Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

15 Hidden Secrets Of Coconut Oil Use - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Hidden Secrets Of Coconut Oil Use (6571 Views)

Hidden Causes Of Kidney Failure / Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil -100% Pure Organic! / Hidden Secrets of Weightloss with Teas/Supplement; Fasting and Keto weight loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Hidden Secrets Of Coconut Oil Use by tedd(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2013
15 Cool Uses for Coconut Oil
Here are some fun ways to use up that giant canister of Virgin Coconut Oil sitting in your pantry that you occasionally use to cook with & only purchased because you heard it was good for you….

1. Dandruff

Apply 3 Tbsp of coconut oil (for extra potency add 10 drops tea tree oil) to your head and massage into the scalp. Let it sit for an hour, then shampoo your hair as your regularly would. No need for conditioner as your hair will be super soft after! Repeat every few days till the problem clears up.

2. Cradle Cap

If your baby has that funky cradle cap, apply some coconut oil straight up to the head, let it sit, then gently scrub some of the flakiness off with a soft baby brush. You can apply the coconut oil as frequent as you like, but make sure not to brush too much. We don’t want to irritate the skin.

3. Shaving Cream

Apply coconut oil to your legs, arms, or wherever else. Shave as you normally would. The oil creates a great barrier and softens hair follicles, thus making for a smoother shave.

4. Eye Makeup Remover

Put a little dab on a cotton ball and use to wipe off all that black stuff. Works like a charm.

5. Sex Lube

Yeah, you heard me right. Coconut Oil serves as an excellent sex lube. It has natural antibacterial and antiviral properties, so it’s good for not disrupting the natural flora of your hoo-ha. Beware, though, it is not latex compatible, so if you’re using latex condoms, stick to a water based lube instead.

6. Acid Reflux

Taking 3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil daily can drastically reduce acid reflux & even help stomach ulcers. It can be hard to ingest that much oil, so find interesting ways to do so. You can put some in your tea or even in a veggie capsule.

7. Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy

Steer clear of the bio-oil & other not-so-great oils. Stick with all natural, virgin coconut oil. It has a really pleasant smell, and it works wonders for keeping your skin nice and taught.

8. Body Scrub

Mix with equal parts salt and/or sugar, along with your favorite essential oils to make an awesome body exfoliator that leaves your skin SO soft. Click HERE for my recipe.

9. Nipple Cream for Nursing

Use in place of Lanolin & other creams to care for painful, chapped nips.

10. Illness preventer

One of my favorite ways to use coconut oil, strangely enough, is to put some on a q-tip and rub it around the inside of my nostrils. I find this works best if you mix it with a little tea tree oil. I love doing this before I go on airplanes or anywhere else I’m going to be exposed to a lot of germs. It works so well at blocking out pathogens & keeping the nasal passages moist. Also works for helping allergies!

11. Increase Milk Supply

Take 3-4 Tbsp a day to increase boob milk supply

12. Remineralize Teeth

This sounds strange, but “oil pulling” with coconut oil daily helps to remineralize (make stronger) your teeth. It also whitens them. Simply put a tsp of coconut oil under the tongue and swish back and forth between lower teeth & around mouth for 15 min daily. This is a cool way to eliminate toxins as well.

13. Treatment for Yeast Infection

Soak a tampon in coconut oil, insert into vagina & leave in overnight. I haven’t had the privilege of trying this one yet, but I’m sure it works considering the high anti-fungal properties of coconut oil.

14. Homemade Deodorant

15. Wound Care

Instead of Neosporin, try slathering some coconut oil on your next boo boo. It will help repair the abrasion quickly while fighting infection.

What are some of your favorite uses for coconut oil? Leave them in the comments section!

http://raddestmom.com/tag/coconut-oil-sex-lube/
Re: 15 Hidden Secrets Of Coconut Oil Use by CORDROSS: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2013
I seems to have problem here; Cos most useful natural stuffs are difficult to locate or identify at our usual market, however supply the local name. Or is it what Yoruba people calls Adi-agbon?
tedd: 15 Cool Uses for Coconut Oil
Here are some fun ways to use up that giant canister of Virgin Coconut Oil sitting in your pantry that you occasionally use to cook with & only purchased because you heard it was good for you….

1. Dandruff

Apply 3 Tbsp of coconut oil (for extra potency add 10 drops tea tree oil) to your head and massage into the scalp. Let it sit for an hour, then shampoo your hair as your regularly would. No need for conditioner as your hair will be super soft after! Repeat every few days till the problem clears up.

2. Cradle Cap

If your baby has that funky cradle cap, apply some coconut oil straight up to the head, let it sit, then gently scrub some of the flakiness off with a soft baby brush. You can apply the coconut oil as frequent as you like, but make sure not to brush too much. We don’t want to irritate the skin.

3. Shaving Cream

Apply coconut oil to your legs, arms, or wherever else. Shave as you normally would. The oil creates a great barrier and softens hair follicles, thus making for a smoother shave.

4. Eye Makeup Remover

Put a little dab on a cotton ball and use to wipe off all that black stuff. Works like a charm.

5. Sex Lube

Yeah, you heard me right. Coconut Oil serves as an excellent sex lube. It has natural antibacterial and antiviral properties, so it’s good for not disrupting the natural flora of your hoo-ha. Beware, though, it is not latex compatible, so if you’re using latex condoms, stick to a water based lube instead.

6. Acid Reflux

Taking 3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil daily can drastically reduce acid reflux & even help stomach ulcers. It can be hard to ingest that much oil, so find interesting ways to do so. You can put some in your tea or even in a veggie capsule.

7. Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy

Steer clear of the bio-oil & other not-so-great oils. Stick with all natural, virgin coconut oil. It has a really pleasant smell, and it works wonders for keeping your skin nice and taught.

8. Body Scrub

Mix with equal parts salt and/or sugar, along with your favorite essential oils to make an awesome body exfoliator that leaves your skin SO soft. Click HERE for my recipe.

9. Nipple Cream for Nursing

Use in place of Lanolin & other creams to care for painful, chapped nips.

10. Illness preventer

One of my favorite ways to use coconut oil, strangely enough, is to put some on a q-tip and rub it around the inside of my nostrils. I find this works best if you mix it with a little tea tree oil. I love doing this before I go on airplanes or anywhere else I’m going to be exposed to a lot of germs. It works so well at blocking out pathogens & keeping the nasal passages moist. Also works for helping allergies!

11. Increase Milk Supply

Take 3-4 Tbsp a day to increase boob milk supply

12. Remineralize Teeth

This sounds strange, but “oil pulling” with coconut oil daily helps to remineralize (make stronger) your teeth. It also whitens them. Simply put a tsp of coconut oil under the tongue and swish back and forth between lower teeth & around mouth for 15 min daily. This is a cool way to eliminate toxins as well.

13. Treatment for Yeast Infection

Soak a tampon in coconut oil, insert into vagina & leave in overnight. I haven’t had the privilege of trying this one yet, but I’m sure it works considering the high anti-fungal properties of coconut oil.

14. Homemade Deodorant

15. Wound Care

Instead of Neosporin, try slathering some coconut oil on your next boo boo. It will help repair the abrasion quickly while fighting infection.

What are some of your favorite uses for coconut oil? Leave them in the comments section!

http://raddestmom.com/tag/coconut-oil-sex-lube/

(1) (Reply)

22 High-fiber Foods You Should Eat / Why Can't One Eat Mango And Banana Together / Dawei Laptop Ultrasound Scan Machine For Sale (NEW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.