 5:7 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Divorce

31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.,
when a man or woman commits adultery its a sin, in the Leviticus self it was even prescribed that an adulterous man be put to death, Jesus was more lenient and said divorce. That is the bibilical stand on adultery, God doesn't pet it or tolerate it.
Now what a wife decides to do with an adulterous husband is her choice, but a Pastor standing on the Altar and preaching things outside the Bible is unacceptable.

I can't tell a couple how to handle their marriage, but I won't accept a situation where the wife or husband will have to accept responsibilty for the willful act of the other and be the one looking for solutions.
A spouse who cheats on you doesn't respect you or God, how you handle it is your choice, but the Bible is crystal clear on it, don't use the bible wrongly to justify wrong doing.

I am sure you will still cast aspersion on the church or a Pastor should your 'biblical' message of divorce based on adultery be preached on the altar. Though it appears the Old testament and indeed Jesus was talking strictly about a man putting his wife away and not the other way round. Indeed, there is no precedent laid in the bible or any biblical provision about a woman divorcing her husband ( pls I would be glad to know the verse). In any case the Bible says God hates divorce. For the few people who are mindful of the entire biblical injunctions rather than few convenient ones, it is really add to even consider divorce, moreover, you know what the Bible says about the options open to such person after divorce ( any further sexual relationship with another man is adultery)

Adultery is a sin against God, one's spouse and his own body and it is a sin that reflects the unregenerate state of mind of whoever is involved in it, if you think it is not too much for a woman to pray for her husband's salvation, then it is not too much to advice her to pray for his deliverance from the spirit of adultery unless she wants to do what God hates, divorce.

Adultery is a sad reality in Nigeria yet I don't see every woman divorcing their husbands because of it. You have no control over whether or not your husband commits adultery or not. If he does and you are not considering the divorce option, the best you can do is to pray for him , do your part to keep the home until he regains his sanity and make sure he uses protection in the meantime ( you have that right, at least). It is a difficult situation and the church has a duty to encourage you to pray, join you in prayers and inspire you to make your marriage work. I maintain that within the context described by the OP, the pastor said nothing wrong.

On whether same applies to when women commit adultery, I had say YES. God hates divorce! If you decide to separate from your spouse for good, then kiss love making goodbye and God is the happier for it, but if you are going to start thinking about that at some point while your enstranged spouse is still alive, you had better just stay put and ask God to help you save the soul of your man.

Seriously, I believe at least 8 out of every 10 married men have cheated at one point or the other in the course of their marriage and if in every case the women choose to take your advice then we should be having 80% divorce rate right now.

May God help us men to overcome the flesh, the plan of the devil is to destabilize the home and destroy the family system, we will be playing right into his hand by being unforgiving and drastic towards a spouse who committed adultery and he or she is deeply remorseful and willing to change.

1 Like

Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
baldman: @ Madam Debrief08: Thanks for taking time out to respond:

I am sure you will still cast aspersion on the church or a Pastor should your 'biblical' message of divorce based on adultery be preached on the altar. Though it appears the Old testament and indeed Jesus was talking strictly about a man putting his wife away and not the other way round. Indeed, there is no precedent laid in the bible or any biblical provision about a woman divorcing her husband ( pls I would be glad to know the verse). In any case the Bible says God hates divorce. For the few people who are mindful of the entire biblical injunctions rather than few convenient ones, it is really add to even consider divorce, moreover, you know what the Bible says about the options open to such person after divorce ( any further sexual relationship with another man is adultery)

Adultery is a sin against God, one's spouse and his own body and it is a sin that reflects the unregenerate state of mind of whoever is involved in it, if you think it is not too much for a woman to pray for her husband's salvation, then it is not too much to advice her to pray for his deliverance from the spirit of adultery unless she wants to do what God hates, divorce.

Adultery is a sad reality in Nigeria yet I don't see every woman divorcing their husbands because of it. You have no control over whether or not your husband commits adultery or not. If he does and you are not considering the divorce option, the best you can do is to pray for him , do your part to keep the home until he regains his sanity and make sure he uses protection in the meantime ( you have that right, at least). It is a difficult situation and the church has a duty to encourage you to pray, join you in prayers and inspire you to make your marriage work. I maintain that within the context described by the OP, the pastor said nothing wrong.

On whether same applies to when women commit adultery, I had say YES. God hates divorce! If you decide to separate from your spouse for good, then kiss love making goodbye and God is the happier for it, but if you are going to start thinking about that at some point while your enstranged spouse is still alive, you had better just stay put and ask God to help you save the soul of your man.

Seriously, I believe at least 8 out of every 10 married men have cheated at one point or the other in the course of their marriage and if in every case the women choose to take your advice then we should be having 80% divorce rate right now.

May God help us men to overcome the flesh, the plan of the devil is to destabilize the home and destroy the family system, we will be playing right into his hand by being unforgiving and drastic towards a spouse who committed adultery and he or she is deeply remorseful and willing to change.

@Bolded:

For what it's worth, I don't think I know of any man that divorced his wife based on adultery too wink

I am sure the scripture 'if any man be in Christ...' refers to only men or 'She who lives in pleasure is dead while she liveth' refers to only women.

Get a man/woman who has the same views you do and your home would be perfect.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
baldman: @ Madam Debrief08: Thanks for taking time out to respond:

Actually if more women in these parts divorce their husbands for cheating I can assure you that the rate of cheating by men would reduce. Majority of men in Nigeria cheat simply because there are no consequences infact rather than that the wife will be told she must have done something wrong and she must start treating him even better than ever. This is a society where men are rewarded for cheating and that is the problem. The percentage of women who cheat is less majorly because the consequence for women caught cheating is generally grave. Truth is humans will continue with a bad behaviour if they believe they can get away with it. Women are not any less weak than the men but we learn to control ourselves because society demands it of us, it is about time for the same society to demand for our men to be faithful instead of constantly making silly excuses for them.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
baldman:

This is what happens when people rely on Pastors to read and interprete the Bible for them. If you read your bible very well, you will know that if you divorce your spouse on the basis of adultery, you are free to remarry. And when you remarry you are not bound to your former spouse, so loving making continues. First of all, both men and women cheat at the same rate, if men cheat with women, then for every man cheating there is also a woman cheating. Women just tend to be more discrete.

Back to the topic, a reason married men cheat and sometime don't hide it is that people like you think the right thing to do is to pray him out of it. You make me laugh. That is why I love oyinbo women, most will give the guy a second chance but after that the marriage is over. And you talk about legacy. Don't you think the legacy you are giving your daughters is that it is ok for their boyfriends to cheat on them? So when they start dating and the boyfriend is cheating, its not going to be a big deal, because they will start praying to keep boyfriend just like mummy did. I believe lots of ladies with this mindset were runs-girls and actually cheated with married men while single and nemesis is just catching up with them. That is why you see married women attacking the girl their husbands cheat with. Lots of them did the same thing when they were single hence trying to prevent the girl from doing it to them.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Ngokafor(f): 7:19am On Sep 11, 2013
tatiana009:

Actually if more women in these parts divorce their husbands for cheating I can assure you that the rate of cheating by men would reduce. Majority of men in Nigeria cheat simply because there are no consequences infact rather than that the wife will be told she must have done something wrong and she must start treating him even better than ever. This is a society where men are rewarded for cheating and that is the problem. The percentage of women who cheat is less majorly because the consequence for women caught cheating is generally grave. Truth is humans will continue with a bad behaviour if they believe they can get away with it. Women are not any less weak than the men but we learn to control ourselves because society demands it of us, it is about time for the same society to demand for our men to be faithful instead of constantly making silly excuses for them.
...Exactly!!!....they cheat with so much impunity here because like you said,the society rewards them for their bad behaviour....let them .try such nonsense in Europe or America and sorry would be their middle name!....biological make-up my foot!
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2013
May my nieces marry husbands like Nashville, I will sleep with my eyes closed
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2013
debrief08: May my nieces marry husbands like Nashville, I will sleep with my eyes closed

I will e-mail you my wife's email address. She needs to read this. wink
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2013
debrief08: May my nieces marry husbands like Nashville, I will sleep with my eyes closed

No mind Nashville, he just dey speak English grin.

I know him very well, he's a serial womaniser.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2013
Richfella:

No mind Nashville, he just dey speak English grin.

I know him very well, he's a serial womaniser.

grin grin The guy wey you know na Noshville, me I be Nashville, no be the same thing o!
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Nashville:

grin grin The guy wey you know na Noshville, me I be Nashville, no be the same thing o!

Lol, your wifey will probably view this thread so make I pity for you. I believe you grin.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by baby124: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Orisirisi...God rescue us from today's Men of men.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
baby_123: Orisirisi...God rescue us from today's Men of men.

Lol!

It is well

I guess we the women allowed them.

Read all the treads of cheating; what do we advice? Wear sexy pant, wear push up bra, paint red lip stick, fast and pray, cook good food, have se.x more etc.

A man knows he will get all these and you advice him not to cheat?

You wain pour sand for im garri?
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by baldman: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nashville:

This is what happens when people rely on Pastors to read and interprete the Bible for them. If you read your bible very well, you will know that if you divorce your spouse on the basis of adultery, you are free to remarry. And when you remarry you are not bound to your former spouse, so loving making continues. First of all, both men and women cheat at the same rate, if men cheat with women, then for every man cheating there is also a woman cheating. Women just tend to be more discrete.

Back to the topic, a reason married men cheat and sometime don't hide it is that people like you think the right thing to do is to pray him out of it. You make me laugh. That is why I love oyinbo women, most will give the guy a second chance but after that the marriage is over. And you talk about legacy. Don't you think the legacy you are giving your daughters is that it is ok for their boyfriends to cheat on them? So when they start dating and the boyfriend is cheating, its not going to be a big deal, because they will start praying to keep boyfriend just like mummy did. I believe lots of ladies with this mindset were runs-girls and actually cheated with married men while single and nemesis is just catching up with them. That is why you see married women attacking the girl their husbands cheat with. Lots of them did the same thing when they were single hence trying to prevent the girl from doing it to them.

@Nashville: Since apparently you read your Bible very well, can you please direct me to the verse of the Bible that supports the bolded. I know it is fast becoming 'acceptable' now because some pastors are doing it but really my bible tells me that he who is intimate with the one who is divorced has committed adultery. I know this is one point people don't like admitting for obvious reasons.

I agree with your point on the fact that when men get away with cheating it kinda encourages other men to continue, but trust me, men do not get away with cheating,you cannot put a hot coal on your bosom and not be burnt. Anyways, a man that will cheat will cheat regardless of the consequences( there are men still sleeping around without protection in spite of the high risk of contact STDs).

I still maintain that cutting off the head is not the cure for an headache. I hope by the time the children who have been trained to divorce a cheating husband after a 'second chance' are on their fifth husbands (like the Samaritan woman) they will suddenly discover that men are not good for them and that they are better off with women or altogether on their own.

Spouses should cultivate the habit of praying for each other,particularly with respect to their weaknesses, who doesn't have one?. Perseverance must permeate every aspect of the marriage relationship. The women who grew old in marriage didn't do so because they got married to 'Nashvilles' ( Immunized- against-cheating men) of this world, they did because divorce is not a norm in our society ( unlike the Oyinbos), so they persevered and they are the better for it.
Re: Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses by bukatyne(f): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
baldman:

@Nashville: Since apparently you read your Bible very well, can you please direct me to the verse of the Bible that supports the bolded. I know it is fast becoming 'acceptable' now because some pastors are doing it but really my bible tells me that he who is intimate with the one who is divorced has committed adultery. I know this is one point people don't like admitting for obvious reasons.

I agree with your point on the fact that when men get away with cheating it kinda encourages other men to continue, but trust me, men do not get away with cheating,you cannot put a hot coal on your bosom and not be burnt. Anyways, a man that will cheat will cheat regardless of the consequences( there are men still sleeping around without protection in spite of the high risk of contact STDs).

I still maintain that cutting off the head is not the cure for an headache. I hope by the time the children who have been trained to divorce a cheating husband after a 'second chance' are on their fifth husbands (like the Samaritan woman) they will suddenly discover that men are not good for them and that they are better off with women or altogether on their own.

Spouses should cultivate the habit of praying for each other,particularly with respect to their weaknesses, who doesn't have one?. Perseverance must permeate every aspect of the marriage relationship. The women who grew old in marriage didn't do so because they got married to 'Nashvilles' ( Immunized- against-cheating men) of this world, they did because divorce is not a norm in our society ( unlike the Oyinbos), so they persevered and they are the better for it.

Mr. Baldman,

Please separate culture, your own beliefs from Christianity.

God never considered adultery as a weakness.

Not everyone is suited to marry. If a man knows he cannot stick to his wife alone, why should he marry?

So according to you, women 'growing' old in marriage with cheats and irresponsible men are better than women who divorced and moved on with their lives?

Once again, separate your beliefs and opinions from God's word. He is not so wicked to bound women to life of misery.

Marriage is NOT compulsory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Names Will You Give Your Twins? / Do U Have Or Your Woman Always Have Dryness During Sex Or No Sexual Urge . / My Step-father Is Making Me Think Of Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.