Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam (13473 Views)

Greenocean Petroleum Is Accepting Cv / Addax Petroleum Is Recruiting: / Adax Petroleum Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Bulldog(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2013
There has been a recent circulation of a very convincing invite for interview from oasis petroleum but it is PURE SCAM. The message they are circulating reads:
Dear Candidate, Upon receipt from Invitation letter from
us, we implore all candidates
to send the following documents to the
following 1. Invitation Letter from Oasis Oil
2. Personal Details to: Executive director, Human Resource edhr@oasispetroleum.com cc: career@mail2oasis.com All candidate outside Lagos should
send their document alongside a short
note applying for accommodation Find attached and print along to the
venue. All mails received should be
acknowledged. Accommodation Check in Starts 4pm on
13th September 2013. Only Candidates who receives this mail
from us are selected for
employment. If you have this mail sent
to you from our HR Database
through EDHR, then you are eligible for
our employment processes. Absenteeism will not be re-considered.
Reasons why it's a fake:
1. The mail was sent to edhr@oasispetroleum.com (which doesn't exist. They added it there to make the mail look authentic) and then added your own email as a blind carbon copy(bcc).
2. You'll be addressed to as "dear candidate" instead of your name. No sensible company does that.
3. The invitation letter and terms of employment etc. attached are all substandard trash prepared with microsoft word 2000(the retard still lives in the past).
4. They will require you to reply the mail to edhr@oasispetroleum.com(which will bounce) and a carbon copy to career@mail2oasis.com which is the operating email of the motherf::ker
5. finally, they'll ask you to pay the sum of 3000naira to the account of one isiamu: dr okoma samson, account number: 3073605554 before a certain time limit for the recruiter(which is still the fool).
If any of you have a way of making sure the people behind this scam is arrested and brought to book, it'll be for the greater good of the general public and the nigeria youths. Regards to you all

5 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by secnelly: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
^^^tnx for d post @ op.

Buh could there be any counter to this claim? As in people who went through the entire process and succeeded to the Trainee programme?
If not, there is need for another back up from other nls to the OP's claims.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by oweniwe(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2013
I got this same mail yesterday night. . About 3 weeks ago, they sent me same mail with exactly same content, but another company name= Pan Ocean Oil & Gas (instead of Pan Ocean Oil Corporation). They used the original Pan Ocean logo . ,

And you'll be asked to pay into a personal account instead of corporate/account. . Hmmm
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by oweniwe(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2013
secnelly: ^^^tnx for d post @ op.

Buh could there be any counter to this claim? As in people who went through the entire process and succeeded to the Trainee programme?
If not, there is need for another back up from other nls to the OP's claims. . .
bro, use ur head nau. . Normal recruitment process is not like that. In normal recruitment, you apply or drop CV, then call for aptitude test, and then interview before documentation and medicals. .

But this one. . How and when did you apply for the job? How did they get your email address? Must have been through fake vacancy adverts placed online that one applied for.

Then from nowhere, you got mail to come for documentation at some fancy hotels instead of the company's corporate HQ . . If you ask for change of location to warri or PH, they'll send u mail asking you to pay 3k first

Why ask job seekers to pay 3k to "the outsourcing firm" that has no name or address? Why should payment be made into a personal account instead of company account? If you're paying for something, you should at least see what you're paying for first. You'v not seen or met anybody, no appointment letter, , nothing. . And one is asked to pay 3k before 4pm to a first bank account. . If first bank is far from your vicinity, what will you do?

Ara ga gba ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Bulldog(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2013
@secnelly, precisely, those people are just cons
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Gideon1010(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2013
NLs, 4gt this people they are scammers, i knw its a scam.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by digitalvino: 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Greatest scam of the year, even ma great grand mother won't fall for this, 3k to be paid to a personal account they cud not even afford to open a corporate account, thumbs down for effc for not picking these miscreants

1 Like

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by joleram(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2013
Infact, God will bless you guys for this useful info. I just got the message and I was so happy when I saw @ company name. It was later when I read the analysis here b4 I went bak to my mail and reanalysed. Thanks so much for saving someone.

3 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by mekado83(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ndi ara, ha choro irim..

1 Like

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just got an e-mail from them now, I googled 'oasis petroleum' n I was brought here.

3 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by kwasinwi: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yeah, received d email too, and google the company to be sure and was brought here. Thnx FO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я the info guys!

2 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by angelroz: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
I also got the invite from oasis petroleum today. May God deliver us from these scammers o.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by kinxlee: 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just go this mail today, but they put their company's address there, somewhere at lekki
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Bulldog(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
If you didn't apply for the job, then... I'm 200% sure it's a scam. But to clear your doubt, you can visit the place and see if it looked like the headquarters of a multinational company or whether it even exists. Goodluck
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by TeeChamp: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks guys, just got my own message yesterday. Another proof to know its a fraud is that they didnt put any address, they just said companies address.

1 Like

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by mauriceminor: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
hello guyz i got de mail 2,but i belive is scam rili,
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by arnoldolumba: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks u guy for information about oasis petroleum,i got mail from them today and some files are attached to the mail for me to print out.What make me sure they are scammer,is that mail has no office address.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by arnoldolumba: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks u guy for information about oasis petroleum,i got mail from them today and some files are attached to the mail for me to print out.What make me sure they are scammer,is that there mail has no office address.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by arnoldolumba: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bulldog: There has been a recent circulation of a very convincing invite for interview from oasis petroleum but it is PURE SCAM. The message they are circulating reads:
Reasons why it's a fake:
1. The mail was sent to edhr@oasispetroleum.com (which doesn't exist. They added it there to make the mail look authentic) and then added your own email as a blind carbon copy(bcc).
2. You'll be addressed to as "dear candidate" instead of your name. No sensible company does that.
3. The invitation letter and terms of employment etc. attached are all substandard trash prepared with microsoft word 2000(the retard still lives in the past).
4. They will require you to reply the mail to edhr@oasispetroleum.com(which will bounce) and a carbon copy to career@mail2oasis.com which is the operating email of the motherf::ker
5. finally, they'll ask you to pay the sum of 3000naira to the account of one isiamu: dr okoma samson, account number: 3073605554 before a certain time limit for the recruiter(which is still the fool).
If any of you have a way of making sure the people behind this scam is arrested and brought to book, it'll be for the greater good of the general public and the nigeria youths. Regards to you all
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Gooci(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2013
imagine ds people, i got mine nov 1st........ i ws like ds thing came so easy............ na so i don get work dem be fools

1 Like

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by missylyn: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
Just got the mail nw...nawa o
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by paddyxw101: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
sad cheii am just reading the msg sent by this same people with same format.
somehow i felt they where real, but the 3000naira made me wonder why, i had to do some reaerche here and all thanks to nairaland now i knw evry.
this is what the sent dis time around

Dear Candidate,

Upon receipt from Invitation letter from us, we implore all candidates to send the following documents to the following

1. Invitation Letter from Oasis Petroleum
2. Personal Details

to:

Executive director, Human Resource

edhr@oasispetroleum.com

cc: career@mail2oasis.com

All candidate outside Lagos should send their document alongside a short note applying for accommodation, Candidates who cannot travel down to Lagos Head Office for their documentation can write a short letter to career@mail2oasis.com applying for change of location to any of our other branch offices ( Port Harcourt and Warri) accompany the letter with the outsourcing payment details. Reschedule Invitation and entrance tag will be sent to your email address.

Find attached and print along to the venue.

All mails received should be acknowledged.

Accommodation Check in Starts 4pm on Tuesday 5th November 2013 @ the Companies office.

Only Candidates who receives this mail from us are selected for employment. If you have this mail sent to you from our HR Database through EDHR, then you are eligible for our employment processes.

Absenteeism will not be re-considered.

heres is there attachements
THE OASIS INVITATION

Dear Candidate:

Following your application for Employment in our organization (Oasis Oil and Gas), you are hereby invited for our Employment chat/ Programmes/Documentation scheduled as follows:

Date: Wednesday 6th November 2013

Time: 10: 00am Prompt

Venue: Oasis Petroleum Tower, 12/13 Admiralty Road, Ikate Elegushi, Lekki Phase 1. Lagos

Kindly come along with the following

1. A copy of this email

2. One recent Passport

3. Relevant Academic Credentials.

MUHAMMED DANJUMA (DR)

Relief – Recruitment Manager

Lateness will not be condoled

Note: Reply a message of acknowledgement as a receipt of this Invitation.

Find Enclosed: Schedule of Oasis Recruitment 2013 and Terms of Employment.

______________________________Disclaimer_____________________________________

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, taking of any action upon, this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this by error, Please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer

heres another

OASIS LETTER

Dear Candidate,

Following the Receipt of your Invitation Letter from the office of the Recruitment Manager and your acceptance to the
Terms and conditions guiding Oasis Oil and Gas. I want to implore you to fully exhibit the spirit of sportsmanship and
Natural charisma during your documentation with our organization. I also want to inform you to be time conscious
as the time stipulated on the invitations will be strictly followed and violators or breacher of time might be penalized
using the discretion of the management.

All documents should be fully available, including the teller of N3000 drawn as service charge in favor of Life Career
Outsourcing agencies with Account Details Name: Engr SANUSI OLAMILEKAN Account No:3076933197, FIRSTBANK Note: Entrance will be granted to the multipurpose hall for chat with your teller in exchange for a TAG and cash will not be received at the entrance.
Payment to outsourcing will close 6PM Monday 4th November 2013 to enable proper compilation and documentation.

Teller numbers should be sent to teller@mail2oasis.com immediately after payment.

Congratulations, Please Oasis oil and gas do not charge any fee for employment. Thanks. HR

heres another

TERMS

Terms, Condition and Schedule of OASIS OIL AND GAS Recruitment 2013.
The Management of Oasis Oil and Gas wish to bring to your notice that the recruitment selection team short listed you based on your academic qualification and not experience, the organization will train all employed to the standard of the organization for a period of 6 months management trainee course fitting into different areas as follows

1. Cooperate Relations Officers
2. Client Service Officers
3. Sales Officers
4. Finance Officers
5. Market Research Officer
6. Hr officers
7. Information Officers
8. Customer Service Officers
9. Public Relation Officers
10. Warehouse Officers
11. IT officers
12. Maintenance officers
13. Credit officers
14. Facility Officers
15. Project Officers
16. Medical Research Officers

During this period each trainee will be Paid a trainee fee of N90, 000(Ninety thousand naira only) monthly. The Management reserves the right to terminate your trainee appointment if the management finds out any ingenuinity in your academic qualification or poor communication skills.
Terms of Employment
The Terms of Employment (Information) Act 1994 provides that Oasis Oil and Gas must issue you with a written statement of terms and conditions relating to their employment before commencement. It must include the following:
• The full names of the employer and the employee
• The address of the employer
• The place of work, or where there is no main place of work, a statement indicating that an employee is required or permitted to work at various places
• Job title or nature of the work
• Date of commencement of employment
• If the contract is temporary, the expected duration of employment
• If the contract is for a fixed-term, the date on which the contract expires
• The rate of pay or method of calculating pay
• Whether pay is weekly, monthly or otherwise
• Terms or conditions relating to hours of work, including overtime
• Terms or conditions relating to paid leave (other than paid sick leave)
• Any terms or conditions relating to incapacity for work due to sickness or injury
• Any terms or conditions relating to pensions and pension schemes
• Periods of notice or method for determining periods of notice
• A reference to any collective agreements which affect the terms of employment.

SCHEDULE/TIMETABLE OF EMPLOYMENT.

Date: Wednesday 6th November 2013 (EMPLOYMENT CHAT)

Venue: Oasis Petroleum Tower, 12/13 Admiralty Road, Ikate Elegushi, Lekki Phase 1,
Lagos State

Note: Oasis group provides Breakfast/ Lunch for all and Accommodation for only residing outside Lagos. For candidate residing outside Lagos Send your details to career@mail2oasis.com for Free registration of your accommodation immediately after receiving this mail.

Date: Thursday 7th November 2013(MEDICAL ASSESSMENT)

Venue: Parkview Hospital, Ikoyi (Information concerning the medicals will be disseminated to every candidate during the employment chat.

Date: Friday 8th November 2013(INDUCTION)

Time: 9: 00am Prompt

Venue: 8th Floor, Oasis Petroleum Tower

Date: Saturday 9th November 2013(EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTATION)

Time: 9: 00am Prompt

Venue: 5th Floor Oasis Petroleum Tower

Date: Monday 11th November 2013(RESUMPTION)

Time: 8: 00am Prompt

Venue: Oasis Group Posting (Lagos, Port Harcourt, Bayesla, Warri and Eket)

We want to implore you to adhere to the time stipulated here and also to inform you that all candidates are to come with a teller of N3000 service charge paid in favor of the Outsourcing Company in charge of the employment as you will be given a tag by the outsourcing company on entrance to the Multipurpose hall for the chat. Note: Oasis Petroleum does not receive money for employment.

Thanks.

CRAZY BASTARDS .........

2 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by mualima: 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
thanks nairalanders. i got exactly the same mail on nov 1st. i knew it was scam from the beginning of the mail cos they couldnt even speak good english. imagine ...."Upon receipt from invitation letter from us" instead of "Upon receipt of invitation letter from us. No oil company executive would speak that kind of oyinbo. lol

1 Like

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Bulldog(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
december don de reach and they don de open shop for those wey go fall mugu.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by fety4ward: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
I am using this medium to appeal to our security agency to go after this criminals that are taking advantage of unemployment in our dear country.
God bless Nigeria and I wish all the guys better days ahead.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by kaykash007(m): 11:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Tanks to u guys, I was so hapi when I got d mail dis moni but my spirit asked me to check for details of d company on google whc brought me here. Kai......naija I hail oooooooooooo. One tin I know is that God's plan for our life will surely come to pass and very soon heaven will arrest all dis scammers. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by rextor007: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
This world is a crazy place where people do all sorts just to make it to the top of the food chain...whether you are employed or unemployed, they don't give a hoot! I got this very same message this morning and was pretty much excited only pause,think straight and read in-between the lines. There were a few things that gave me second thoughts, even though clearly I didn't apply, amongst which were: " Upon receipt FROM invitation letter from us"- Which HR of a multinational company would ever write such grammatical blunder and "accompany the letter with the outsourcing payment details" -what multinational oil and gas company would ask you to make payments before any such job is given to you and almost all of them don't use outsourcing companies for their recruitment. Thank God for Nairaland, I googled the company and bumped into this recent post which gave me confirmation. But come to think of it, these guys have an account with First Bank with which they operate, wouldn't it be easier for the law to catch up with this guys. These country is a messed up country. I fell prey to something like this 3years back after my youth service and I reported to Ecobank cos I paid into an account with them and the customer service guy was looking at the details of the account on his screen and all he could say with a pity face was "why are they using this lady to commit this crime ehn" They asked me to file a police report, sworn affidavit and all that which I did but nothing was done about it even up until now. My NYSC hard earned money of 30k was all gone. I just had to leave everything in the hands of God like we always do in this part of the world. God will not come down from heaven to fight our battles for us. That's the reason for the brain he gave to us but unfortunately those who ought to be fighting these crimes are not using theirs. It all boils down to this, let's do what's best possible within our powers to stop these crimes which is why I commend nairaland for a job well done. When you get things like these, google them. It might just save your life and the little money that you have! One love!!!

5 Likes

Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
I just received my own scam mail this afternoon.

SMH for the scammers.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by RGem(f): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
Real motherfuckers they are! I just got a mail from the said oasis petroleum. Mail got me happy for like a minute, wc kept me wondering when I applied. Upon viewing the stupid documents they sent, was asked to pay 3k and I knew the foolish scammers were at their pranks again. And like a sensible NLer would do, I googled their address and alas! I came upon this thread.

N.B : The name they used this time around.

'All documents should be fully available, including the teller of N3000 drawn as service charge in favor of Life Career
Outsourcing agencies with Account Details Name: Engr OMISORE DADA Account No:3077058529, FIRSTBANK Note: Entrance will be granted to the multipurpose hall for chat with your teller in exchange for a TAG and cash will not be received at the entrance.
Payment to outsourcing will close 5PM Thursday 7th November 2013 to enable proper compilation and documentation.'
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by itsmetoosin: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
I just received my mine! Lool. I was initially happy till I got to the point where they included a fee! Smh.

To get job in this country is not this easy, this scammers should borrow some sense

May God save us from this terrible people
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
I also got thesame text 4rm thesame company. I was initially excited but the #3000 was what caught my attention. I decided to google the said company and bumped on this.
Re: Employment Offer From Oasis Petroleum Is A Scam by Sam88: 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thank you guys for always keeping abreast of things. God bless. was already thinking of what i will wear before i saw 3k, so i came to Naira Land to confirm and voila. Double thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Idea When Npower Candidates Will Be Mobilized Before....? / Bolt Driver In Abeokuta Or Ilorin Which Is More Profitable? / Job Opportunity At Nestle Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.